Treyarch Changing Things Last Minute

I've finally come to the conclusion that Treyarch changes a lot of details last minute.

"Well duh!"

Yea yea, I know.  Of course they make changes late in the process.  But I'm talking major changes.  There are some major issues I have with the comic book pages in Black Ops 2.

green_run_loading_screen_by_lordpataknig

First is TranZit.  Why the heck does TranZit not having a comic book loading screen?  It makes no sense.  Especially because they immediately go right back to it in Die Rise and have one for NTZ.

44509ba04308488b0115fad8fd1b0724.png

Nuketown Zombies is the first comic book page of Black Ops 2.  

1024px-Die_Rise_Loading_Screen.jpg

The next page is Die Rise.  We can see the Nuketown Zombies loading screen in the upper left hand corner, which is strange because you'd think that's where TranZit's loading screen should be.  But it's not a comic.  Also, what is the picture inserted on the left hand side?  Is that supposed to denote TranZit?

Buried_loading_screen_BOII.png

Now this is the one that is SUPER frustrating and why I think they make last minute changes a lot.  The entire left side of the page is wrong.  There should be a rip that fits the other part of the man's face that we can see in Die Rise's loading screen.  Also, the wheel-like thing in the bottom right of Die Rise's loading screen doesn't match the one in the bottom right of this loading screen.  It's completely messed up.

Now, I'm going to do something I don't do very often and post a "leaked"/"fake" image that was released a little before DLC 3 for BO2.  This was before Buried had even been shown.

maxresdefault.jpg

What's interesting about this is that everything matches up perfect.  You've got the man's face, another picture on the side, just like in Die Rise, and the wheel-like thing looks perfect to what we see in Die Rise.  "But Fated, it's a fake picture."  Is it?  Look in the bottom left panel.  I see a big man's arm (Hello Sloth) and a giant house.  Those are both in Buried.  This image was "leaked" before Buried was even announced.  No one had seen Buried yet.  And somehow, someone gets that right?  

"So what are you saying?"

I'm saying that this is no fake.  This is real and it was "leaked" out early somehow onto the internet.  Between the time it was leaked and the release of DLC 3, Treyarch decided to change the name and the comic book page for Buried.  But why would they do this?  That's what I want to know.  I don't get it.  This is the comic book page after Die Rise, not the Buried one.  But Buried is what will be canon, even though it makes absolutely zero sense and doesn't fit in the comic book at all.  

IN FACT, I can see what they did!  They deleted the comic book that they had made for Buried and took images from the cutscene at the beginning of the game!  That's got to be what happened.  The real question becomes "Why?"  

That my friends, I don't have an answer for.  But I wish Treyarch would stop changing things last minute like this.  It really frustrates me to see this happen.  Myself and others really like when things flow in a storyline, and when you have loading screens that are supposed to be in a story format, but they don't line up at all, it's really annoying and unprofessional.  

What does everyone else think?  Is my presumption right or am I just falling for a good fake?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After posting this and looking at it, I believe that the picture on the left hand side on the Die Rise loading screen is in fact the tree planter on the bus station in the TranZit loading screen.  It seems that it is supposed to be a shoutout to TranZit's location being in between those.

Motd, Buried and origins were already in the process of being made when the "Leaked " page was made for DLC 2 not DLC3. At the time the Leaked page was made Not many people knew Motd was going to be the next map. i remember since I usually looked up leaked DLC 2 images from google.  Although you are right about one thing. Treyarch did have to change things about some of the maps due to information getting out in order to cover their tracks. Some of these changes fucked up the storyline. 

I can't say that I see a giant's arm or a big house in the leaked image. Secondly, I'm assuming the postcard on the left side of the leaked image is meant to be the Tranzit postcard that is behind the Die Rise page, but it's clearly not. And lastly, I think the white border between frames in the leaked image makes it pretty obvious it's a fake.

Sorry Fated, but that "leaked" image is 100% fake to me.

The fact that they mispelled Die Kamer - The Chamber is a dead giveaway.

It's Die Kammer. Not Der Kammer. 

Should I bring to your attention Der Riese/Der Reise.  Both were used by Treyarch in advertising.  I don't think they fully understand German.  Also, remember that this is "leaked."  A mistype would be fixed before it would be launched.

Yes. But in those cases, it's only ever been one letter that they mispelled. (Like Richtofen = Richtofan in Kino)

That can happen to any company. 

Still though: let's say it's real. And it got leaked.

Why would they change it around? It's not like the image reveals much anyway.

