Maxis, Returned_Tranzit & Black Ops I I I - The Future Of Zombies -

Maxis, returned_tranzit & Black Ops III

- The Future of Zombies -

TranZit. The map you either love or hate. The map of first impressions and last words. A map which divided the community in a way rivalled only by that of the climactic end of the Black Ops 2 DLC season. But what is really behind this map, and, as Malukah once sung, "Where are we going from here?"

Maxis' Cut Quotes

Maxis had some quotes from TranZit that never made it into the final game. There are two of these such quotes in this game which are very intriguing, vox_maxi_future_dlc_0 & vox_maxi_future_nav_0. These quotes have had no way to be triggered to our knowledge... People have tried to make sense of these for months... What secrets could they hold? vox_maxi_future_dlc_0 goes like this:

Nothing to see here, for now. Maybe down the road we will revisit this place. Such a lovely place...

Maxis is telling us that we are going to be seeing TranZit again, in some form. The way he says "Such as lovely place..." is with such wistfulness and longing, as if Maxis knew the place in it's true beauty, pre-Moon... 

vox_maxi_future_nav_0 goes like this:

It seems a new cargo is aboard and needs to be delivered.

It seems as if Maxis is giving instructions, toward a new goal. Possibly Easter Egg related, and definitely secret.

What does all this mean? It all points toward a TranZit "remaster"...

zmb_returned_tranzit

There exists two folders (in the dumped audio files, extracted from the game) labelled "zmb_returned_tranzit". The first folder contains all the power up drops announced by Sam, INCLUDING the extended Fire ***** jingle. The second contains many grunts and screams and breaths by the N4, without any dialogue, to my knowledge. You might just pass this off as Turned, but remember, Turned is known to the game as Cleansed. This further supports the idea that there was intended to be a TranZit re-visit.

Black Ops III & The Future of Zombies

All this points toward a scrapped TranZit remake. But, I believe it to be only scrapped for Black Ops II. I believe that we shall be seeing TranZit again, as either the/a base map in the next Zombies instalment, or as a DLC. TranZit's story is far from over.

~Naitrax

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An interesting idea. Maybe Treyarch will actually make Tranzit properly next ime. Y'know, without the horrendous fog, the lack of anything interesting, and get rid of that god damn fire.

Personally I think it's a bit of a long shot. Given it's the first map, it's probably nothing to do with any more Zombies we might get. Perhaps a scrapped idea that was never used again. But who knows? It's certainly better to be coming up with theories like this than to just give up on Zombies ever coming back.

-Jolteon

An interesting idea. Maybe Treyarch will actually make Tranzit properly next ime. Y'know, without the horrendous fog, the lack of anything interesting, and get rid of that god damn fire.

Personally I think it's a bit of a long shot. Given it's the first map, it's probably nothing to do with any more Zombies we might get. Perhaps a scrapped idea that was never used again. But who knows? It's certainly better to be coming up with theories like this than to just give up on Zombies ever coming back.

-Jolteon

Yeah, I know that it was kind of a long shot, but when this info clicked, I thought I may as well share it.

Thanks for reading and responding!

Interesting idea. Let me share my knowledge.

"Nothing to see here, for now ..." when you enter Nacht (cut, never triggers, presumably programming error) 

"It seems the new cargo is aboard and needs to be delivered" when you pick up the navcard. (cut, also never triggers, due to programming error)

I've looked through the audiofiles again, and inside zmb_returned_tranzit are all the soundfiles from Turned. (returned is just an alias for the gamemode Turned)

Sam's announcer quotes and the jingle you mentioned, are all inside zmb_highrise.english. (Die Rise)

You mixed those up.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Interesting idea. Let me share my knowledge.

"Nothing to see here, for now ..." when you enter Nacht (cut, never triggers, presumably programming error) 

"It seems the new cargo is aboard and needs to be delivered" when you pick up the navcard. (cut, also never triggers, due to programming error)

I've looked through the audiofiles again, and inside zmb_returned_tranzit are all the soundfiles from Turned. (returned is just an alias for the gamemode Turned)

Sam's announcer quotes and the jingle you mentioned, are all inside zmb_highrise.english. (Die Rise)

You mixed those up.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

It says zmb_returned_tranzit.english.sabl on mine...

Hmm

Excuse me?

I'm using the russian audiofiles - other than 'zmb_returned_tranzit.russian' - they're all essentially the same to my knowledge.

If you look in 'zmb_returned_tranzit.all' you'll find the Turned background music.

