Black Ops 2: User's Guide (Work In Progress)

• Administrators

Black Ops II has officially come to a close and we have covered a lot of ground. As always the Zombies team has kept us in the dark with many of their new additions to the game mode. However we as a community dug deep and uncovered the secrets. I will be covering the raw game play elements added in this season. If you are looking Side Quests, EE, storyline ect., please reference the upcoming CoDZ Library by Pinnaz. So with out further ado, I present to you:

Image2_zps48dfda2e.png

Persistent Upgrades

Overview

Player upgrades that are obtained by completing unique task in the maps following the N4 storyline (Green Run, Die Rise, and Buried). The upgrades can be carried over map to map. However they obtainable in any of the alternate game modes. When the upgrade is achieved a glowing green orb will appear either over the player, over a zombie, or a random location on the map; depending on which upgrade has been earned. Followed by a loud indicator.

Upgrade Earnedsound_zpsfb8235e6.png

greenorb_zpsd02dde7b.png

An indicator can also be heard when the upgrade has been lost.

Lost Upgradesound_zpsfb8235e6.png

*Sound courtesy of Slade

Upgrades

Quick Revive+

quickrevive_zpsb3ecf34e.png-Associated perk

Description: Increased revive rate.

Gain: A certain number of revives must be gained in one game. Like always in zombies randomness is a factor, however the maximum needed is 17. The upgrade will give you the same abilities as Quick Revive without buying the perk. The upgrade can also be stacked with QR to make the players revive speed double. The revive on the screen will appear purple when the upgrade is active.

reviving_zps49a89b0e.png

Loss: If a players revive is interrupted the upgrade will be lost. Or if a teammate continually downs in your vicinity without be revived

Red Insta-Kill

instakill_zps0cab4ed9.png-Associated power-up

Description: Zombies will instantly die just by making contact with the player with red insta-kill upgrade.

Gain: To obtain, the player must not kill any zombies during two insta-kill rounds. The round will last approximately 15 seconds and any Zombies killed during the round will yield 50 points.

redinstakill_zps1a39bbe2.jpg

Loss: If a player is hit by a zombie the upgrade will be lost

Metal Barricades

Carpenter_zpsdf1d77e5.jpg-Associated power-up

Description: Increased barrier strength.

Gain: Repair 250 barriers in the same game.Upgrade the wooden barriers on the windows to steel. The sound of the hammer and nails will be replaced by a screw driver and it will take zombies three times as long to tear them down.

Loss: If there are no barriers repaired in a single round the upgrade will be lost.

Headshot Multiplier

185px-Wd_deadshot_daiquiri_zpsd81432a9.p-Associated perk

Description: Increased headshot damage.

Gain: Headshot more than one zombie with the same bullet.

doublehs_zps7e0f29f4.png

Loss: Kill 25 zombies in a row without making a headshot.

Cash Back

1000_dollar_bill-1995-_zpsf6bfa40c.jpg

Description: Earn 1000 points by going prone in front of perk-a-cola machine after purchase.

Gain: Go prone in front of perk machines for an undetermined about until indicators sound.

cashback_zpsd8b0b00f.png

Loss: Not going prone after purchasing perks.

Juggernog+

juggernog_by_assyrianic-d3i54n0_zpsb4373-Associated perk

Description: Increased health to take four hits. Can also be stacks with jugg to take six hits.

Gain: Down yourself with quick revive on round one. Repeat this step three times.

permajugg_zpsf5417862.png

Loss: Upgrade is automatically lost on round 15.

Half-Off

Firesale-icon_zps66d93556.png-Associated power up

Description:  Everything is half price.

Gain: Do not spend or earn any points during an entire double points. During the 2nd double points all items will be half price.

Loss: Upgrade is automatically lost at the end of the 2nd double points.

Random Box +

teddy_zps877cbf37.png

Description:  Better weapons are rolled in the mystery box.

Gain: Have a run of bad pulls from the box (ex. FAL, War Machine, Bartett). A teddy bear will appear on top of the box and you chances of pulling a better weapon will increase.

mbox1_zps7e82d7a4.png

mbox2_zps7fa27b5c.png

Loss: Upgrade is automatically lost at the start of the tenth round.

Flopper Lite

185px-Wd_phd_flopper_zps0f3d813b.png-Associated perk

Description:  Player will not take splash damage or fall damage as long as they are dolphin Diving. When a player dives to prone from a elevated position an explosion will occur in the radius of the impact point (Buried Only)

Gain: Take fall damage 5-6 times.

