How do you want Season 4 to begin?

Since we're playing the waiting game, we might as well suggest some good ideas for Treyarch. If you had control over how Season 4 began both map-wise and story-line wise, how would it be? What map would you have? How are you gonna advance the story in the new map? Assuming the next chapter will be on just Xbone and PS4, we can be more adventurous with gameplay elements. I'll be editing in my suggestion when I stop procrastinating (which is never :P).

(My apologies if this kind of thread has been seen a lot.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a post-apocaliptic world where civilization has re-begun 373 years in the future, the effects of the "burning" era have reshaped the continents themselves drasticly, and only nine countrys still stand:

America,

Russia,

China,

India,

England,

Israel,

New-Japan,

New-rome

and of course, the now-dominant super-power

germany

95% now has New-German influence, ranging from huge advancements in weaponry and transportation.

THESE ARE COPY WRITTEN UNTIL I CAN FINISH MY COUNTDOWN FULLY!

it will consist of 7 maps:

A university (disk)

Samantha's house-aetheric consciousness (disk)

The Smithsonian museum

A group of crack-team-elite robbers pull off a heist in the city of New-London in a tower, only to have it turn into a hellish nightmare when they release a secret kept covered for years... Staring Saul Rubinek, Christopher Eccleston, Troy Baker, and Jude law.

The floating city of new-japan

The space-jump project in the heart of new Germany.... And the eye of the world, as this map also takes place on the Bontile satellite orbiting and watching the earth, look forward for large amounts of space-physics, steam-punked buildings, teleportation, and a voyage across the sea of space to find the secrets hidden in our own twisted paths....

The game would include a create-a-class system allowing one to change out SOME of the weapons in the box for others as well as your starting pistol and perm-perks... For a price... Also allowing the new goal of EARNING weapons to be put in the box through easter eggs, dlc, and completing specific tasks.

Wunderfiz would return, bringing the max amount of perks higher...

There would be a new team of characters that would use their new technology to bring-forth the heroes of years ago... Explaining the disappearance of the O4, and the N4...

Also as a compromise, what if trayarch did this:

Give out 3 maps and the zombies to Xbox players first, but keep one map from release, then when PS4 gets all the maps a month later, Xbox gets their final map too! IS that violation of contract? If it isn't I think everyone will enjoy it, as Xbox players now have more to look forward to a month later, BUT they also have the 75%+ of the dlc early, and now PS4 and PC players also get dlc new to EVERYone!

Also, nope this kinda thread hasn't been seen yet, but trust me, over the next 2 years... there will be PLENTY of these post to come...

• Administrators

with pack-a-punch at the top of the Pyramid.

Sounds familiar :lol:

I would like to see the non origins influenced storyline continue. Return to Area 51; although it would be expanded and run as normal survival mode. I'm really interested in seeing what would happen to Samantha next. I would also hope to see an epic opening cinematic where the N4 are brutally slaughtered :) I would expect to see some big changed in the way we play with the next gen consoles.

• 2 weeks later...

My original, fleshed out post was deleted, so here's a lamer one.

BO3 ships only on PS4, Xbone, and PC controversally with 3 stock maps. Main one is TranZition (working name) that's like Tranzit, but without the annoying fog, denizens, and 60 percent of the map being dead zones. It's praised by old and new fans for combining difficulty with fun and fair challenges. Our beloved TranZit 4 returns, with actual answers and character development this time. When downed, they'll begin to speak in a monologue like Mob of The Dead.

Map 2 is Dead Ops Arcade 2 featuring the Cosmic Silverback Jr. as a quick one-off map that's activated by the Konami code.

Map 3 takes place in a social area (such as a nightclub) that is now destroyed and populated by Zombies. We play as four fan-favorites from campaign as a bonus for completing it.

DLC 1 features the much awaited return of the Original Characters (guest starring Smantha Maxis as Edward Richtofen!) in Area 51's main base. Completing the side quest allows access to Moon's labs and biodome (Richtofen sealed the doors to the Pyramid cleverly).

DLC 2 features four blockbuster movie characters to keep with tradition. This time however, the side quest will tie into the main story in the interest of Time Management. New Character Trapped, anyone?

DLC 3 takes place in the Broken Arrow facility where Russman finally remembers what happened to him. Tensions rise and there's more story development.

DLC 4 is the big one. An 8 player map featuring the O4 and N4 fighting together. The end of the Easter Egg grants all 8/9 perks, and sweet, sweet Revenge. Whomever gets the most votes in the end of DLC 4 chooses which side is canon in terms of story.

