Solo or Co-op

Greetings to all who read this,

When we discuss high rounds in zombies we normally associate as solo being a harder play style to master yet is this the case? When we really look deep into the matter is solo easier or harder to master than co op zombies? I am a very strong solo zombies player where I try to achieve high rounds On every map. Yet when I go to play co op I tend to have a harder time adjusting, lets look at why this is.

When we play solo we know what we are looking for in a player, we know our own weakness and strength on the game and we try to improve our performance. Now this is all good for playing solo but when playing co op it's different we have to account for our other teammates who are also playing with us. What are their strengths and weaknesses? What are they good at? We have to learn our team mates as well as we know ourselves in zombies.

This isn't the only reason, obviously when we play solo there is a only 24 zombies per wave with multiple waves per round with the exception of world at war of course. Yet while we play co op we have to keep in mind that since we have more team mates we have more zombies spawning in per wave. This obviously makes a difference to the length of each round and the strategy on each map.

Now this is nothing ground breaking when we talk about solo and co op but which is harder then. Many people who don't play on a high level believe that solo is harder since you are all alone and you have to combat all the zombies by yourself. Yet in reality it is co op that is harder as you have to depend on your team mates to be able to go through with a strategy, you have to rely that you and your team mate(s) are in sync as in you work well together. The reason why people perceive co op being easier is due to the fact that you have more players yet you have to be able to work as a unit and not as a group of individuals. This is what I have found when switching from playing high round solo gameplay to attempting high round co op gameplay. I still play solo the majority of the time but this is just food for thought for those who are interested. Please leave your opinions on the idea.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off welcome.

Secondly I could barely read your post as it was poorly structured. Please dig deeper for effort next time.

Now coop vs solo.

Chances are you will get a lot of arguments on each side as they are slightly different. One minor correction to your point; there are still 24 zombies at once but more zombies per player per round.

Solo you are in complete control. You know exactly how zombies are approaching and it becames easier to set the tempo.

Coop more instincts are required because you have to constantly be aware of the situations created by your team. A monkey bomb at the wrong time can kill you regardless where you/they are.

Solo you have a limited number of chances to survive.

Coop as long as your team survives they can carry you.

There are many things that go into a game that may influence the outcome. Solo it's more linear to what you do, coop more adjusting to your surroundings.

For those who argue the best solo player shall be the best coop is simply inaccurate. The two modes are so different it is nearly night and day.

Enjoy your stay.

Personally, I choose co-op because it is more fun. When playing solo, you get 3 downs (in most maps), and THAT'S IT. Done. Finished. In co-op, however, you get an infinite number of downs, provided one person is up at any given time. So I always do better in co-op. I'm not one of those people who can do 100-round games solo. It honestly is a nearly innate skill that cannot easily be learned. So I prefer to play co-op when I can. It also means I don't have to waste my money on Quick Revive. The bad thing though is that you can't pause. But honestly, I think "oh well" with that.

Coop vs solo? Thats a debate thats been going on for years, literally. And quite frankly it comes down to a few factors: teammates, connection, and time. Anything else such as awareness, lack of concentration, or anything else for that matter could be argued against both sides and for that reason is really irrelevant and really does not need to be discussed.

Time for most people is a limited thing. And for that reason along most people say that solo is much easier because of the pause button. But for most instances, if you have a full day's time, you can get to round 100 on a few maps. Plus with the addition of the wonderful tactical grenade the emp, you can get to any round you wish on Tranzit, farm, and town (Yes it will take a loads of time, but its possible). Also with some handywork with consruction your controller, you can get a zombie trapped behind a barrier on almost any map by making your controller repeatedly hold x. So time as you can see becomes less of a factor and should only be factored in when talking about connection.

Connection is a big in why people can say coop is harder than solo. In coop you get this annoying thing called lag. Even if its just a half a second lag, that can be the difference in you getting past that last zombie when red screened and being the hero, or dying. And then theres those instances where you get the connection interrupted and no matter what you do, when the error resolves you are down pleading to be revived and asking why the internet gods did this. But thats not the biggest issue. The biggest issue with connection is that no matter how great your connection is, you will lag out in a coop game unless its a split screen game on the same console. Because of this, every game is against that nonexistent clock. You can be the most effiecent pair of players and think you have all the time in the world, but if you disconnect from each other theres really nothing you can do.

