New Mode ideas

Well with Blops 2 introducing new modes apart from the vanilla Survival mode and continuing to add to that with the new "Turned" mode, what new modes would you like to see? How would it be played? I'm curious to know what you guys have in mind if you had the chance to make zombies yours.

So lets hear it CoDz! :)

For me personally, I'd like to see a "Horde" mode of sorts that works just like NML, available for every map and the ENTIRE map, at that. I think it would give a fresh feel to how zombies is played if rounds were turned off, and the amount of zombies just increases. Players would have the options to customize the health of zombies in the pre-game lobby, (Minicule, Normal or Alpha, so the equivelent of either Round 5, 15 or 30 zombies). as well as toggle the option for power-ups and/or perks. I like to think of it as Zombies version of a "Hardcore" mode.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how it would be implemented, being as it typically happens every five or six rounds. But as a variation of turned mode, I think it would be neat to play as some of the bosses (hellhounds, jumping jacks, space monkies etc.) I mean c'mon, how much fun would it be killing that annoying Marlton with.... George Romero! (Insert devious smirk here)

I'm not sure how it would be implemented, being as it typically happens every five or six rounds. But as a variation of turned mode, I think it would be neat to play as some of the bosses (hellhounds, jumping jacks, space monkies etc.) I mean c'mon, how much fun would it be killing that annoying Marlton with.... George Romero! (Insert devious smirk here)

Pentagon Thief and Shrieker Zombie would be amazing to play as with their speed.

Score/Kill based mode. It would be just like Survival, however there would be a Round limit of say 10 or 20 Rounds. You have to either be the person with the most points, or the person with the most kills. After the last Round (10 or 20, could be customized) is completed, the game will end with the scores like normal. However one person will be declared winner while the others will lose, like Grief.

If it was just one mode with a hybrid of both, and one person got highest score while the other got highest kills, than both would be declared winners. If one person got both accolades, than I imagine they would get some sort of reward or bonus (which could be used for the next game, depending if there was a reward, and what the reward would be).

• Administrators

As said already, I'd really enjoy a Hoard-type of mode. Y'know, where you can endure a countless wave of zombies with no rounds, but only the basic statistics as your reference point. A clock could be implemented as well to further how long you can survive the nightmare.

The system could be quite similar to No Man's Land (like you said, Undead), having one random perk machine drops. But what will make this mode different is that if you choose to go into a Public lobby, there will be four "quadrants" that players can play on, with each player in their own section. Gates will by connected to each side, whee a player can access a lever to open the gate if and only if the other player on their side hits the switch as well. This will allow for two quadrants to be opened to one another briefly so players can either switch areas or combine together to endure. If you choose to join forces, you risk running twice the zombies in a very small and confined area.

Weapons will be small and select. This may vary depending on what seems adjustable, but everyone could start off with the usual M1911 and have an Olympia or M14 in every quadrant. One lucky quadrant will get their hands on the Mystery Box, and it will rotate after ever 3-5 hits to allow everyone a chance for new weapons. This allows for every player to have guaranteed ammo-replenishing.

As far as perk machines go, each quadrant has their own perk machine. For example, let's say Q1 contains Double Tap II, Q2 with Speed Cola, Q3 with Juggernog, and Q4 with Quick Revive. Players must access the gates to get to one another's perk machines, or they can wait for the machines to rotate to different quadrants (sort of like a random slot machine with perks). Implement all perk machines in Black Ops II, and voila - randomness up the wahzoo.

Pack-a-Punch can be found in the center of all this. In order to open it up, all players must access a switch within a 10-second timeframe. Once done, a small area will arise in the center and act as a safe haven for around 30 seconds. Players will have enough time (hopefully) to Pack-a-Punch whatever they need, and then be sent into the wave of zombies waiting in their quadrants. How the zombies will not camp outside the PaP entryway, beats me. Perhaps the game will force the zombies to run different directions upon entering the area much similar to Five's Pack-a-Punch room.

Capture The Flag-

Much like Grief with two teams of 4. Each team starts around their flag in an area that is wide and clear of debris. There is a central door that divides the two teams' areas. Zombies all spawn from windows on either side of this door and rush towards the players. The zombies would spawn aggressively, immediately fast and numerous and as soon as at least one zombie manages to cross the flag zone, the central door opens giving players access to their opposition's flag to grab and return for a capture. Each side will be granted 2 perks that differ from the opposition's, a mystery box, basic wall weapons (to include the B23R, Olympia, and M14) and 1500 points to begin the match. Players will have about 2 minutes before the door opens and they're swamped with Zombies. When the zombies are killed off on either side the door closes and the round changes, if any opposing players are trapped on their opponent's side when the round changes they will become downed and their teamates must wait until the door opens for a chance to revive them. If they aren't revived, they become a spectator until the match is complete. 3 Successful captures or all players on a team dead ends the match. What would be your strategy? Train/Horde zombies so the opposition can't reach your flag? Lure players over and end the round hoping they won't be revived in time? Rush for the flag and try to get the captures? End rounds quickly so the other team can't handle the hordes? Plenty of options...

