What Makes a Wonder Weapon a Wonder Weapon?

I've seen this question pop up quite a few times, not only on here but in-game as well. Randoms will say that they're getting the Wonder Weapon on Die Rise, while another "corrects" them in saying that the Sliquifier is not such a weapon. So I ask you all, what defines a Wonder Weapon?

To me, I believe any weapon in the game that meets the following criteria is a Wonder Weapon:

1. It is a strange, unique type of weapon that you wouldn't expect to find in real life scenarios.
  2. It does a great deal of damage, usually being able to one-shot-kill zombies and other enemies for a good number of rounds.
  3. It is "tough" to obtain, either requiring luck with the Mystery Box or other ways.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a Wonder Weapon can not be made By random Survivors and Needs to be a cutting edge piece of technology. A water gun filled with soap does not count and a jet Gun s just a get engine

Interesting thought, but shouldn't the fact that random survivors made weapons that can effectively kill zombies come into this equation?

I agree with your list, Flammen.

The "Wonder" in Wonder Weapon refers to the amazing and efficient way of killing large amounts of enemies with minimal work.

It's not about how "wonderful" the technology powering the gun (like the 115 req.) or parts that make the weapon work are. (Group 935 weapons only/no guns made by survivors count)

I think a Wonder Weapon can not be made By random Survivors and Needs to be a cutting edge piece of technology. A water gun filled with soap does not count and a jet Gun s just a get engine

Interesting thought, but shouldn't the fact that random survivors made weapons that can effectively kill zombies come into this equation?

Sure, It can effectively Kill zombies. But then again the Pulse thingy in Buried can Kill zombies effectively and It can not be considered a wonder weapon. I think we should categorize the Sliquifier and the Jet gun as SUper weapons. Give it it's own category

In my personal opinion, a wonder weapon is the (in most cases) map exclusive weapon that is usually the gun that will kill more than one zombie and keep working when the others fail. The big, badass gun that everyone wants... even those that pretend they don't.

I don't care who made it or what's in it and neither do the people who have no interest in the storyline. It is just a common thing now within the community to call the "big" gun the wonder weapon and that's good enough for me.

Getting overly technical about it is a bit silly in my opinion. We know the true definition from the storyline, but I think people who argue the case, especially in a public lobbies are hilarious.

My opinion...

Ever hear of the wonder weapon program? The Program run by Group 935? The program that gave birth to the Ray Gun, Wunderwaffe, Etc.? It's called the Wonder Weapon Program for a reason. Any gun that was not made by Group 935 could not possibly be considered a wonder weapon, because it wouldn't have been in the "Wonder Weapon" Program.

The Jet Gun, Sliquifier, and Blundergat are most likely not wonder weapons. The jet Gun is just a "portable jet engine". The Sliquifer could POSSIBLY be a wonder weapon because of the liquid in it. Although it's still assembled by a group of survivors. The Blundergat I would argue that it's not, but idk about that one(or even the acid gat for that matter)

I think a proper name for the Jet Gun and other weapons like it would be "super weapons".

The Wonder Weapon program wasn't created by Group 935, so you can't say that only 935 made weapons count.

And since the term is still used today to describe powerful weapons, you can't say it's World War 2 / 115 weapons only.

If you prefer to exclude the less powerful and handmade special zombie weapons from your personal WuWa list that's fine, but calling/labelling them super weapons instead of wonder weapons is just silly.

Wonder Weapon means Super Weapon.

Wunderwaffe: german for wonder weapon.

A term used by nazi propaganda to describe "superweapons" that - once used by a party who's chances were slim to none prior to using the weapons - would suddenly turn the tide and result in a unexpected victory by the losing party thanks to said wunderwaffes special advantages.

Nowhere does it state that only weapons from the program are Wonder Weapons.

Because if that was the case then the term wouldn't still be used today to describe powerful weapons.

So it really has nothing to do with Group 935 other than the fact that Maxis made them design, create and produce wunder weapons for the Third Reich.

The program itself wasn't made by them, it was made by the Third Reich and they funded Group 935 to create such super weapons. Recall Maxis's complaining about how he needed more time and money to finish up and mass produce the DG-2.

Can any of you name a liquid that converts organic matter into more of said liquid? No? Sliquifier is a wonder weapon.

Jet gun however is not, it is just a weaponized jet turbine...

So wonder weapons are:

-Ray gun

-Mark 2

-All map guns from bo1

-Sliquifier

-Acid Gat

-Paralyzer

-Upgraded staves

-Gersh Device

-QED

-Monkey bomb is arguable, as its just a toy plus dynamite... And we are unaware if the zombies chase it because of some technology or pheremone or if samantha just liked it and richtofen continues the tradition.

-Matrosyka is again kinda iffy... Its just a bunch of bombs inside bigger bombs.

-Scavanger is likely just sniper bullets with some sort of c4 attached.

-Hells retriever is of very unknown origin.. It dosent look of this earth so im not sure what to classify it as.

Wunderwaffe: german for wonder weapon.

A term used by nazi propaganda to describe "superweapons" that - once used by a party who's chances were slim to none prior to using the weapons - would suddenly turn the tide and result in a unexpected victory by the losing party thanks to said wunderwaffes special advantages.

Nowhere does it state that only weapons from the program are Wonder Weapons.

Because if that was the case then the term wouldn't still be used today to describe powerful weapons.

So it really has nothing to do with Group 935 other than the fact that Maxis made them design, create and produce wunder weapons for the Third Reich.

The program itself wasn't made by them, it was made by the Third Reich and they funded Group 935 to create such super weapons. Recall Maxis's complaining about how he needed more time and money to finish up and mass produce the DG-2.

