Future Zombies Treyarch Hints from DICE Chat

Okay, well I dont know what to say about it past the blank portrait and FIVE

Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-2-Origins.png

Look at this image of the teaser, the characters faces were seemingly not final, especially Takeo and Richtofen. The clothing on the other hand was. But what I am getting at is, this is one of the scratched out images. When did it happen in Origins? I know it could be for the teaser alone but maybe their is more to it and this is possibly a part of a cutscene that we never got to see. Imagine these guys looking up at one of those giants. Notice how in this teaser it goes backwards through time, showing past maps, until finally we get to somebody running in the trenches, who was that person and was that also just for the teaser or something more?

From the start Richtofen played a big part in the story, he let out the zombies in the first place considering his quotes, but he doesnt have remorse about it. Then throughout the story he leads the others all the way to Moon. You really need to think of the repercussions of him not existing in that time. The zombies would not have been released in the same way, I think that Treyarch are going to make a new version of the story that will end up resolving both timelines, if these timelines even exist its just my theory.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when the Origins cutscene was released, it occurred to me (and others) that Richtofen might actually be another version of himself, jumping into his body from the past. That's why he looks at his hands confused trying to figure out where he is, then he remembers what happens in that moment and glances up at the robot that he knew was coming from before. Then he goes through the steps of everything he needs to accomplish as if he is reminding himself or refreshing his memory.

How could this be possible though? I think that as we see in the Maxis ending, Richtofen gets his power restricted so that he is only capable of possessing one entity at a time. That's his punishment from Maxis. Then Let's say he figures out how to possess entities from a different period in time, but still just one. Who does he choose to possess? The one most likely to let him reach agartha, his past self from Origins.

Remember that Origins Richtofen has mostly benign quotes compared to the psychotic Richtofen we know. I honestly think that if this is correct, he is just faking. He even yells out occasionally "You will not stop me from reaching Agartha!" that seems really out of character for origins Richtofen right? considering he frequently says "Agartha is a myth" and states that he has no intentions of helping Sam.

Honestly to me it seems like it's possible that the Richtofen from origins is somebody else, potentially himself from later on. How is this relevant to his face being scratched out? I really doubt Richtofen would ever PLAN on getting his past self killed, unless that somehow led to him being more powerful in Agartha. Alternately it could just be Maxis, aware of Richtofen trying to change the past, scratching out his face signifying that he wants him dead. But as we know, the Omnipotent beings can't really look at more than one frame of time. That's why Sam was so lonely for decades as the ruler. But maybe Maxis and Richtofen found a way in buried. I got the impression that those two were stronger than sam anyway.

• Administrators

Is it just me, or does the Pentagon Thief have a 935 logo on the pouch? Off topic, I know, but I barely saw that and I'm 101% sure it's been discussed to death already.

@Electric Jesus If so, then Richtofen is a good actor and making himself seem...tranquil and relaxed. That moment of him looking at his hands is the realization of what he's doing from the eyes of the three heroes. He was so rushed in saving Maxis' life and fretting over the outbreak at the dig site that he never got to realize what it looked like he was doing, and the severity of the current situation. But it does seem very odd that he would take sudden interest in Agartha after lambasting Maxis about it.

ok guys i got some more information on johnston island, there is a connection to the date and the vietnamese writing... apparently the chemical agent orange was kept at johnston island, it was used in chemical warfare against the vietnamese, it caused hundreds of thousands of mutations and birth defects....

also the date 2 oct 1962 as stated before is the date of- codename: androscoggin.

it was a nuclear test involved in- codename: DOMINIC.. that fizzled(did not work)

Okay, I am going to clear up as best to my knowledge why Richtofen acts the way he does. He looks down at his hands in the cutscene. Almost as if he just got there. Then he makes some interesting quotes...

"Gah! I...I am alive! Ja...his brain...where's the brain? I completed the operation, just before the robot attacked. Nein, Maxis must wait. They will be here again soon. I must prepare the defenses, start up the conversion generators."- Richtofen. 

Interestingly he is surprised that he is... alive. He also mentions that he saved Maxis, as if he didn't know he was doing it.

"After we breached the catacombs at the digsite, my men began to...get sick. Within a day they became like the others: living dead."- Richtofen

When telling the characters this, he says his men. Was he one of the men in gas masks who broke into the main chamber? How can he have been, right?

"Did i do something? I mean, apart from "accidentally" unleashing the zombie horde."- Richtofen

Richtofen unleashed the zombies? But we saw men in gas masks break the seal, then from the darkness. Something attacked the men. If Richtofen was the one who broke into the chamber, wouldn't he have died? Maybe not as we do not see anyone initially die, we just skip to somebody being eaten. Possibly from the darkness, Richtofen could have been saved where as the others weren't. But who by? Well considering he isn't really with it when we see him in the later part of the intro, he could have somehow been taken over by something. Also the infection from the undead escaping the mound didn't happen over night like the chalk drawings, I mean there is a lot of men fighting in the trenches, the infection must have spread over at least a couple of days.

So do you guys think Richtofen was one of the ones who dug into the mound? Also I want to point out that Richtofen himself in this map is not the only one who is different. Nikolai is quite smart and doesnt need Vodka. Dempsey is very calm and not in the same mind set as other maps. Takeo is also a bit more vocal. The characters become the ones we see over a period of time, but Richtofen is already a bit bloodthirsty as heard by some quotes. But he isn't insane. So take in mind all characters are different before, not just Richtofen.

