How to find the end of the Tranzit Easter Egg

Hello CodZ forum members, I've never posted here before and probably won't post after this thread, but I'm super in to zombies stuff and I'd like to present to you guys what is pretty much a definite way for the community to finally uncover the ending to the Tranzit easter egg. If you think it's over/ going to be continued in Die Rise then just ignore this thread because it is dedicated to logically finding the end of the story in Green Run/Tranzit/whatever and a lot of this stuff is pretty much undeniable. This thread isn't for debating if this is just a wacky theory, it's for discussing it and testing combinations and orders for task completions.

A bit of a preface, a lot of this stuff might sound like I could've tested it myself but a friend and I have been trying for weeks to just get the achievement, let alone complete the actual story, and we can't. I know a lot of people here have spent time debunking stupider theories, so hopefully people capable of testing this stuff will give it a shot. This isn't some trick or "troll" to get people to waste their time because that's stupid.

*take note I listened to ripped audio to figure some stuff out, so if you don't agree with that then stop reading*

OKAY, so first off, take note that Richtofen's side is essentially an "easy way" to get the achievement. I don't know why they made it possible to get the achievement by doing some of Maxis' steps, but they did and I think it probably threw the community off somewhat. The ending with the power-up coming down might as well be a joke, and I think it might be there just to make people realize that there has to be more because the ending is so unsatisfactory.

So Richtofen gives you clear, blatant directions. You can follow them directly, and there's even a line in the game files where he lists them off because you did something wrong. At the end of Richtofen's side, he gives you his ending line. There is no continuation to Richtofen's side as far as I can tell. There is of course a line where he tells you about the navcard, but there doesn't seem to be any lines that he would typically say AFTER doing that. It's best to just assume Richtofen's side is a closed case. If somebody is playing as Samuel, they will have no trouble figuring it out.

So that makes Maxis the more complicated, and more "complete" side of the easter egg. Now at the moment, there is NO ending to the Maxis egg when you get the achievement. The achievement-getting route was not found as intended but rather through guessing. Treyarch probably knew this would happen, so they made the ending impossible to reach unless you did everything in the CORRECT ORDER. This is essentially a fact, and if you disagree with it then ignore this thread because this thread hinges entirely on that idea.

So now, since the dialog lines have been posted online, I figured the best thing to do would be to just take a look at the lines and put them in a logical order. I did that, but there's also a few gameplay related things that you need to take into account.

So the first line, which can be heard at the beginning of this video posted in another thread (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... OnxLel7YZ0)to my knowledge hasn't ever been heard in game. If it has then that is fantastic and will aid in figuring out the egg.

This is the first line, where Maxis introduces himself. This line must be activated first. Take note that the line about constructing the turbine is not part of the easter egg, as you can hear it in easy mode too.

So I've only heard the starting quote in that video, today (wasn't included in any of the ripped-audio videos I've watched.) So I haven't really thought about how it would be activated. It COULD be activated by playing to a high-ish round without the power on, and the following will tell you why. Essentially, this is how I figure the easter egg should be completed, based on the ripped lines and some gameplay stuff too. Take note the purpose of this thread is to test and rearrange the following steps:

1. Activate the first line, played in the video above. Like I said, this could possibly be activated by just playing for a while without power, since it's Maxis' introduction and Richtofen's is just activated automatically when leaving the power area as Samuel with the power on, so Maxis' is probably activated in a similar, passive way.

2. Placing two turbines at the spire. Now I'm putting this here BECAUSE you can actually do this without ever turning the power on and Maxis WILL say his lines about needing more power and such.

3. Turn on the power. Maxis tells you that he needs a living, mobile power source after you place 2 turbines, and his line where he says "you've freed it" should come DIRECTLY after that. This entire thing is all about making his lines make sense. Turning off the power most likely comes directly after this as he tells you to turn it off right there and then. HOWEVER:The power most likely needs to be turned off WITH AN EMP. If it turns back on, he says the emp has worn off, it only makes sense to use one in this case. In my experience throwing an EMP pretty much permanently switched off the power but I'm sure somebody can provide info about how long it lasts. If it ever does wear off, it's likely Treyarch's way of forcing you to advance your rounds to get max ammo and therefore more emps.

