Future Zombies Treyarch Hints from DICE Chat

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly just an oversight by whoever made it & we are looking into it too much?

Methinks perhaps a little of both? Regardless, I'm eating it up.

If you look closely, there is more white space in between the crossed out figure's left side then Tank's left side.

I really don't think the crossed out figure could be anyone but Richtofen, but that's probably exactly what 3arc wants us to think.

All I keep thinking of is that scene in Back to the Future, when Marty looks at himself slowly fading/erasing from the family photo.

heres my question(s) about what 3arc is trying to tell us:

1. something happened to Richtofen after Origins?

2. he never exist in Origins to begin with?

3. has someone erased Richtofen (ala Marty Mcfly) from time?

And now to entertain the outcome if all said questions were hypothetically true:

1. Events of WaW. BO & BO2 never happen. PARADOX

2. Tank, Tak and Nikolai would have not discovered the secrets of the Excavation site without the help of the doctor's knowledge & experience with the location. PARADOX

3. Richtofen does not happen. PARADOX

You can see I'm getting at something. Do we need to save Richtofen?

Going back in time reminds me of one of the endings I was hoping to see in Black Ops II instead of Origins:

The last ending which I would like to see would be sort of "good"ending. The group gets contacted by Richtofen's sanity which got separated from him when he found the pyramid. They will help him to reset time and to connect with his past self in Der Riese in the 40's. We get cutscene of Richtofen walking with Maxis down on aisle when suddenly Richtofen gets horrible headache he tells Maxis to go on and says he will follow him soon. You can see Richtofen to talk by himself. "What is this?" "Get out of my head!" "...Yes... I will... I see now." The cutscene ends as Richtofen pulls out his Luger and squeezes the handle in his fist and looks forward to the direction Maxis went.

Thank Lizza for it not me! Anyways I cant believe we just went through this whole conversation again! XD we are in the loop as well. Mocking me, Maxis did not erase Richtofen and only put him into the zombies. But richtofen erased Maxis in his ending. I think you guys are looking to far into the future. We last left off in the past and all this stuff is referring to Origins. Also GRILL I think that Richtofen was erased from time but in his place is another character who was missing from the Kino portrait in the same way. Then we go through all the maps seeing what would happen without Richtofen which would be a huge game changer. Also I think that map where we see Richtofen get erased or stay would be in 1915 due to it being before Origins and the date on the blueprint in the comic book.

Edit: Pinnaz, the Dempsey profile has cream on and I think it looked the most like Richtofen so they used that and smudged it out instead of going through the trouble of making his profile image.

Edit: Pinnaz, the Dempsey profile has cream on and I think it looked the most like Richtofen so they used that and smudged it out instead of going through the trouble of making his profile image.

Very much this.  Richtofen didn't have a profile image so they just reused one of the others, explaining why it was smudged as well as crossed out.  The fact that he didn't originally have a profile image back then is a little interesting, was all of this being eluded to back then?

Man another reason I wish this forum allowed uploads instead of only linking to external images. Lots of old posts have broken images.

Word. My best works have not aged well over here. Forum format changes, and lost media, made some of those epic threads shadows of their former selves.

- Mix Uh, boys, you can directly upload images to your posts ever since the site was updated a few months back. :3

I believe it was "My Media" under More Reply Options, I'm on my phone so it doesn't show, but it's not too hard to find.

:begin side note:

FYI you can attach a file as a thumbnail at the end to a post (like I did here) but that's much different than putting an image inline with your text (as most of the old posts by Mix have).   But you can also attach a photo from your phone's camera roll.

:end side note:

post-120147-0-99378900-1424284457_thumb.

Very much this.  Richtofen didn't have a profile image so they just reused one of the others, explaining why it was smudged as well as crossed out.  The fact that he didn't originally have a profile image back then is a little interesting, was all of this being eluded to back then?

That is a really good question actually.  I've always wondered how much they are actively planning on eluding to things in the future, or whether as things evolve and as community theories and feedback circulate, they go back and find little things from the past to bring back and create an allusion.  

Like i'm thinking the bulletin boards in Der Reise having the pic of the lighthouse from Call of the Dead.  Did they legitimately put that pic there in der reise already having planned to make a map including that lighthouse, or did they go back and look for things we noticed in Der Reise, and then storyboard map concepts based around what we saw and found........

the world may never know

As of Origins Samantha is without a body, Maxis is without a body too since he is either a quadrotor or some sort of electric drone. Gersch had no body. Lots of people are body less.

Also, I think CotD was supposedly a lot different than before. I think it was hinting at that more but since its the same lighthouse it doesnt matter.

