Newest update...

Megaton A

I don't think they will need an actual patch for this. They will probably just hotfix it and delete the leaderboard scores for those who abused this bug. At least it is somewhat manageable though. It doesn't completely ruin TranZit, but it does a really good job of making me not want to play it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they will need an actual patch for this. They will probably just hotfix it and delete the leaderboard scores for those who abused this bug. At least it is somewhat manageable though. It doesn't completely ruin TranZit, but it does a really good job of making me not want to play it.

I play solo, this sounds quite gamebreaking. I will unplug from xbl until hotfix is in place, though;

1. I bought the season pass, and 2. Treyarch isn't really known for fixing glitches and errors in their games.

I have loved bo2 so far, have almost forgiven them for bo, so I really hope that they get on top of fixing their game for a change...

I hate to sound negative, but they really have sucked.

this fog killing the zombies garbage needs to be patched... Im all for increasing the difficulty... and yes the zombies are slightly faster, and yes I'm getting tapped alot more often as I'm running trains... thats cool I can deal with that. But when a basic fundamental is changed, that just forces you to SLOW DOWN even more on a map as massive as tranzit is just stupid... forcing people to use the bus, forcing people to walk around the fog instead of running to keep a zombie with you, or forcing a team mate to sit around for long long period of time is just simply stupid. In what way does this "update" add any kind of value, fun factor, cool twist or anything other than a negative aspect to the game.... there are lots of other ways to increase the difficulty in the game, forcing people to waste time for no reason what-so-ever is justing showing a lack of testing the patch before it comes out, (the look down and never be hit glitch.. case in point.. wtf)

Before the patch it took at least 10-20 to do PaP depending on where you are on the map, with at least two people... now one person has to do it solo while one dude baby sits... easily doubling the time it takes for a team of 2 to PaP..as someone has to relieve the baby sitter for him to do the same... wtf.

hopefully for the next update they add something usefull like maybe add a filter you can turn off and on when going into a public match to include everyone or only people with mics... because doing this with random split screener's with no mics, has went from "not likely" to "quit now and forget it"

/rant end

chunkym0nk

goddamn it Treyarch.. Did you really have to go and make Tranzit even worse? I hope this IS just a glitch or a mistake that they'll patch soon. I don't even play Tranzit anymore. If Die Rise sucks, I think I'm giving up on BO2 zombies..

-BO1 Zombies for life-

goddamn it Treyarch.. Did you really have to go and make Tranzit even worse? I hope this IS just a glitch or a mistake that they'll patch soon. I don't even play Tranzit anymore. If Die Rise sucks, I think I'm giving up on BO2 zombies..

-BO1 Zombies for life-

I have to ask if you really made it to 203 on NML how the HELL did you manage that?

-BO1 Zombies for life-

I have to ask if you really made it to 203 on NML how the HELL did you manage that?

It takes practice, my friend. It takes practice.

-BO1 Zombies for life-

It takes practice, my friend. It takes practice.

Or maybe a glitch. Sorry 949 not saying you used one but DANG. That just seems impossible. Like playing for 5 days straight. I got to 88 on kino and that took like 35 hours. Think i just died just to get to go to bed. The fire pit trick will always be my first way to go for rounds past 50

Or maybe a glitch. Sorry 949 not saying you used one but DANG. That just seems impossible. Like playing for 5 days straight. I got to 88 on kino and that took like 35 hours. Think i just died just to get to go to bed. The fire pit trick will always be my first way to go for rounds past 50

No... he means 203 kills. There are no rounds in NML.

No... he means 203 kills. There are no rounds in NML.

haha oh. Ive never played it so thats where the brain fart came from. sorry for wastin space lol.

Ok, so I haven't had a chance to play Zombies since the morning the patch came out and I started this thread, but in that game I did go to to round 23 or so and did a lot of running around in the fog. I was thinking about how I would have some zombies respawn a bunch of times, and some/most would just die off and end the round. I was thinking there had to be some kind of pattern or cause to make them die off and not respawn. Then I started thinking about what areas I ran where they did respawn and where they didn't. I think I figured it out;

FIRE.

Zombies that followed me from the bus depot to the diner died. The ones that followed from the diner to farm to died. Farm to power? Died. But when I ran from power to the town the last zombie respawned multiple times. When I ran from the farm to town using the shortcut the last zombie kept respawning... until I got into town and to the bank. Zombies running through areas with no fire would survive.