Loss: Take fall damage without dolphin diving.

Longshot

longshot2_zps456ee9a5.png

Description:  Earn extra points for sniper kills. Kills- 350 points. Head shots- 400 points

Gain: Achieve ten consecutive head shots from a long distance.

longshot_zpscecb713d.png

Loss: Missing three shots with the sniper.

Tombstone Lite

tombstone_soda_by_assyrianic-d5ma9rb_zps-Associated perk

Description:  Keep all perks but one after going down and being revived. If it is a solo match and have quick revive that will always be taken. If it is Co Op it will be the last perk that was bought/earned.

Gain: Buy for perks before round four.

Loss: Don't buy four perks before round four on the next match.

The Bank

Overview

The bank is a new feature in Black Ops II that allows players to store points. The points can be accessed in any online lobby on Green Run, Die Rise, or Buried maps. The bank has a storage capacity of 250,000 points. However there is a 10% service charge for withdraws. Points can also be shared between players on Buried and Tranzit for a 1000 point fee,

Locations

Green Run

The Tranzit Bank can be found within the vault in the Bank...in town. Blow open the vault door with a frag or other explosive to access the points bank.

TXvault_zps50178d79.png

Deposit/Withdraw:Points can be deposited or withdrawn via the keys inside the vault.

TZdepositwithdraw_zpsfe1f1646.png

Point Sharing: Point can also be shared between players by using the keys found in the banks lobby. The player who would like the share the points must purchase galvaknuckles off the wall in the diner. Once the knuckles have been purchased melee the keys once. You may now select how many points to share. The points will appear as a dollar sign power up on the opposite side of the teller window.

TZSHARE_zps3a7c1fa9.png

Die Rise

Deposit/Withdraw:The bank is located in the showers to the left of the power room door. There is no way to share points between player on this map.

dierise_zps7bc24e6e.png

Buried

Deposit/Withdraw: Once again the bank can be found in the....Bank. Proceed to the open teller station to deposit or withdraw points.

buried2_zps2c7b65de.png

Point Sharing: Using the same method as Tranzit; use the Galvs to melee the keys to share points with friends. The keys are located on the opposite side of the teller station next to the hole in the ground.

Buried1_zps74e0dbb6.png

Weapon Locker

Overview

The weapon locker allows players to store weapons game to game and even across maps (Green Run, Die Rise, Buried). Some weapons are map specific and may be converted to a similar weapon when stored between maps. Also some weapons are unable to be stored.

300px-Fridge_model_BOII_zpsbcee6a83.png

Exclusions

M1911250px-M1911_menu_icon_BOII.pngBallistic KnivesSpring_Knife_Pick-Up_Icon_BOII.png Ray Gun300px-Ray_Gun_Menu_Icon_BOII.png

Ray Gun Mark II 300px-Ray_Gun_Mark_II_menu_icon_BOII.pngThrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23300px-Thrustodyne_Aeronautics_Model_23_M

Sliquifier250px-Sliquifier_Menu_Icon_BOII.pngParalyzer300px-Paralyzer_menu_icon_BOII.png

Cross Map Conversions

baa0f8482ec49f353ceb21a6f369f428_zpsa58e

**Conversion chart provided by callofduty.wiki.com

Locations

Tranzit:

The weapons locker can be located in the farm house where the auto turret is built.

tranz_zps7b5e2ea5.png

Die Rise:

The fridge can be found on the landing following the jump from the broken elevator's hallway.

die_zpsfc5dcab6.png

Buried:

The Ice Chest is located in the general store, next to the bank.

buried_zpsca232306.png

Ranking System

Overview

The zombies rank is based a five tier system as well as a sub rank based on play frequency. While the specifics of the system are unknown to this day. Recent tweets from Jimmy Zielinski state that the downs on lower rounds have a greater negative impact than downs on higher rounds. The developers have eluded to over all game play; however the main drivers have been identified by the community.

i.Kill/Down Ratio

ii.High Rounds

iii.Accuracy

Rank

One of the highest drivers of Rank is k/d. It is also the only recorded stat to most accurately predict rank up. Below are the needed k/d ranges to increase and maintain rank.

Disclaimer: There ARE other factors in play. There is no end all answer at the moment.