Your teammates will probably be a big concern also. A good teammate is hard to come by and most zombie players don't have the above two requisites to even think about playing with them for that high round. And even if you do find a player that has an abundance of time and fios internet, they have to be able to communicate well. Because communication plays a key role in any zombie game. They also need to be a great zombie player period. In my opinion the best coop team are two solo players that can get to round 100 easily and can pass the test of internet reliability. But thats not all, the best thing to look for in a teammate is somebody that has the morale to be a teammate. Someone that gives up because they don't have jug and they are the last alive isnt who you want. Someone that gives up because round 50 took 10 minutes, isn't a good partner. You can be the best player, but if you don't have a great attitude, I, or anyone else, will want to play with you. Because lets face it, round 100 coop is a lot of work and it needs to be a little fun :P

So what actually is my opinion on solo vs coop? well Im above average at solo, but when it comes to coop I think its harder because like people have said before, i don't take into account other people's action and how they will affect mine. For instance I went down by the svu in die rise with who's who. I spawned by the pdw. I thought ok il let the train that killed me come to me, il circle around up the staircase, around back to the hole in the ground behind the QR elevator and then revive myself. PERFECT PLAN. But I forgot there was a teammate already by the m14. So what happens? half of the zombies goes for him and half goes for me. As I'm going up the staircase zombies start coming from up top and trap me there. All because I didn't take into account my teammate's actions.

So yes, I wrote my 5 paragraph essay to tell you that coop is harder :P

With the right teammates co op is easier (people that dont play like they are on solo ) but with randoms or a poor teteamplayer or a no mic game co op is going to be harder cause in this cases you are basicly playing solo wit people and a 50 50 on getting revived

Solo is better for me but gets boring fast and easy to make a risky move that only ends a game so for me I say both are hard but can also be easy depends on how the game goes .

Me,i think overall solo is easier.Though in THEORY co-op should be due to unlimited lives,provided you have a pro team/mates.But then again,is is possible to play solo so that you almost NEVER down.

The bad thing though is that you can't pause.

Yes,yes you can.Its called split screen.And I absolutely love it.Ive been 30+ split screen like 2 maybe 3 times.A few times solo like 5 or 6 I think,maybe 7.Never online I dont think. :P

Split Screen FTW.

Provided its suitable of course.You need an IRL teammate.

Solo or co-op?

I've been to 100+ solo, and 70+ co-op.

SOLO

Generally Easy

Lag can cause resets (ive learned this through a 182 I did on ascension)

Have to recycle wonderweapon (like co-op)

only 3 revives

Co-op

With right teammate, 70+ is easy

longer rounds past 50

Randoms aren't consistent

Can't pause: My 72 Cotd and 95 ascension co-op were 41.25 hours combined.

Overall, solo.

I just can't play split screen. it screws me up terribly. I don't know why, but something about having noises and images that aren't directly related to my character, still coming on my TV really messes me up.

But other than it not recording leaderboard stats (I guess I don't know if you can start a public match with just you and a split screener, but in BO1, you couldn't do a private match with all local players), Split-screen would be the best of both worlds I suppose. The safety net of another player, instant and simple communication, no lag, the smaller spawns of 2 players rather than 4, and of course, the pause button.

Secondly I could barely read your post as it was poorly structured. Please dig deeper for effort next time.

I clicked on this thread 3 times and I had to skip it without reading simply because of the fact that I cannot read so many lines of text without a break. I clicked on this thread because it is my topic of interest.

Thanks for sharing and please format this when you get a chance.

Enjoy your stay.

Thank you TEHELFIE001 for formatting your thread. :)

I only play co-op. Solo is way too boring and time-consuming for me. I love playing with randoms and then camping at the worst possible place. That way I can have short, but very hectic and fun games.

- Heather

Very tough question.

Coop is harder mentally I suppose. You can't break when you want.

It is much easier to stay alive however.

I'm assuming that you are playing with someone of similar skill to you, who understands the tactics you are using. In this case, coop is easier. You can literally get to say 76 coop, which is roughly equivalent to 100 solo with 50 combined downs. On solo, you get 3 lives.

Those lives are for sure easier to protect in solo, but it's rare in coop with 2 good players to ever have a bleedout.

Overall, I actually think solo is easier regardless of what I posted.

I've done a few solo 100s, done 93 coop, 79 coop, and a few other 70s.

Solo was easier everytime.....but I can't help think that that's mainly a personal thing as I take lots and lots of breaks. Always easier solo. For a guaranteed high round......I'd go coop everytime with the right teammate and time.