Again, I haven't had a chance to test this yet, but I think this is the cause. For some reason, Treyarch changed how the fire affects the zombies, and the ones that take fire damage will not respawn like they used to.

Now; theory time. Why would they just randomly change how fire affects the zombies? Why now? Well, my guess (and again, just an educated guess based on what I believe to be the facts) is that the new Wonder Weapon in Die Rise will be flame-based in some way. It makes sense... we've had lightning, wind, freeze ray, a "microwave" effect, a shrink ray... but never a flame-based Wonder Weapon. It seems kind of obvious, really. What was one of the biggest gun requests for Zombies in Black Ops? The flamethrower. I could be wrong, but I think we're getting a flame weapon in a couple days...

Definitely sounds like a good idea, makes alot of sense too. I'm kind of curious though if they would have changed how the zombies are affected by fire, or rather what determines if a zombie respawns. Such as if a zombie has taken X amount of damage then die rather than respawn. And in these circumstances the zombie following you received X amount of damage from traversing the lava on those paths.

Definitely sounds like a good idea, makes alot of sense too. I'm kind of curious though if they would have changed how the zombies are affected by fire, or rather what determines if a zombie respawns. Such as if a zombie has taken X amount of damage then die rather than respawn. And in these circumstances the zombie following you received X amount of damage from traversing the lava on those paths.

Yeah, that's the thing... I'm not sure exactly how these mechanics work or what exactly the patch changed. As you say, if it was some formula based on how much damage the zombie had taken, perhaps the update slightly increased how much damage fire does to zombies, and that put it over the threshold of "will not respawn when X distance from the player". If that is the case, this could be easily fixed by just increasing the damage threshold for respawns enough to compensate.

Edit; another possibility is that the programming was done with "damage by player" vs "damage by environment" determining whether the zombies would respawn. It could be that since no gun in TranZit (that I'm aware of) primarily deals fire damage, all fire was considered by the game to be "damage by environment", making zombies who had taken fire damage respawn. If there's a flame weapon or trap in Die Rise that would have had to have been changed, resulting in the mess we have in TranZit now.

Regardless, I'm really finding it hard to believe that the effect was implemented for TranZit. It's just far too exploitable. I'm pretty sure I was the first person to post about this change, and one of the first replies to this thread is someone wondering if it could be exploited for high rounds. If they implemented this patch because they wanted to make running around in TranZit more difficult, you would think Treyarch themselves would have considered how exploitable it would be since it took the community all of about 5 minutes to realize it. I dunno, maybe I'm giving Treyarch too much credit, but I think this patch was meant for something in Die Rise and it inadvertently changed a key mechanic in TranZit.

Actually, another possibility is that the patch needed to be implemented for something in Die Rise and they fully realized that it would be exploitable in TranZit, but they had to get the patch off to Microsoft so it could be certified in time for the Die Rise release. Perhaps they didn't have time to fix the TranZit mechanics for it, and they just figured that they would add that fix in with the next patch.

And I'm kind of irritated. First of all, it kicked me and a friend both off of Live (and out of the game) after we just finished taking about 30,000 points out of the bank. Yeah, that stuff happens with game updates... not a really big deal but still irritating. So, he goes to bed and I decide to try and get my points back. But 3Arc is screwing with the game mechanics now. It seems you can no longer leave a zombie and go running around the map to do what you need to do... because they apparently just randomly die and end the round now, regardless of whether you have damaged them or not.

I say random because I haven't been able to figure out a pattern to it. Round 6, I have one zombie left that I hadn't touched... decide to go running from Farm to the pylon to try the Navcard (figured nothing would happen, I was right... but thought it worth a try)... zombie respawns a couple times along the way, but just about when I get under the pylon the round ends. Do a round, leave 2 zombies, run towards the power station, and halfway there the round ends. Do a round, leave 1, run to Town... he respawns a few times and right now he's still alive in the town. The whole game has been like this. Round 2, leave one zombie, go to the diner, go to check the shed.... round suddenly ends.

I don't get it? Why? Cool, fix glitches. Fix ALL the glitches. But why change the mechanics? I liked being able to leave a zombie, run around, deposit points when I wanted to, get perks, Pack A Punch, ect. It really didn't need to be changed.