Rank I

125px-Zombie_Rank_1_Icon_BOII_zps3eba2b4

Kills/Downs: 0

This is the base rank, basically a place holder for zero stats. This emblem will no longer be seen after  the first game is played assuming one kill is achieved..

Rank II

125px-Zombie_Rank_2_Icon_BOII_zpsa8e7bf5

Kills/Downs: 1-29

Rank III

125px-Zombie_Rank_3_Icon_BOII_zps9a1f800

Kills/Downs: 30-99

Rank IV

125px-Zombie_Rank_5_Icon_BOII_zps7e8b201

Kills/Downs: 100-179

Rank V

125px-Zombie_Rank_7_Icon_BOII_zps0f66180

Kills/Downs: 180-220

Rank V is the maximum rank on Black Ops II.

Tally Marks

The tally marks represent a sub rank that does not reflect in-game stats, but how many consecutive days a player has played. The marks go from zero to five. Five being the maximum is when the emblem earns it's blue eyes.

tally_zps1b0bd6f7.png

Image1_zpsa050d121.png

**All information presented is accurate to the best of my knowledge. If you would like to make any changes, please be able to provide solid evidence.

Incomplete Sections

Buildables

Overview

Buildables are a new addition to Black OPs II which allows players to craft q variety of items to aid their fight against the undead. Various parts can be found across the maps and must be taken to the craft table to construct the items.

Tranzit

Bus

The bus can be upgraded to a rolling fortress by collecting and adding the parts directly to the bus. A craft table is not used to build the bus upgrades. There are three parts that randomly spawn in four different locations. All parts are in rooms that are only accessible by using the wind turbine.

Parts:

I. Plowzom_hud_icon_buildable_item_plow_zps9a8f

II. Ladderzom_hud_icon_buildable_item_bus_ladder_z

III. Hatchzom_hud_icon_buildable_item_hatch_zps59f

i. Hatch can also be used in the diner to gain access to the galvaknuckles

Location One: Bus Depot

The item can be found in the room with the double doors directly next to the buildable table.

Image2_zpsb7e81ba9.png

Location Two: Diner

The item can be found in the shed to the left of the garage.

BusDiner_zpsab328b6a.png

Location Three: Farm

The item can be found in the shed directly in front of the truck on farm.

BusFarm_zpsf962ebac.png

Busfarm2_zpsb2c44a83.png

Location Four: Town

The item can be found in the shed directly in front of the truck on farm.

Bustown_zps499095a7.png

Bustown2_zpsc52e7cb8.png

Turbine

zm_turbine_icon_zpsedb593d9.png

The Turbine is a portable power source that can be used to power perks, open certain doors, open the room to pack-a-punch, and powering traps. All parts can be located in the spawn room.

Parts:

I. Mannequimzom_hud_icon_buildable_item_mannequin_zp

II. Fanzom_hud_icon_buildable_item_fan_zps89e58

III.Tail Finzom_hud_icon_buildable_item_rudder_zpsf8

Location One: Part Spawns against the large map in the center of the room.

1_zpsd537b3a8.png

Location Two: Located on the bench next to the double doors.

2_zps55218437.png

Location Three: Located directly beneath the pay phone.

3_zps4fbd90e2.png

Shield

zm_riotshield_icon_zps80fc3d1a.png

The Zombie Shield can be used as a "one hitter" melee weapon until round twenty. The Shield can also be used to protect the players back when it is not equipped. Build can be crafted on the table located in the garage.

Parts:

I. Car Doorzom_hud_icon_buildable_item_cardoortif_z

II. Dollyzom_hud_icon_buildable_item_dolly_zps9e1

Location One: The car door has three possible spawn locations in the garage.

• On the floor near the door
  • In the car on the hydrolic lift
  • In the small room in the back across from the window.

dddddd_zpsa577f561.png

Location Two: The car door has two possible spawn locations in the diner.

• Behind the counter.
  • Next to a booth on the right side of the diner.

fsdfsdf_zpsc6f4fd13.png

Turret

zm_turret_icon_zps16f26d3a.png

A portable turret that can be placed anywhere on the map. The turret deals damage to players and is only usable in combination with the turbine. All parts can be located on the farm.

Parts:

I. RPDzom_hud_icon_buildable_item_turrethead_z

II. Lawn Mowerzom_hud_icon_buildable_item_lawnmower_zp

III. Ammo Boxzom_hud_icon_buildable_item_ammobox_zps8

Location One: The Lawn Mower is located next to the shed.