4. Now you lure the avogadro to the spire and do the step with him. MAXIS DOES NOT TELL YOU TO ACTIVATE THE TRICHOTOMOUS SYSTEM HERE. He says you "need more energy." This next part is truly just speculation: Maxis has a line about finding a "new power source," and for "new cargo" needing to be delivered. It's possible that at this point there is a power source that arrives on the bus that must be brought to the cornfield. Maxis also has a line where he says a power source would require an "enormous burst of energy," meaning to activate this new power source you'd have to emp it. Once again, this section is purely speculative and is purely based on Maxis' lines.

5. Whether it's from a power source from the bus or elsewhere, once you give the spire more power, Maxis should say his line about "building the trichotomous system." Now, once the power has been turned on and then off, Maxis can say his "seconday node" line if you put a turbine near a lamppost, he cannot say it if the power switch hasn't been touched. Also, it's notable that if you place 2 turbines near 2 lampposts before completing at least the Avogadro step, then Maxis will tell you to "activate the spire's power," then asks presumably if you are circumscribed (I'm guessing this is a hint that you've done it wrong, and it's somewhat hidden because he messes up and says 'circumsized' at first.) That line MOST LIKELY is there to ask if you've done it correctly, and Maxis is confused that you've done the trichotomous system first, so he's surprised that he's told you to activate the spire's power because you should've done it first. NOW THAT MIGHT SOUND FARFETCHED, here's the thing: if you place 2 turbines at lampposts AFTER DOING THE SPIRE, Maxis will say that you have "completed the trichotomous system."

6. Now this part is somewhat iffy because if Maxis says the Trichotomous system is complete, he does not tell you to activate the spire's power. It's possible you could do it either way and that you simply need to do all steps in order prior to that in order to reach the final ending.

ANYWAYS, the next step is to build the nav card table or insert your nav card. Maxis' line about "activating the spire's power" could easily be applicable to inserting your nav card, because his line about constructing the nav table tells you to "find a nav card to activate the spire." I don't know if that line can be triggered by building the nav card table on Maxis' side like with Richtofen, but it's more story focussed so it may just be said when getting back to the spire after doing the Trichotomous system.

*UPDATE* Confirmed that building the nav card table doesn't activate Maxis' line.

7.So after inserting the nav card Maxis says his ending line, and says the "spire's online." The nav card, based on his quote about it, is definitely the last line before this.

"-You have constructed a control mechanism which will program the computer. You will need to secure an application nav card. You will have to seek it out, then return here to activate the spire, to save mankind."

"-Yes! The spire is online! Now, if the other sides can only be likewise empowered, then perhaps there is still a chance to complete that which was begun so many years ago. Your help has been invaluable, Farewell."

When he talks about "other sides," he means other spires.

SO THAT'S IT. IF YOU DIDN'T TAKE THE TIME TO READ ALL THIS: THE KEY TO GETTING THE EASTER EGG'S REAL ENDING IS DOING THE STEPS IN A DIFFERENT ORDER. THE IDEA IS TO GET MAXIS TO GUIDE US THROUGH THE EASTER EGG WITH HIS LINES RATHER THAN JUST GETTING THE ACHIEVEMENT BY GETTING LUCKY.

Remember, this isn't a "guide" or "tutorial," this is just a logical arrangement of events, based on Maxis' lines from the game files. We need to work together to test different orders of steps. Oh, and I really hate when people dig into Jimmy Zielinski's vacation photos and stuff, but he blatantly dropped a hint when he said "tell me what steps you've done, and in what order."

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but since the easter egg saves and you can never complete it again, that means some will never be able to get it. Treyarch would never do that. Well hopefully anyways.

You can reset Maxis's side by doing Richtofen's.

I do agree that Jimmy's tweet made it sound like we had done something in the wrong order, good idea.

Very well done & thought out I may say. Only problem I have, Is once you've built the NavCard Table & Picked up the NavCard they save. How would we go about doing that step in order with the rest?!?! Nonetheless very well indeed, Here's a few quotes from Maxxis that have stood out to me...

"This Is a Great Power Source, Although it will Have to be Amplified! With any Higher Output Our Communications are Likely to Cease. We Will Require a Burst of Tremendous Voltage!"

Now to me this suggests that, that Box that's located underneath the Church Sign, Would be what He's (Maxxis) referring to. The reason I say this is because A COS BlackBox Is a Power Source for A network of computers & other devices such as Routers, Modems, etc...

