** Important ** Signatures and Side Profile Information

• Tech Admin

We have had our monthly staff meeting and as a result of this meeting the signature areas will be reduced, you will have 48 hours to reduce the size of signatures.

We will be limit the signatures to 10 lines (from the 25 lines currently) this will need to incorporate any images and text that you have, so if you want to create a spoiler and put your images and such like within the spoiler (like my sig) then please do so.

This change will come into effect on Saturday 7th June 2014

User profile information (next to the posts) - this will also be condensed, the custome fields for highs and so forth will be removed and moved to profile page, this will be changing with immediate effect (tomorrow after I've had a sleep).

We have also moved the CoDz awards to underneath the signature field, effective immediately and will show 10 medals at a time.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tech Admin

I believe it's about 15 pixels per line, so x that by 10 and you have the max height of an image (not affected if it's within a spoiler though) - I think we are going with a max image height of 240 to 300 pixel height. Will need to double check how this is going to look and what impact it has etc.

• Tech Admin

Signature change now effective, maximum image size 300x300 and max amount of lines with a signature now set at 10 lines. (we are reviewing the width to potentially increased this to full width 1143px)

If you notice that your signature is broken, you will need to go to edit profile and select signatures.

• Moderators

Signature change now effective, maximum image size 300x300 and max amount of lines with a signature now set at 10 lines. (we are reviewing the width to potentially increased this to full width 1143px)

Why exactly did you guys make this change?

I personally never had a problem with any of the signatures apart from gifs and that one time EJ had this huge Portal signature.

I don't like it. : (

• Administrators

I personally never had a problem with any of the signatures apart from gifs and that one time EJ had this huge Portal signature.

We're trying to make each person's post easier to maintain in terms of size. While most of our regulars generally don't have a problem with that, there needs to be certain limits on size. It's not like content is being restricted; just the size to prevent extremely large posts because people cram everything into their signatures. Hope you understand. :)

• Moderators

We're trying to make each person's post easier to maintain in terms of size. While most of our regulars generally don't have a problem with that, there needs to be certain limits on size. It's not like content is being restricted; just the size to prevent extremely large posts because people cram everything into their signatures. Hope you understand. :)

But even the KH signature on it's own is too big with the new limit and I love it too much to let it go.

Infest, I don't know what to do. :* (

I guess I will keep it the (broken) way it is. 

But even the KH signature on it's own is too big with the new limit and I love it too much to let it go.

Don't worry Lenne, our main point of concern is the heigth of the signatures. Since some are really, really huge and this can become frustrating when someone posts a single sentence and their signature is about three times as big as the total post area (heigth-wise).

So we're still undecided on the best option there.

But since you're KH signature is only exceeding the current width limit (which, like Hells said, will most likely be increased) I'm sure yours will be fine.

Sorry for the inconvenience with your broken signature while we're still deciding on the final limits.

I know i'm late to this party, but I really feel like this change was unnecessary and micromanage-y.  In forums, the signature is a place to express your personality in a fun way.  same with the avatar.  Only way I can support this change is if it is being done to reduce data usage and thus cost less to run the forum and decrease the necessity for donations.  Otherwise it seems pointless.    I know the decision is already made and its too late to discuss, but wanted to at least let my voice be heard on it.