Trailer Expectations?

LegitimateRage

I expect a trailer, though I enjoyed the WaW and Kino trailers more than BO. Green Run was better.

On the topic of songs, if a duet was done, I suspect it would happen on a map with the O4.

I'd love it if on the map that Sam and Rictofen switch back, the secret song was by the guy, but when the EE was complete and Sam had her body back, another secret song by Elena was triggered. Kind of like Nightmare triggered after completing One Giant Leap.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SMM0: Holy... Shit... You just blew my fucking mind. No, save that amazing thought for the last map, too fucking amazing. I used to love Skillet (lost interest cuz of A7X) and Hero was by far one of my favs. "Monster" Would be a good one if all this theory about marlton being a zombie is true. Dead Inside, fuck they should just do them all.

Tie that in with Nikolai hitting on Misty and Dempsey/Stulingher having an Huge argument (Patriot vs Conspiracy Theorist) Would honestly watch that trailer for the rest of my dayz..

Back to the style of Der Riese, Shi no, and kino. Tranzit one was good, but having most of the song taken out kinda killed it, and it didn't show all that much.

In other words: ALl characters must be shown (to disprove the idiodic idea that Marlton is somehow gone. If he actually is gone, feel free to point and laugh at me).

Needs a creepyish mood, but with humor like the above 3.

Song is necessary, and should be clipped well if shortened (I can't tell you how awkward parts of Carry On sounds in the Tranzit trailer).

Seriously, the tone of those trailers really made me want to buy it. I mean, the only one that was actually disappointing was the Ascension one, but that's no big deal now.

Also, would think it would be awesome if they gave reference to the O4 in the trailer, like maybe an audio clip at the end? You know, via radio? Otherwise they should keep the tradition of wonder weapons at the end.

What makes you think the map is TranZit based? :|

1.New Crew: Have only been featured on Tranzit.

2.Buildables: Have only been featured on Tranzit.

3.Power Switch: Has only been in the "Tanzit" mode for BO2

4.Helicopter in Poster: Why?

I've said it before and i'll gladly say it again, in absolutely no god damn way does this mean it's a TranZit based map. Spoiler alert: Every map from now on is gonna have buildables and the new crew. Doesn't mean we'll be riding a gank ass bus or a friggin' helicopter every map too. You know why those features are only on TranZit? IT'S THE ONLY MAP FOR BLACK OPS 2, as of right now. Aside from NT. These assumptions are absurd. I apologize for being a bit aggressive but you guys gotta understand that making another TranZit style map would be too easy and uncreative. The zombies team has always done an awesome job of changing the game with each new map, they give us a new challenge. Another TranZit style map wouldn't be new or challenging at all, eventually the formula of it would get stale and easily mastered. I don't see Die Rise following the TranZit style.

Rickety, it might not be as big as Green Run, but it most certainly will be a Tranzit mode along with smaller Survival maps. Treyarch (and most definitely Activision) would not create a new mode just for one map.

We will all find out next week. But buildables and the T4 guarantee a Tranzit map in my opinion.

Although I may sound like a complete idiot for saying it, I don't think TranZit necessarily has to correlate towards having multiple small to medium sized stops separated by long boring hazardous tracks, with some from on vehicle to assist in travel. Sure that's how green run worked, but I feel like it'd just be weird of them not to ever use the TranZit game mode again.

You may say TranZit = Transportation, and yes that would make sense, but it could be thought of in a larger sense, as how they are transporting themselves around the globe in order to assist one of the two madmen. I dont think TranZit has to equal a rideable vehicle and several small stops.

Although Treyarch could also have a "unique" game mode for each map, and name the TranZit equivalent mode on Die Rise, "RiZe" since you set up a game by selecting location first, instead of game mode, they could have as many different names as they want.

In fact, now that I've said it, I feel like that is how it will go down. They'll name each "story" mode version of the whole DLC map some gimmick with a capital Z shoved in, and then part it out for Grief, Survival, Turned, and etc.

Rickety, it might not be as big as Green Run, but it most certainly will be a Tranzit mode along with smaller Survival maps. Treyarch (and most definitely Activision) would not create a new mode just for one map.

We will all find out next week. But buildables and the T4 guarantee a Tranzit map in my opinion.

TranZit isn't a gamemode. TranZit is the name of the story mode in Green Run. Story is a gamemode. What I'm trying to say is that Die Rise is a brand new map. Reusing the style of transporting from area to area isn't new at all. Why would they reuse that idea? Truthfully it would be boring and completely uncreative. What I look for in maps is what makes them different and more challenging from the previous ones. And when I mean different I'm not just talking about surroundings I'm talking about gameplay and tactics. I like the idea of having to remaster zombies with each new map. This is not something I can see myself going through if Die Rise is like TranZit. TranZit wasn't challenging, it was just annoying.