If you think about it, Richtofen is simply only one who has literally no body.  ¯_(ツ)_/¯

@Matuzz yeah, I mean - when I think about Richtofen (and his body) from origins - all I really concentrate on are those damn blood vials.  It really makes me wonder if, prior to the O4 meeting up for the first time, if Richtofen had some sort of intervention with a time traveler who gave him those blood vials.  Maybe even himself, from the future - which could be another reason as to his... confusion when we first meet him.

BRFlmoKCQAA24hA.png

qxAvvKZ.png

okay well i believe it isn't a pink pen, but brown.. after looking up these three colors, a lot of help from dannyfrog and its value in war history i came across this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red–green–brown_alliance

"The term red-green-brown alliance, originating in France, refers to the alleged alliance of Communists (red), Islamists (green), and Ultranationalists (brown). The term is often used in a broad sense to refer to antisemitic and/or anti-American views shared by disparate groups and movements."

If you think about it, Richtofen is simply only one who has literally no body.  ¯_(ツ)_/¯

@Matuzz yeah, I mean - when I think about Richtofen (and his body) from origins - all I really concentrate on are those damn blood vials.  It really makes me wonder if, prior to the O4 meeting up for the first time, if Richtofen had some sort of intervention with a time traveler who gave him those blood vials.  Maybe even himself, from the future - which could be another reason as to his... confusion when we first meet him.

Yeah it's quite weird for him to carry blood of people from the 30's if there is no timetravel involved.

Yeah it's quite weird for him to carry blood of people from the 30's if there is no timetravel involved.

Well, just because the vials have the same prison numbers doesn't mean it's THEIR blood. 

@Black Hand Smith

But the problem is, how coincidental can you get with two ID combinations matching those EXACTLY? It's such a ridiculously small chance, and they wouldn't "accidentally" put those numbers on there for no good reason, y'know?

Misty abigail Briarton. Her middle name is Abigail.....unless misty is her nickname and abigail is her whatever.....The Name abigail is also in the walls in Kino der toten. So does the name Abigail mean those two things are connected? Hell no. The same way that a few digits being the same means nothing. 

In Shangri-la I believe the name Brock is followed by Russman. According to Some data files which someone else will have to find because I am no good with Digging through game files however, just because the name russman appears does not mean it has any connections to Black Russman from Tranzit. 

115 can be typed in to the number slots in MOTD to small easter egg. However that does not mean they are related. It being Hell and all and not 115.

• Administrators

@Black Hand Smith

A name is coincidental to a very large degree. My name is Danny, but does that mean I'm called that because of Danny Trejo? No - it's just coincidence.

Nobody knows about Kino's "Abigail" connection other than that it was probably the name of a child that Samantha befriended at the theater during the 115 projects. People tried linking it up to Misty but there is just no common ground nor shred of evidence whatsoever.

The Russman thing with Brock is weird, and considering that it was hidden in the file archives of the game itself, probably means it was not for our eyes to see. Even then, we can't find any evidence nor connection between the two people whatsoever.

Everyone uses 1-1-5 for everything; Mob of the Dead just proved that Element 115 was not the cause of this purgatory. That is just an allusion, not a connection.

But having blood vials with three numbers followed by a letter, and being that those are two of the MotD inmate numbers that you actually punch into the volt meters for an Easter Egg step, it's clear as day that this was not a coincidence unlike the statements you just made. You can't argue with a fact like that.

And yes, it is a fact that those numbers match up to the prisoner IDs. The only thing that is not fact is whether they are the blood of those specific inmates. But there's enough evidence about that than what you just mentioned and combined.

@Black Hand Smith

A name is coincidental to a very large degree. My name is Danny, but does that mean I'm called that because of Danny Trejo? No - it's just coincidence.

Nobody knows about Kino's "Abigail" connection other than that it was probably the name of a child that Samantha befriended at the theater during the 115 projects. People tried linking it up to Misty but there is just no common ground nor shred of evidence whatsoever.

The Russman thing with Brock is weird, and considering that it was hidden in the file archives of the game itself, probably means it was not for our eyes to see. Even then, we can't find any evidence nor connection between the two people whatsoever.

Everyone uses 1-1-5 for everything; Mob of the Dead just proved that Element 115 was not the cause of this purgatory. That is just an allusion, not a connection.

But having blood vials with three numbers followed by a letter, and being that those are two of the MotD inmate numbers that you actually punch into the volt meters for an Easter Egg step, it's clear as day that this was not a coincidence unlike the statements you just made. You can't argue with a fact like that.

And yes, it is a fact that those numbers match up to the prisoner IDs. The only thing that is not fact is whether they are the blood of those specific inmates. But there's enough evidence about that than what you just mentioned and combined.

For all we know that could just be an easter egg, a callback to a previous map.

Do the vials have anything to do with MOTD? Odds are they don't

Are the ID numbers just Easter eggs? Probably

Are the numbers significant like Badwolf was in Doctor who? Well......That is an interesting thought and now I have an idea for a new post