WY U NO PLAY 5!

Tankeo Dempsaki

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With 5 it seems people either love it or hate it. I know for instance Super really enjoys the map.

The reason's for it being so disliked are the perceived difficulties. These can be negated by following the above members guide, linked in my signature.

People who can play it well still may not like it due to the ridiculous amount of time it takes. No good wonder weapon, poorly placed trap, stupid damn thief. Not much fun to me tbh.

I agree, Five is pretty neglected. I avoided it like the plague when I was a new BO zombie slayer, as it was completely different from everything I knew about zombies thus far, but now that I am used to the many differences I have found Five to be a great map. Still not one of the best but, great nonetheless

As Chopper said, I love FIVE, one of my personal faves and always has been. The only downfall for me is the placement of the traps; it doesn't really make the higher rounds difficult, but it makes them incredibly slow. Still planning a run to 100 on it at some point in the year, but it's pretty low on the list due to the time it'd take.

That said though, I've been devising a trap strategy that'd make using the traps just as quick as it'd be on any other map. Still a lot of creases to iron out before I'd call it a feasibly safe high rounds strategy and I may decide in the end that it just won't work well enough, but it's definitely not off of the cards, I believe it can be done if a set route is adhered to.

I can say FIVE is the only map thats never gotten boring to me.

I remember the first week the BlackOps was out, all of my friends (in person and on XBox) were always constantly "LEts play Kino, Lets play Kino, No Five is Hard, Five is stupid, Bla Bla BLa" And thats how other people ruined Kino for me forever, So I kept playing FIVE instead of it. Then Ascension came out. I was REALLY sick when Ascension came out, so thinking about this map always makes me remember that rotten feeling I had, so I still dont play it much (Weird, I know, but still) So even post-AScension, Five was still my most played map. I had a few superb games on Call of the Dead when it first came out, but my only good zombie friend didnt have it, so Five was still the prominent map of choice (He only had Kino and FIVE, and he knew I hated Kino). Shangri La..... Dont even get me started on Shangri La. Black Ops Der Riese became prominent for a month or so, but FIVE is still the most played and most enjoyed map for me.

I play five, one of my favorite maps.

The biggest downfall is that randoms ruin every single lobby, the early rounds are more difficult than other maps due to double-hit madness on this map.

The Mac Attack is extremely annoying until you get used to him. The Thief takes more strategy than killing any other special enemy, and newer players don't know how to work around the loss of a weapon (especially pack a punched).

2/3 of the map are basically off-limits to players without a lot of practice, leaving just the War Room which gets too hecktic with multiple players, not as easy as the stage in Kino.

But all these things make it more endearing to me.

The real question is why nobody plays Shangri-La. When I look at it, there are only about as many people playing it as Dead Ops on xbox live. But its a wonderful map, terribly unappreciated.

Well for me, Shangri La is an alright map, but its in the same category as Moon. I loathe playing it online with randoms, just because of communication issues. sure you can survive well into the late 20s with just Jugg and an MPL, but thats only fun for so long before all you wanna do is just upgrade, but nobody can hear you. I also just dont like the FEEL of the map. Not many people play Shangri La Online, so its hard to find people to play it with. I play it, just in Solo.

I love the feel of FIVE though. I dunno why, it just has that "orderly" feeling to it.

Just to give an alternate perspective from what seems to be the general consensus here, I do not avoid Five because of any perceived difficulty. I just don't find anything really gripping about it. Mostly, I'm really into the storyline, and I'm very fond of the four "original" characters. Listening to the characters talk to each other is often one of the highlights of my experience, and that was lacking for me on Five.

Also worth mentioning that Shangri-La is one of my absolute favorites even when it kicks my butt all over the place. So, there are reasons that one may not care for a map that aren't strictly based on difficulty. :)

I personally play the map pack maps (Ascension, CoTd, SL, Moon and the classics more then the first three) but I do enjoy Five alot, I personally find you just have to know what your doing, and the map isen't as hard as most people perceive, however I rarely play it do to you rarely ever find a Decent game on it, nearly everytime I go to play Five, I get obnoxious little kids or noobs without mics. and makes the map annoying,

• 1 month later...

As Chopper said, I love FIVE, one of my personal faves and always has been. The only downfall for me is the placement of the traps; it doesn't really make the higher rounds difficult, but it makes them incredibly slow. Still planning a run to 100 on it at some point in the year, but it's pretty low on the list due to the time it'd take.

That said though, I've been devising a trap strategy that'd make using the traps just as quick as it'd be on any other map. Still a lot of creases to iron out before I'd call it a feasibly safe high rounds strategy and I may decide in the end that it just won't work well enough, but it's definitely not off of the cards, I believe it can be done if a set route is adhered to.

Maybe you could train the zombies in the MPL hallway and then take them through the traps. I've done this on a co-op game with my partner in the def-con room. But it'll be harder on solo with all 24 zombies. I think I remember a YT video of someone training there on solo though so maybe it'll work. It is a bit dangerous though but with a crossbow it might be doable.

I love five, especially with randoms.

There are so many different strategies leading to round 30 then it becomes a big survival fest. Managing your ammo past 25 is a major issue, traps on the top floor are so inconvenient. The war room is designed for ONLY one person to run, leaving others fighting to survive. I love five, it requires so much team work that you feel the guys fought with you to round 35 are closer than your siblings.

I love five, especially with randoms.

There are so many different strategies leading to round 30 then it becomes a big survival fest. Managing your ammo past 25 is a major issue, traps on the top floor are so inconvenient. The war room is designed for ONLY one person to run, leaving others fighting to survive. I love five, it requires so much team work that you feel the guys fought with you to round 35 are closer than your siblings.

Absolutely what I think too. It was also my first map I ever played, therefore I have a special relation to FIVE. But now, the "Survival Fest" is always a funny surprise, which makes the map worth playing.