Is it easier to play Solo or Co-op Zombies?

Flatty

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an individual, so not a consensus, but my thoughts:

It depends on the player/players. It really does.

For me, solo will usually get further. But many can't do it on their own and conversely, many fall prey to the issues with mp zombies: running into trains, trying to get through mobs to save a downed teammate. Trolls, fatigue multiplied by 4.

On fatigue: i can be almost asleep and play solo zombies. In mp zombies, basically having a multi-hour phone call with 4 friend while playing can be mentally exhausting.

So, in conclusion, in my personal experience, solo will own mp for rounds covered and speed of rounds covered, and least stress on the player.

• 3 months later...

Truly it's easier to survive on solo. You don't have anyone in your way and you can get all the good weapons to yourself. Also less zombies spawn when you are playing solo. I love playing solo I've got to round 35 on origins solo and like 27 with 4 people. But there are people who prefer to play with other players and get high, but to my opinion I get higher on solo then co-op.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always play multiplayer. I just don't care for solo much. 

I like the added challenge of playing with randoms, I usually only play with 1 or 2 friends max and fill the rest with randoms. A lot of times I don't even use my mic and just slaughter, though on maps like Mob and Buried I always got the mic going. 

Basically, what everyone else has said is true. 

Another element I'm surprised nobody brought up yet though is the fear aspect. In solo the zombies seem almost scary(They are if you're in a map like Verruckt) because you know there's nobody to watch your back and you know if you go down, it's all over from there. I suppose in that sense, zombies has the atmosphere I wish it still had with multiplayer. 

I remember the first time ever playing, it was just a friend and I splitscreening on Black Ops, it was legitimately scary because we were noobs. Now that I know what to do and when to do it and whatnot, it all feels more like clockwork-badassery to me rather than something to be creeped out by. Playing on solo is the only way to really bring back that feeling of dread...or robot zombies. 

It takes lot of commitment and discipline to play solo high rounds and I can almost never do it. I play co-op most of the time and it's fun for me.

Which one is easy? I would have to say solo. Once you learn the game at your own pace, there is a only a limited no. of times that you can do so and so mistake. If I were to race to a round in solo or co-op I'd choose solo, because it's certainly quick. However after round 30 it gets extremely repetitive and boring.

• Administrators

Solo is indefinitely the easiest of the bunch. It doesn't seem like such because you're left to fend off the horde by yourself, but that's what it makes it so grand. You have total control over the flow of zombies, how you set yourself up, and no external mishaps like poor connection, incapable teammates, etc etc. Once you pick up the pace, you're virtually repeating history for the next 50 or so rounds with patience and endurance being the only factors. You'll eventually realize that weapons do little to no damage, forcing you to look upon other types of arsenal (traps, infinite damage weapons).

In the defense of co-op, however, it's relatively fun because you're with other slayers tackling the masses. Of course, I wouldn't rely on others for high rounds because you have to assist in waiting for them to set themselves up, mini breaks, and the possibility of someone leaving (which in Black Op II is extremely detrimental as it cuts your round).

• 1 month later...

I know I've discussed this before but not for a while.

It depends on your definition of easy.  Rather than reiterate points that others have already given, I will say that in solo you have 4 downs, in coop you have infinite with the right team mate.

Excluding the environmental and technological issues of coop, it's definitely easier for the above reason.

I'm basing this on 2 players who are at least average.

Even more so, coop is easier for players worse than average.  It goes back to the same point, in solo as a bad player you are on your own, in coop you have someone to help you.

Solo is only easier when doing really extreme games, 100 pluses I would suggest.

So Let's define the difficulty instead of saying which one easy.

High rounds to 100:  Easy Solo

Co-op to 100 is almost impossible although I have seen people reaching round 100 in KINO spending countless hours/days.

Dealing with number of zombies at a given time: Co-op is easy

Zombie spawns are distributed in co-op for 2-3-4 player compared to solo. Therefore you have to deal zombies spawning everywhere as you kill if you don't know how to kite them or group them before you take them out in groups which is the commonly practiced strategy for high rounds unless you are using traps. This can be a bad thing for co-op for a small map like NDU where there is not a lot of room to train zombies and it is chaos everywhere even though there are more players.

Getting Revived: Co-op is easy.

Like Chopper mentioned even with half decent teammates your probability of getting back up is much higher in co-op games repeatedly unless it is a combination of very high round and a tough map. Eg: Round 57 2 player on origins with panzer on your ass and your partner is down. Solo restricts you to 4 downs and you are out.

Time: Solo is easy.

Solo high rounds are generally faster to reach than co-op for almost every map. We all know how long co-op games take. People have gotten Round 50 games under an hour for solo where as co-op games take several hours to complete.

Strategy: Solo is easy.

There are certain strategies that need to be excelled in order to combine zombie hordes before taking them out. Eg: Call of the dead strategy using VR11, Trap strategies for Five as there are no high round insta-kill wonder weapons. So definitely co-op is tough on that. COTD solo is an exception for solo as there is no insta kill wonderweapon for solo.

Lag: Solo is easy

Most people encounter lag in co-op games early than in solo. I have occasionally seen lag in call of the dead and some other maps specially in black ops when you reach 30 plus rounds for co-op. I don't remember if this is the case for black ops 2. Although someone pointed out that lag is directly related to usage of box, more you spin the box, more lag you get. This is why lot of high round people stick with effective trap strategies or rely on max ammo drops during boss rounds instead of excessively using mystery box.

Boredom: Co-op is easy.

We all know co-op can be played with friends and randoms, so there are things happening spontaneously example someone going down and being revived, although it is challenging to revive, it keeps you on your toes and it is less boring. In solo, even if you are a good player it is dead boring to repeat the same thing over and over again.

Based on some of the above things you can conclude what is easy for you.

Sorry about the poor structure of the post. I had a heavy lunch and need to stay awake.

Solo by far but really its a totally different game than co op. For me the main difference is set up. A co op game since I usally play randoms I try to get set up asap since I dont know when I might have to carry a round or revive people. Solo Im usally good for 10 rounds before I have to panic on perks.

Edit

And nothing I said is accounting for origins. Thats a whole different set of rules there.

In my opinion Solo is easier and more chance of getting a leaderboard score because on multiplayer if someone goes down and you try to get them but are unable to and they die sometimes they leave (rage quit) this can be annoying and not count on leaderboards i enjoy playing with randoms and friends but they need to have mics so that you can talk about the game good communication is key when playing Zombies on multiplayer.

I find Co-op to be more fun, but Solo is alot easier and that can make somebody like solo or co-op more depending on their playstyle. 
Honestly, the ratio of co-op/solo games I've played in my Zombies career would at least have to be 15/1. No matter what map, or how many other players there are I simply cannot choose Solo over Co-op otherwise Solo for me gets really boring past round 30. 

You pretty much nailed it Jarhead. Solo does tend to be boring. But to some people that pursuit high rounds as their passion or a challenge, it might be fun. For example a round 100 on Buried or ascension does not give same satisfaction as a Round 100 on Origins or Shangri la or a round 200 on Kino. Solo speaking.

Speed runs are a different animal. They are actually most fun for solo because you are on the buzzer.

I admitI have not made a high round run in a long time because of amount of time it takes and partially due to boredom. However it is not always boring. Let's take origins for example, That map has a mind of its own. You are never too careful on that map. Getting a 100 on that map deserves an achievement.