Origins Gameplay Work-Around's

Naitrax

I think I'll turn this into a Work Around thread.

WARNING: This may contain glitches. I do not condone these but this would be a good way to get Treyarch to look at these and PATCH THEM!!

Original Post

Hi Guys!

Naitrax here with a little trick that can save you time (and Ammo!) while upgrading the Staff of Fire.

On the very first Upgrade Step, you are tasked with filling 4 cauldrons in The Crazy Place with charred zombie souls. Now, if you were doing this on say, Round 10, this would be an easy task. However, on Round 30, using an un-upgraded Staff is not recommended. I have found a work-around to this.

Instead of killing the Zombies with the Staff, kill them with a normal weapon on the platform of the cauldrons. When a considerable amount have been piled, fire the Staff into the bodies. If done correctly, they will explode and be absorbed into the cauldrons.

NOTE: Be sure to incinerate the corpses before they disappear!

I hope this little trick helps you in your quest to annihilate Zombies on Origins!

~~~~~~~~~

User Submitted

Use this format for submitting your Work-Around/Need-to-be-patched Glitch:

Title:

Submitted by:

Quote (I'll do this bit):

Type (Work-Around/Glitch):

Title: Easter Egg Pedestal Step Work-Around/Glitch

Submitted by: BoomByeYeah88

Are you also familiar with the easter egg step work around. Pick up and place the staff four times in the EE pedestal in the excavation site and you don't have to place the others in the robots. I was pretty shocked when I saw this, while helping some randoms complete the ee the other day.

Type: Glitch

Title: Airstrike and Lightning Staff Pieces

Submitted by: BoomByeYeah88

Quote:

Aistrikes- Use the shield on early rounds rather that waiting to fill up the boxes for the one inch punch.

Lighting Staff- Standing on the front left corner and strafe jumping onto the 2nd part location. Will allow you enough time to grab the part and return to the tank even without stamina.

Type: Work-Around

Title: The Lightning Staff Switches

Submitted by: TheBSZombie & MegaAfroMan

Quote:

Someone else posted this on another thread but I think it would be great here too.

Title: the lightning staff switches

Submitted by The BS Zombie

You can do the switches that pertain to the second part of the lightning staff upgrade step. All the switches can be changed to the actual location to speed things up.

I could be wrong, but I believe that was the one I submitted to an Origins Tip of the Day thread.

Seeing as I'm probably the only one here with the actual positions on hand, I think that doesn't need to be argued over.

The positions are:

When referring to which way a switch is pointing, I am talking about the flat edge opposite the angled edge.

At Spawn: To the left

At Tank Station (Gen 2): Pointing down

In workshop: Pointing Up (It ALWAYS Spawns in the correct position. If you have tp change it to make it point Up, then you are using the wrong side of the switch as the pointing side)

Back of Excavation site (by church path): Pointing Up

By Wind tunnel/ Gen 4: Pointing Up

By Gen 5: Pointing Down

Church Basement: To the Right

Church Main floor: Pointing Up

Type: Work-Around

Title: Electric Cherry's Vigour

Submitted by: I Love the AUG

Quote:

Electric Cherry Glitch

Requirements: Electric Cherry and Ultimate Staff

Fire one shot of Sekhmet's Vigor and switch to any weapon before reloading. Every time you switch back to Sekhmet's Vigor it will do the full power Electric Cherry effect.

Type: Glitch

Title: Everything

Submitted by: 83457

Quote:

On step 2 of lightning staff upgrades, easier than telling them which way to aim each switch, the switches always turn the same number of times.

From the first one at g5 to the last on the dig site: turn this many times;

3, next is 2, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3.

So go to g5, turn it 3 times, go by tank, turn twice, church once, g4 twice, spawn twice, tank station 3 times, dig site, 3 times.

When falling from the giant robots, hit y to switch weapons/hands.

On the dig site settings (rings with lights that you turn): if you stand at mk and look at the lights, the 2 switches on the left are the two inner lights, the two on the right are the top and bottom lights.

In each set, the switch on the cement ramp is the upper of the two and the switch on the wooden platforms is the lower of the set of two.

Also the switch on the left wooden platform can be accessed by jumping up from the mk platform. So you can do the one to the right of mk, fall down by mk, jump to hit the right switch without having to drop down and get back up on the other side

of the platform.

You can set the lights early, do other steps to upgrade, but you will still need to return to shoot the orb.

For the air-strike bomb solo. Work on getting two staffs early (usually wind and lightning, but sometimes all of the ice staff parts make an early appearance). Use one to upgrade the other. You should have 1 or both upgraded early enough to use them to melee for the asmb.