Now the part about Higher Output would suggest not turning the Power Back ON, As that would disable communications Between Us & Him (Maxxis). But the Burst of Tremendous Voltage would be sufficient enough to Power it & Keep it Powered. That leads me to Believe we need the Avogadro "HIM" to use His "Burst" Attack on whatever this Power Source He (Maxxis) is talking about...An EMP wouldn't Power it rather disable any Power that it may have had to begin with

"Nein the Electro Magnetic Pulse (EMP) Has worn off! You must Act with Haste, The Electrical Grid is Interfering with My Signal!"

This quote Triggers when your turning the Power Back ON, After having Turned it OFF

So is this saying that Once you Turn the Power On, You need someone standing at the 2 Exposed wires to throw an EMP to Turn it OFF Immediately?!?!

Or is it a suggestion that we need to keep those 4 EMP Zombies at the Beginning of the game.

"Nothing to See Here For Now! Maybe down the Road, WE Will Revisit this Place! Such A Lovely Place!"

Going Back to the Box Under the Church Sign, If That's the Case this could be the Quote He uses In referring to that.

Those are some of the ones that have stood out to me that I've thought about & thought about since the game came out, Let me know Your thoughts & opinions on how I broke them Down...

Very well done & thought out I may say. Only problem I have, Is once you've built the NavCard Table & Picked up the NavCard they save. How would we go about doing that step in order with the rest?!?! Nonetheless very well indeed, Here's a few quotes from Maxxis that have stood out to me...

"This Is a Great Power Source, Although it will Have to be Amplified! With any Higher Output Our Communications are Likely to Cease. We Will Require a Burst of Tremendous Voltage!"

Now to me this suggests that, that Box that's located underneath the Church Sign, Would be what He's (Maxxis) referring to. The reason I say this is because A COS BlackBox Is a Power Source for A network of computers & other devices such as Routers, Modems, etc...

Now the part about Higher Output would suggest not turning the Power Back ON, As that would disable communications Between Us & Him (Maxxis). But the Burst of Tremendous Voltage would be sufficient enough to Power it & Keep it Powered. That leads me to Believe we need the Avogadro "HIM" to use His "Burst" Attack on whatever this Power Source He (Maxxis) is talking about...An EMP wouldn't Power it rather disable any Power that it may have had to begin with

"Nein the Electro Magnetic Pulse (EMP) Has worn off! You must Act with Haste, The Electrical Grid is Interfering with My Signal!"

This quote Triggers when your turning the Power Back ON, After having Turned it OFF

So is this saying that Once you Turn the Power On, You need someone standing at the 2 Exposed wires to throw an EMP to Turn it OFF Immediately?!?!

Or is it a suggestion that we need to keep those 4 EMP Zombies at the Beginning of the game.

"Nothing to See Here For Now! Maybe down the Road, WE Will Revisit this Place! Such A Lovely Place!"

Going Back to the Box Under the Church Sign, If That's the Case this could be the Quote He uses In referring to that.

Those are some of the ones that have stood out to me that I've thought about & thought about since the game came out, Let me know Your thoughts & opinions on how I broke them Down...

Building the nav card table during that game might not be required, but it IS certainly what triggers, at the very least, Richtofen's line about the nav card table. It's possible Maxis' quote would just be triggered during his story since it's more important in his than Richtofen's. As far as I know nobody has built the nav card table during Maxis' side, so I'm not sure if it triggers his nav card line, but it's also possible that if you reach that step you could just insert the card without hearing the line. Also, I'm sure this has probably been disproven, but perhaps if you let your rank drop all the way to one bone it would reset your card? Just speculation.

I agree that an emp would probably disable a power source, so perhaps you're correct about the box at the church.

For turning the power off, I think it's most likely that Maxis expects you to turn the power off with an emp, which by the way I believe works if you just throw it into the power room, not necessarily at any wires. It's possible you'd have to do this to impose a sort of time limit when dealing with the easter egg.

The important thing right now is to get testing, and our first step is to get Maxis' introductory line to play.

Building the nav card table during that game might not be required, but it IS certainly what triggers, at the very least, Richtofen's line about the nav card table. It's possible Maxis' quote would just be triggered during his story since it's more important in his than Richtofen's. As far as I know nobody has built the nav card table during Maxis' side, so I'm not sure if it triggers his nav card line, but it's also possible that if you reach that step you could just insert the card without hearing the line. Also, I'm sure this has probably been disproven, but perhaps if you let your rank drop all the way to one bone it would reset your card? Just speculation.

I agree that an emp would probably disable a power source, so perhaps you're correct about the box at the church.