There were no challenges to overcome, just pestering features that I could easily avoid. The bus for instance, I didn't need to master how to survive on the bus because after you have Jug and the Galvaknuckles the bus is nothing more than a useless hunk of junk. This was my issue with TranZit and I fear these issues will arise again in Die Rise if it functions the same way as TranZit.

We honestly do not have enough information currently to determine exactly what defines the TranZit game mode. I look forward to Die Rise, just to have more clarity on this subject. Clearly what you (Rickety) are calling a TranZit style map, is different than what I would say makes a TranZit style map.

TranZit isn't a gamemode. TranZit is the name of the story mode in Green Run. Story is a gamemode. What I'm trying to say is that Die Rise is a brand new map. Reusing the style of transporting from area to area isn't new at all. Why would they reuse that idea? Truthfully it would be boring and completely uncreative. What I look for in maps is what makes them different and more challenging from the previous ones. And when I mean different I'm not just talking about surroundings I'm talking about gameplay and tactics. I like the idea of having to remaster zombies with each new map. This is not something I can see myself going through if Die Rise is like TranZit. TranZit wasn't challenging, it was just annoying.

There were no challenges to overcome, just pestering features that I could easily avoid. The bus for instance, I didn't need to master how to survive on the bus because after you have Jug and the Galvaknuckles the bus is nothing more than a useless hunk of junk. This was my issue with TranZit and I fear these issues will arise again in Die Rise if it functions the same way as TranZit.

Well, it actually is a mode which is why it is in the side menu with Survival, Grief and soon Turned. I wouldn't call it story mode, because it stems past Tranzit mode. CIA and CDC, they were at Green Run and I assume Die Rise/Future DLC. Nuketown Zombies has a lot of story relevance and that doesn't have a Tranzit mode.

To be honest, Zombies is essentially the same formula over and over again. You survive as long as possible with weapons, a magic box and some demonic force that gives you power-ups. Over time, it of course has added more things to spice up the gameplay, but that's because it has to, to keep the maps fresh and interesting. I mean, no one complained when Hellhounds were in for 3 consecutive maps. Cosmonaut, Napalm and George are essentially the same concept, just a few differences. No one complained about that aspect. And I don't think it will happen here if Die Rise was once again to be split up.

I would not find it boring, in fact I would find it good for Tranzit mode. The only thing I would want is a different mode of transportation. The helicopter seems like a promising idea. And heck, perhaps Die Rise will consist of four to five skyscrapers, relatively close, but not connected, so it's a medium map altogether (think Call of the Dead size). The only way to travel to them is by the helicopter. I would consider this a Tranzit map, and I would not find it boring.

And each of those sky scrapers is a Survival map. That would be cool concept. Having a Tranzit and Survival variants, but on a small map compared to Green Run. It can work.

All I ask is to not judge it until you have played it. You never know, you could like it.

These assumptions are absurd.

Anymore absurd than assuming it's not a TranZit map?

The post I was replying to asked what made me think the new map will be a TranZit mode.

I gave my answers and I stand by them.

You however have offered no proof to refute my "assumptions" aside from your own "assumptions"...

So I guess we'll have to disagree, but in the future there is no need for such aggressive "God Damn" posts...

Another TranZit style map wouldn't be new or challenging at all, eventually the formula of it would get stale and easily mastered.

Then what would you call the 10 maps that predate TranZit?

Zombies started out as a 'Border Defense' game originally & the gamplay mechanics were getting mastered by the 2nd map Verrückt. People figured out how the zombies responded, training & looping techniques were figured out. Look at the master guides on this very site. Look at the size & dedication of this community. The game hasn't really change a lot, but it's not quite stale yet. People must still be having fun if we are talkng about it right now.

TranZit mode to me is a large 'free roam' (if you will) style map, in which you can play 3 smaller 'non free roam' maps.

3arc should incorporate this into every DLC. It gives fans 4 or so maps in each DLC. That in itself keeps the game fresh. It may keep fans happy, its not just 1 map that gets stale quickly.

Survival Bus Depot, Farm & town each have different difficulties, Bus Depot = No perks, no Pap. Farm = Perks but no Pap. Town gives us everything in which you can get setup very quickly, have a fun & possibly high round game - fast.

That's fresh. That's a TranZit style map to me. 4 maps within 1.

But, looking at the achievement for Green Run & TranZit, I tend to think that Die Rise may not be a TranZit Mode. "In TranZit, obey the voices", "In TranZit, complete all additions to the Bus in one game" That right there tells me that Die Rise may not be a "TranZit Mode"??

In Black Ops 1 you were able to get some achievements in any map. The achievements for Die Rise will be updated in the next couple of days & that will tell us a lot.

I'm not arguing with you here, more so disagreeing at your statement that "having another TranZit is stale & reused".

We've had 10 maps that were pretty much the same, yet I love everyone of them.