This is easier and doesn't waste points like the shield way does.

If using the shield method: open to g3 first, if a shield part isn't in one of those 2 locations, start over. This will save you 750 or more points than if you need to open another door.

Ice staff upgrade step 2: anyone can shoot the tombstones after you freeze them. If solo and you have booomhilda and ice staff only, shoot all 3 with ice staff, them trade ice staff for cheap gun, shoot all three, then get staff back.

Don't bother filling the four chests until about round 10. At that point, they will fill easily.

You can throw grenades under a foot when it comes down to open the foot-door, then run into next footprint. This makes it easier to keep the last zombie from getting stepped on.

Upgrading brofist with 4 people: above the staff holders is a wooden ledge. When i stood on that ledge, no zombies came for me at all. Have one or two players hang back and use their staves to protect the other two who are brofisting to get the glow/upgrade. When they get their tablets, switch positions and they watch the two who were watching. This makes this step easy and avoids unnecessary downs.

Sorry that I'm not organized, more tidbits:

Melee in church/tank station: despite what people say don't built the shield at the church, build it at 4/wind so you can grab it while kiting the zombies that you wish to melee. Running from the tank station to the church isn't horrible, but I'd take 4/wind over it.

Melee with staves solo: melee in the middle of the church, when overwhelmed, drop down the hole, making sure to face back towards the stairs, wait for them to start to drop down after you, run up steps/ repeat. This is fairly easy. You should have an upgraded staff between 7-10 solo, so the number and ferocity of the zombies will be manageable. Also, stab from a distance, if they get close, they will hit you. The staves have good reach.

Zombie shield part in nml: people have trouble remembering the three part locations exactly. Here's the easy way: all 3 spots are in footprints, in a line. 1 behind jugger, 1 in that next footprint by the dig site between jugger and church, the last is the other footprint by the dig site between g5 and the church. All neatly lined up.

During a round, if you leave the church heading towards the dig site, turn left as you get to the dig site. Turning right is death.

If looping around the dig site, never stop moving on the church side. At either end, hop down the tank path rather than cutting through g4 or g5. It's just much safer.

With no walls in the crazy place, it is fairly safe to use the dolphin dive/flopper. It just doesn't seem to be as strong as in bo1.

If going for staves solo, get at least 2 of the robot feet during round 1-3 before the last zombie runs.

Get the tank/lightning staff pieces with a handful of zombies running around, because there will be casualties.

You only need the records to get the crystals, after that, the game cares not what tunnel you enter through. Do get the crystals and then leave the gateway open at 4/wind like everyone else does. That way you can run in without having to so and build the gateway. Nite that from the inside of the crazy place the portal do close after a short period .

I'm sure that I'll have more...

Type: Everything.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Are you also familiar with the easter egg step work around. Pick up and place the staff four times in the EE pedestal in the excavation site and you don't have to place the others in the robots. I was pretty shocked when I saw this, while helping some randoms complete the ee the other day.

I think I'll turn this into a WorkAround thread!

I think that's a glitch, but compiling all those into one place will amke it easier for 3ARC to patch them!

Added BoomByeYeah88's contribution to the OP.

• Administrators

Aistrikes- Use the shield on early rounds rather that waiting to fill up the boxes for the one inch punch.

Lighting Staff- Standing on the front left corner and strafe jumping onto the 2nd part location. Will allow you enough time to grab the part and return to the tank even without stamina.

Edit: Oops just saw you reformatted, I'll fix my post after I get ready for work.

Awesome Nai and Boom! I was not aware of either. :)

-Heather

Thank you!

That's what this thread is here for!

Edit: Oops just saw you reformatted, I'll fix my post after I get ready for work.

I can edit them for you if you want.

Here's a life saving one.

If playing solo and trying to get to a high round, use the fire staff. If zombies try getting in front of you fire 1 shot and it will char them and pretty much make it so they don't even hit you, so running between them is no problem. If trapped completely fire ot twice, then charge and shoot at your feet. It's the ultimate defense even in the 50s.

Someone else posted this on another thread but I think it would be great here too.

Title: the lightning staff switches

Submitted by The BS Zombie

You can do the switches that pertain to the second part of the lightning staff upgrade step. All the switches can be changed to the actual location to speed things up.