Misty: You know Abby, this whole situation's been real ironic for ya. The teenage run-away turned leader. You never asked for this, did you? You were young, and wanted to live fast. Where was Mom to stop me from running? She loved me so much, but she was never there when I needed her. At least Daddy cared. Oh yeah, he'd search all around town looking for me. Is this why you run, Abigail? Because all you wanted in your life was a female inspiration? You run and you run, but you can't change yourself, no matter how fast you go. There's no turning back now. No matter how hard you try to cover your own insecurities by fitting in the guys, you will ALWAYS have a lingering regret of not being a nice girl. Abigail, you will never be a typical girl with typical problems. You have to stop running from the ugly truth sometime, and you know that. Someday, you will be too tired to run anymore.

Samuel: They never believed you, did they? You've seen things other wouldn't believe, and you carried on. Insane. Stupid. Moron. No matter what Richtofen tells you, you and I both know why you still eat. These were the same types of people who never took you seriously. They all called you a liar when you desperately wanted someone to believe you. Eventually, you started to believe in what they said. Your later claims were exaggerated and made up to soften the blow. You realize what you do to them in death is wrong, but they feel no pain. Somehow, the ones left alive will HAVE to believe you. You'll show them how wrong they were, and how they were the ones that caused your insanity. Not you. THEM!

MarltonWelcome to the New World. Where Brains aren't good for anything except to satisfy primal hungers. To be fair though, people still underestimated it in the Old World. 15 years old and you were already studying the effects of radiation. 15! You were on top of the world, but you know what they say. It's lonely at the top. People always looked past your superior knowledge and instead pointed out flaws. Your voice, your phobias, your life. Even with all the intelligence in the world, it doesn't mean a damn thing if you live in solitude, Marlton.

Russman:Once again, you're in a bad spot. You served your country, but you weren't happy with your life. You weren't ready to die just yet. Death is inescapable, Russ. yet you still tried. Broken Arrow seems like a dream, doesn't it? A great place suddenly swept away once they found out the truth. Marlton was just doing his job. You would've done the same thing in his position. You can't blame him for what you started. The lies would've had to stop someday. You know good and well there's always a price you pay. Losing everything you loved and then forgetting it all is the price you must pay for an ounce of immortality. Was it worth it? Was it worth placing all of that 115 in your body? It's time you stop blaming others for your misfortunes and face the music. When you look in the mirror, you see a monster.

In regards to the Story: Assuming most people voted for Richtofen in Buried, Richtofen's side is canon. He has nigh unlimited power, but he is stuck inside Samuel's body (how perverse!). His steps will involve getting even more power, and leaving Samuel's body piece by piece.

Maxis is replaced by a vengeful Samantha. Her steps will involve slowly reviving her now dead father in the Aether since he was the only one with a plan to stop him. In DLC 1, she's still in Richtofen's body, but doing the EE for both TranZition and DLC1 allows her to be her old body (albeit aged to that of a young woman).

Gamemodes: Turned is gone this game. Grief returns with an emphasis on "Grief". The mode features "Power-Downs" which are meant to hurt the other team. Power-Downs include but are not limited to

Min Ammo: 1/4 of the other team's total ammo is lost

Half Points: Reduces all points gained by half

Delayed-Death: All Zombies killed by other team will have a delayed reaction to death, similar to getting their heads shot off

Water Sale: Doubles the box's price for a whopping 5 minutes (this one is rare)

Ocean Sale: Doubles the PAP's price for a good 3 minutes.

Random Water Bottle: When you have 4 perks, it randomly dilutes a perk and makes you lose it (with the exception of Jugg and Mule Kick to be fair)

Bonus Debts: Lose between 500-1500 points on pickup.

Power-Downs in regular gameplay are very rare, but have an unlimited spawn rate per round. Usually, to receive one, you need to do a specific challenge a la Origins and then activate at a time of your choosing in a chest.

(I'll talk about gamemodes and make general revisions soon, but this is pretty much what I hope happens in Black Ops III. I really like this section. It's a shame people don't really use it that much,since this is a goldmine of great ideas.)

Playing as the N4, all day everyday.

Boss rounds for the first map at least, return of the Bonfire Sale, and a terminal-esque thing like in BO you can access to read about past stuff.

That's all I ask for.

Oh man, those are some good ideas. Give some classic features back, for sure.

