DEAD HIGH is fake - Orientation = photoshop BS

so I was really unsure as whether to post this or not. we have a future zombies section. some possible information towards a future zombies map has made itself apparent. perhaps this is all an exercise in whether we should have a future zombies section. regardless, I'm going to present the information I've seen. I love this site, and if this in anyway viewed as harming the sites integrity please take care of it. :mrgreen:

DEAD HIGH

Possible Significance:

1. the overall color theme is blue. including the brackets around the map name. this could be an allusion to water, and thus - MAYBE - an Atlantis map.

2. there is a map called "water" - vague name, but could indeed be a nod towards Atlantis.

3. Orientation - now this can have several tie in's to our story

a. orientation can refer to a function of the mind. perhaps playing into Samuel.

b. orientation can refer to the architectural style of facing or "orienting" churches towards the east.

b1. also orientation can refer to the position of a building with respect to the sun

c. orientation can also be seen as "navigation" - which could be used as a nautical term

nothing too groundbreaking. regardless, just trying to get the future zombies section talking about future zombies rather then "what we'd like to see from future zombies".

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note new weapon as well. Looks like a sniper.

It reminded me of either a Swat-556 or FAL OSW, of course with a sniper scope,

I honestly believe it's fake. Way too soon after the first DLC. And the "Left 4 Dead" style hand doesn't sit well with me.

And "Plane"? Unless they were too lazy to make a name, which we know 3arc can be pretty creative, I can't see this as a real DLC.

Note new weapon as well. Looks like a sniper.

It reminded me of either a Swat-556 or FAL OSW, of course with a sniper scope,

I honestly believe it's fake. Way too soon after the first DLC. And the "Left 4 Dead" style hand doesn't sit well with me.

And "Plane"? Unless they were too lazy to make a name, which we know 3arc can be pretty creative, I can't see this as a real DLC.

Haha yeah "plane" and "water" sound like serious map names :lol: .

The screen shot of the setup sure looks legit as far as how its very similar to the format of the first DLC announcement.

I however am leaning heavily to fake on this one. Someone did a very nice job at using treyarch images from the last DLC poster, adding in new images and redesigning them to make it look like DLC#2.

Main reasons why I think its fake is that it seems way too early for something like this to leak out. others are that the map names just don't jive in my mind. A multiplayer map named "water"? Dosn't seem like a legit call of duty map name to me, especially when the last DLC had a map named "Hydro".

Although having a Call of Duty map set under water would be pretty badass different if they set it up correctly. Reminds me a bit of a Bioshock setting with some pathways in the glass conduits surrounded by water. But anyways underwater for a zombie map would be a great idea as well. One they haven't really done yet. Either underground facility similar to "Rapture" in Bioshock, or some type of large submarine.

Anyways back to my thoughts on it being Fake. What also doesn't seem to mesh in my mind much is the zombie map name, "Dead High". It just seems too similar to Die Rise. You can argue that it connotates to some previous maps that seem to be part of the zombie story line, in that words relating to "Ascension" and rising seem to be a partial theme. We saw the word "Ascension" on the walls in the original maps. We had the "Ascension" map in BO1, and we went up to the Moon.

Rising and Ascending are integral to Call of Duty Zombies story line. SO one could aruge that Dead High makes sense, but it just seems way too similar to its predecessor map, "Die Rise". That is a large reason why I am not buying it. Plus the zombie hand seems way too generic for a promo. Its very similar to the Left 4 Dead box art.

Lastly the name of the DLC just doesn't seem like a legit name to me. "orientation" is a person/place/thing's relative position to something else. I could be off, but Orientation just doesn't fit well in my mind for the name of a Call of Duty DLC name. We remember that when using the first letter of all DLCs from BO1 we got the word, "FEAR". If this is true then the first two letters would be "RO". I can't think of many 4 letter words that make much sense starting with "RO".

Thats my thoughts on this. Very well put together image, but still I see it as fake. Too early for the leak, and just something off about the map names.

• Moderators

Is it just me or are the names of the maps terrible. (Ever since Moon.)

Besides that. I am pretty sure this is fake. It just looks to "goofy".

And another thing: Why is it allowed to post this?

Isn't this considered to be a leak? (Even if it is fake.)

Correct me if I am wrong.

Nothing against you Grill.

I am just a bit confused.

:P

Is it just me or are the names of the maps terrible. (Ever since Moon.)

Besides that. I am pretty sure this is fake. It just looks to "goofy".

And another thing: Why is it allowed to post this?

Isn't this considered to be a leak? (Even if it is fake.)

Correct me if I am wrong.

Nothing against you Grill.

I am just a bit confused.

:P

nothing taken, Lenne. a wise question indeed. to be perfectly honest, i kind of posted this is as an experiment in determining whether we need this Future Zombies section. if it's only going to attract information in this regard - should it even exist?

and yes, the map names are terrible. I think they are a total give away of the fake-ness. ALSO for the zombie map, the background is pretty much identical to Die Rise's background from it's promotional poster.

like i said, if this is detrimental to the well being of the site then please take it down. the last thing I want is to cater leaks - but I'm hoping this will open up a larger conversation regarding the "need" for a Future Zombies section (which is what I was hinting at in the OP):

perhaps this is all an exercise in whether we should have a future zombies section.

I don't like bursting any bubbles.

This is FAKE or from what I think

1. The hand: We have seen it before

It looks Pretty similar.. right? Why would Treyarch put a similar Left 4 Dead hand on their poster.. It just doesn't make sense.

2. The names

Why would they name it Dead High? The name sounds pretty bland and with the sky scrapers in the background... Looks the same has the die rise map... maybe if its a highschool or something? I dont know!

Also water is in the same place that hydro is.. Treyarch wouldn't do that either!

If this is the new map pack I'm going to be pretty disappointed with the name.

But thanks for brining this up I have heard a TON of confusion from well.. every zombie player.

This is also why I Love Zombies, because WE the players get to figure out what map it is and the story.

I guess we just have to wait but right now I think this is a fake poster.

yeah this is fake, but i just found a leak, it is uber top secrets....see screenshot

this is going to be the most amazing map evar. it looks to be set in disney world, but may be disney land, im not sure. you can see the zomehs eyes are glowing green signifying he is being controlled by Dr. Goofy, EPIC!

yeah this is fake, but i just found a leak, it is uber top secrets....see screenshot

this is going to be the most amazing map evar. it looks to be set in disney world, but may be disney land, im not sure. you can see the zomehs eyes are glowing green signifying he is being controlled by Dr. Goofy, EPIC!

9/10, would buy. :lol:

Just designed by some Xbox kiddie who is bored of Revolution already. PS3 and PC don't even have it yet, the leaks never happen this early.

But I gotta agree with Lenne. Even if it is fake, it should be locked right away to avoid spreading, confusion, and people thinking its real. (No offence Grill)

I personally believe this is fake, but I thank undead for not locking it down.

If there were an Atlantis map, we all know what they'd try to do. Incorporate something like the PES allowing us to play under water. Essentially it would recreate the limited mobility and low-gravity sensations of moon, but with less visibility. I for one dislike that idea, and think lots would agree that it would be too tedious to go from place to place in that environment. (tranzit fog + moon zero-G = unhappy fans.) I doubt treyarch would risk something like that ater tranzit's response.

The idea of "ascension" IS prevalent in zombies, but enough so that two consecutive maps can have nearly identical names? Lolnope.

I just feel that it seems kind of fishy that the picture is taken from the same angle as the first one did. from what I heard the poster that showed die rise coming was taken from an employee at gamestop or something like that. What are the odds that someone else got a poster extremely early of the next map pack and took a pic at the same angle.