Location Two: The Ammo Box can be found on the bottom floor of the farm house.

Location Three: The RPD is located on the 2nd floor of the farm near the perk machine.

Electric Trap

zm_etrap_icon_zps7680d375.png

A portable trap that will insta-kill zombies until round 55. The item is used in combination with the wind turbine similar to the turret. All items can be found around the catwalk area of the power station.

Parts:

I. TV Screenzom_hud_icon_buildable_item_tvtube_zps6a

II. Metal Basezom_hud_icon_buildable_item_coil_zps545e

III. Batteryzom_hud_icon_buildable_item_battery_zps7

Nav Card Table

The Nav Card Table is used to link the towers that are powered at the end of each side quest. The assembly can be added beneath the pylon in the corn field. The tables only need to be built once or until the Richtofen or Maxis Side Quests are complete. The navcard found in Buried is compatable with this table. The Nav Card found in Tranzit is for the Die Rise reader and must be picked up in game to carry over.

Parts:

I. Meteoritezom_hud_icon_sq_meteor_zpsa8d65f72.png

II. Wooden Plankzom_hud_icon_sq_scafold_zpsa4c77f86.png

III. Radiozom_hud_icon_sq_tranceiver_zpsbde8553d.p

IV. Electric Boxzom_hud_icon_sq_powerbox_zpse1be2c7f.png

V. Nav Cardzom_hud_icon_sq_keycard_zps0d35f699.png

Location One: The meteorite can be found in the hole in the wall at Bus Depot, next to Mystery Box spawn.

Location Two: The Wooden plank can be found in the Tunnel between Bus Depot and Diner or in the Power Station on a platform beneath the Buildable Bench by Tombstone.

Location Three: The Radio will be inthe garage by Diner (in the room with the car) on top of a shelf. It must be picked up while jumping. It can also be found in NDU.

Location Four: The Electric Box will either be in Town between the dumpster and Mystery Box spawn, or in Farm, inside the house next to Fridge, or behind the Bus Depot.

Location Five: The Nav Card can be found directly to the rigt of the bus depot, passed the narrow pathway.

Power

Unlike other maps the power switch must be assembled in Green Run. All the parts can be found in the within the power station.

Parts:

I. Handzom_hud_icon_buildable_item_arm_zpsa9051

II. Switchzom_hud_icon_buildable_item_lever_zpsbd2

III. Power Boardzom_hud_icon_buildable_item_panel_zpsb56

Location One:  In the first hallway upon buying the door to the reactor, against a wall or lying on the floor, opposite the zombie barrier.

Location Two: Scattered around the reactor, varying from lying near a railing, the pipes, or either set of stairs, to laying near boxes at the bottom of the stairs or the one-way ramp.

Location Three: In the same room as the workbench, on the computers to the left and right of the workbench, or in a corner to the right of the zombie barrier.

Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23

zm_jetgun_icon_zps6f71761b.png

Also known as the "Jet Gun" is special weapon only available in Tranzit mode. The weapon works by sucking zombies in and shooting thier remains out the other end. The weapon operates similar to the flame thower and it can over heat. However, when this weapon over heats it will explode and the pieces will be spread around the player. If any pieces fall into lava the will return to their original spawn.

Parts:

I. Wireszom_hud_icon_buildable_item_jg_wires_zps

II. Gaugezom_hud_icon_buildable_item_jg_gauges_zp

III. Jet Enginezom_hud_icon_buildable_item_jg_body_zps7

IV. Hand Brakezom_hud_icon_buildable_item_jg_handle_zp

Location One: Power Station

• On the lower floor near the collapsed cat walk on the electric box.
  • On the lower floor near the collapsed bridge on the ground.
  • Near the Tombstone Soda.
  • On the lower floor in the small room with the window on a barrel.

Location Two: Cabin

• On the bed near the back door.
  • Near the fireplace.

Location Three: Tunnel

• Near the first window on the left.
  • Beside a car near the railing of the Colt M16A1.
  • Between the first window on the right and Colt M16A1.
  • Between the cars to the left as you enter the encampment.

Location Four: Nacht der Untoten

• Near the lamp.
  • In one of the shelves.
  • On the stairway, on the right side behind the desk.