I could be wrong, but I believe that was the one I submitted to an Origins Tip of the Day thread.

Seeing as I'm probably the only one here with the actual positions on hand, I think that doesn't need to be argued over.

The positions are:

When referring to which way a switch is pointing, I am talking about the flat edge opposite the angled edge.

At Spawn: To the left

At Tank Station (Gen 2): Pointing down

In workshop: Pointing Up (It ALWAYS Spawns in the correct position. If you have tp change it to make it point Up, then you are using the wrong side of the switch as the pointing side)

Back of Excavation site (by church path): Pointing Up

By Wind tunnel/ Gen 4: Pointing Up

By Gen 5: Pointing Down

Church Basement: To the Right

Church Main floor: Pointing Up

Can anyone explain the 4 times staff placement workaround? Do I have to buy a gun, then pick up staff, and do so three more times?

Nope. Place the Staff of Fire in its pedestal in the Ruins, then go right over to the place where you originally constructed it, and you will be able to pick it up. Run over to the pedestal and place. Rinse and repeat.

You will hear a noise when it's all done.

Aha, so since in Easy the "fifth" staff place for fire in the Excavation site (after placing the three other staffs in the Giants) won't appear, which makes the EE impossible on Easy, and since we apparently don't need that fifth staff place, does that mean we can do it on easy?

• Administrators

Aha, so since in Easy the "fifth" staff place for fire in the Excavation site (after placing the three other staffs in the Giants) won't appear, which makes the EE impossible on Easy, and since we apparently don't need that fifth staff place, does that mean we can do it on easy?

It means that the Easter Egg cannot be done whatsoever, no matter what step you are on. Completing the Ultimate Staffs on Original Mode or any other mode would trigger the next step; however, Easy will not allow it since a Easter Egg can't be done on it. You would best be off just playing on regular difficulty.

On step 2 of lightning staff upgrades, easier than telling them which way to aim each switch, the switches always turn the same number of times.

From the first one at g5 to the last on the dig site: turn this many times;

3, next is 2, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3.

So go to g5, turn it 3 times, go by tank, turn twice, church once, g4 twice, spawn twice, tank station 3 times, dig site, 3 times.

When falling from the giant robots, hit y to switch weapons/hands.

On the dig site settings (rings with lights that you turn): if you stand at mk and look at the lights, the 2 switches on the left are the two inner lights, the two on the right are the top and bottom lights.

In each set, the switch on the cement ramp is the upper of the two and the switch on the wooden platforms is the lower of the set of two.

Also the switch on the left wooden platform can be accessed by jumping up from the mk platform. So you can do the one to the right of mk, fall down by mk, jump to hit the left (edit: left, not right) switch without having to drop down and get back up on the other side of the platform.

You can set the lights early, do other steps to upgrade, but you will still need to return to shoot the orb.

(this post is heavily edited. Edited out air strike bomb information. Rewritten in a later post).

Ice staff upgrade step 2: anyone can shoot the tombstones after you freeze them. If solo and you have boomhilda (upgraded mauser/start pistol which will not destroy the tombstones) and ice staff only, shoot all 3 with ice staff, then trade ice staff for cheap gun, shoot all three, then get staff back.

---

Filling the soul chests early for the brofists can be challenging. Starting on round 10 you should be able to fill one per round meaning there should be enough zombies from what I've experienced. I'm not sure the amount is a set amount or if it varies.

---

You can throw grenades under a foot when it comes down to open the foot-door, then run into next footprint. This makes it easier to keep the last zombie from getting stepped on. In mp zombies, one player can wait near g5 and tell the others which robot got its coming. They can also get the foot-door open; they will stay lit all the way across the map.

---

Upgrading brofist with 4 people: above the staff holders is a wooden ledge. When i stood on that ledge, no zombies came for me at all. Have one or two players hang back and use their staves to protect the other two who are brofisting to get the glow/upgrade. When they get their tablets, switch positions and they watch the two who were watching. This makes this step easy and avoids unnecessary downs.

• Administrators

This is a really good strategy; it always seems like one teammate goes down on this step. I'll definitely utilize this next time I play through the easter egg.

This is a really good strategy; it always seems like one teammate goes down on this step. I'll definitely utilize this next time I play through the easter egg.

