The "Extra Drops" Easter Egg...

Hey all, I'm new here :)

I basically wanted to ask something i've been wondering for a while. You've probably all heard of the whole thing where, in multiplayer, you have one person prone on the corner next to the very dark window (in the lobby) and then have someone dive on top, they both go down then have someone else revive, causing the giggling of Samantha to be heard. It is supposed that this creates something of a Easter Egg with 3x drops or whatever. Since, in my opinion, it's an Easter Egg (in that Samantha's giggling acknowledges that it's an intended part of the game) i wanted to ask this community whether they believe that this works.

Opinions will be valued :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had mixed results when seeing it done. Some people will tell you it works, some will tell you it used to work but got patched. I never really noticed a significant increase in powerups or zombie difficulty while playing it though.

Hey all, I'm new here :)

I basically wanted to ask something i've been wondering for a while. You've probably all heard of the whole thing where, in multiplayer, you have one person prone on the corner next to the very dark window (in the lobby) and then have someone dive on top, they both go down then have someone else revive, causing the giggling of Samantha to be heard. It is supposed that this creates something of a Easter Egg with 3x drops or whatever. Since, in my opinion, it's an Easter Egg (in that Samantha's giggling acknowledges that it's an intended part of the game) i wanted to ask this community whether they believe that this works.

Opinions will be valued :)

This is not a glitch or a easter egg this was made to stop people getting into certain glitches.

Also you can do it against any corner.

I believe there was a glitch were if you dolphin dived on top of someone who was prone, the zombie hoarde couldn't get to you or something along those lines, this was patched so that if you tried it you both went down.

The laugh from Sam, I guess is 3arcs way of saying haha we patched that glitch that you just tried...

I've been in games were people have tried this many times on all the maps and have never seen it have any affect.

I believe there was a glitch were if you dolphin dived on top of someone who was prone, the zombie hoarde couldn't get to you or something along those lines, this was patched so that if you tried it you both went down.

The laugh from Sam, I guess is 3arcs way of saying haha we patched that glitch that you just tried...

I've been in games were people have tried this many times on all the maps and have never seen it have any affect.

Put this and my earlier post together and you have the answer

Ive done it a couple of times, one time with three players on Ascension, in a way I believe its a glitch, because of sam's laugh and its the only way you can down your team mate, I noticed a huge difference when we all had 10,000+ by round 7.

Ive done it a couple of times, one time with three players on Ascension, in a way I believe its a glitch, because of sam's laugh and its the only way you can down your team mate, I noticed a huge difference when we all had 10,000+ by round 7.

See my earlier post...

Sams laugh and the fact that you get downed are the result of a fix for a glitch...

I dont think this works on kino but im starting to think knifing george in the back right at the beggining of the game does make more pickups come because right after we did it the first three zombies had max ammo, x2, and a nuke. it definitly doesnt make them stronger though.

That definately doesn't work on Kino as George isn't there :facepalm: lol

but seriously, pretty much all these steps to getting more drops don't work, its just random.

Its just like the little rituals people do when hitting the box, none of them seem to work 100% so its more than likely just luck.

Or the box hates certain people (ie me) and the rituals don't work.

That definately doesn't work on Kino as George isn't there :facepalm: lol

but seriously, pretty much all these steps to getting more drops don't work, its just random.

Its just like the little rituals people do when hitting the box, none of them seem to work 100% so its more than likely just luck.

Or the box hates certain people (ie me) and the rituals don't work.

wait.....theres no george on kino? then who have I been killing to get a random perk and wunderwaffe all these times??? next your gonna try telling me theres no gersch devices on call of the dead. :o

The "Dolphin Dive for more power-ups" thing actually does work. There is code to support it. It works on every map.

The code says:

{
powerup = undefined;
is_powerup = true;
// Always give something at lower rounds or if a player is in last stand mode.
if ( level.round_number {
powerup = get_valid_powerup();
}

So if you are in last stand, then more power-ups are dropped. It doesn't matter how you go down, but if you do, then more power-ups will spawn.

So surely just holding a grenade until it goes bang has the same effect...?

I believe it increases as more people are downed. It doesn't seem to have any affect if they disappear, though.

Like most people, I've had some games where the powerups seem to triple in the early rounds. I believe it was caused by this little bonus, because I've never seen that many without people trying it. But its not every time

That said, I never do it myself because I like having 0 downs and its too random to rely on.

All the box rituals are complete BS

This is a misinformed Easter Egg. Rather what this actually does is increase the amount of zombies that spawn and the speed in which they spawn as well. The reason why people believe it increases drops is solely because they are getting those perks sooner but at the risk of being overwhelmed. This can be a problem for later levels as this particular effect stays with you for the rest of the game.

I think they added this because in world at war, one player could go go prone and the other could jump on top of them, then the first player would crouch, causing a barrier glitch.

I think they added this because of that glitch, so Sam would laugh at them for trying to do a glitch in world at war. :)

What I said was actually confirmed by a Treyarch programmer that I talked to during one of the playdates after playing a match with him then getting him in a party to ask several things. When I first typed my answer up it was a very long one but when I hit backspace it backed me out of the page. The reason why this was never fixed as it truly is not a problem per se as it doesnt "harm" the game. Also I was informed that due to how the whole zombie server situation is that they can not patch zombie maps the same way they can patch a regular multiplayer map as those patches will run in the background and download from the moment you get into the multiplayer screen while zombie map patches must be patched via a patch that you'd download before the game starts.

Ok, IDK why people keep calling it a glitch. It would be more of an easter egg since Sam laughs, acknoledging it as a part of the game. But both of these are untrue. It was created to keep people from getting into certain glitches. Same thing happens with the Ascension lander glitch, you fall off and she laughs at you, exactly the same.

This is a misinformed Easter Egg. Rather what this actually does is increase the amount of zombies that spawn and the speed in which they spawn as well. The reason why people believe it increases drops is solely because they are getting those perks sooner but at the risk of being overwhelmed. This can be a problem for later levels as this particular effect stays with you for the rest of the game.

That is a myth. We've tested it numerous times and the number of zombies spawned does not change regardless of if two players down each other or not. There is a set formula in the code and that never changes.