Die Rise

Trample Steam

zom_hud_trample_steam_complete_zpsfd212b

The Trample Steam is a device that can be used to fling players across short distances or as a weapon that repels zombies.

Parts:

I. Motorzom_hud_trample_steam_compressor_zps8686

II. Flagzom_hud_trample_steam_whistle_zps5579ecc

III. Pumpzom_hud_trample_steam_bellow_zps7dbbeea4

IV. Gratezom_hud_trample_steam_screen_zps049ad2e1

Location One: On the desk in the spawn room, or in the corner next to the entrance of the collapsed stairwell.

Location Two: Leaning against a chair in spawn next to the olympia, against the railing opposite the quick revive elevator.

Location Three: On the left stairwell in spawn, or immediately past the first door on the floor.

Location Four: Next to the first door in spawn, or immediately past the first door against the wall.

Sliquifier

The

Parts:

I.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

This is fantastic. Props to you Monsieur Boom. Just thought I'd point out a few things that may be insightful for this:

- The "Jugga-Jug" ability is obtained after purchasing Quick Revive three times (meaning one down per purchase).

- "Quick-er Revive" can also be lost after a player downs too many times within your vicinity and you let them bleed out. It's a rather high number threshold, though.

- A slight type on "Flopper Jr." - it should be 'dolphin'. I'm sorry for nitpicking that one, but it just caught my attention fully, haha.

You should also mention the available buildables throughout Black Ops II (I'm quite sure you were already thinking about that ;) ). I've already bookmarked this page. 

• Administrators

This is fantastic. Props to you Monsieur Boom. Just thought I'd point out a few things that may be insightful for this:

- The "Jugga-Jug" ability is obtained after purchasing Quick Revive three times (meaning one down per purchase).

- "Quick-er Revive" can also be lost after a player downs too many times within your vicinity and you let them bleed out. It's a rather high number threshold, though.

- A slight type on "Flopper Jr." - it should be 'dolphin'. I'm sorry for nitpicking that one, but it just caught my attention fully, haha.

You should also mention the available buildables throughout Black Ops II (I'm quite sure you were already thinking about that ;) ). I've already bookmarked this page. 

Thanks I checked what I knew with others. Results may very ;) Watching actually game play I have seen more than one method for Jugg.

Thank you, corrections are always welcome. Buildables are already on the roster, I just had to call it a night.

Here is what I would still like to cover.

• Map Boss
  • free perks
  • Buildables
  • Special Weapons
  • Melee Weapons
  • tactical grenade
  • Drops

And I am open to any other suggestions.

Great stuff Boom!

I hadn't included any strategy or general gameplay elements like this in the library. This is something that I should definitely include or reference. There is probably a lot of info you could include once the ideas start flowing. I would like to include this if that's ok with you at a later date.

Another great piece of work by you for the CoDz community.

(Thanks for the shout-out too)

• Administrators

Great stuff Boom!

(Thanks for the shout-out too)

Thank you, and credit where credit is due my friend.

Great work, Boom.

Kinda makes me want to play Black ops 2 and that means a lot! haha

Good to hear Lenne. Although the game received a lot of negative reviews from the community. I loved it to death. A lot of their great innovation was ignored. There will be more to come for sure!

• Administrators

Very nice.

You and Pinnaz secretly challengng each other on who's superior?

Both excellent in my eyes.

No just two like-,minded individuals with an unnatural drive to create guides and tutorials. Pinnaz is my constant. Thank you though should have another section or two up this evening.

Damn this is very nice work Boom.

I didn't see this its description, so not sure if you know it, but Flopper Jr. causes explosions when you dolphin dive like normal. So that basically makes it a full version of PhD Flopper, except its not. Personally I would rename it Flopper Lite.

Oh and there is also the Carpenter Metal Barriers one and the Bad Version of the Random Box.

• Administrators

Damn this is very nice work Boom.

I didn't see this its description, so not sure if you know it, but Flopper Jr. causes explosions when you dolphin dive like normal. So that basically makes it a full version of PhD Flopper, except its not. Personally I would rename it Flopper Lite.

Oh and there is also the Carpenter Metal Barriers one and the Bad Version of the Random Box.

I like it, the only difference being it doesn't protect against non flopping fall damage. Sometimes I assume it's common knowledge, but it would be nice to detail it. I'll add it in. Also for the others, I couldn't find concrete details so I did not include them.