Also, did a major edit on my previous post and included Grief suggestions and Death Monologues (all written by me, if you wanna throw tomatoes at someone.) More future map information to come soon (in Valve Time.)

"Oh no! Something terrible is about to happen to Russman -- quick do nothing!" - M

"Don't worry Russman, they're only after brains" - M

"Maybe I can use this key to lock up that sassy little bitch, Marlton" - R

"Stuhlinger's going down! And this time it's not even on Russman" - Misty

hahahaha

I love the chemistry between the N4.

They need to come back.

- Heather

As much as I love Steve, Fred, Nolan and Tom -- I don't want the 04 back. We've seen enough of them, they have outstayed their welcome. Time to begin anew and put all their focus on creating a good story with these new characters -- Samuel, Russman, Marlton and Misty.

- Heather

Well how about this:

Game 1: Brand group of characters (SG) satanic group

Game 2: Samule's crew. (N4)

Dlc1: SG -Their story ends here, no more games as them

Dlc2: Actors

Dlc3: N4 assisting O4 in safe area

Dlc4: O4 kicking ass, maybe helping the N4...

Greif mode: N4 vs SG

Neither the SG or the N4 can die permanently so they seem liable candidates for greif....

As much as I love Steve, Fred, Nolan and Tom -- I don't want the 04 back. We've seen enough of them, they have outstayed their welcome. Time to begin anew and put all their focus on creating a good story with these new characters -- Samuel, Russman, Marlton and Misty.

- Heather

i dont mind if next game we dont get the o4 or n4. but 3arc should at least give us a good clue of what happened to the o4. a bunch of unused richtofen qoutes isnt nessarcily giving us a clearer idea.

• 1 month later...

- Heather

While I do think it's time to pass the torch, we never really got our fair share of O4 last game. I'd at least want to play as them one last time and finally get some answers.

- Heather

While I do think it's time to pass the torch, we never really got our fair share of O4 last game. I'd at least want to play as them one last time and finally get some answers.

And we mean THEM as their amazing crazy selves.... Not normal younger versions...

And of course, we WILL be playing as Nikolai, Takeo, Tank, and Richtofen in the final map of the series....

There is NO quesstion about that... We're not going out with flipping Samule and Co....

• 1 month later...

Since we're hypothetically upping the ante, so to speak, with systems. Let's do something ground-breaking.

Players will start the game close to where BO II left off. Cinematic begins with Sam and Eddie leaving the basement after speaking with Maxis. Both children go to bed and players are transported with the children into a dream world.

This first map is not really a map at all, it's just a starting room with endless spawns that shifts with each kill and it shifts to become every starting room we've ever seen, beginning with Nacht, on down the line. Everytime a Zombie is killed, the image becomes all liquidy and melting and then morphs into the next starting room, but while it's morphing players still have control. This is meant to signify a dream world, the children are dreaming about their 'game'. This first map will be the initial map for all players when they enter Zombies mode and it must be played Solo. Players will be able to switch weapons normally, but when they switch will have a random weapon. So, I might begin with the M1911, but as soon as I switch I might pull out the M16. Switch again and I might have the Olympia, and so on. No player quotes will be heard, no announcer quotes will be heard, no power-ups will drop. If the player is killed prior to completing the cycle of starting rooms, the game launches normally and gives players a choice for the rest of their game that will alter the quotes they hear in-game, the EE steps, the WW's they can have, and the perk machines they'll see. If the player makes it all the way to the last starting room (Origins), the screen will solidify, there will be a sizable wave to defeat, and afterwards the player will make their choice, but also be able to change it anytime before any match.

The choice will be "Break the Cycle" or "Begin Anew."

If they choose Break the Cycle, it's meant to signify that the ending to Origins was Samantha breaking the cycle and she will become a playable character, along with Eddy and others TBD. 

If they choose Begin Anew, it's meant to signify that the Origins ending was all a game and the game can load without Samantha or Eddy, or anyone else from the previous games and a new storyline will start. 

Basically, I think it's within the system to do something like this. Give the players a choice as to how they want the story to continue and make it matter. Make each choice have a different set of WW's, a different set of perks and/or different spawns for them. 

As for differences in Co-op Zombies, simple, only match players that made the same choices.

In case someone wants to change their choice but didn't complete the initial dream map, Treyarch could either charge a small fee to 'Reset' the choice and the player could re-do the initial dream sequence, or there could be an EE in a later DLC that would allow a player to change their choice. 