Oh dear... I just had nightmarish images of why Takeo doesn't talk anymore and Nikolai needs Vodka. Also the mexican, forget about him he had some freaky stuff going on.

I know about the 115 but remember that Dempsey is quite angry in the CotD radioes anyways, we do not know when they specifically turned from how they were in Origins to at least CotD.

is it possible that the origins we know is a start of another timeline? but the photos of edward scribbled out is from the original timeline that we know with the o4 ??

from what i remember from waw and bo's easter eggs, origins is not the way the o4 all met...

Edited by BennetsGreen

We have no proof that Origins isnt how they met, their memories are erased and Eddy is a liar. It doesnt mean they didnt meet that way at all, its just confusing at the moment.

We have no proof that Origins isnt how they met, their memories are erased and Eddy is a liar. It doesnt mean they didnt meet that way at all, its just confusing at the moment.

Their ages confuse me tho. They'd be much older. I did like MMX's theory tho, about it being a result of Buried, therefore rewriting history, turning the story into a game.
  • Administrators

is it possible that the origins we know is a start of another timeline? but the photos of edward scribbled out is from the original timeline that we know with the o4 ??

It's hard to tell. From the photos of Richtofen scribbled out, he seems to be purposefully erased from Origins. Additionally, some of those exact photos and edits are done on top of a book/paper with what appears to be colored pencils or crayons. I'd like to theorize that this is post-Origins, and may further conclude that Eddy - in the end cutscene - is indeed our Edward Richtofen but put into the same timeline during Samantha's childhood so that he doesn't grow to become the maniacal Richtofen we've come to love, but rather a changed boy that has grown under the care of Maxis and Samantha to prevent all that had once occurred. Hence, the removal of him from the photos.

Wow, nice to see my theory about Eddy being Richtofrn makes sense.

I always thought the O4 were older, appearances don't mean much in zombies anyways but maybe time travel slowed their physical ageing?

The documents on the underneath of everything is about the atmospheric nuclear explosion at Johnston Island. You can see the nuclear explosion in the middle left of the first image and the date (Oct 2 1962) at the bottom left of the second:PerkCaps.png935-115.png

Bottom says:

nguy hiem

DANGER/DEATH

"nguy hiem" is vietnamese for "danger"

Maybe we are going to Vietnam for the next game???

- Mix

@Tac - Could you clarify for me what part of the picture shows/hints at the Johnson Atoll? As the date stamp of "2nd Oct 1962" would be stamped onto a document after the document was produced.

@MixMasterNut - Interesting that "nguy hiem" is on the other document. (I think this is also in the ammo crates in Shangri-la? I know they have Vietnamese writing on them)

What I'm getting at is, as a link between the date "Oct 1962" & "Vietnamese writing" would be the Cuban Missile Crisis & the Vietnamese war. Pretty much the Black Ops campaign story. Don't know if that's just old documents, a ruse to throw us off? Or the 2 countries we havent been to in Zombies which appear in the Nacht crates -

Cuba & Vietnam

post-127987-0-82920500-1423487928.jpg

Though this seems like a real step backwards, straight from Black Ops. I'm prob way off here.

• Administrators

@Tac - Could you clarify for me what part of the picture shows/hints at the Johnson Atoll? As the date stamp of "2nd Oct 1962" would be stamped onto a document after the document was produced.

Go straight down from "Off Brand" and it says "Oct 2 1962" at the bottom. I was mistaken about the explosion, that was incorrect. However, the only important thing about Oct 2nd was the nuclear explosion. You're correct, however, that the stamp could insinuate the document is from another time and it's unrelated.

@MixMasterNut - Interesting that "nguy hiem" is on the other document. (I think this is also in the ammo crates in Shangri-la? I know they have Vietnamese writing on them)

If I remember correctly, the Vietnamese writing on the Shangri-La crates is actually talking about rockets and propellant (the monkey shooting into the sky) and doesn't say nguy hiem, but I may be wrong.

What I'm getting at is, as a link between the date "Oct 1962" & "Vietnamese writing" would be the Cuban Missile Crisis & the Vietnamese war. Pretty much the Black Ops campaign story. Don't know if that's just old documents, a ruse to throw us off? Or the 2 countries we havent been to in Zombies which appear in the Nacht crates -

I personally don't think it could be the Cuban Missile Crisis, because not until October 14th was it known that any missiles were in Cuba. You may be on to something with the Nacht screen, though. Good thinking.

on oct 2nd 1962, no nuke was detonated.. it fizzled and did not work... thats why I'm wondering why that date is there for a bomb that didn't work??? if you want to check it out look up codename : Androscoggin. i also stated before a chemical named agent orange was stored on johnston atoll... which they used in warfare against the vietnamese and it caused 1000's of birth defects and mutations.

• Administrators

I was playing on that map for a couple hours back when @Tac and I were doing research on Shangri-la and the boxes translated to "rocket fuel". It seemed ideal that it be for the monkey rockets, but considering the Ascension landers around the map and obvious Russian involvement, it's probable that this acted as a testing ground for the lunar landers as well (or their construction at least).

I'd bet all my money that we'll be seeing some kind of Vietnamese map. That, or they're going through another 20th century phase in-game. Either way, I am totally stoked.