Solo Vs Online

What do you guys think is easier? I believe solo is harder when you have a good team when playing online. but when I actually go play online I go down a lot more often then when playing solo.

I also get more frustrated playing online because I guess Im kind of a kill whore(I do have common curtesy not to kill the zombies you trained though) so when playing online I kind of rush or go to areas that aren't very safe and end up dying. I also am kind of to polite. Which usually makes me get stuck with some of the hardest spots to train like power on tranzit or b23r on die rise since I don't speak up when someone takes my usual training spot. I also try to go to spots that get the most kills. a good example of this would be the elevator key hallway where you have to use the trample steam to get to.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends, but in general, solo is easiest to me.

Online with unknowledgeable players is a disaster. I will try not to take charge, which results in me listening to people argue over competitively bad ideas...

I am a natural leader and have friends that recognize that I know what I am doing and so will take my advice over their own whims and those make for great games. I listen and learn from them too, as any good leader should.

I need alone time and zombies is great for that, but the camaraderie of an mp zombies game is good for the soul as well.

I have baz (bad at zombies friend), whom I split-screen with. He is so bad that our games tend to end well before round 10 (solo, I kill myself between 30-60 usually), so having another player or two there to help me pick him up definitely improves my split-screen games...

So it is all subjective.

alright, lets say you are playing with 3 shotgun rank players. Is it still easier to play solo or online? Yea rank might not define a player but for this example lets just say it does.

in my opinion online is easier because you can have unlimited downs as long as your buddy doesn't go down with you. plus the zombies are split so there are less zombies for you to hoarde up. in theory online is easier, in practice I can get much father on solo.

alright, lets say you are playing with 3 shotgun rank players. Is it still easier to play solo or online? Yea rank might not define a player but for this example lets just say it does.

in my opinion online is easier because you can have unlimited downs as long as your buddy doesn't go down with you. plus the zombies are split so there are less zombies for you to hoarde up. in theory online is easier, in practice I can get much father on solo.

I still feel solo would go to a higher round. But this is hypothetical/academic.

Edit: honestly, it might well depend on the players. Some here would do better, farther, in a group, while others would do better solo.

is anyone else tired of holding the last zombie on rounds 12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27, oh finaly they all went down now i can not stop killing till someone quits.

This is my only problem with playing online. Learn how to hit the box during a round or buy a friggen wall gun for the love of god.

I do hold zombies for ONLY bathroom break. Otherwize as soon as i see em, i kill em.

You can play Solo online you know....

I know what you mean though. Personally I'm stronger at solo play, but as others said, co-op is good for morale and keeping things from getting too boring. I get less downs on solo and higher rounds. Eh, I use Solo to build K-D mostly, stopped trying for high rounds cause there's so many glitchers on the leaderboards.

I'll be honest though, I'm starting to get a little more picky about the people I play with...

Well solo is different then local.... (solo is still online technically)

And I can honestly say local mode SUCKS! I played origional the other day and its all out of wack... I'm not sure if it's because the player's hit boxes are bigger or if the zombies run faster or if it's just because they can spawn in at almost any part of the map... Any way: It's bad! Nothing like normal solo mode....

I'd prefer a two or more match however... Simply because I like to assist team mates and makes getting the kraus Refibulator all the more better to use...

yeah i think we are mixing up terminology or something.

solo can be played online

multiplayer is played online

i ONLY play online, never local, doesn't seem worth it to me.

i probably prefer solo for the sole fact that it is faster. i know what im going to do, how many points i need, etc. if i need a break i can pause, but otherwise i am killing zombies and fast.

is someone goes down/dies on round 25, or even 20 on multiplayer, sometimes that can take a while to get them back in the game, have them camp and get points while someone trains, hold a zomb, get set back up, etc...it can be a pain.

i have a steady team that i play with, there are 3 of us, we have a schedule almost lol. that is great, and we usually pick up a friend or a random 4th. so i have no worries with regards to skill level of my team, it just games can get dragged out sometimes.

Well this is the general zombies discussion so I didn't think I needed to make clear that I was talking about zombies and not the multiplayer where you play against other players with guns and different maps like hijacked. and I don't think anybody would really play local instead of solo when local doesn't affect their stats unless they don't have an internet connection, so I didn't think I had to make that clear either. srry for all the confusion I caused. :roll:

whoa there friend!

i wasn't talking about cod regular multiplayer at all.

"solo vs. online"

solo can be played online or off (local)

probably should have went with "solo vs. multiplayer"

just sayin' cause i was confused at first but did get the gist of it.

i think the posters here are turning me into a grammar nazi! ... m.m.must...res..sist!

whoa there friend!

i wasn't talking about cod regular multiplayer at all.

"solo vs. online"

solo can be played online or off (local)

probably should have went with "solo vs. multiplayer"

just sayin' cause i was confused at first but did get the gist of it.

i think the posters here are turning me into a grammar nazi! ... m.m.must...res..sist!

It isn't just you, many forums have grammer nazis and not just this one. and you weren't the only person to say something. Its just that I know I can be a little confusing at times, but I spend enough time trying to right good essays in ap english to worry about it on here. and common sense can save a lot of trouble most of the time lol.

Only thing with online is everyone is so sensitive.

For example 1 time I was playing with a guy and we had a white rapists round (or jumping jacks :P ) and all was good it was round 22,23 or so. All a sudden a guy shoots, so this guy I was playing with wants this "free perk" ofc. Next thing you know the guy's going crazy and going off on the guy who shot and then the other guy was defending the guy who shot and said "its just a game" then the other guys like "you talking shit?" and I'm thinking in my head " :roll: " then he's said I'm gonna quit because of this asshole or something, I don't remember. I then said wait... how many perks do you have? He said 5............ :| :| :| biggest smh of any call of duty game I've played.

Even though I'm immature at times, this takes the cake. It's ridiculous. Takes the fun away from the game. You can't always have it your way people. :lol:

The Joker couldn't of said it better himself though. Why so serious?!

Well, in Coop the zombies split up. Instead of 24 you get 6. If you die, people can revive you over and over. If you bleed out, you can still continue. But it's still harder. It's the randomness in the behaviour of your teammates. It is the dude, that places his trample steam for crawlers in a way, that it kicks you out of bounds when you accidentially jump on it. It's the guy that refuses to assemble his part. It's the guy that leads his max train to you. It's the guy that kills the crawler, while you are on the toilet. It's the guy not covering his spawn point in round 2. It's also the randomness of the game itself: Instead of 2, the game sends 6 crawlers to your location, at once, while you were sitting in a corner and can't escape.

Solo is just way more predictable and therefore easier.

why do you make life difficult? :o

Haha! Sorry man, I was just a little confused when I saw the tittle... wasn't sure if you meant to say Solo vs Co-op OR online vs offline... It's not a big deal at all, just pointing it out. Excuse my technicalities :roll:

its just there are at least 2 people before you commenting about that.

• 2 weeks later...