Zombie Urban Myths

Ok guys we have all heard the many myths about the game. Lets discuss the many we have heard over the years.

Mine has to be in the WAW days people use to say in der reise the wall in the alley opened up after round 60 and the game ended. Not the best one Ive heard but to be honest drew a blank mid way thur this and was the only one I could remember.

Any other good ones

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I was putting a list together for a thread before the last down time. However I sort of just lost interest when making it. Here's what I got.

You die faster when you crawl.

False, you have 45 seconds regardless if you are moving or not.

You can revive three people at one.

True

Barriers will be rebuilt faster with speed cola.

False

The player who is Sarah Michelle Gellar has less health.

False. You sexist.

If you are Misty and spend X amount of time in buried house you will wear the ghosts dress.

False.

If a gun is pack-a-punched more than once it will provide additional ammo.

False the only possibility is to add or remove attachments; excluding the grenade launcher attachment.

Shoot the Mystery Box to roll the Ray Gun.

Buy the Box when the question marks turn gold for Ray Gun.

Just no

Players can pack-a-punch melees weapons and make them more powerful.

False this was a glitch and adds no additional damage to the weapons.

With PHD Flopper the player will not die when the lunar lander lands on them.

False you're dead.

Gersch Devices don't kill monkeys.

True they just teleport them.

The Giant in Buried can be killed.

False

The Type 99 can be obtained in Der Riese.

False x99

If you use an upgraded gun to hit all the bike parts, Marlton will come out of the Fallout shelter.

False

Diving on top of another player (and killing yourself) will increase chances of drops.

False I can't believe you tried that. This feature was added in to deter players who attempted to glitch.

Bus/Tank/Plane Route B.

False…

Killing the Pig in Five spawns more zombies.

False

Throwing all three monkey bombs outside of the map guarantees a max ammo in the next round.

False

The Pentagon Thief can't steal your weapon if you have a grenade cooking.

False

Placing a wind turbine in the bus increases speed.

False

Jumping up and Down on the Die Rise Elevators makes them go faster.

False

Upgraded Ray Gun deals higher damage.

False the upgrade only increases your ammo capacity.

Zombie Hitler will spawn when you hit round 100 on Nacht Der Untoten.

False

PHD Flopper can be obtained from the elevator on Die Rise.

NOOOO

The blundergat can be placed on the acid gat table and saved for later.

False the gun will disappear at the start of a new round.

Yeah thats escalated quick.

Two that Ive never been able to prove or dis prove.

Throwing a monkey in the furnace on der reise results in more drops.

Honestly Ive never noticed anything different but people still swear by it.

Diving onto a teammate on black ops and hearing the laugh will also create more drops.

Now this one I sort of believe. Its always felt like we did get more drops. I was probably high so no way to know for sure. Updated.. Damit thats was a lot. You had this one already.

• Administrators

To use your words, Boom:

False, while the upgraded Ray Gun deals the same exact damage in the immediate impact (i.e. one zombie), the damage given off by the splash radius (surrounding zombies) is doubled.

Curse you MMX! (shakes fist) Interesting though, I would like to see this first hand. Let's do some Black Ops 1 gun tests sometime soon. ;)

Holy crap this guy is too good. But he did steal your thunder, kill him.

In all seriousness I swear speed cola helps rebuilding....

I am pretty certain that it increases the speed of the animation, but i haven't really seen any solid evidence that the time elapsed between begin building and building complete is any shorter with SC

I was putting a list together for a thread before the last down time. However I sort of just lost interest when making it. Here's what I got.

You die faster when you crawl.

False, you have 45 seconds regardless if you are moving or not.

Barriers will be rebuilt faster with speed cola.

False

If you are Misty and spend X amount of time in buried house you will where the ghosts dress.

False.

Shoot the Mystery Box to roll the Ray Gun.

Buy the Box when the question marks turn gold for Ray Gun.

Just no

Players can pack-a-punch melees weapons and make them more powerful.

False this was a glitch and adds no additional damage to the weapons.

The Giant in Buried can be killed.

False

If you use an upgraded gun to hit all the bike parts, Marlton will come out of the Fallout shelter.

False

Diving on top of another player (and killing yourself) will increase chances of drops.

False I can't believe you tried that. This feature was added in to deter players who attempted to glitch.

You die faster when you crawl: Seems logical and makes sense. You're near death. Last bit of energy remaining.  I wish it was real though.

Barriers will be rebuilt faster: I could swear they are. At least in Black Ops 1 they were.

If you are Misty and spend x amount of time in ghost's house you will "where" the ghosts dress: It's wear. Also sounds pretty stupid imo. 

Shoot the Mystery box: Eh, I've heard everything. Spin around, chuck grenades, spend x amount of points. 

Players can PAP melee weapons: Must have gotten confused with Dead Rising, aside from buying individual melee weapons or getting them through a EE, I am unaware of any upgrades. 

The giant can be killed: I could've sworn I have killed him before. Unless Treyarch added a patch so he respawns. Anyway, I managed to kill him by giving him booze near the PAP.  Hilarious. 

Use upgraded gun to hit bike parts: What bike parts? I haven't seen any bike parts on Nuketown. 

Dive on other players: But it's funny to do it to noobs. Or to annoy them. Or both. 

Here's some more I have heard before.

If you are Weasel, you will have less chance of Brutus coming after you.

In Call of the Dead, kill George 3 times to get a drop each round.

In Origins, you can kill the Panzer by having a robot stepping on him.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, some hoaxes are not just hoaxes. They are misunderstandings. Like the Origins Panzer gets killed by Robot one. 

