Die Rise and Turned Trailer Breakdown

Afrochubman

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll walk though what makes me think it's real.

The first thing is this new gun. I can see Mr. Vonderhaar saying it right now: "With Black Ops 2, we are doing something brand new, never before seen in Call of Duty. Anyone who buys the Season Pass can get a new SMG not available to anyone else." It recon it won't be very good, just some reskinned other SMG, with an effect like the AN-94 to keep it interesting. It's a great idea to keep people interested though, and a great marketing ploy.

The second thing is how real the maps look. They stick true to that "Just a small hint" thing that Treyarch has. Grind is a skatepark, and the hint is the half pipe and dudes doing parkour. Mirage looks like some kind of oasis in the sand. Downhill is some kind of ski resort log cabin, and Hyrdo would be a dam. The art style fits with the release and promotional artwork for the game, too.

Now then. Zombies.

Die Rise. The name clearly plays homage to Der Riese. But say it. Die. Rise.

High Rise. look at the buildings. High rise apartment complexes. A nice, clever play on words there. It's not a remake of anything, but a new map all together. Lots of tight buildings to weave though. Offices, flats, stores on ground level. There looks to be crosses in the picture, so perhaps a graveyard. Perhaps broken roads between areas.

Yes. Areas. I think it could be a Tranzit map.

Look behind the middle zombie. What's that in the sky? Looks like a Helicopter to me. This could be the new replacement for the Bus. It would take you from rooftop to rooftop. I hit a snag with the idea though. Zombies attack the bus on Green Run. How would they jump on a helicopter? The solution is rather simple: A broken robot pilot, like the broken bus driver. He can't very well see the broken, fallen down buildings, and so veers near the rooftops, letting zombies jump up and on the helicopter. Upgrades might not happen for the chopper, but perhaps a buildable Gatling Gun, that when it overheats it breaks up, and the parts respawn, like with the Jet Gun.

As for the Easter Egg, I can see an easy story. The Tower in Green Run has no special properties other than it's the only tower standing in the area. I don't think the tower itself matters, just that it can conduct power and is tall, and perhaps it needs to be somewhere specific geographically. With this in mind, you can get some tall apartment structures that have radio towers on the top of them. You would likely have to do a similar sequence of events and power the tower, and pick either side again.

I am pretty positive the word "rise" does not exist on the German language, as the word for the verb "to rise" has an entirely different translation. So it is most certainly a reference to "high rise". Probably not the map itself, but just the idea of high rises in a map.

I calling it-- it's L.A. 2025. Remember the surpris trailer? It showed zombie's there. NOTHING has no meaning when it comes to treyarch. Also a member here showed that there was a gun chalk outline on a wall in one shot of the trailer. Then the game came out and nothing about LA was included in zombies. Now we have a hint that a map will feature high-rises, and it includes a shot of a destroyed city. That paired with the aforementioned info makes me really think it's going to be LA.

One other thing to point out...

Verrückt and ascendion are our two triple-crown maps. Their location is featured in their respective games' campaign, multiplayer, and zombies (wittenau and baikonir). They also happen to be the first DLC zombies map for each game. Maybe the first DLC of this game will then be yet another triple-crown map? With everything I said before in mind, I have no doubt that it will be LA.

This is leaked. If Activision haven't offically announced it then we aren't meant to know. Just because gamestop have screwed up again (seriously most of the dlc leaks from blops 1 came from gamestop) we shouldnt show it here.

I hope it is real, because it looks great. I don't think the name is german. Instead of high rise this is called die rise

But why would Treyarch name their zombie map after a MW2 map

MW2= Infinity Ward, sworn nemesis to treyarch fans, and the makers of the multiplayer map "high rise"

Black Ops II= Treyarch, inventors of nazi zombies, and a company that has a distaste for Infinity Ward

very unlikely that the zombie map would be named after the opposing companies creation.

but maybe I'm wrong *shrug*

This is leaked. If Activision haven't offically announced it then we aren't meant to know. Just because gamestop have screwed up again (seriously most of the dlc leaks from blops 1 came from gamestop) we shouldnt show it here.

I hope it is real, because it looks great. I don't think the name is german. Instead of high rise this is called die rise

MW2= Infinity Ward, sworn nemesis to treyarch fans, and the makers of the multiplayer map "high rise"

Black Ops II= Treyarch, inventors of nazi zombies, and a company that has a distaste for Infinity Ward

very unlikely that the zombie map would be named after the opposing companies creation.

It just common word. Not to mention they recycle map names... Dome ring any bells for instance?

It just common word. Not to mention they recycle map names... Dome ring any bells for instance?