Seems a little overkill to throw the whole loading screen away and start over just because some guy leaked it with his iPotato

It would be much more sensical (to me anyway) that, like you said: they would fix the spelling error and release it.

I agree with slade here. Why would they change something so insignificant as this loading screen? I mean I understand why they made it 3 giants but changing a loading screen seems too small. Also the light blue part matches horribly. The ripped area looks too dark as compared to everything else. As if the artist didn't know what to put there so they just made it in the shape of the rip and left that part in.

Yeah the fake image is fake. If you look at the wheel part from Buried, how we see it on Die Rise's is dark, yet everything else a lighter (pretty big mistake by the artist honestly). It seems actually pretty simple to recreate that. Just flip the right side of Die Rise, so it looks like the left on that fake page.
Though I do agree, Buried's is stuffed up. The tear not appearing I could possibly forgive, but the wheel position and all that changing is just weird. I'd say there's a story reason behind it, but I'm being hopeful.

I'm not sure why TranZit/Green Run didn't have a comic book page, as it would be between Nuketown and Die Rise, but I don't think there is anything wrong with that. On Nuketown's comic, that's Bus Depot's postcard but upside down, clean and without any orange filter. I like to think that it supports the idea that Green Run was an attraction of sorts, and each location had a postcard that basically advertises the place.

In all fairness, I can see the image being fake and real at the same time.

Let's say it's real:

As Fated pointed out, to many things from Buried is there. Like the house and the giant hole which some light comes through, That alone is enough to make me believe it's real.

In the final version, the real screen is lacking the cutout on the left hand side. Why? No one knows.

Now, on the other hand, we don't know what Buried's beta name was. It could've been Der Krammer. Just look at Moon, that's named Paris!

Hell, everything about Buried could've been a lot different.

Being realistic, say Buried was called Der Krammer. That hints at Buried being in Germany. That raises the question, when did Germany have a wild west town?  Granted, the plate shifting may have had something to do with it, but it'd be really unfitting.

Also, for all we know, Treyarch may have used that screen as a placeholder and swapped it out towards the end, which if this screen is true, would kinda explain the lack of the cutout.

Note: I'm not saying it's real, not saying it's fake. But let's assume it is real, using my points above.

I've looked up this loading screen in greater detail and here's more reasons why it's fake:

- This was supposed to be a "leaked" loading screen for the zombies map included in Map Pack 2. (Mob of the Dead) not buried as you claim.

- The background music doesn't match Mob's or Buried's at all. 

- Even if this was real, it just brings more questions as to why the major tear wasn't included in the "final" page, but was in the placeholder/leaked one.

- Bridging the Gap? The Henge? The Chamber? It doesn't even fit in with Buried at all.

Add this to the several other reasons mentioned above and we can conclude that it's indeed a fake.

I must say I agree with the fake perspective. Even just skimming it it looks fake. I don't see a house where you say there is one, I see some kind of device with red on it. I don't see a human arm, I see a zombie arm. And what about the fact that that picture in the top right looks exactly, down to the point like the hole where you find the purple rock on TranZit, but only with the background changed? Also, the so called "hint to Origins"? Looks like a postcard with a map on it. The postcard would be visible form Die Rise if it was real.

• Administrators

Sorry mate, but the leak was nothing more than a fake. I remember exactly when this was released specifically on CoDz, and someone proved that one of the panel images originates from a totally different video game, the exact image and shabang. Twas a perfect replica. 

Edit: Posted this a long time ago:

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/153143-bridging-the-gap/?p=1418171

In the coding the maps that were found before Die Rise came out were: ZM_Transit, ZM_Highrise, ZM_Prison or it might have been something else but it was definitely to do with what we know as MOTD, ZM_Buried and finally ZM_Tomb which all happened. Also didn't Hex Zombies make Der Kammer. Finally I would to add that maybe we are all looking at it wrong and that their is an adventure between Die Rise and Buried which gives us two places to go: The place after Die Rise and the place with a 935 Blueprint and the date 1915 on it. :)

Sorry mate, but the leak was nothing more than a fake. I remember exactly when this was released specifically on CoDz, and someone proved that one of the panel images originates from a totally different video game, the exact image and shabang. Twas a perfect replica. 

Edit: Posted this a long time ago:

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/153143-bridging-the-gap/?p=1418171

I can't view the link. Says I do not have permission.

And sign me up for 'looks real' camp. Either that or fakers are beginning to be very, VERY talented.

• 3 months later...

One thing I will say on the subject.