Jugger pro was changed at one point. I believe right before buried's release. Before the change it was just going down three times in quick recession in a solo game on round 1, and that was the most reliable method to get it. There were other ways to get it like falling off buildings and some other stuff like that but it didn't workout every time so I would just do the method before.  But with the addition of buried they felt the community didn't like jugger jug so they nerfed it by making it harder to get. Sometimes it would take almost 10+ downs to get it. Sometimes only one game. So its hard to say what the TRUE method of getting it is.

Also I, and others, have proved that you don't actually lose jugger pro till AFTER you go down after round 15. Not at the start of round 15. This can be proven even father by looking at the no perk round 100 gameplay that a few people have achieved on die rise. Unless it has changed, like it has done before, then I think that part of the post needs to be updated.

Nevertheless great post Boom!!!!

Edit: found another error. The half off persistent upgrade is also wrong. In my experience, its not about not gaining/losing any points, its about gaining a certain amount of points during the duration of a double points. I think the number is 2000 or 3000, not entirely sire because its been a while since I have played with persistent upgrades since playing local you cant get them or use the bank. There was also a glitch where you could get the half off upgrade by getting points from the bank during a double points which would trigger the upgrade to appear. But they fixed that in an update.

If i find any more errors il report, again great post and im only tellng you whats wrong to make it better :)

Hey Boom. Amazing stuff. Just wanted to let you know, there are 14 upgrades in total.

You're missing the Double Points, Extra Pistol Points, Carpenter and Raygun from the wall ones.

Also I have some accurate information regarding the upgrades for you:

For the Metal Barriers, it can only be obtained after round 10 and the number of boards required to gain the upgrade is exactly 74.
For the Revives, you will automatically gain it after 17 revives. No more, no less.
For the Headshots, you'll need to multi-headshot zombies for a total of 5 times.
For Jugga-Jugga, it cannot be gained after round 2.
For Flopper Lite, you'll gain it after you take fall damage exactly 6 times.
For the Longshot, the amount of kills required is 5. The minimum kill distance needed is 800 [meters?]

Also for the Double Points Upgrade (not the one you listed, the other one) , you get it after gaining 2500 points during Double Points.
Hope this helps.

-Al

This is the third time writing this since my page keeps messing up so its going to be a little shorter then I originally had it.

There are still some other undiscovered PU out there. When I say undiscovered I mean that there just any information regarding all the specifics about the PU. There are two that I know of.

The knife faster PU. This upgrade allows you to knife much faster with heavier guns. Video can be found below

Another PU that much isn't know about is the one below. I call it Mr. Boom but there isn't an official name for it. It could have been anything for all I know. I just know it isn't phd because I tested it right after I saw the green puff.

Video here

• Administrators

Hey Boom. Amazing stuff. Just wanted to let you know, there are 14 upgrades in total.

You're missing the Double Points, Extra Pistol Points, Carpenter and Raygun from the wall ones.

Also I have some accurate information regarding the upgrades for you:

For the Metal Barriers, it can only be obtained after round 10 and the number of boards required to gain the upgrade is exactly 74.
For the Revives, you will automatically gain it after 17 revives. No more, no less.
For the Headshots, you'll need to multi-headshot zombies for a total of 5 times.
For Jugga-Jugga, it cannot be gained after round 2.
For Flopper Lite, you'll gain it after you take fall damage exactly 6 times.
For the Longshot, the amount of kills required is 5. The minimum kill distance needed is 800 [meters?]

Also for the Double Points Upgrade (not the one you listed, the other one) , you get it after gaining 2500 points during Double Points.
Hope this helps.

-Al

Hmmm well I have gained QR with less than 17. I've had it as early as 9.

Where did you get the info for some of them?

For the others it seems some additional research might be needed. Not saying you don't know your stuff, I just want to be sure for my own piece of mind.

I'm not sure how I forgot to include the ray gun, I even wrote out the steps.

Also I just think the pistol upgrade is stupid, so I didnt include it. I suppose if I want a complete guide I should.

Anyway, back to the lab!

Where did you get the info for some of them?

Gamefiles. I never use other sources.

When people speak of 'randomness' in Zombies, that's usually because the exact number of times that's needed for something to be completed - or to happen (let's say, variable X) isn't known to them.

Let me clarify;

Persisitent Upgrades carry over from game to game, right?