EDIT: the 2 minutes prior to the door opening is meant as a normal circumstance, not necessarily a rule. The door would be linked to a Zombie breaking some imaginary plane just in front of the team flag. Thus another strategy would be to kill all zombies before they cross the plane, waiting for the other team to actually trigger the door, when your path to their side would be clear and you may have an easy capture, but the opposition could counter this by not killing any zombies, to which you would be running into a huge crowd on their side. The nuances and various strategies to such a mode would make this highly replayable and require strong teamwork and skilled players.

It should also be noted that the random initial perks are different from your opposition, so in order to acquire all four you'd have to venture on the other side and risk a down. This would require timing and skill to successfully gain the perks you desire.

King of the Hill-

Any map will work, but there is a central area that is designated as "The Hill". Players will have access to perks, mystery box, and various wall weapons throughout the map. Doors can be purchased to gain access to other areas and a moving mystery box. Once a player is in "The Hill" for a certain amount of time, he becomes the King of that area. The object here is to hold the area as long as possible. Matches will be timed, say 10 minutes and will start on a typical round 5 for 4 players. If a player leaves the zone for whatever reason, i.e. needs to hit the box, needs ammo, just trains too far out of the area, the zone will become neutral. If a player is downed, they will revive after they bleed out at their initial spawn location and surrender all perks/guns. In a 10 minute game, one down will most likely spell disaster. Some strategies that could be utilized is to amass a huge train and just lead them into "The Hill" in hopes of overloading the "King". A more useful strategy might be to just bide your time, amass points and ignore "The Hill" until the other players all get downed, then, because the rounds are high, try to hold the "The Hill" hoping that the other players won't be able to compete with no firepower. This mode would require a great deal of skill in Training/Hording.

Didn't notice that thread. Looks like the last post on it was a month ago, so I guess this would be more of a revival thread.

Speaking of options for game modes, I'd like to see an option for turning on various "special" zombies. Whether you roll with the regular zombies only, or spice it up and add some familar zombies like the Shrieker or Napalm into the mix.

Here's an idea I had: (copied and pasted from my old thread)

Game Mode Name: Territory

Description: Players are divided into 2 teams. Start on opposite sides of the map, and must compete for areas of the map as well as reasources(pack a punch, perks, and the box). Enemy players can shoot each other, making it hard to capture an enemies base. If an enemy is downed within your teams base, then they are captured and must be rescued ( I haven't worked out every detail, this idea is open to changes). I haven't exactly figured out the rest, like how to capture perks or other resources, but you get the basic idea

For my "demonic anouncer" idea, don't worry I will NOT be repeating that one...

But here are some ideas for new modes:

Marathon: No breaks, just constant zombie's getting harder and harder every few hundred kills.... (Might work better as a option in custom games)

Reversed bosses: For die rise, nova jumpers zombies will spawn every normal round, and special rounds will consist of normal zombies (Again, might work better as an option)

Roulet: A wheel determines which side of four players plays as humans, and the other as zombies, every round it may switch!

Tick Tock!: In die rise, have an endless swarm of zombies appear comming from the dragon's roof area, there is also a nukelear device here, the goal is to get from spawn, all the way to the nuke and defuse it before the timer runs out... Once you defuse one, another will appear elsewhere on the map and the zombies get harder! (4 players!) *Note death/going down, will only bring you back to spawn, the only way to die is to run out of time, you also loose perks when you die...

Do it again!: This mode will be released after the final dlc, when all the nav card tables and Easter eggs are compleat... Starting from tranzit, you alone, or with four freinds will work through tranzit after round 10 a timer will apear: You will then try to build the nav card table and use it, otherwise you won't get the bonus :D ! When you DO build/use it, it will stop the game and say: Stage one compleat, total kills: ---- downs: ----- revives: ---- headshots: ----- Nav card bonus points: ---

Then you will be transported to Die rise and start the process over again with someone at the end either running out of time on round 15 or someone builds the nav card reader... Which will take them to the third map, which in turn, will take them to the fourth, and finnaly the last map... After the last map the game ends like this:

If you all died in the process of this, your score is forfeited and the game is considered a "loss"...

If you do win however your scores are all added up: +1point for each kill, -50 points for each down, +10 points for each revive, and an extra 2 points for each headshot... The big way to earn points is to use the nav card bonus, for each peice added you receive 10 points, and 15 points for using the device...

After round 5, aka presumed final map, the game ends... If no one ever used a nav card table to teleport, then the rounds would look like this:

1-10 tranzit

10-15 die rise

15-20 ****

20-25 ****

25-30 ****

Fin

Meaning the highest round possible would be round 30...