Dome? was it used somewhere else in CoD before it was a MW3 map?

Dome? was it used somewhere else in CoD before it was a MW3 map?

Dome was smallest map in World at War.

qDAXqnjkbSs

• Moderators

Die Rise

German for "THE RISE"?

No. Rise means "Erhebung". (or since it is related to zombies "Auferstehung".

"They rise from their graves." "Sie erheben sich aus ihren Gräbern."

So the map would be called: "Die Auferstehung"

If the "Die" would actually mean "The" but I think it doesn't.

I knew I should of asked my partner in crime & German correspondent!

Thanks Lenne!

Highrise buildings in the background, Los Angeles like in that Action Trailer?

I wanted to go Underground! :lol:

You are welcome,Pinnaz. ;)

Oh and Afrochubman. I like how you are organizing your post. It looks nice. :3

Looks like Aftermath.

The only problem I have with this idea is that Aftermath is Los Angeles, and that would be every map thus far condensed into one small spot on the big globe that we have. I'm thinking either New York, or possibly Japan. Although, with the all English title, I would have to go with it being in the U.S.

Edit: As for the title "Die Rise" it may have to do with the idea of a dying and rising god. Perhaps story related. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dying-and-rising_god

Ok apparently it's called Revolution, and for BO1 we had F-E-A-R, so does anyone wanna make any guesses on what word will be spelled out with the BO2 DLC? We know it is 4 letters and the first one is R...

I looked into this one. I'm calling R-A-G-E. It's the only four letter R word that would make sense. That or R-U-G-S. But I doubt it would be rugs.

Is the title of the map 'Die Rise' or just 'Rise'? I could be wrong but I'm thinking just Rise as I remember the BO1 DLC posters had words like 'Survive' before the map name (Call of the Dead). Die could just be there for kicks. Either way I'm excited ;)

This makes the most sense.

Ok apparently it's called Revolution, and for BO1 we had F-E-A-R, so does anyone wanna make any guesses on what word will be spelled out with the BO2 DLC? We know it is 4 letters and the first one is R...

I looked into this one. I'm calling R-A-G-E. It's the only four letter R word that would make sense. That or R-U-G-S. But I doubt it would be rugs.

race, rack, racy, rads, raft, raga, rage, rags, raid, rail, rain, rake, ramp, rams, rand, rang, rank, rant, rape, raps, rapt, rare, rash, rasp, rate, rats, rave, rays, raze, razz, rcpt, read, real, ream, reap, rear, recd, redo, reds, reed, reef, reek, reel, refs, rein, rely, rems, rend, rent, reps, resp, rest, revs, rhea, rial, ribs, rice, rich, rick, ride, rids, rife, riff, rift, rigs, rile, rill, rime, rims, rind, ring, rink, riot, ripe, rips, rise, risk, rite, rive, road, roam, roan, roar, robe, robs, rock, rode, rods, roes, roil, role, roll, romp, rood, roof, rook, room, root, rope, ropy, rose, rosy, rota, rote, rots, roue, rout, roux, rove, rows, rube, rubs, ruby, ruck, rude, rued, rues, ruff, rugs, ruin, rule, rump, rums, rune, rung, runs, runt, ruse, rush, rusk, rust, ruts

Die (high) rise?.....manhatten (down) anyone?

Tbh treyarch are silly, so many n00bs will be saying zomfg its der riese in the future (much like the whole wunderwaffle thing)

My initial though was New York as well. Mainly because the title is all English and the maps generally have names from where they take place, however it is also possible that it could take after the map Overflow from MP much like Ascension from Launch.

I know a lot of people are going with Aftermath, however I don't think that is as likely seeing as how that map takes place in Los Angeles, and we already have two maps on the west coast of the US and with the whole globe to work with you think they would spread it out a little.

Die (high) rise?.....manhatten (down) anyone?

Tbh treyarch are silly, so many n00bs will be saying zomfg its der riese in the future (much like the whole wunderwaffle thing)

My initial though was New York as well. Mainly because the title is all English and the maps generally have names from where they take place, however it is also possible that it could take after the map Overflow from MP much like Ascension from Launch.

I know a lot of people are going with Aftermath, however I don't think that is as likely seeing as how that map takes place in Los Angeles, and we already have two maps on the west coast of the US and with the whole globe to work with you think they would spread it out a little.

There does seem to be oriental writing on the neon signs on the side of the buildings, and as i believe there need to be 3 tower of babbel like structures around the world, my guess would be tokyo (due to link with shi no numa, takeo and the ray gun) or china possibly shanghai?

The following location would be russian or european to make some sort of triangulation device that could cover the world