Okay so Group 935 didn't create the WW Program. That's not what this thread is about.

The point is that the gun must be created in the Wonder Weapon Program to be considered a wonder weapon( still my opinion btw)

Looking at it from your perspective, any gun could potentially be a wonder weapon. As long as it saves the day so to speak.

You're basically saying that the Wonder Weapon Program had no significance in Zombies whatsoever. If just anyone could create these wonder weapons, the WWP would have no reason to exist.

Now you're just trolling.

Go back and actually take the time to read my posts.

Wonder Weapons are revolutionary super weapons.

That's how the Nazis defined WWs back then, and that's how they are still defined to this day.

So how you can still claim that only weapons from the WuWa program can be called wonder weapons is beyond me.

Is the Thundergun a wonder weapon? Of course, how many other guns made during that time period have the ability to blast through dozens of soldiers. And if you gave 100 soldiers thunderguns versus 1000 soldiers wearing AKs well you can guess the outcome.

"No it's not because it didn't originate from the Wonder Weapon program" is simply false, reasons mentioned above.

Hell I'd be a general to say a "Wonder Weapon" is simply cutting-edge weaponry that has unique characteristics that give you an advantage over standard weapons. Weapons like the DG-2/3 or Thundergun are capable of eliminating multiple targets in a wide and/or long radius, thus punching a hole in overwhelming numbers. And with the apparent argument that some weapons are questionably "Wonder Weapons", I'd simply say that if it's capable of killing or harming someone, then it's a weapon. Virtually anything could be a weapon, really, but if it's specifically designed to throw off or harm your target in the least, then it's definitely a weapon by design.

Hell I'd be a general to say a "Wonder Weapon" is simply cutting-edge weaponry that has unique characteristics that give you an advantage over standard weapons. Weapons like the DG-2/3 or Thundergun are capable of eliminating multiple targets in a wide and/or long radius, thus punching a hole in overwhelming numbers. And with the apparent argument that some weapons are questionably "Wonder Weapons", I'd simply say that if it's capable of killing or harming someone, then it's a weapon. Virtually anything could be a weapon, really, but if it's specifically designed to throw off or harm your target in the least, then it's definitely a weapon by design.

This is similar to the mindset I have regarding the matter, really. Any weapon that has those "unique characteristics" is deemed a Wonder Weapon to me.

No one is trolling. (Surprised I even have to say that) jeez can't anyone on CoDZ have a decent debate without getting defensive?

I get what your saying. Though. But still. My observation:

Let's take the jet gun for example.

I would call the jet gun a "wonder weapon". And I would call the DG-2 a "Wonder Weapon". See the difference in capitalization? That's the way is see it. An exceedingly powerful weapon deserves the adjective of wonder. But not the title of Wonder Weapon. Once again that's just the way I see it.

Edited by thegoldenspork115

The blundergat is not a wonder weapon to me, it's just a shotgun, even with it's high power, that's all it is. 

the acidgat is a wonder weapon however.

Scavenger:  it's just a high power sniper with highly explosive bolts, but the actual make of  it's blasts are more deadly then that of a normal blast. I'm on the edge with this one. 

Jet gun: Absolutely not. It's not even a weapon it's just a plane turbine that's been re-used to destroy zombies at a very disappointing rate.

Seliquifier I'm also if-y about as it could be 115, or it could just be concentrated benzene. 

Staffs: 100%: Wonder weapon

TIme bombs: They are wonder weapons, however they can only be used to attack the fabric of space and time. 

Flamethrower: No… Just a not-very-cool weapon… 

I abhor using such subjective terms.

Wonder Weapon - A weapon that utilizes Element 115 or ethereal energy in its operation prior to being Pack-A-Punched.

Simple.

Wonder Weapons:

Ray Gun

Wunderwaffe DG-2

Monkey Bomb

Thundergun

Winter's Howl

Gersch Device

Matryoshka Dolls

V-R11

Scavenger

31-79 JGb215

Zap Gun Dual Wield

Quantum Entanglement Device

Sliquifier

Acid Gat

H*ll's Retriever

Silver Spoon

Ray Gun Mark II

Paralyzer

Time Bomb

Staff of Fire

Staff of Lightning

Staff of Wind

Staff of Ice

Beacon

One Inch Punch

Not Wonder Weapons:

M2 Flamethrower

Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23

EMP Grenade

Spikemore

M1911

Arisaka

Crossbow Explosive-Tip

Ballistic Knife

LSAT

… and everything else

I abhor using such subjective terms.

Wonder Weapon - A weapon that utilizes Element 115 or ethereal energy in its operation prior to being Pack-A-Punched.

Simple.

Wonder Weapons:

Ray Gun

Wunderwaffe DG-2

Monkey Bomb

Thundergun

Winter's Howl

Gersch Device

Matryoshka Dolls

V-R11

Scavenger

31-79 JGb215

Zap Gun Dual Wield

Quantum Entanglement Device

Sliquifier

Acid Gat

H*ll's Retriever

Silver Spoon

Ray Gun Mark II

Paralyzer

Time Bomb

Staff of Fire

Staff of Lightning

Staff of Wind

Staff of Ice

Beacon

One Inch Punch

Not Wonder Weapons:

M2 Flamethrower

Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23

EMP Grenade

Spikemore

M1911

Arisaka

Crossbow Explosive-Tip

Ballistic Knife

LSAT

… and everything else

tanuheje.jpg

The silver spoon, more dangerous than you can possibly imagine... XD I'm not gonna argue with that one, I just find it funny. I was reading these other high techy names then I see "the silver spoon".

But agreed.