Glad to help. It does get a bit chaotic down there otherwise...

Sorry that I'm not organized, more tidbits:

(edited a bit)

Melee with staves solo: melee in the middle of the church, when overwhelmed, drop down the hole, making sure to face back towards the stairs, wait for them to start to drop down after you, run up steps/ repeat. This is fairly easy. You should have an upgraded staff between 7-10 solo, so the number and ferocity of the zombies will be manageable. Also, stab from a distance, if they get close, they will hit you. The staves have good reach.

---

Zombie shield part in nml: people have trouble remembering the three part locations exactly. Here's the easy way: all 3 spots are in footprints, in a line. 1 behind jugger, 1 in that next footprint by the dig site between jugger and church, the last is the other footprint by the dig site between g5 and the church. All neatly lined up.

---

During a round, if you leave the church heading towards the dig site, turn left as you get to the dig site. Turning right is death. Just sayin'.

---

If looping around the dig site, never stop moving on the church side. At either end, hop down the tank path rather than cutting through g4 or g5. It's just much safer, in my opinion.

---

With no walls in the crazy place, it is fairly safe to use the dolphin dive/flopper. It just doesn't seem to be as strong as in bo1.

---

If going for staves solo, get at least 2 of the robot feet during round 1-3 before the last zombie runs.

Get the tank/lightning staff pieces with a handful of zombies running around, because there will be casualties.

Fire staff record: note that one of the red-label record spawn points is next to the tank, and can only be accessed by moving the tank. This also means that in the right scenario, you may be lucky: moving the tank costs 500 points, whereas opening the upstairs door to the other locations costs 1250/1500. Of course you will still need to open the upstairs to get the staff piece, but the crystal could be gained a bit earlier, should one be so inclined.

You only need the records to get the crystals, after that, the game cares not what tunnel you enter through. So get the crystals and then leave the gateway open at 4/wind like everyone else does. That way you can run in without having to build the gateway. Note that from the inside of the crazy place the portals do close after a short period (but can be reactivated immediately).

---

I'm sure that I'll have more...

Again, sorry for the dusorganization...

Minor soul box glitch.

83457 (gt Unmazing)

Kill zombies as they get stepped on so that the foot comes down and souls are flowing to the box at the same time.

Result: the box is closed but glowing. I would assume, with all if the baggage that comes with that, that the souls will count towards the total needed, so maybe it's a slight cheat as well as a bug.

Glitch/bug.

---

Different play style

If you don't want fancy staves, or to spend an hour on round four. You just want to run trains and have an old school zombie game on Origins: forget the staves. If you never get a crystal from The Crazy Place, the walls in there never drop, giving you a most pleasant gun-zombie experience. It makes for a faster-to-higher-levels-with-ease game. Basically run them in a circle near the center, then go to the fire area (area of your choice) and headshot them, loop back around, checking for drops, repeat. Remember that the panzer manzer will be waiting to share his love with you when you leave, so be prepared: the easiest trick is this: see a zombie blood drop, activate the wind teleporter, get zb, go out and take out the panzer while he can't see you.

I suggest avoiding zombie blood drops as they cause your neatly-trained zombies to scatter, making it more dangerous when the zombie blood wears off.

I recommend just leaving the wind tunnel open in no mans land so it's ready to simply run back in.

I usually ignore the guys who attack the generators until i get a bomb or the round is nearly over. Keep on mind that in the early game, if you have 3 or less generators active, they won't attack the generators.

When you hit 115 headshots, the game gives a you a pap'd gun from a reward chest. So you don't even have to activate all generators. You can also use the maxis drone to build a pap'd gun as well.

Type: alternate play style.

---

Magna Collider from Maxis Drone

I think bs zombie or way 2 told me this one.

Get the Maxis Drone built. There are four yellow disks that he will retrieve for you. When he does, a pap'd gun will appear in front of the pap machine.

If you have another player, have them zombie-sit in the crazy place so the drone won't shoot the last zombie.

P1: on a board jutting out from the ruined building of g5.

P2: on a board above one of the two entrances to the dig site/pap.

P3: on the edge of the church roof where the path comes from the footprint down to the front of the tank, look up high.

P4: in a fiery alcove just outside of spawn, heading to g2.

Type: easter egg weapon find.

---