CODZ is growing....

Hey Guys,

So due to the work of many people over the last 3 years CODZ is now a site with nearly 10,000 members. I'm going to estimate that there are probably 100 people who post here regularly. Maybe more, I'm not sure.

Of those people I'm pretty certain that almost all know almost everyone's name, maybe know what they post about and what they are like.

This to me is key to what makes me return to CODZ again and again. There's a real sense of community, rarely any arguments between longer standing members and a well moderated environment.

I believe CODZ is going to keep growing and growing. Maybe not now, but in 4 months or so when there is more and more information being released regarding BO2 then certainly then.

Does this concern anyone? I want CODZ to be the biggest zombie site on the net, I believe there is already by far the best varied content. Storyline breakdown, strategies, personal stories, playdates etc. I'm certain that it will become the biggest.

But does this potentially come at a cost of losing that sense of community?

If there are 250 people regluarly posting, with hundreds of people who post 2 or 3 times will it become too much?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but that's why we need to have regular get togethers in order to keep a sense of who we are as a community and such

Yes! The best thing about CoDz is its community! As long as the mods and admins keep doing there job well (a cookie to all of you) the site will be fine. One of the reasons the site is so awesome is because the mods are fast to lock any troll threads or stop any flaming. It stops us from becoming the forum on callofduty.com

Any game/website/just about anything is nothing with out its community!

Yes! The best thing about CoDz is its community! As long as the mods and admins keep doing there job well (a cookie to all of you) the site will be fine. One of the reasons the site is so awesome is because the mods are fast to lock any troll threads or stop any flaming. It stops us from becoming the forum on callofduty.com

And I thought you said there was a joke in every post of yours? :P

The users active in the past 24 hours part is usually around 115 funnily enough. As long as the community can stick to together, keep the sense that it has always had, and not change, than we should be fine. If it becomes way to huge and overwhelming, than new Moderators can always be appointed. But right now they're doing a great job!

But hey, if we become huge, no doubt we will be the largest NZ site. Also means Treyarch is more likely to have a look at the forums more often. Hmm I wonder if we became so huge, that Treyarch would dub us as the 'official' forum for Nazi Zombies?

The users active in the past 24 hours part is usually around 115 funnily enough. As long as the community can stick to together, keep the sense that it has always had, and not change, than we should be fine. If it becomes way to huge and overwhelming, than new Moderators can always be appointed. But right now they're doing a great job!

But hey, if we become huge, no doubt we will be the largest NZ site. Also means Treyarch is more likely to have a look at the forums more often. Hmm I wonder if we became so huge, that Treyarch would dub us as the 'official' forum for Nazi Zombies?

Now THAT would be really cool!

There is! the cookie thing was the joke. Every ones knows they wants brains which is a joke with in a joke. Don't make me explain my bad jokes!

Didn't they already do that ? They mentioned CoDz at CoD XP so I think we are already on the map!

Hmm I wonder if we became so huge, that Treyarch would dub us as the 'official' forum for Nazi Zombies?

If Carbon gets that job, it's a big possibility. As long as the staff stays the same, I think we'd be good.

If any of you remember? Back to September, CODXP? When they did the Zombie panel, one of the guys (forget who) were wearing a CoDz t-shirt? Could that lead us to something? Probably not, but I'm sure with BO2 coming out and romurs and EE's and stuff go out, this site will be blowing up!

I also have considered this, as I do feel like I know some of you, and like that this is more of a community, than just a forum, but I think the new people who become regulars will probably be quite cooperative, I mean if they have the dedication to come on and post almost everyday, they probably will not be trolling constantly, or they would get locked, and eventually banned quite quickly. The people who post one or two times, can go ahead and do that, because during that period of time the regulars and truly dedicated members here will probably be creating so many threads,and that will eventually push the pointless ones off of the page. I welcome the appearance of new members to the forum, as a few of them will eventually become new members of the community.

When the enemies were on the doorstep and they threatened the gates of this wholesome community; what did we do? No, we did not expel them, outcast them such as one does with lepers. No, we chose not to see them as the enemy, but as a mind that can continue to further the ehjookayshun of this site as a whole. My brothers and sisters, we will never fail, so long as we continue to greet and welcome our members into the community. Therefore, the site must be patrolled, specifically the Introduction section. It is in this way that we can greet each new face, adding them to our community. With each addition, we grow stronger. Perhaps a new user will PM the friendly faces that greeted him or her. And only time will tell how they act, but with our encouragement, the community will not just survive, it will thrive.

• 2 years later...

Well, if you look around, half the regulars then are regulars today.

Nothing to worry. Although the number of members ballooned, it's been fairly the same 4 people day in and day out.

Either y'all have nothing better to do or something about that bond. My money is on the former.