If you take first,(point wise) you "win" the match, if you take second, third, or fourth, you neither win, or lose, but your score is added to your "lifetime score" listed under leaderboards, showing how good the games are you've compleated.

Basicly the more you play it, the more the score goes up.. The higher the score, the better you look! Of course you don't get any score for losses...

When you teleport you keep your guns, grenades, round, and character, but not peices or perks... Those you must by at each map... The peices can't be kept either so you don't automatically get points the nest stage... There are no buildables as well I should add, apart from the nav car reader!

And that is my list of predictions! :D

I just thought of an idea. I think we should have more 4v4 modes. Grief is great, but I think instead of getting another Grief level, we should get a new mode. It'd be refreshing.

I think we should get a Team Deathmatch mode. It's four versus four. You spend the game killing each other to get the most kills. Whichever teams has the most kills is the winner. Of course, this would require a big map for it to really be effective. Also, zombies are attacking the entire time. So it would be different than standard multiplayer. It'd be like Team Deathmatch, just "zombiefied". Every time you die, you spawn with a M1911, a random weapon, and one random Perk. If you can survive long enough, you can buy other things. The reason for the free gun and Perk is so you have fighting chance. Also, the Box, guns, and all Perks are free. They would have to be, because getting enough points to get to the Box is not a problem. The problem is getting to the Box and getting a gun out before dying. Also, the game would get harder and harder since the zombies would get harder. Also, zombies would count as quarter-kills. Every four zombies you kill equals one human.

Just a thought.

I just thought of an idea. I think we should have more 4v4 modes. Grief is great, but I think instead of getting another Grief level, we should get a new mode. It'd be refreshing.

I think we should get a Team Deathmatch mode. It's four versus four. You spend the game killing each other to get the most kills. Whichever teams has the most kills is the winner. Of course, this would require a big map for it to really be effective. Also, zombies are attacking the entire time. So it would be different than standard multiplayer. It'd be like Team Deathmatch, just "zombiefied". Every time you die, you spawn with a M1911, a random weapon, and one random Perk. If you can survive long enough, you can buy other things. The reason for the free gun and Perk is so you have fighting chance. Also, the Box, guns, and all Perks are free. They would have to be, because getting enough points to get to the Box is not a problem. The problem is getting to the Box and getting a gun out before dying. Also, the game would get harder and harder since the zombies would get harder. Also, zombies would count as quarter-kills. Every four zombies you kill equals one human.

Just a thought.

Good idea. I would add a mechanic that after every round the players respawn at their starting locations, keeping their guns/perks that they've obtained, but just like a MP match counts down before the match starts, so would the new round. This way you could add the strategy of players just killing zombies to change rounds and also limit the gameplay so a match would last for x number of rounds, pre-determined before the match.

That would allow the players a choice of playing defensively by surviving the zombies and possibly not getting as many points, but ensuring that they don't risk the guns/perks they've obtained, or playing offensively and going after the humans throwing caution to the wind in regards to surviving the horde.

Another great addition to this would be scorestreaks, but the humans are immune to them, so you can't lightning strike your opposition, but you can wipe out an entire horde. Probably could keep the standard MP point system, 100 for a human kill, 25 for a zombie kill, regardless of how (no amp for a melee kill to a zombie), and also give the zombies a finite amount of health and only increase their numbers and speed with each new round.

Just a thought.

nice, this would definetly help to stop the camping lol

I came up with this idea a while back. Good times. One of my proudest moments.

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/view ... 1&p=231474

Ok so here's how it goes:

There are no points in this mode. No juggernog (or any other perks) here! It is a free-for-all style game, as everyone stands alone. Everyone exists in their own "world", as they are on the same map but can't see or interact with any other players. The rounds don't get any more difficult or longer.

The main point is that every round, the mystery box jingle plays at the beginning and the weapon in your hand cycles through. Then it lands on a weapon, which all players must use in order to last the longest. The weapon changes every round.

The zombies have the health of about level 15-20 zombies. Rounds have a time limit. If Tou cant kill your zombies before tge tine runs out you are elininated. This is to prevsnt that one troll from training for 2 hours until everyone else who already finished goes completely insane.The weapons that are chosen can only be "crazy" weapons. For example:

Claymores

China lake

Crossbow

Ballistic knife

LAW

Grim Reaper

Mustang and Sally

Raygun

Vr-11

Frags/Semtex

CZ75

dragunov

L96A1

PhD flopper (tee hee hee)

Notice that I didn't include mass-kill wonderweapons like the dg-2 or thundergun. That would be too easy. I suppose a raygun would be too, but the idea is only in its adolescence. It is sort of like the sharpshooter of zombies. Any ideas? Feedback? Comments?

