Greatest Idea Ever: Mic lobbies

Good idea?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Imagine you're playing a simple game of zombies, again, spending more time shifting through lobbies looking for decent players with mics to play with. But every game you get just leaves you with a no-mic-er or three who, while they may be good, are difficult to corporate with.  

So I came up with the idea of a mic-only lobby, 

A choice, much like "best-all connections", which allows one to ONLY search for players with mics, you have to have your mic plugged in for this and without it you will not be allowed to access the lobbies. 

Now, this setting is mainly tied to PS4 and XBO systems, even though the XBO comes with a built-in kinnect, it will require voice activation to enter the lobby. 

If your mic is to come unplugged for some reason, no fret, just plug it back in quickly as you're given a 4 minute period before it kicks you for not having the mic in. 

What do you think? 

Edited by Stop mocking me0
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People have been screaming out for 'mic only' lobbies for a while now. It was hoped that it would be implemented into Black Ops 2 but it didn't happen.

Someone from Treyarch came out and said it was a none starter anyway. They said what would stop a person joining a mic only lobby only to remove their mic once the game starts, and for reasons like that one it is non-viable. Having a countdown to plug your mic back in would just see a spate of trolls joining and then removing their mics to effectively end games or cause intentional interruption.

As much as I would love to see such a feature incorporated, I can also understand why it has not and probably won't in the future.

this isn't a new idea by any means. there have been countless threads, tweets, etc. asking for mic only lobbies.  problem is, its not possible.  i mean what happens if you pull your mic out?  you get kicked out? what if it accidentally comes unplugged? booted from the game?

its something people want, but is just not feasable at all

this isn't a new idea by any means. there have been countless threads, tweets, etc. asking for mic only lobbies.  problem is, its not possible.  i mean what happens if you pull your mic out?  you get kicked out? what if it accidentally comes unplugged? booted from the game?

its something people want, but is just not feasable at all

Yet to see one on the future section, or general zombies section in the 3 years I've been here. Also i answered this: You have a 4 minute delay FROM THE MAIN LOBBY, not the game, to plug the device. Still not perfect, but improved none the less. 

The entire concept is flawed. The whole point is to basically segregate the good from the bad, the fun from the annoying. Having a mic does not determine that in any shape or form whatsoever.

That you determined by yourself, In no way is this meant to sanction the good from the bad.  There are countless lobbys of squeekers, trolls, and "big shots" who fail at everything in a game and talk their mouths off. What it does do, is separate those who are not able to speak from those who are. 

Benefits:

-everyone in the lobby should have a mic.

-Improved communication barriers

-easter egg able lobbys are more common

-Non-speakers now have a whole separate lobby bace for when you just want to play and not talk. 

Cons: 

-Not one I can think of...

While I'd also love to see it, it would make it so much longer to find a lobby.

I don't have very good internet, and sometimes I could wait 5 mins before I even get into a game. If all the players with mics suddenly moved to best only, I'd never get into a lobby.

Not an issue: 

There are now 4 settings: 

-All lobbys

-Normal connections

-Best connections 

-All connections-mics only.

And believe me… I KNOW your pain, it can take me over 10 minutes just to find a halfway decent lobby that just quits on you for no reason anyhow. 

I would rather play with someone without a mic, than someone using a kinect. Those things are murder on my ears.

Well… That's tough… xbox one comes with a built in kinnect: Mic lobby or no mic lobby kinnects are gong to be used by SO many people come COD 12. 

In fact, this idea actually helps your predicament: As you now have the option to search for a lobby where as all the kinnects (who have mics) will all be in the mic section. Making it much easier to find a kinnect free lobby.

You know the game already comes with a feature to exclude those with less than optimal connection, right?

Last I checked no where does it say ultra-high speed internet is required to play the main game.

Excellent defense, Mocking. I need to think more about the idea. I don't feel like it can work out too well, but I'm not sure why.

Well, mocking, I suppose having options of any kind to split up who you find, almost like a dating service or Facebook no?, can be a good thing. However another flaw I see in the design is that it makes matchmaking only work when popular. In the off-seasons, when finding people takes a long time, having further division and segregation will make multiplier zombies almost impossible.

I am pretty sure I'm at the minority here, but I absolutely hate mics on random lobbies.

It is a different story if I'm playing with guys on here or going for something serious, but for the most part with randoms I tune them out completely with comedy. To me 99% of the people who use them abuse the privilege to be heard. Guys who play commander, guys who asks for cooperations beyond normality, guys who play DJs, guys who fail to maintain the conversions to brief, among many others who annoy the heck out of me. Only once in a blue moon do I get an individual who uses the mic properly the way it is intended to.

Playing this game, I feel I have good enough sense of what you are trying to achieve and go with the flow, or survive on my own if I so choose. I feel I can be just as effective with out it, or not let it be an issue. Games with objectives or with friends are obviously different, I would have my mic ready and yap away.

Do I prefer a mic only lobby? Sure, just so I be on the other side.

You shouldn't exclude people from certain lobbies just because they have / don't have an accessoire that's not even required to play the main game.

1: Xbox one comes with a kinnect that allows you to speak

2: Why not? Die rise is not required to play black ops 2 zombies, but you can't get into a Die rise lobby without it in some form. 

3: This in no way demotes the use or non use of mics, only separates them. Do no-mics care about mics? They shouldn't as they can't communicate easily, do mics care about non-mics? Sometimes but in a majority of the matches I've seen many people refuse to play with non-mics. That's already segregation, now we're just making it so less people get directly offended. 

Ok then, but no one has any control over that. The kinnect can be used as a mic yes? Well that right there is a reason to use the kinnect over a normal mic. HUNDREDS of people will choose kinnect over purchasing a new mic. They will play the next installment of zombies too. And no-mic lobby or not, they will put hell on your ears… 

You can't escape your fate boom! MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHActually that sucks for everyone….

Rather than a flat-out mic only lobby, what about a mic preference option?

So like in Bo2 you click square or x whilst choosing a map you get the search preferences, maybe have a fourth option of mics on/off.

Say there's 20 matching players, 10 of which have mics. With the "on" option, you'll get connected with any of the 10 players with mics. If it's set to "off", it'll be just like it is now.

But it's still only a preference, so you may still get a full lobby of no-micers, but mics would be put together quicker. The deciding factor would be what connection setting you have it on. For example: Best and few games with mics or Any and lots of mics.

Personally thats how I thought it worked, with multiple lobbies built around the filter system. 

All: No filter system, you can get into this lobby any way you can. 

Normal: Only 2-4 bar connection. 

Best: Only 3-4 bat connections. 

But yes that's what I meant from the beginning what you're describing.