Is the PS4 going to be the new lead platform for CoD?

It would be logical for Activision to support PS4 as the sales are much bigger than those of Xbox One. So I don't think they would renew the contract with Microsoft, either drop it all together or make one with Sony.

i've heard quite the opposite lately, mainly because of the release of titanfall and titanfall/xbone combo packs.  Hear xbone sales are kicking up ahead of ps4 now

Well I heard that while Titanfall gave a nice boost to the sales they are lacking quite far behind. Sony has said they can't keep up with the demand and we are not able to see much stock until the summer. PS4 I think has sold roughly twice more than Xbox One.  I would assume this is something publishers are taking in condiresation.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this thread:

"So what could this mean for Playstation users:

• No more freezing while playing online
  • No more less than 60 fps
  • No more frame rate lag after killing more than 6 zombies in less than a second
  • No more waiting a month for overpriced DLC"

1. Freezing happens on Xbox too. Maybe it wasn't as much, but it certainly does a lot nowadays since the Xbox One came out.

2. 60 FPS is absolutely wasteful. The human eye can only just barely discern the difference.

3. Isn't that universal?

4. They way you say that is as if Sony gets overpriced DLC. Price is the same, even if overly so. It's just a month wait. It stinks, but that is really the only real issue.

Regardless of truth to any rumors, I would gladly wait the one month than put up with an Xbox One.

Just saw this thread:

"So what could this mean for Playstation users:

• No more freezing while playing online
  • No more less than 60 fps
  • No more frame rate lag after killing more than 6 zombies in less than a second
  • No more waiting a month for overpriced DLC"

1. Freezing happens on Xbox too. Maybe it wasn't as much, but it certainly does a lot nowadays since the Xbox One came out.

2. 60 FPS is absolutely wasteful. The human eye can only just barely discern the difference.

3. Isn't that universal?

4. They way you say that is as if Sony gets overpriced DLC. Price is the same, even if overly so. It's just a month wait. It stinks, but that is really the only real issue.

Regardless of truth to any rumors, I would gladly wait the one month than put up with an Xbox One.

Sorry but 60 FPS is not wasetful, it greates a lot smoother effect and the eye can detect the difference.

It is wasteful. I make animations for a living. Anything above 30 is simply not worth the time. Games can get away with it because they have real-time rendering engines, but don't ever expect any market besides video gaming to waste their time.

Yeah for motion Picture and So on it's not that important and the extra work that would go in it is not really justified but for games where players interact with the picture and are much more focused there is a significant difference.

• 3 weeks later...

And in comparison to Xbox?

"In comparison, the PS4 arch rival, the Xbox One, is believed to have sold just 3 million units since its launch though that’s unconfirmed data at the moment. In PAL markets, Europe especially, the PS4 outsold the One at a ratio of 7:1 last week. By analytics’ estimations PS4 sales in PAL regions for the week were around 180,000 units, while the Xbox One managed to sell just 25,000 units in the same markets."

http://blog.gsmarena.com/playstation-4-hits-7-million-global-sales-outsells-the-xbox-one-by-71-in-europe/

I would personally be absolutely pissed if this was true, no offense to Playstation players, but I am a devoted 360 user, and plan to get a Xbox One probably when the next Treyarch game comes out for it, I have a PS3, and probably will get a PS4, but I have no plans to buy COD for two separate systems, I am buying for Xbox, so I would be a bit miffed, no offense to any PS users, just how I feel.

I can't believe any rumor like this for one reason.  Xbox is the sponsor for the Call of Duty Championships, providing 100s of thousands of dollars in support of their game.  They aren't just going to give them the finger like that.  If they did, you can say goodbye to your million dollar championship.

That is impressive stuff.

Xbox still hasn't reported their numbers, but I'll assume it's probably around 5 million.

My one issue with numbers at this point is this.  PS4 has released worldwide, if not to a large majority of their supported areas from PS3.  Xbox still has only released to 13 territories, with a ton more to come.  PS4 should be outselling Xbox.  They haven't even opened sales to a large group of people.

That is impressive stuff.

Xbox still hasn't reported their numbers, but I'll assume it's probably around 5 million.

My one issue with numbers at this point is this.  PS4 has released worldwide, if not to a large majority of their supported areas from PS3.  Xbox still has only released to 13 territories, with a ton more to come.  PS4 should be outselling Xbox.  They haven't even opened sales to a large group of people.

It is estimated that One has sold 3 million units. On Europe last week the PS4 was selling 7:1 ratio compared to Xbox. It is true that the Xbox is still not released in many countires but it raisses question how many will wait so long to get Xbox. Also PS4 isn't keeping up with the demand and they have estimated to have some real stock not until late summer.

I really want a "golden era" of gaming again.

I consider the PS2 era to be one. The games were awesome, and so many fresh, epic ideas.

I recon in 10 years time, all I will remember of the PS3 and Xbox 360 is it started me on zombies, and Halo 3 was awesome.

I want the same again, but with new, innovative ideas. I don't care which platform is going to be lead platform for CoD, as long as whatever game comes next with zombies on it is awesome.

• Moderators

I think a golden era of gaming is a once in a lifetime kind of deal.

I am sure there are kids who grew up with a 360 or PS3 that had just as much fun as we had with the PS2 or N64 etc.

As Slade already said: Every version should be high quality and the PS3 versions of the recent CoDs haven't been.

• Moderators

Microsoft just revealed their numbers. 5 million consoles sold to retailers but no figure on how many have actually been sold to consumers like Sony revealed.

I don't know how it looks over in the USA but in Germany I could go into any store and buy like 10 Xbox One.

While the PS4 is completely sold out. <.<

I would like to know how many Microsoft have actually sold to consumers.

Initially my intention was to wait until the next zombies game to get a next-gen console, but the deal on the Xbox One/Titanfall bundle was too good to pass up. In 2 years if they were to switch up the deal and release DLC a month earlier on PS4, I would absolutely buy one for that fact alone.

Additionally, I wonder how much of a factor the perceived price difference in the two systems is in PS4's superior sales.

Edited by swappingspit

The gap in the sales between each console should not be taken too literal at the moment. There has been huge gulfs in the past during a consoles first year sales and they iron out pretty quickly when consoles drop to a more affordable price range. Let's not forget that there is millions of gamers who have stuck by their 360 still and will eventually upgrade, and it is almost certain they will purchase a One.

The figure MS put out was 5,000,000 units, but that includes ones still in the possession of retailers, so technically unsold. PS4 figure of 7,000,000 is actual sold units, but again, this gulf will decrease when the One becomes a more viable option financially and from a game stance. As is, there is barely any decent games worth actually upgrading for, so it is not exactly an attractive market still.

The One also sells in less countries, so it may get a boost if sold in more countries. Once the next Halo and Gears drop you can bet there will be a huge boost.

I really hope both consoles do well. If Xbox One/Playstation 4 tanks, that is bad for everyone. Sony/Microsoft will start thinking they are kings and will think they can do whatever. Charge ridiculous prices, subpar quality, etc. Competition is never bad, but not to the extent that fanboys take it. Both consoles are good and have their uses. It's just up to preference what one person wants.

Still on the fence as to if this could happen. If it's made on the PS4, it may be not to the fullest extent. Would have to work on the One as well. So that works in favour of the One, in that they may just make it on that and port it over.

Does anyone know when the contract is up? I imagine it is still in effect for Sledgehammer's game. Could still be up for 3arc's game as well.
Anyway news should be dropping soon for the next game? Don't they release stuff in May?