For turning the power off, I think it's most likely that Maxis expects you to turn the power off with an emp, which by the way I believe works if you just throw it into the power room, not necessarily at any wires. It's possible you'd have to do this to impose a sort of time limit when dealing with the easter egg.

The important thing right now is to get testing, and our first step is to get Maxis' introductory line to play.

Very well, I have a 3 Month Gold Card I'm willing to use to create a New Account. A)To see about the Shotgun Emblem B) To test Ideas without the NavCard Table ever being built, Or the NavCard being picked up...

The last thing you said, Getting Maxxis Intro, I would Believe/Imagine. At the Beginning of the Game/Round NOT Building the Turbine & staying in the Room until the Start of Round 3, Then opening the main Door. Doing so will result in the Screen Shaking & Ground Breaking, This may have something to do with that Trigger. Why else did they put this into the game...

I have started the Maxis EE from a fresh start, and built the Table during gameplay, with power turned on and back off, and no Quote from Maxis about the nav card is heard.. but it was solo, so who knows. I think I was Sam that run..

Why else did they put this into the game...

To give the effect that the Earth was hit by missiles and well you know it's suffering through allot right now.

The Earth shakes at random points of the game, it also shakes when you're selecting a game mode/"map". I doubt it has anything to do with the Easter Egg.

To give the effect that the Earth was hit by missiles and well you know it's suffering through allot right now.

The Earth shakes at random points of the game, it also shakes when you're selecting a game mode/"map". I doubt it has anything to do with the Easter Egg.

I completely agree with your thoughts about the shaking, its just to say the Aerth (pun) is unstable. and you do not have to wait until round 3 to get out without waking the "sleeping" zombies. It can easily be done in round 1. then have the rest of the people down themselves remembering the rules about not waking the zombies, give one person enough money to open the bank door, and take out saved cash. Simple plan, i just need Xbox partners solely dedicated to EE and theory testing.

Just some thoughts..

I completely agree with your thoughts about the shaking, its just to say the Aerth (pun) is unstable. and you do not have to wait until round 3 to get out without waking the "sleeping" zombies. It can easily be done in round 1. then have the rest of the people down themselves remembering the rules about not waking the zombies, give one person enough money to open the bank door, and take out saved cash. Simple plan, i just need Xbox partners solely dedicated to EE and theory testing.

Just some thoughts..

No, No, I understand that & yes as long as on round 1 you walk Not Run & Knife Not Shoot those 4 Zombies will stay "Asleep". What I'm Saying is If you dont build the Turbine & just stay in the Starting room, Every game At the Beginning of round 3 the Earth Shakes & The Ground Breaks. The Same as the Bridge but why. Why at the Beginning of round 3, Why not 1 or 2.

& yes Samantha your right If you sit on the Globe for roughly 30 seconds that too begins to "Shake" back & forth. I Noticed this when the game first came out, But to this day I still think its rather ODD...

Rag, I think you're diving a little to deep, I think they're just there to keep you on your toes, inform you the Aerth is molten now. And the bridge, again as a scare tactic, to give us the "What the F**K?!" factor..

But who knows, it's just a thought..

I think the earth shakes and opens up on round 3 if you stay in the room to kinda motivate you to get out.. If you leave before round 3, and come back ANY round after 3, it does the same thing.. It's mean to keep you from easily training in the depot building. IMHO

Personally I think the starting room isn't part of it at all, but I guess it's worth testing anyways. In his recent interview, Rez mentioned that the turbine's pieces intentionally don't randomize their locations so it's easy for newbies to get a feel for buildables. I think the entire room is just a well designed tutorial, the lava showing up motivates you to find a way out, the line from Maxis, while not actually integral to the plot, lets the player know they're building the turbine correctly and it also introduces them to the "mysterious voice" behind Tranzit's plot. I think that this easter egg was honestly meant to be found out by your average joe who bought Black Ops II, not necessarily the sort of people who figured out the previous ones, since Tranzit is supposed to be essentially a "story mode" as opposed to the regular survival maps.

I just assumed it was to make it a little harder to survive in there. I know that if I were 4 of me, I would have been able to survive with no doors open on kino, simply because I can build barriers and knife at the same time. The same could happen at the depot except when the earth shakes a hole forms in the roof allowing for a 5th entrance. Meaning you can survive there with ease and little spawns until that point, allowing for you to gain points. Also, what happens if you kill all 6 of the round 1 zombies, but don't touch the 4 "round 0" zombies(as i call them)

You can just create a new profile and do all of this testing offline. No need to use up another gold account. I messed around with not picking up navcard and when the table actually comes into play...theres really not much to learn.

