"One possible view of how the zombies came to be" -Vahn

FatedTitan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um... say what?

If this is a POSSIBLE view on how zombies came to be and not THE way it happened, this isn't the Origins of zombies. It's just a 9 year old girls idea of what happened. It's not what really happened, which makes me disappointed. I'm a personal advocate of "stop throwing out the 'alternate reality/alternate timelines/alternate dimension' crap and give me some real information of what's happening!"

Um... say what?

If this is a POSSIBLE view on how zombies came to be and not THE way it happened, this isn't the Origins of zombies. It's just a 9 year old girls idea of what happened. It's not what really happened, which makes me disappointed. I'm a personal advocate of "stop throwing out the 'alternate reality/alternate timelines/alternate dimension' crap and give me some real information of what's happening!"

I'm the same way and I can honestly say this has really made me lose a lot of excitement for this map.

I still feel like he's messing with us. One possible view of how the zombies came to be could mean that it happened earlier. Alternate timelines would essentially screw up everything that came up later. I doubt they would put in an alternate version of how it happened unless they did the back to the past thing, which on a whole sounds stupid.

Honestly, I'm going to wait and see until the map actually comes out. The fact that Samantha says that what happened there was what really happened just makes me want to hold on to the idea it isn't an alternate timeline.

• Administrators

In my opinion, there's one way the story happened. It started at point A, and these are the different perceptions of how it happened.

Ever heard the game, Telephone? Someone says a word into another's ear, and they each repeat it until it gets to the end and if it's the same word, you win. Well here, the 'point A' is the beginning of Zombies and every time it's repeated, that's the perceptional differences based on intentions and bias.

Vahn said one possible view, not one possible way. Nothing has changed. We're seeing this through Samantha's eyes and her perceptional bias.

In my opinion, there's one way the story happened. It started at point A, and these are the different perceptions of how it happened.

Ever heard the game, Telephone? Someone says a word into another's ear, and they each repeat it until it gets to the end and if it's the same word, you win. Well here, the 'point A' is the beginning of Zombies and every time it's repeated, that's the perceptional differences based on intentions and bias.

Vahn said one possible view, not one possible way. Nothing has changed. We're seeing this through Samantha's eyes and her perceptional bias.

Somehow that last sentence reminded me of Black Ops 1's campaign, what with Mason hallucinating stuffs and shit...

It would be really funny if it turns out that all this has been inside Maxis and Richtofen's heads all along, and they were just getting way too high on 115...

You people are arrogant.

You sound arrogant yourself right there.

Or maybe he just means that this is a possible way of how the zombies themselves were created. We see an ancient zombie rush through the broken wall in the intro...we don't know at all how the zombies were originally created.

This or what Tac said is kinda what I think it meant. The way he said view instead makes me think somethings up.

You people are arrogant.

You sound arrogant yourself right there.

Not really, but you are entitled to your own opinion. I am not going to make a thread over the slight possibility that my theory might not be correct, and I am not going to compare it to shooting dung bullets at gnomes.

Relax; I am talking about the majority of the community here and their complete, unchangeable understanding of Origins before it is even released.

He says it at the end of this video.

I think he's teasing us, and I trust treyarch not to cop-out on us.

I can see treyarch taking the easy way out. I lost a lot of faith in them with where the BO2 story went. I do really really really hope they don't also screw up how it started.

Who knows, they could be pulling an Evil Dead 2 here and totally rewrite the story.

( for those of you who don't know the original Evil Dead 2 just completely rewrote over the story of the first one ).

• Administrators

Does anyone not realize how many theories have been made based off the trailer alone? There's a handful of people that say 115 was the first to bring zombies, but we have evidence that tells us there is an Ancient Evil. Not to mention that we don't necessarily even need anything physical for zombies to reanimate (Mob of the Dead).

We ourselves created scenarios of how zombies came around prior to Vahn's quote. Don't make him look like the bad guy here. Just give the map a chance before you play the "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" card.