I base this idea off the idea they started in BO II, but IMO didn't execute properly. That was the choice to follow Maxis or Richtofen for the individual EE's. Let's build on that, but make it affect more than just textures and quotes, make the choice affect the player's storyline and all story-related items. Replayability would be ultimately high, there'd be so much to discuss and EE's in other maps would be so much more complex now with 2 different stories and varying steps to consider. Now that there are some better systems out there, why not do something ground-breaking like this? It could ultimately model tons of future games, if done correctly. Choose your own adventure style.

I also want more RPG-esque skill building included. Instead of just assigning a rank and recording stats, why not reward players with increased accuracy, speed, health, etc.. in the form of skill points they can distribute where they want?

• 4 months later...

My idea for an awesome (in my personal opinion) storyline for the next game:

First map:
Cutscene shows shadowy figure banishing Richtofen (this is in the Die Rise comic form) and then Maxis laughs.

Richtofen (blue aura) is falling toward a red pit, then freezes. A distorted, demonic voice is heard: "Maxis cannot be allowed to destroy the world. This is your chance for redemption!" and his aura is frozen into the solid shape of a blue man. (Rest of cutscene will be added in a map idea I'm writing)

Then, throughout the story Richtofen works on gaining control, not via the towers, but via a 3rd way to enter the MPD with 3 new combinable artefacts to create a new Vril Generator, the Domination Device, and all the while slowing Maxis' roll of destruction. The Earth is beginning to tear itself apart. (But remember, Maxis didn't gain full control. He simply had enough power to remove Richtofen. He still needs to finish the job.)

Through this story, it is revealed that there is another Pyramid in Hollow Earth which can be taken control of, an override switch if you will, and this is what Richtofen aims to do if you follow his side of the story, and if you follow Maxis' side you aim to give him control of that too by building the Domination Device but charging it for Maxis by using electricity, compared to charging it for Richtofen by killing zombies in a certain area.

NOTE: In the O4 maps the 4th player is RichtoSam, not Richtofen. He serves more of an NPC role in this, communicating as a voice.

Once this is all done, all the Map EE's completed for the same side and the HEP (Hollow Earth Pyramid) reached, an Origins-style ending can be triggered by "Hold [use] to insert Domination Device" (There will be no trigger if the host hasn't completed all the EE's for a side)

NOTE: This ending is the same for both paths, however the Sided EE's do not come without a reward. A nice hefty 100G cheevo: "Loyalty Is No Match For Power" for Richtofen, and "A Father's Love is Limitless" for Maxis' and a special Gamerpic of a skull with special designs tailored toward whichever side you completed. This also resets progress and allows for the opposing side to be completed.

This cutscene shows Takeo holding the Device, which is glowing depending on which side you just completed, and walking toward the Pyramid while Maxis and Richtofen trade insults. Whichever side you did's being will be saying how he is so proud of your efforts and the opposing will be saying a bunch of stuff about how "it's not too late to change" and Takeo walks toward the Pyramid, surrounded by the rest of the O4, it opens, and Samantha rises from within (The Sam from Origins), saying "Surprise! So nice of you to bring me the Device, Edward!" and Richtofen curses, saying that the voice telling him what to do to assemble the device must have been Samantha, and as the Device floats into the HEP and Sam's eyes begin to glow yellow, it cuts to black.

Well.

I want to do a lot more expanding on this.

Treyarch pls use.

My idea time: 

You've just finished campaign, the world war (of the future) is over. A news reporter is seen showing the bright cheery faces of happy citizens.

All is fine until one image shows two children playing outside, samantha and richtofen. 

"Allright children, it's time to come downstairs!"-Maxis

American voice: "Why dad? The war is over! We don't need to hide!"

Richtofen american: "Yeah Mr. Maxis, everything's fine!"

M: That's Doctor Maxis!!

(Shrugs at samantha and walks towards the house)

R: Sam, you coming?

S:Fine… Just let me grab my bear!

M: Samantha you must come here NOW! 

(As she grabs the bear it starts leaking blood, the sky goes red, and things get scary.) 

S: Wah.. What? 

R: Uh.. What's going on? AHH! AH MY HEAD! 

S: Edward! 

M: (shadow from the door way): Samantha you must come NOW! 

R: AHAHAHA
M: no… 

S: *Turns around covered in blood* Daddy… I… (German accent sets in) Will… Must… 

R: (German accent returns) OOOHHOOOO It's too late now ya? She's putting the pieces together Ya? 

M: NO! SAMANTHA STOP THIS! STOP THIS NOW! 