Well, so do variables X's. (Variable X = the number of times you need to do something to gain a pers. upgrade)

Like the the number of revives, number of times needed to go prone, number of times you need to die, etc etc.

This is how you can get the Pers. Quick Revive with, let's say, reviving someone only two times. 

The game just sets a total of subsequent revives w/o failure that the player needs to obtain, and those stats carry over from match to match.

Once you reach that total, you automatically gain the persistent upgrade.

• Administrators

Gamefiles. I never use other sources.

When people speak of 'randomness' in Zombies, that's usually because the exact number of times that's needed for something to be completed - or to happen (let's say, variable X) isn't known to them.

Let me clarify;

Persisitent Upgrades carry over from game to game, right?

Well, so do variables X's. (Variable X = the number of times you need to do something to gain a pers. upgrade)

Like the the number of revives, number of times needed to go prone, number of times you need to die, etc etc.

This is how you can get the Pers. Quick Revive with, let's say, reviving someone only two times. 

The game just sets a total of subsequent revives w/o failure that the player needs to obtain, and those stats carry over from match to match.

Once you reach that total, you automatically gain the persistent upgrade.

Interesting stuff, do you have that data on hand or is it just something you glanced over a while back?

I have the data on my computer. I'll go over it and post anything relevant.

There are still some other undiscovered PU out there. When I say undiscovered I mean that there just any information regarding all the specifics about the PU. There are two that I know of.

I hate to sound like a dick, but these are all the persistent upgrades that exist. There are some upgrades that can only be gained after round 4, so I'll take a look at them and see which one you got in the Buried vid.

(nube = the Raygun btw)

x0qljm.png

I can back up what slade is saying on how stuff carries over from game to game. I was able to play some zombies last week and my first ever revive was a quick revive and I hadn't played online in over a month. And the variable does go across multiple games. Thats why people were able to get juggerjug with only one down sometimes.

Hey I understand your not being a dick. Just showing what you know. But I got to ask because I'm curious, but when did you get that screenshot because it may have been updated since then. Because I don't see one for the two I showed. Maybe the second ine was a hlitch because I have seen multiple glitches with the system.

Haha, thanks.

For the people who wanna get technical, there are three files associated with the persistent upgrades.

The first file is arguably the most important, it shows all the upgrades and the various variables (basically the rules the game follows) associated with each individual upgrade.

(The list I showed BS on page 1 is also from this file)

3039x7m.png

This should clear things up a bit. 

Good work. Just some suggestions for the Persistent Upgrades section:

The names for the Persistent Upgrades... They do not have names. Therefore, what you call them should be as generic and non-conjectural as possible, i.e. not using names coined by someone thinking it'd be a cool name.

Quick-er Revive: Nice and straight to the point.

Reaper: So, you reap? Does it give you a scythe? Where did that come from? Just call it Red Insta-Kill. Call it what it is.

Metal Barriers: I would change it to Metal Barricades. It is just more accurate.

Headshot Multiplier: Great and straight to the point.

Cash Back: Coined by a Youtuber user, but I guess it is accurate, so I don't mind that one so much.

Jugga-Jugga: Just sounds immature. Super Juggernog, Juggernog Plus, Juggernog Pro, anything of that nature I think would be more professional.

Half Off: Just add a hyphen: Half-Off.

Random Box+: If you're going to add a plus sign, I think you should be consistent, like Juggernog+, Quick Revive+. If not, name it something else, like Box Upgrade, just as an example.

Flopper Lite: Good, I guess.

Longshot: Same.

Pseudo-Perma Perks: Perma Perk is a madeup term. And why pseudo? The keeping-one-Perk thing is just as much one as the others. Give it a nondescript name like the others, like Keep-One-Perk.

(I am unaware if codenames exist for these things. If they do, that is new, and I apologize for my mistake.)

Also, "Flopper Lite" neglects fall damage whether or not you're prone.

Lastly, "associated Perk" or "associated Power-Up" is just unnecessary. Some, like the Quick Revive one, obviously are related to a Perk in a way. But some, like the cash back one, are related only through conjecture. I think it best to remove that entirely from your post, as it has no relevance. For example, how is the Headshot Multiplier related to Deadshot Daiquiri? Because it has to do with headshots? By that logic, guns are related to Deadshot Daiquiri. Like I said, cleanest solution is to remove that entirely.

If you need help, I'd be happy to provide information.