Origins EE "Little Lost Girl" Written Steps + Staffs

Ehjookayted

• Administrators

Yeah the bit on upgrading the red staff by shooting candles in the church is slightly wrong - I got the achievement last night and you only need to do 4 torches in the church to upgrade.

Fixed, and cleaned up. :)

Why has this guide been stickied ever since the beginning? Not to bash but the information included is very vague and nothing's been updated on the original post for all of the steps even though it's been out for days. To have to read through 7 pages of posts to find all the steps is ridiculous. Throwing up a video at the end of an unfinished guide doesn't mean you don't have to include any other steps.

Personally I've seen a lot of misinformation for most of these guides even video ones. This text version doesn't even complete the first steps, we have *(should be one other spot) for parts in almost every section.

All of the steps you're doing horribly wrong including putting up a "keyboard" picture. All of the EE's steps stay the same! The purple is the same 3 shot combos everytime, you're ice staff cheat sheet is completely wrong as some symbols you are duplicating and there's over 12 different symbols not 8!

I guess I'm more upset that this is becoming a "favored" club like PTG forums are. Why is this thread stickied before being finished or before the map even came out? Why don't we allow the user's of this forum to come up with guides and the best one is chosen to be seen as first? Moderator's throwing up there work as more important before they've even given full effort in finishing it is completely a misuse of the sticky button and shouldn't be allowed to have benn(pun) done.

The thread was originally to discuss Easter Egg information. We have done this procedure. Yes, it is seemingly wrong to jump the gun and force everything into this one thread as that was not the original intention of this. At the same time, you won't find other guides because they too are vague and generally use the same information or extremely little to no detail. This was more of a conversion thread that prevents a cluster of "how to do easter egg" threads all saying the same thing since the topic alone gained several comments on members helping one another out.

P.S. Credit was given where due initially. Just because a staff member posts the thread and stickies it does not mean they are getting all the brains.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thread was originally to discuss Easter Egg information. We have done this procedure. Yes, it is seemingly wrong to jump the gun and force everything into this one thread as that was not the original intention of this. At the same time, you won't find other guides because they too are vague and generally use the same information or extremely little to no detail. This was more of a conversion thread that prevents a cluster of "how to do easter egg" threads all saying the same thing since the topic alone gained several comments on members helping one another out.

P.S. Credit was given where due initially. Just because a staff member posts the thread and stickies it does not mean they are getting all the brains.

Yes, but why? If you did not notice a lot of problems have arisen from the constant need of moderators sticking there own threads and shutting down anyone else wishing to create something. The "Official Ranking System Discussion and Theories" in General Discussion is just one example from many month's ago that people thought this was an obscene and information controlling gesture.

Map after Map we see these forum's changing. Tranzit, Dierise and MoTD show many well thought out and informed guides and sometimes even multiple guides "stickied". I've never sat here bothered by the number of threads that user's have created. However, I and many others have been completely appalled by the number of locked threads that pertained useful and great information only to be absorbed into some "Master Thread" only to have there work buried and never seen or discussed again in 100's of pages of posts that no one would follow or read through.

Since Buried we see a new change in how Mod's control thread's. Instantly multiple thread's are put up completely claiming mostly the entire game-play and anything that pertains to that map which would interest the general community. Creativity and thoughtful conversation are forced to squeeze into singular thread's which are never read on page 11 or even responded to because of the generalization that is made by the thread's.

It's your forum to control however, but if you think I'm a single person with this view you have been separated from the general zombie community.

• Administrators

I understand your point. As I said before, the vast majority of stickied threads pertaining to a particular topic were conversion threads. I'm going to use your official Ranking example. When we started to fool around with ranks in Black Ops II, the threads you'd see about ranking weren't complete. It was always "why am I still rank X and not rank Y?" Which led people to say the same thing over and over. Another thread would come up and shut down the other ranking topics. It's not clean to have hundreds of ranking topics all saying the same thing. Thus, a master thread had to be created to avoid this problem.

Nobody is locking people out when it comes to these things. If you have something professionally posted and detailed, it will more than likely be stickied. Stickies alone don't make a thread ultimate, though. It's quality of the thread versus who posted it.

• Administrators

Wasn't entirely sure where to post this, so I've decided to post it here. I made a discovery while playing around with the staffs.

If you have PhD Flopper and the Staff of Fire (drawn) at the same time, whenever you flop, the zombies around you will be incinerated.

That's good stuff, friendo! I know that having the upgraded Bracers will also show elemental effects as well depending on what Staff you had in your arsenal. :)

Sorry if this has been addressed before but I really don't have the time to read all seven pages. But I recently had problems with the zombie blood step. We spent about ten bloods and COULD NOT find the plane or the pilot. We successfully did the panzer step, well if you consider half the team dying while doing it successful then yea we did it. But afterwards we couldn't get the zombie blood steps to work and ended it @ 25. Has this happened before? Was there something I could have done?

