Zombification/Prestige - Give Us Your Opinions

GRILL

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey CoDzsters, GRILL here.

You may have noticed those little stars underneath your title.  They are a form of "prestige", if you will, and it based on your post count.  There is an image below if you don't know what I am talking about.

attachicon.gifstars.png

We thought it would be fitting to refer to it as "Zombification".  We'd like your help in deciding what image/icon will replace the stars, and what the different "tiers" of Zombification will be.

When Craig brought "Brains" back, we took it to the community to help decide what image should represent "Brains".  We arrived at Maxis Drone brains, both fitting and current.  We'd like to come to some sort of consensus, please provide images if you can, and obviously zombie related.  What do you think we should replace the stars with?

Next are the tiers of Zombification.  Here is what we liked, after throwing the idea around (the included post count is just a placeholder, let us know what you think the tier should require in post count.)  Also, MMX (or anyone), if you are reading this - let us know if the names are indeed the appropriate names, and not nicknames (with the exception of "Zombie God", which is just made up):

Human (01-100 posts)

Crawler (100 - 250 posts)

Nova-6 Zombie (250 - 500 posts)

Hellhound (500 - 750 posts)

Undead Sprinter (750 - 1000 posts)

Napalm Zombie (1000 - 1500 posts)

Zombie Cosmonaut (1500 - 2000 posts)

Panzer Soldat (2000 - 3000 posts)

Agarthan Zombie (3000 - 4000)

Zombie God (4000+)

Any idea is a good idea.  Let's hear 'em  :D

On the other forum i post on mainly, the highest ranking actually is a custom rank.  I think this would be a cool option, so maybe after Zombie God, when you hit 5000 posts you make custom rank, then you get to pick what name you'd like to appear.  Worked really well on that forum, and was a cool goal to attain

• Moderators

On the other forum i post on mainly, the highest ranking actually is a custom rank.  I think this would be a cool option, so maybe after Zombie God, when you hit 5000 posts you make custom rank, then you get to pick what name you'd like to appear.  Worked really well on that forum, and was a cool goal to attain

This sounds like a cool idea! 

I honestly think it looks too cluttered that way...

My idea would be to leave it the way it is, but replace the stars with perk bottles and as a new rank is achieved, the perk bottles change. I suppose a zombie rank could also be given, but to have a large image right below your avatar makes it look cluttered. 

i.e. Low ranks maybe have just 3 little QR perk bottles, but once you get enough posts, you'll see like 5 DT1 perk bottles and you could have a new title as Nova 6 or whatever. I think it looks better illustrating your level of achievement with more stars/perks instead of just getting a new rank image. This would make it seem like more of a progression.

Eh, brains are so subjective though, we don't want it to turn into a brainsing popularity contest to see who can get the best title. Posting encourages involvement, rather then reward. I kind of think we should just stick to post count and according titles, but that's just my opinion.

• Tech Admin

Changing the brains system to images is a challenge in itself, not impossible but a challenge. I for one don't want to change it from the numerical system in place, makes it a nightmare for any future upgrades to the forum software. Each modification is seperate to the code forum software but modifying the core software is fine but can be a nightmare further down the line.

Edit: I should mention, that a few core edits do exist but nothing major and nothing that will "break" the forum software.

Edited by Hells Warrrior
edited to clarify code forum software edits.

I really like Eternal's idea about using perk bottles instead of stars. Sounds like it could be pretty badass. The way I see it it would be like

1 star = QR bottle

5 stars = QR, Speed, DT, Jugg and Flopper bottles

10 stars = All perk bottles

We could even use the perk symbols instead of perk bottles. There are twelve perks total, so we would have enough to cover them all. Just not sure if we'd be able to put a bunch of different images for each rank.

Man, there's so many great ideas going around here! We should definitely get a poll going once we figure out what's possible.

Either way, anything's better than those damn stars lol. What is this Modern Warfare?! Hahaha

That could be mixed with the zombie title if we can control how many posts = how many stars (perk bottles), so you have a level within a level, so to speak. 

So if it's...

Human 0-100 Posts Then you could acquire a perk bottle for every 10 posts.

Then Crawler 100-250 Posts you acquire a perk bottle every 15 posts. So on and so forth.

Is it possible to do it that way and specify at how many posts a star(perk) is added?

Looks good MMX, but I don't think the interactive title things is going to work anymore. But it's a good list, somehow I completely forgot Denizens in mine haha.

I'm going to rework mine and post it again for amendments. I like the perks replacing the stars, and I'm fine with either way (just having one perk repeated, or having a new perk gained every rank).

With that said, are we doing 12 (all perks), 13 (the extra Double Tap) or 14 (Der Wunderfizz). If we do 14, Der Wunderfizz could be the last rank and represent the custom titles that were suggested earlier (being a question mark and all).

Hmm I really like all perks though haha :P

I'll put all 13 in order (DT1 & 2 would rank differently, can't make them one). Everyone should make a list as well, and I guess the ranks can be more easily made than.

Rank 1 - Tombstone

Rank 2 - Double Tap 1

Rank 3 - Deadshot

Rank 4 - Who's Who

Rank 5 - Mule Kick

Rank 6 - Stamin-Up

Rank 7 - Vulture Aid

Rank 8 - Quick Revive

Rank 9 - Electric Cherry

Rank 10 - Speed Cola

Rank 11 - PhD Flopper

Rank 12 - Double Tap 2

Rank 13 - Juggernog

And Der Wunderfizz should be last if we're including it.

Anyway my list was kinda based off general usage and popularity. I'm fine with the last 3 and first 3, but the middle I had a lot of trouble. I'm guessing this is the basic general order though.

• Tech Admin

Well, I think perk bottles personally, didn't think of that and a popular part of the game mode and not incorporated anywhere. I think we'll have a lot of discussion on the right order but I really do think we should use them. However, here's the thing, the maximum you can obtain within a game is 9 perks. So should we go past 9 perks or should we use them all?

I have a feeling bottles might be too small to look right, but whether symbols or bottles. I think we need to know how many we can use? There's 10 stars, so I can imagine 10 bottles replacing those. If we use more perks, we'd have to make the individual images smaller, right? Maybe too small to use every perk.  :mellow:

At this point we'll have to just try a few and see what looks best, I guess.

• Tech Admin

The size of the perk bottles doesn't overly concern me, if we need to move them down a row then so be it, but I reckon we could get 6 or 8 fairly size bottles per row.

Anyone got any perk bottles and I'll do a little test, png preferable. If we have some perk shields that would be great as well, better having a few to test than none at all ;) Regarding tallies, anyone got any tallies we could use to test?

These are just a few that I have access to right now, when I get home I'll render just the perk bottles. You'll have to cut them out & reupload them for the moment sorry. I can email you the full HD image of just the perk bottles later if you want to play around with resizing

chalkmarks_1_zps167dba9a.png

chalkmarks_2_zps248d8891.png

chalkmarks_3_zpsecabcc9e.png

chalkmarks_4_zps6c95e857.png

chalkmarks_5_zpsd30326d8.png

TombstoneSoda_zpsa72cd4e7.png

SpeedColaSoda_zps6e352865.png

DoubleTapRootBeerII_zps51da20d0.png

QuickReviveSoda_zpsaa1f42a7.png

Jugger-NogSoda_zpsdcb6acf5.png