MOTD Help.

Mr. Jay

Welcome back y'all.

Been playing MOTD exclusively and need some critique. All comments are appreciated. All advices are welcomed.

MOTD unlike many zombie maps are preparation heavy. There is so much to do and so much to plan.

Round one-

Zap 2x and kill 5. Goal is to accumulate 2000+. Open door to shower and grab master key, as well as 2x. Restart if key not by MP5. What I have been trying is in the same afterlife go down into shower and zap laundromat without opening the door. Can anyone verify if this is possible?

Activate the extra 20 zombies and round them up. Lead them upstairs by the 2x. Due to the nature of perk drop, you'll like get 2-3 perks before the round is over. A nuke at the wrong time will drive you insane. I kill the first few using MP5 to completely avoid the heartbreak, then knife the rest after seeing the first two drops. I leave 6 untouched, and should have 4000+ points. I carefully kill the last 6 one by one slowly to feed the first dog by B23R.

Round 2-

I go up to the infirmary, and feed the second dog the same way; one by one and slowly. The last zombie I leave untouched. I open the door to the gondola from the infirmary for a 1000.(this way to save a 1000 and an afterlife.) In one afterlife, I open the door to the plane, and haul ass to get the gondola. I kill the last zombie by the third dog without jug even though I have about 3000.

Round 3-

After I feed the last dog, I open the door to the generator room. On one afterlife, shock three generators plus jug and the plane part by the dock. Get jug and open door to the tunnel.

Round 4-

Stay alive and maximize points. Before the round is complete I activate the key code and double tap with one afterlife.

Round 5-

Stay alive and maximize points. Before round is over I open the door to warden's office and activate speed cola. Off to the bridge I go.

Theoretically I spend the next two rounds killing zombies with the hells retriever. Somehow, I have never been successful on the first try. I get back to the cells, shoot into lava pit, it returns my tomahawk. I go back to the bridge, kill some more with it, and always get it on my 2nd return to the cell.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for reading.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you'll hear a notification sound (it's hard to explain but if you listen, you'll hear it) when you've achieved the 1st set of kills, then the 2nd set.

You see you need to first get some x number of kills ANYWHERE with the retriever. Then you need to survive one whole round on the bridge.

If you do this too early, it could turn out that the number of zombies on the first round on the bridge isn't sufficient to meet the "x" kills requirement. Then on round 2 on the bridge you might pass the first step, but you still need to survive a whole round. Basically don't leave until you've heard the notification sound at the end of the round.

Even then, I've had it where I've never gotten the 2nd notification until I left the bridge and come back. It could be a minimum round requirement for all I know.

Maybe you're not getting enough kills with the retriever prior to going to the bridge. That was a step I was completely unaware of until recently. Just by coincidence I had gotten enough kills most games.

I'm pretty sure you can get those kills on the bridge as well, but in early rounds this can make the time needed on the bridge exceed 3 or 4 rounds.

Sometimes it doesn't properly register that you're on the bridge either if you got the required kills for step one while already on the bridge.

Perhaps personal preference, but I prefer mine over BSzombie's set up. Thank you anyways.

Now how many kills are required before going to the bridge? Can anyone go into depth?

Also, has anyone successfully zap the door to shower, zap the key, and zap the laundry in the same afterlife?

Setups are usually personal things anyways, mine was basically a skeleton for anyone new to the map to get used to.

But no its impossible to power the laundry room without first opening up the door.

And you can get the reedemer on round 12.

Get the retriever on round 3-9. Preferably by round 8. You need a certain amount of kills. Lets call this amount of kills X. The X kills can be obtained anywhere on the map. You will know when the X kills are over when you hear the first notification sound. After that you have to go a full round on the gg bridge. Lets call that round the GG round. The GG round can not occur before round 10. You can go do retriever only for five straight round, 4-9 and you will not hear the sound notifying that you completed the step. On round ten you can complete the GG round. At the end of the GG round you will hear the second notification sound. You will then go ahead and leave the bridge and then throw the retriever into the pit. Then on the next round get the redeemer while in afterlife. So because f that the earliest you can get the redeemer is round 12. (Round 1-9, getting retriever and getting the X kills, round 10 getting the GG round, round 11 throwing the retriever, round 12 getting the redeemer)

So when the map first came out, I had the same problem, I was doing everything right, but sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. DBZ said it bang on with the rounds, you cannot get it without getting past round 10.

The other thing that I now do, thanks to a friends recommendation, is throw the tomahawk in from the opposite side to which you normally do, but still aiming at the same spot.