Back to the topic in general;

I love speculating about Tranzit. Brains to you.

You have a cracked version of BO2? Or you're lacking the Revolution DLC.

I'll explain the audio files in short:

They're categorized as:

[mp/zmb/sp]  _  [gamemode]  _  [map] . [language or .all].

So for example;   zmb_classic_tranzit.all   [classic = story mode]

.all = the main audiofiles, these are the same in each version of BO2 no matter what language you're having selected. (all music, and sound effects are stored here)

.english = all the soundfiles that are exclusive to the english version of BO2. (quotes) 

You have a cracked version of BO2? Or you're lacking the Revolution DLC.

I'll explain the audio files in short:

They're categorized as:

[mp/zmb/sp]  _  [gamemode]  _  [map] . [language or .all].

So for example;   zmb_classic_tranzit.all   [classic = story mode]

.all = the main audiofiles, these are the same in each version of BO2 no matter what language you're having selected. (all music, and sound effects are stored here)

.english = all the soundfiles that are exclusive to the english version of BO2. (quotes) 

I've got a legit copy and the Revolution DLC, but I had someone extract them for me. They probably were categorised differently by them.

Thank you for the information though, good to know what the "."'s meant.

I always thought that the supposed "cut" files may not have been triggered correctly. Possibly something to do with having all 3 Navcard & then going in reverse order to put them in each card reader? TranZit's being last. But the quotes still don't make complete sense.

I'm sure that the "Returned" folder means the turned game mode. Is Richtofen's announcer quotes not in that folder, or are they in the normal TranZit folder? I can't remember.

As for the grunts, they are just that. The characters grunt files are just grouped together. (I could be wrong on all of this though, I don't have access to my computer ATM)

There has been 2 more updates to "an audio program" since Origins was released without the file names. Each DLC, the sound files can move from folder to folder, the same as the Texture files. Mob of the Dead's pack-a-punch textures are now in the buried folders (in my extraction anyway) That could explain why both of you have them in different folders as you have used different versions?

Once the program could extract Origins file names, I went back & did extracted all sound files in one go.

Im not sure if anyone has even been able to get into the fast files to see what or if something triggers these quotes? Then again, I think that would be a shit way of figuring something out. Doing that is not the game Zombies.

Good effort Nai, good to see you back & nice formatting. Keep it up.

nice thread Naitrax, but I hope it doesn't happen lol.  They just got Tranzit all wrong.  The whole thing is really terrible, literally the whole thing.  I have to believe that if/when zombies continues, that the on-disk map will be really terriffic.  Now if they really wanted to make that large a map with many different unique locations, what would be the "no-brainer" way of traveling?   duh! teleport!  we've been teleporting in zombies since Der Reise!  but instead they made us ride a rickety bus, and even worse, wait for siad rickety bus.

Anyway, I really wish they would extend the DLC seasons for cod games since many either dont buy or don't play as much the IW installments,.  Borderlands 2 is such a great example of a game getting quality content even 18 months + after release. 

nice thread Naitrax, but I hope it doesn't happen lol.  They just got Tranzit all wrong.  The whole thing is really terrible, literally the whole thing.  I have to believe that if/when zombies continues, that the on-disk map will be really terriffic.  Now if they really wanted to make that large a map with many different unique locations, what would be the "no-brainer" way of traveling?   duh! teleport!  we've been teleporting in zombies since Der Reise!  but instead they made us ride a rickety bus, and even worse, wait for siad rickety bus.

Anyway, I really wish they would extend the DLC seasons for cod games since many either dont buy or don't play as much the IW installments,.  Borderlands 2 is such a great example of a game getting quality content even 18 months + after release. 

To each there own. A perfect example of Sentence 2.

Yeah, but we have ActiWhores Inc. pressuring Treyarch.

I feel like rather than a remake, they may have been playing around the idea of DLC adding areas to TranZit, so after doing all the NavCards, there would be the Returned game mode which had a seperate route, or something.

It just feels like they wanted to do so much more with TranZit, but then they ran out of time or hit some snag. The community then completely hated on TranZit and they probably scrapped any hopes of adding to the map and moved on.

It just feels like they wanted to do so much more with TranZit, but then they ran out of time or hit some snag. The community then completely hated on TranZit and they probably scrapped any hopes of adding to the map and moved on.

I also feel they intended on doing more with Tranzit, the Navcards and BO2 zombies in general, and also feel time constraints put an end to all that.