And this is what I added to it...

^^^ well I didn't do that in order to avoid people chucking grenades at each other or stealing kills. I want it to be "who can last the longest" not "who can get their opponents killed first," how about this.

All players exist in the same world on the same map, so yes, you can see each other. Lets say 100 zombies spawn. 25 go to each player if there are four for example. 25 of the zombies have blue eyes, 25 have white, 25 have yellow, and 25 have green. Only the player with the matching colour can inflict damage on that zombie colour. Also the only zombie's who attack you are the ones that match your colour.

For example, you start with a crossbow. You are Nikolai (blue). You try to hit a blue eyed zombie but miss and it hits a green one.the explosive bolt goes through the green zombie leaving it totally unharmed. The explosion only harms nearby blue eyed ones as well.

Also players can't see nor interact with any opponent players' explosives. We don't want anyone trying to steal some kills by throwing a grenade again and have them end up overcooking it. Your mistakes and your mistakes alone are what must get you killed, not other players.

P.S. if a player dies, the same amount of zombies still come. For example if 25 came for you at first but 2 people died on the same round, now there are 2 left so 50 will come to you. The zombie number cap still exists.

P.P.S. This isn't really a 4z4 mode is it? It's more like a zombie's wager match or party game mode which are rumored to exist.

P.P.S.H. (see what I did there ;) ) how does 3 -5 minutes sound for a round time? The fast pace will keep it going. Also, in all honesty, 25 zombies isn't a whole lot to handle, epecially if it's only like 10 at a time. However, getting mixed up about whose zombies are who's and not being able to see their eyes will cause some major Armageddon.

In retrospect points would be good for this mode. I don't know why I chose to remove them. I guess all you can really buy are perks...

Meat War

Basically, it's like Grief, except one team has the tainted meat. There are no barriers, only M1911's for weapons, and zombies can spawn instantly. A player on the team with the meat can throw the meat at the other team, making the zombies gather around them. Likewise, the team that gained the meat can throw it right back. Basically, it's like a game of catch, except with murderous zombies everywhere.

Ooooooohhhh YOU GUYS ARE GONA LOVE THIS!

Ok this is a VERY special seceret mode that is ONLY avaible to a player who has compleated the WHOLE master Easter egg for either maxis or richtofen!

Gamemode: Carry on...

Basicly this mode is a MASSIVE war between the maxis servants and richtofen slaves! If you did the Easter eggs for richtofen your awarded with a blue aura and play for the blue team and if you did maxis you get the same thing, but with red! (that keeps bothering me, maxis always seemed like a blue type of guy, but if his spires are red, so be it...)

It's a HUGE map, but it will be an 8 person map... There must be some kind of mechanism we can use, even if it's a server, to improve lag problems...

A whole new map area called "the past" will be used here...

Basicly some of the most important bits of each of the maps will be combined into one super map! So maybe the diner, the left half of nuketown, and the budda room will all be together..

Map wise your going to spawn in the mist in the middle of nowhere.. Alone... Your given 1:00 to find an area... (There are no denizens here btw)... Wander a bit until you find a place you know, Weither it be a hole in the floor that leads to the elevator shaft from die rise, or the spire from tranzit, and hold off there, after round 2 you can gain better weapons and will have another 1:00 to wander...

Eventually your going to find someone who ISNT on your side of the war however... Meaning a maxis servant found a richtofen slave or vice versa, and then the hunt begins! Kill the opposing player by either having the zombies do it for you, or taking them out like they were a round 20 zombie...

Buildables are avaible, such as the trample steam and the jet gun, and everything you need to KICK ASHes of those who you destroy....

Note: Everyone respawns the following round, with all their equipment and weapons, but no perks...

Which ever team survives the longest wins!

Oh and one more thing: There are perks to being a part of maxis or richtofen's group... Maxis's group has more technological advantages, such as teleporters and the ability to have turbines before the power is turned on, (which it is at some point by one team or another) and access shortcuts ony avaible to those with a turbine: Be carefull a richtofen slave doesn't pick yours up!

However richtofen has the ability to last-ditch his team by turning them into one zombie after death: Thus the turned controls come to action... Like wise he also allows perma perks to be earned durring the game, but only durring the game! Meaning having quicker-revive before entering the game is useless... Note: If a maxis slave manages to kill you before you fade out, you will not return as a zombie, also there are no nameplates for who your hitting: Make sure it's an opposing team mate...

In short this mode is a special unlocked mode after all the zombie Easter eggs after the last dlc... Once in a game your on a huge mixture of all the maps, constantly on the lookout for better weapons, perks, and equipment/buildables to make it easier to fight zombies, and more importantly, rival teammates... I beleive it was the walking dead who said: Kill the dead, fear the living... Last team standing wins! Then we truely see who's better: Maxis or Richtofen!