Staff Meeting - WHAT WAS DISCUSSED (9/1)

GRILL

Hellllllllllllo CODZ.

Grilliam-Vrilliam-Trilliam here, with the notes from our recent staff meeting. We've decided that it is much easier to create a new thread for each meeting, rather then update one thread. Scroll below to see what we discussed, and do let us know what you think!

Staff in Attendance:

StrWrsBob, Covert Gunman, Way2g00d, GRILL, Hells Warrrior, Boom, InfestLithium, Jolteon, Slade

September 2014 Staff Meeting
Topic Information Status
Customized Chat Sounds we'd like to "zombie" up the onsite chat with better sounds. We'd specifically like to come up with an "Entrance" sound, and "Exit" sound. We think that having a sound for every message may be overkill, but are open to suggestions. We will create a community input thread for all of you to figure out what you would like most :D CLICK HERE to give us your opinion on chat sounds.
New Medal Ideas

@ has supplied us with some snazzy medals in the past, and we've approved a couple new ideas from him (design TBD)

A7jsZzL.png - Clocked (24 hours spent on codz)

eNp4Nwz.png - Brainiac (Earn 20 brains)

mcXtXS7.png - Pixelated (Win 15 Trophies in CODZ Arcade)

pVd5kZj.png - Olympian (CODZ Olympics medal)

Will implement as soon as we nail the design down.  We'd like @ to "zombie-up" all of his ideas, and we're fully confident he can do so.
Medals Being Moved Moving medals to the signature line allows for your profile view at the side of posts to take up less space, and it allows you to display more medals! Complete, but not permanent. Let us know what you think.
Default Avatar Image

The default avatar was pretty bland, so we are going to replace it with this: VulSt7h.jpg

Hope that's cool with all of you ;)

Complete
The Graveyard Being Public This was initially a mistake, the graveyard as never meant to be public - and as tantalizing as it was to view such forbidden threads, we're going to keep it locked for the better of the community.   Graveyard will not be public.
Consolidating Usergroups At this point, most usergroups will stay the same.  We will be doing some organization at the "Affiliate" level but only to ensure everyone has the correct  title and "affiliation". Ongoing.
Spur of the Moment section removed In case you haven't noticed, we removed the "Spur of the Moment" section in Teammate Finder.  NOW, it's just "Teammate Finder", and a section for specific teams & tournaments.  We observed that people were essentially using "Spur of the Moment" and "Teammate Finder" for the same purpose, so we consolidated. Complete
Revising the Code of Conduct We have been hard at work revising the Code of Conduct to be more specific, and cover more areas of conduct.  We appreciate your patience, and will announce when we publish the revised CoC. Ongoing.
New Emoticons

We are going to add some new (and bring back some old favorite) emoticons!

mrgreen.gif - Mr. Green (for posting & chat)

facepalm.gif - Facepalm (for posting & chat)

Thumbs-up-emoticon.gif - Thumbs Up (for posting & chat)

Animated_zombie_(3).gif - Dance Zombie (for posting & chat)

tumbleweed@2x.pngtumbleweed_zps8ac9c263.gif - Tumbleweed (for chat only - which one do you like?)

... - tell us your ideas too!

Just need to implement on the backend.
Medal Request Form Bugs We are working to standardize the medal requests to an automated form which notifies all staff.  Currently the form has some bugs and issues like coding at the top of the page, so we are still using the "old" method which can by CLICKING HERE. As soon as we fix the bugs, we will implement the automated medal request form.
CODZ & COD:AW You can certainly expect us to support the new co-op mode that comes with Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - as we have done with "Extinction".  We are very excited, and are eager for the announcement.   Once the new mode is confirmed - we will update the forum theme (while still preserving the foundations of CODZ), add new sections for discussion, and perhaps some new COD:AW-related medals ;)
Special Event Prior to COD:AW We are throwing around the idea of a special and exciting event that is set to happen prior to Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare's release. More on this soon.
Give us your Input Like a change we did?  Can't stand a change we did?  Have an idea for something new?  Got a solution to our problem?  LET US KNOW HERE. Just post in this thread, and we will do our best to address any issues in our next staff meeting - scheduled for in/around October 1st. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm liking most of these ideas, but if I may suggest something:

1. Brainiac is tiered. Not really the most important thing, but I think it'd be nice to have like 3 tiers - Brainiac I (20 brains), Brainiac II (50 brains) and Brainiac III (100 brains)

2. Why not implement a Spur of the Moment thing in a similar way to the Status Updates (if at all possible)? Have them timestamped to the minute and on a special page where all you do is list something like "Game/Goals: Origins EE, Platform: PS3, GT: NaitraxYT" and people can check on that list which updates every time a new request is put out? I think that would work a lot better and be a proper Spur of the Moment thing.

Other than that, good job guys.

• Administrators

Default avatar has now been changed

default_large.png

I cant really see a difference apart from like the darker shading, the default pic should be something zombies orientated.

Lol he posted the wrong image. That's the original, the new image can be seen in the op.

Default avatar has now been changed

default_large.png

I cant really see a difference apart from like the darker shading, the default pic should be something zombies orientated.

Lol he posted the wrong image. That's the original, the new image can be seen in the op.

I never :P

Ah makes sense lol, I wish we were orange and the new people were standard white btw, maybe there should be a poll?

Default avatar has now been changeddefault_large.png

I never :P

Ah makes sense lol, I wish we were orange and the new people were standard white btw, maybe there should be a poll?

Nah we actually tried that before, and because of the forum color palette/theme it made everything hard to read. You could always donate $1 and get blue ;)

Here's one for the "Clocked" medal:

DQeK2u0.gif

^This is awesome!

If you can slow it down so it matches rl seconds it's perfect. 

So how can you tell a mod on the request thread that you have the medal, im not sure I know of a time online counter which if there isnt I like the sound of.

:animated-zombie:  :animated-zombie:  :animated-zombie:  :animated-zombie:

^.^

Awesome stuff. hahaha

From left to right - Jay, Undad, Boom & Hells Warrrior on an early Saturday morning walk home.

So how can you tell a mod on the request thread that you have the medal, im not sure I know of a time online counter which if there isnt I like the sound of.

You can see stats on your/others profile page. Or if you hover your cursor over a members username you will see some brief stats.