After this I don't even know if I'll bother with Revolution, honestly.

i have experienced a change on ps3 too. the denizens are now more aggressive in the sense that u can have one on your head and still get attacked by another, and as you said zombies die now when left unscathed. my workaround is to let a zombie hit a player every now and then and they seem to last longer as they still have "Purpose".

The updates for me have made tranzit a dud. i have done the EE quests and now the game is that much harder? i feel bored with it and frustrated by its design anymore. Idea wise it blew the lid off previous zombies and i hope they continue with the modes innovative new designs but in terms of difficulty I would like a mode that is more focused on actually surviving and killing as apposed to running around with a crawler. just my opinion tho.

Jimmy Tweeted this

We are looking into why zombies are not playing nice on Tranzit recently. Thanks for all the heads up, stay tuned!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZielinskiJimmy/status/295713582937694209

Awesome. Thanks for the head's up... I rarely log onto my Twitter account.

I personally think he's full of shit in implying that they're "looking into" it (I'm really believing more and more than they knew the patch would botch up TranZit, but had to put it out anyways to prepare for Die Rise. Hell, I played for 15 minutes and could tell something was wrong) but it's good to know they're acknowledging that it's unintended. Hopefully it doesn't take long to fix.

all I know it's with her newest update it really wrecked my solo game, faster/ better tracking zombies are doing me in!

See, the fact that they seem faster and seem to swipe faster doesn't bother me. That's a legitimate added challenge. TranZit Green Run is the easiest Zombies map ever... at least for me. You can run trains in front of Farm for days without even trying too hard. Something that adds legitimate difficulty is fine with me. I can adapt. The whole "dying zombies ending the round" thing wasn't making it more difficult in any way... it just made the game more tedious and boring because it takes even longer to get around the map now. And you're pushed into riding the bus around, which means standing around forever waiting for it, then getting on and standing at a window with a zombie on it, repairing it for 5 minutes. That's not difficult, it's just slow, boring, and tedious.

all I know it's with her newest update it really wrecked my solo game, faster/ better tracking zombies are doing me in!

See, the fact that they seem faster and seem to swipe faster doesn't bother me. That's a legitimate added challenge. TranZit Green Run is the easiest Zombies map ever... at least for me. You can run trains in front of Farm for days without even trying too hard. Something that adds legitimate difficulty is fine with me. I can adapt. The whole "dying zombies ending the round" thing wasn't making it more difficult in any way... it just made the game more tedious and boring because it takes even longer to get around the map now. And you're pushed into riding the bus around, which means standing around forever waiting for it, then getting on and standing at a window with a zombie on it, repairing it for 5 minutes. That's not difficult, it's just slow, boring, and tedious.

On tranzit it's not really a problem, yes training at farm i can do blindfolded and it's my favorite spot. i was more talking about solo depot, farm, town, it just seems harder to me, im not a pro though either :(

i am by far not a pro player, but i am definitely a decent player i have always been able to run circles for days and getting to high 20's early 30's is usually nothing.

However since the update I find myself hating this more and more.

I was just on nuketown running circles in the backyard, i had jug, started getting kind of crowded and saw a CLEAR opening between zombies, ran through got hit from a decent distance, saw another hole that i thought was kind of small but had no choice so i ran through and got hit, then a zombie atleast 2-3 running steps away double swats and i go down.

This is ridiculous i never try to get cornered or let my lane get crowded but when it does happen I love to try to dodge and evade hits, and I don't always expect to come out unscathed but with the way its looking if i see zombies 5-6 feet away from me and there's more than 3 of them i might as well just set the control down and say i lost, even with jug.

I love the game and love a challenge, I just think the new aggression is a little too much in some situations. I feel like i don't even get a red screen anymore i go from 1 hit to going down before I can even do anything. And mind you right before the patch i went to rd 26 on nuketown running fine and went down for something stupid and never bought quick revive.

this happend to me erlier, i was playin solo town survival, was about round 28 or summet, & wanted to use the box, wich was at the back, so instead of getin traped in that corner i thought id wait till end of round den i can leave a zombie or crawler, so i did, but literaly few secounds later the crawler died :/ before i even reached the box o.O i no the zombies do die eventauly but this was str8 away, maybe they changed it bcus they no alot of people get everything they need on the eraly rounds by leaving the last zombie, so maybe they wanted to make it more challenging, i havent tried tranzit today yet, but i will in a bit xD & see if this happens there aswell