You can't do the Easter Egg by yourself. You need at least 2 people.

I think the earth shakes and opens up on round 3 if you stay in the room to kinda motivate you to get out.. If you leave before round 3, and come back ANY round after 3, it does the same thing.. It's mean to keep you from easily training in the depot building. IMHO

This, more or less. There is a lot to do in tranzit, I feel that they din't want people to stay too long in a near useless start room. You are there to make turbine and gtfo.

Note that you can leave via the free door, come back later and do 4 man window watching, though I doubt it is a valuable strategy.

Also, the pic of the spire in the start room says 3 by the tower. I wondered if tht meant 3 towers in all of the maps, or simply to turn the power on 3 times.

I turned power on, then off, then on and ric said some odd things and destroyed a few turbines of mine after that, he wanted me to take the jetgun instead. Just a thought...

Minor Update: Surviving to round 15 without touching the power doesn't activate Maxis' intro line and based on that I don't think it can be activated by surviving rounds. It's possible that it's actually activated by interacting with a radio of some sort since Maxis talks to you through a radio and there's no explanation as to how he does that. I'm going to try out hitting the TV a ton of times before doing anything else, I heard that Maxis' message starts looping after playing through all the other messages, so maybe that's a place of interest.

I turned power on, then off, then on and ric said some odd things and destroyed a few turbines of mine after that, he wanted me to take the jetgun instead. Just a thought...

I'll try checking this out as well.

I didn't play Zombies for a couple weeks, and my Navcard table reset. I still had the actual Navcard though. Also, I completed Richtofen's side of the EE without having the table built, so there is currently no use for it in the game that we know of. Though I think it's safe to assume it's use will come with future DLC. Regardless, Richtofen talks about the table as well, so you're basically saying that unheard lines from Maxis mean you need to use the Navcard table for him, but we should ignore the lines Richtofen has about it that are in the game?

Also, I think people over think the missing quotes too much. There are also unused quotes for Fire Sales... some things were obviously cut or changed before the game was finished, and they didn't bother to remove lines we're never supposed to access anyways. On the other hand.... they had to have known that someone would get into the files and listen to those lines eventually, so I have to wonder if 3arc put them in there just to troll us.

Finally, I don't see how you can state something is a "fact" with little to no evidence. The game has been out for months, with thousands of people actively searching for a continuation. I've seen COUNTLESS theories come and go.... and not ONE of them has led to anything. I've probably seen 50 "I have found the next step!!" threads on various forums where people have stated that they KNOW they have the answer.... and none of them have found this mystical continuation. Telling everyone that disagrees with you "NANANA GO AWAY I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOU!!!" doesn't make you any more right.

I think what Treyarch meant by "this is the most innovative zombies yet" is that we have to collect things from future DLC's and bring them back to TranZit to complete the Easter Egg. I look at Tranzit as Treyarch's baby and they still have massive plans for it.

I'm willing to bet that by the time that the 4th DLC has come out some time in September 2013, TranZit will have all types of new areas and Wunder Weapons available. Each DLC that drops will add something new to TranZit. THAT is why Treyarch isn't saying anything to us. Also, I'm willing to bet that future DLC'S will play part in our ranking system as well.

This thread is for discussing the continuation IN TRANZIT. Keep speculation about future maps to other threads, please, talking about it being continued in future DLCs only clogs this one up. In the original post there's tons of evidence to justify looking around in Tranzit.

Anyways, UPDATE here, Jimmy Zielinski posted the following as a hint:

"it may be points, or what ever you call them. Wait appropriate amount of time, then continue to work."

It's very possible we need to collect a certain amount of points without touching the power/activating any of Maxis' quotes other than the Turbine, and he will say his introductory line, whereafter we can work towards completing the whole thing. It seems like the devs are getting kind of anxious here, possibly because Die Rise is coming out soon.

I've got some exams to study for and I'm not all that great at zombies, so it would benefit the entire community if anybody who's good enough/has free time could try out hitting as high a point count as possible without activating any of Maxis' lines beforehand, possibly even without building the turbine (however I don't believe that's a requirement.)

EDIT: Also, the TV doesn't do anything and I didn't hear anything from Richtofen that I hadn't in the past (having done his side up to where you need 4 people to EMP the lamps.)