In black ops, every page tear was a major teaser. From CotD you could clearly see lush vegetation and maybe some gold bricks. You could pretty easily deduce that the next map would be a temple / jungle setting. But look at the tear on the die rise page. It's a wheel like contraption. That gives literally no indication of what the next map might be. And look at Buried's page. The entire right page has pretty mich nothing to do with the map. The left page shows the actual mansion and ghost lady, but the right side is just generic zombies stuff, with that wheel thing in the rubble.

It seems like the image they chose to tease in the die rise tear would be one of actual significance. It does make sense that originally that wheel was significant in buried and would have made sense on the loading screen in context, but since it got leaked they just completely reworked the page and threw the wheel in there willy nilly in a way that isn't actually significant just so that it would match.

EJ, you're giving Treyarch too much credit.

There's no logic in changing up a loading screen image or any game asset because it got "leaked".

Only if it was some crazy major spoiler and fans were going crazy about it, they would consider putting some manpower into changing it up.

The leaked image is obviously fake by the way.

Who's to say this "postcard" was not part of a comic/magazine? It's creased in the center, and enough dirt to cover any staple marks.

As an advertisement of course, things like this will never come to light though, which is fine because it lets us come back to it over and over with (hopefully) new ideas and theories, much like the grain effect that was put on Ascension's picture when you are picking a stage, we'll just never know.

Tranzit was a postcard. They did it on purpose from a while back, you could see in the building up days a picture of a large board with a sheet over it way back before release. They had it on their website. Why exactly they did this I don't understand. Maybe all the maps were intended to be post cards at the time of release, and nuketown had a comic as an homage to bo1, as it is taking place at the time of it technically. But due to the negative reactions to transhit, they went back to the old screen formula to make people happy. The way I see it, the comic is a pretty large thing. With shi no and der riese being the first 2 official "pages" and the layout of verruckt on a paper slipped in the front. Kino and all the others are on pages, and five is an old photograph in between kino and ascension. 

Tranzit is a postcard for an unknown reason, and nuketown and moon are on either side of eachother, with ads in the middle(see moon). As it is a comic. Then die rise and buried, then stuffed in the back, the mysterious blue prints seen in origins. 

It's a rough idea but you get the picture. (sorry for rambling) 

The point I was trying to make is, I think nuketown was supposed to be the final page. they clearly showed of a back cover, and ads are 90% in the back of comics. 

They were transitioning to postcards, but switched back for nostalgia. But I can agree with you on buried. There are some huge holes in the story, and the wheel did not look anything like that on buried. But on the "leaked" image it looks just like it does on die rise. Things like the giant and the mansion where added pretty late on, developmentally speaking. And contrary to popular belief, The original zombies team had a huge hand in origins, so they were likely too busy with that to care much about buried. 

• Administrators

If there's one thing I cannot stand, it's inconsistencies. Especially when people want to ride on those inconsistencies and claim them as true. Even after this was debunked, people are still trying to pursue it.

2i11rau.jpg

First off, the color correction is wrong. I don't care if you try to say "well they took it with a piss-poor quality camera", anyone who is not color-blind can tell they are not even remotely close to the same shade. 

Die Rise shows darkness above the wheel. In the fake, suddenly a rock appears? No, it doesn't happen.

Look at the height of space between the wheel and the border of the box. In Die Rise, it is about half the height of the entire lower box. In the fake, it's over 2/3 of the space. Are you trying to say that they decided to increase the height of said boxes for no reason? No.

Some rocks are shown along with the rest of the wheel's part. The fake shows a very, very dark shadow as if it never existed. Why would it be omitted if it was the actual concept? The answer: because the fake is fake.

You need a good eye to see what looks like a rock in Die Rise's loading screen. In the fake, that too is gone; darkened mysteriously as if it didn't fit. That's because the fake does not fit at all.

Now I will go on to admit that Treyarch dramatically changed up the loading screen for Buried.

Buried_loading_screen_BOII.png

Now the reason why this is acceptable is because of one thing: it is the official Buried loading screen made by Treyarch, implemented by Treyarch, approved by Treyarch. Yes, that means everything I pointed out in Die Rise to the fake is also arguable in this image. But because this is actually in the game, I can say that 3arc did change this one up. To assume, however, that the fake was an original concept is completely bogus. Everyone loves creating fake loading screens prior to the release of a new map, and I will also admit that they get better and more professional everytime. But this so-called "leaked image" is nothing but false. And anyone who tries to attempt to say other is basically blind, I'm afraid. Because there really is a second bus route in Tranzit, right?