(The world around them shatters, revealing the MPD room, which fades out, tank and nikolai are sitting on piles and piles of corpses cleaning their guns in the bio dome. This is where the cinematic would begin if you played solo and not beat the campaign) 

*Takeo flashes in on the teleporter from somewhere and walks in looking at an odd green device in his hand which he slips in his pocket. 

N: Oh look, the failure wonder has returned.

D: How are thing's tak?

T: I have found nothing in my endeavors to the dieing world, has the doctor made improvement? 

D: No… He just sit's there, eyes flashing between yellow and blue, yellow blue… I keep my shotgun to his neck in case he comes back...

N: We don't need any more zombies… 

D: Zombies? Oh yeah he could come back as one of those too...

(A massive siren will start going off) 

M: I am sorry to disappoint, but I can not keep samantha in constant battle with richtofen any longer. The shell is breaking, and she is returning. 

R: GAH! I'm… alive… In my own body… DAMN IT! 

D: Been waiting a long time for this… (loads shotgun) 

R: Before I point out that you've been holding a unloaded shotgun for who knows how long, you may want to pay attention to the threat around you… 

(Zombies rise from the ground) 

(All four in a whiny tone)

T- Are you serious? 

N-There goes my sober streak of about eleven minutes… (chugs vodka) 

D- Seriously trayarch? 

R- I have to deal with this AGAIN?!?

The four will fight bravely in an opening cinematic showing the four's epic skills, right before they all teleport out in a flash that hurtles towards the earth. 

The map will then consist of them stating how they've been over the past game, how they were deployed into samantha's subcontious to keep her dormant, how they constantly visited earth and researched the surroundings. A whole new backstory for our four heroes to recite.

At some point in the map maxis will say: I only wish I had planned for the MPD to exist in all realties, both the one where I and richtofen succeeded. 

I'd be surprised if both the O4 and N4 don't cross paths. I kinda feel like last season was made with intention of getting the community to learn to like another crew, and to see what's going on with the results back on Earth. I'd be surprised if the stories don't eventually intertwine and exchange hands in someway.

I actually have a really interesting storyline in the works at the moment. I have already released 3 Maps based on this new storyline. You should definitely check them out if you want to have your mind blown especially with the next 3 maps I will be releasing. 

Look for legacy of the Damned, Awakening, and Historia. They are in the future zombies Forums

Here is a little run through of the storyline. If you want to find out more you will have to read the map concepts and connect the dots. I left a few BS details in each map that shows you where the next maps are going to be.

After the events of Buried, Maxis exited the reality in which the Tranzit 4 are. This is when Maxis enters the Paradox known as Origins. Because of this there is no longer a Demonic announcer.  He expected the world to be destroyed but instead it didn't and Earth Continued going through the zombie apocalypse. Many years have passed and Humanity now has a chance to escape the apocalypse once and for all. Buried underneath the Nevada desert there is a secret bunker known as the Cocoon. The cocoon is part of a bigger project known as the Archangel Project. There was once "A Man" and this man collected each and every single person who is now in the cocoon. As they Dream an endless dream....4 will awaken and decide the fate of the world once and for all.....

Of course....you will not be able to play as the tranzit 4 or the original characters. It's actually hard to come up with a decent story when you are limited to what the original 4 or the tranzit 4 can do. If you create 4 new characters from scratch and have a new story arc for them you can have a lot of character development during the course of 5 maps. Of course with Awakening it is impossible to have Character development due to the story setting. 

I already have an ending Planned and I am sure no one has ever thought of it before They only thing i'm going to say is that it is not a good ending...and it's not a bad ending either.... If you read the maps Awakening and Historia you will begin to be enlightened. 

Edited by Black Hand Smith

I don't know or really care too much map wise, but I want it to start with a bang! Kino Der Toten felt slow and had almost zero story relevance, and Tranzit was awful and had absolutely zero story relevance. It always got better later in the season but i want it to start amazing and get ever better! They had 3 years...get it together treyarch.

2, very well made maps about the size of kino/der riese, one with maxis as the announcer and a 'zombie Richtofen boss' and the other with Richtofen in Samuels body and with Richtofen remaining as the announcer. Both EEs will lead to the same conclusion so the storyline has a linear path to progress in and isn't as confusing. I'd like to see the whole Richtofen/Maxis/Samantha storyline end before the game is finished, so DLC 4 can have a big 'grand finale' for the storyline.

Storyline aside i'd like to see less focus on buildables and for the gameplay to be more like the black ops one maps.