If that is the case, then I am extremely pissed with both Treyarch and Activision. Treyarch for making the map without delivering what they intended on giving us, and Activision for caring none about the community and pressuring Treyarch into release a half finished, broken and garbage map that is empty of anything to do in it. Tranzit should have definitely been given something at the end of the season, be it a better WW, more perks or an extended EE. All things the community asked for, and all things that got completely ignored. Why not give us something at least!?

They both should hang their heads in shame for Tranzit, but neither will.

Those are some of the quotes I'd love clarification on from the Devs.  It's always been something that's bugged me and one of the reasons I continued to try to find more things with the Easter Egg.  But at the end of the day, I think there was a much more elaborate plan for TranZit's EE at one point, but it was cancelled and the shorter version was placed into game.  They just kept the audio files in there.

That seems the most realistic theory I have seen. It makes the most sense. Those orbs mean something. Nobody knows what though. Technically there is more to Tranzit. Until somebody figures out how to bring orbs up there is still more to learn. I truly believe we would have found something by now and that Tranzit it unfinished. They had high hopes. They have promised things that never came to fruition (multiple upgradable wonder weaponry, a zombie campaign, just being a few small ones) and we all took it in stride. but this map had so much promise, everything has screamed there is more on the map. And now our best players, hunters, and enthusiasts are stuck completely. I agree, I think theu put out an unfinished product.

It is way too early for a transit remake…. A Nact or even a kino remake would fit the bill better…..

Well in the hardened edition of black ops 1 you got the WaW maps remastered. So it's a possibility. But if it's a map that is story-based (the characters physically revisit the location, not just the player) it won't be the first. Unless there are 2 zombies maps, like BOI.

Tranzit had potential, and I still have fun playing it. Sure it's flawed and frustrating, but your ability to have fun in a map is based entirely on you. You critics would do well to remember that.

Well it's a bit shaky because of the files being jumbled, but if they remastered tranzit I can see it being great. If Sam announcer quotes are there it could be pre-nukes, and there would be no lava, a lot less fog and a lot more... Stuff.

Hopefully this gives them a chance to do the map justice.

They could go down multiple routes,

Route A.) The Origins ending.

I don't really need to explain this. But BO3 may carry on from when Origins "ended" (Strongest chance)

Route B.) Do a Kino.

By Do a Kino, I mean re-release it as the starting map for BO3. Like Kino was scrapped from WAW due to the fact it was too close to MW2's release date. So it was included as the base "free" map.

Wether or not it sticks to the story is another thing. (Unlikely)

Route C.) Completely re-start zombies with the story begining in TranZit, though this is highly unlikely. If they do re-boot zombies, I could see it starting off in 2025* as Raul Menendez's group messed up an experiment. Or something. idk, I ain't a story writer.

*: If we're to go by BO2's timeline, as the official Zombies storyline started in 1945, the year WAW took place and I very highly doubt Treyarch would revisit the World War 2 setting again.

Route D.) Ignore zombies completely.

Very unlikely, as the zombies has a very huge fanbase, hell, some people (Like myself) only buy COD for the Zombies.

Route E.) Continue the story from Buried.

The story was far from over.

Who actually wins? Maxis? Richtofen?

Did the N4 finally die?

The O4 died every map, yet they were back every map.*

Origins could've been another Mob of the Dead, having no connection to the main story plot at all.

*(Not including BO2 maps)

Route F.) Continue Mob of the Dead's story.

Much like the Route E, MOTD's story was far from over.

Yes, Weasel survived.

The end.

And?

That's it? Damn. A sly Easter Egg/actual tie in would've been very nice.

So yeah, my (mini and not well thought out theories)

They should just give the new fours story to infinity ward, and let Treyarch focus on our REAL heroes (jk for the new team fans) :)

I wouldn't mind if they "Pulled a kino" but more than likely they will continue from Buried.

I thought Tranzit was fine, good even. Of course like all maps they get old and I go through fazes where I hated the map, then loved it again. It definitely looks like they had more planned, and it's a shame that they didn't get to, but I am still happy with the map, especially since they released the Persistant Upgrade that acts like tombstone, saves a lot of running around.

If I had it my way though, I'd start BO3 with the events from Moon just because I'm all about the old heroes.

Im really curious as to what is to come for Zombies. I sort of hope they keep things simple but I have a feeling it will be the opposite. Either way next gen zombies is going to be awesome! PM me if any of you are down to go back and play some of the older maps. I wouldn't mind trying to see if I can remember all those older easter egg steps lol. I play on Xbox