Others seem logical, if they relate to the story, like Brutus leaving Weasel alone, as the MOTD Music VIdeo shows a horde of zombies running past Weasel and going straight for the others and the fact Brutus sides with Weasel at the end of Pop Goes the Weasel.

Some others would've been nice cool additions, but that's wishful thinking, unless you're a great WAW modder. Like the bleeding out quicker for moving. 

Lastly, some are just... what? Like the Misty wearing the ghosts dress. 

I'd like to see some hoaxes become real, or at least referenced, like Rockstar did with all the GTA SA hoaxes in GTA V. (Aliens, Bigfoot.) 

• Administrators

Yeah sorry I didn't proof read it as I never intended on posting the thread. Anyway this is what I'm talking about. It was a glitch where you could place unintended weapons in the PaP when glitching the weapon storage. This was big in the Tranzit days.

I have no idea why but LiamFTWinter reminds me a bit of Ant & Dec. (UK TV presenters) 

Anyway, he does make a good point about PAP'ing the grenades and galvas in the beta. It's a shame, but would probably to way to OP'd.

Imagine PAP'ing the Golden Spork. 1 hit knives until round 72. 8) 

Anyway, here's some more hoaxes.

TranZit:

EMP'ing the bus driver will kill him

Status: False, it will only stop him temporary. You can easily use the turbine to bring him back to life.

In town, it's possible to open PAP without using the turbine.

Status: False, it will only open if someone is at the power plant with a turbine. 

Weapons from Die Rise/Buried can be carried over into TranZit

Status: Somewhat true. Some weapons you put in TranZit will carry over to Buried/Die Rise, BUT they may be different, for example the Remington New Model Army will become a Python on TranZit. A AN-94 will become a Galil. 

Die Rise:

If you do any of the following tasks you will get PHD Flopper.

- Complete the EE

- Knife all Jumping Jacks after obtaining all 6 perks.

- Dive on another player

- Jump specific hight

- Kill yourself

- Use trample steam and jump from xxx to yyy

Mob of the Dead

If you are playing solo, Brutus will spawn less

Like Die Rise, perform a task to get PHD and Mule Kick

Brutus can get killed by a Claymore

Status: False. I have tried this and Claymores only knock his helmet off. Aside from that, no damage.

It's possible for more than 5 Brutus' to spawn at once. (4 on bridge + 1 in the prison) 

Status: A glitch, yes. But by normal means no. (Please see my sources before outing me on this one)

Source: http://youtu.be/FK3IA_b4eO0 (First clip is Multiplayer, 2nd clip is 10 Brutus)

Buried

The ghost will be more likely to go after the player with most money

Status: False. Like zombies, the ghosts will only go after whoever's closest, execpt in the house where each player has a ghost after them.

The giant will attack the ghost

• Administrators

I am pretty certain that it increases the speed of the animation, but i haven't really seen any solid evidence that the time elapsed between begin building and building complete is any shorter with SC

Alright just did the timing on Black Ops 2. I rebuilt the same window four different times. Approximately 6.8 seconds with and without speed cola.

• Administrators

Gracias good sir!.  Did you notice the animation seeming faster at all?  maybe its my mind playing tricks OR maybe its just on WaW or Blops1 lol.

Honestly it's probably just in your head. I was sure in Black Ops 1 that it made the player run faster (prior to Stamin'up).

Hmm.  I've always believed moving did make you die out faster.  Makes sense, as someone stated earlier, about using the last bit of energy.  Also, especially on Kino where I first heard about this, it sure did seem like you died faster when you moved.  

As MMX pointed out (and I gave ya brains for it), the splash damage is increased when it is upgraded.  Still not worth an upgrade until you're empty IMO.

Now to the question of increased drops when dolphin diving onto another player.  Obviously, this could never be proved true or false really.  I've always noticed more drops at the beginning of games when I've done it.  It would make sense that the game notices you've already gone down and gives more drops to help bad players.  But no idea if it is true or not.  Funny to do when people are trolling though.  Another funny thing is that if they don't crawl away from each other, you can revive them and they'll immediately die again because they're on top of each other.

My urban myths....hmmm.  I'll just say Ascension and leave it at that.

Just noticed me and boom are in the same post at the same time. Here is a good one: you only get twenty max ammos per game, so don't pick one up after a dog round bc we need it later.

Where did this 20 Max Ammo limit come from?

If I was good enough to reach a really high round (I.E 70+) then I would take you up on this.

It's obviously not true, but the old days of black ops 1 random games, it seemed like every single game I would get yelled at for picking up power ups in early rounds. Obviously though, the people who subscribed to those rumors, didn't usually have the skill to make it far enough to where it would matter anyway lol

Hmm.  I've always believed moving did make you die out faster.  Makes sense, as someone stated earlier, about using the last bit of energy.  Also, especially on Kino where I first heard about this, it sure did seem like you died faster when you moved.  

As MMX pointed out (and I gave ya brains for it), the splash damage is increased when it is upgraded.  Still not worth an upgrade until you're empty IMO.

Now to the question of increased drops when dolphin diving onto another player.  Obviously, this could never be proved true or false really.  I've always noticed more drops at the beginning of games when I've done it.  It would make sense that the game notices you've already gone down and gives more drops to help bad players.  But no idea if it is true or not.  Funny to do when people are trolling though.  Another funny thing is that if they don't crawl away from each other, you can revive them and they'll immediately die again because they're on top of each other.

My urban myths....hmmm.  I'll just say Ascension and leave it at that.

Thank you. Honestly, I don't think one should ever really upgrade a Wonder Weapon unless it is out of ammo, excepting special circumstances. Wonder Weapons are already really good without the upgrade. Save the upgrade for an ammo refill.