I don't know why it works, but I've had it work for me for a long time now, whereas when it first came out, maybe out of every 5 games I'd get the redeemer once.

But, before leaving, you have to kill 10 zombies, and on the bridge, it's at least 30, but you also have to finish the round.

The sound it makes when you've done the step is the same as when you first go into afterlife.

I always get kills with the Tomahawk as soon as I get it on the island. Usually takes me 1-2 rounds until I hear the first sound. Then I don't think about going to the bridge until after 10. Take note of how many kills you have when you first get to the bridge, as you approach 30 kills ~20-25, start listening closely every time you make a Tomahawk kill and you'll catch the audio byte. I usually kill off all but one more Z on the bridge at that point before heading back, for good measure, and for easier navigation once back on the island.

These guys are all pretty correct. Need to be past round 10 for the second noise and on the bridge. Also, I believe firing normal rounds resets the bridge part, wherein if someone were to fire on the bridge, they will NOT hear the second sound until they leave and come back to the bridge.

I'm pretty sure you can get those kills on the bridge as well, but in early rounds this can make the time needed on the bridge exceed 3 or 4 rounds.

Sometimes it doesn't properly register that you're on the bridge either if you got the required kills for step one while already on the bridge.

this

basically it doesn't matter where you get the initial kills, as long as you complete them, then after that you have to do the entire round on the bridge with only tomahawk.  once the round is complete then you will hear the second notification

Thanks for all the tips. Did the proposed round 11 return and got it by 12.

But now I have new issues.

1. That blue skull by jug is near impossible, any good tips on obtaining it?

2. Hate that Brutus. Good tips on how to kill it?

Two redeemers will do the trick but he often spawns late and I always kill the last zombie trying to settle Brutus. It create problems when I'm trying to hit the box and do things.

Thanks.

Two ways with Brutus, headshots headshots headshots. And the second is don't turn the sweeper into the vitriolic withering. One close range hip fire shot aimed at a Brutus' head will kill him.

As for the skull by jug, either get it going back up on gondola, or jump by jug, but with a light weapon, smg or a pistol.

I find that jumping at jug is much easier, it's to hard to time the throw on the gondola. I seem to get lucky jumping to get it as I usually get it first try

That blue skull by jug is near impossible, any good tips on obtaining it?

If you stand in the corner directly below the light that the skull is on (to the left of the window opposite Jug), and have the cross hair situated around the middle of the lamp pole, then cook the redeemer and then jump and release it, you will get the skull easily.

Brutus can be wiped out with a Raygun in seconds, so you may want to run the map with a Raygun and Vitriolic.

Brutus is not hard to take down, just hard to take down while trying not to harm others..

Still having issues getting the blue skull by jug.  Tried both taking the gondola and testing my luck from jug.  From the jug side I tried jump, swerve, kneel, snake, hop, bending over, flip, carwheel, prone, doggy, missionary, 69....and still no luck.  Get the other four with ease but this is rediculous!!!!

Thanks for all the help guys.

Just a thought for you to consider, but I tried a lot of ways to start MotD while I was going for my 100. In the end I settled with never opening the laundry door from the MP5 - this makes it easier to train the cafeteria area in Solo. From there I took a more slow approach to setting up and stopped stressing getting all those kills from the laundry on Round 1. After I figured that out and made sure to always use the gondola to get Jug after I died, the map became so much easier and I was able to reach my goal.

Just something to consider. Try it sometime, you might like it.

I have thought about doing that. If you leave the door to MP5 closed, do zombies only spawn fro. cafe? Perhaps only a few stragglers?

Cafe, outside it, and once in a while from down the hallway towards the warden's office. If you open the door to the infirmary from the cafe then they spawn up there as well... though I recommend leaving this closed too. If you leave the door to the laundry and the door to the infirmary closed then almost all the zombies spawn from inside the cafe and right outside it, which means you can gather hordes faster and you have less chance of being cut off by a straggler from one of the above locations.

• Tech Admin

Two ways with Brutus, headshots headshots headshots. And the second is don't turn the sweeper into the vitriolic withering. One close range hip fire shot aimed at a Brutus' head will kill him.

As for the skull by jug, either get it going back up on gondola, or jump by jug, but with a light weapon, smg or a pistol.

Yes, you don't need to jump and you don't need to be on the gondola. Go into the corner beside jug and underneath the lampost, (not right into the corner). Look right up into the light and aim just slightly above it, throw that tomahawk, skull everytime.