Do you really think its only Takeo? I wouldn't imagine so.

But because when we did the EE together, you guys were trying to get Zombie Blood & couldnt see the fallen pilot. I then joined & I was Takeo. I accidentally walked into a Zombie Blood drop. I ran anti clockwise & killed 1 Zombie (with an MP40 I think?). I couldn't tell if that was him or not. But then Naitrax stumbled on the Maxis Drone.

This makes me wonder if Takeo is really needed? I wouldn't imagine so. I hope that theatre film will play as it wouldn't yesterday.

concerning the upgrading of the fists, is this obtainable solo? do you have to progress all the way through the EE steps to do it or once you have them and upgraded the staffs can you punch zombies in the excavation site and upgrade the fists?

this map has been out for a week and there are still so many questions lol. i wonder if there is a "golden spork" out there somewhere on this map just waiting to be discovered. (not literally a golden spork, but another helpful item or weapon that hasnt been discovered)

concerning the upgrading of the fists, is this obtainable solo? do you have to progress all the way through the EE steps to do it or once you have them and upgraded the staffs can you punch zombies in the excavation site and upgrade the fists?

this map has been out for a week and there are still so many questions lol. i wonder if there is a "golden spork" out there somewhere on this map just waiting to be discovered. (not literally a golden spork, but another helpful item or weapon that hasnt been discovered)

I pretty sure it is, the chests only reset from a giant foot if their not full,

when the chests are full they fly away up into the sky, so you can do one at a time,

based on this, id bet solo is a go for sure, 8-)

I pretty sure it is, the chests only reset from a giant foot if their not full,

when the chests are full they fly away up into the sky, so you can do one at a time,

based on this, id bet solo is a go for sure, 8-)

I am pretty sure he means the Elemental Fists. They can only be obtained by progressing through the EE, it seems. You can do the EE solo though, so don't worry.

Also, there are some things that need to be corrected/added to the guide.

Edit to step 5 of the EE:

2 Panzers spawn per player in the game. Here is a chart:

1 Player = 2 Panzers

2 Players = 4 Panzers

3 Players = 6 Panzers

4 Players = 8 Panzers

:)

Also, you should probably add to the guide for the Kimat's Bite (upgraded lightning staff) that the notes you need to play are A,C,E for the first one, E,G,B for the second, and F,A,D for the third. Also, the current Keyboard image needs to be removed as it confuses people. There is no second C on the in-game Keyboard.

~Nai

@Naitrax- so this EE can truly be completed Solo? I was under the impression the part with the Airstrike Beacon Grenade had to be with two, so one person could hit the button?

If it is soloable then awesome! Lol

Edit: Just read about the trick with the Airstrike beacon; which is great news to me as it'll be a breeze lol. I completed the Moon EE by myself, as I just had a friend sign in and leave to go to work lol, and the CotD EE coop version is soloable as well since you can knock the bottle off the ledge and catch it with some patience and skill.

Also, you should probably add to the guide for the Kimat's Bite (upgraded lightning staff) that the notes you need to play are A,C,E for the first one, E,G,B for the second, and F,A,D for the third. Also, the current Keyboard image needs to be removed as it confuses people. There is no second C on the in-game Keyboard.

~Nai

yes the 2nd C lol, musta tried 6 combinations before i clued on the keyboard in the crazyplace only has 7 keys, not 8. also the treble clef, while helpful, doesn't include 2 notes the bottom line e(needed) and the top line f,..

there easily remembered this way.

F A C E - between the lines

Every Green Bus Drives Fast - on the lines

coming along nicely :)

Updated puzzle steps for all staffs with pictures. Feel free to ask questions.

i feel like adding pictures for the locations of the secondary puzzles for upgrading the staves (i.e. sparking panels, smoke domes, etc.) would be helpful. i was trying to find the smoking domes for the wind staff and the descriptions just aren't cutting it lol.

If I get time tonight I may try and take some pics and we can add them to the OP?

everyone feel free to chime in and let me know if that would be helpful

Updated puzzle steps for all staffs with pictures. Feel free to ask questions.

i feel like adding pictures for the locations of the secondary puzzles for upgrading the staves (i.e. sparking panels, smoke domes, etc.) would be helpful. i was trying to find the smoking domes for the wind staff and the descriptions just aren't cutting it lol.

If I get time tonight I may try and take some pics and we can add them to the OP?

everyone feel free to chime in and let me know if that would be helpful

Updating smoke domes with pictures and accurate descriptions.

I updated some of the pictures for puzzles so even people that are new should be able to do it without having to struggle like I did with locations. Only thing I din't try is upgrading Lightning staff so I added supporting images. But the guide should look much cleaner now. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again the community and staff (Grill and Eye) for tremendous effort to keep this thread updated.

can you only upgrade one staff at a time?

i built fire staff, filled the cauldrons at the crazy place, did the torches, then built the ice staff, then tried to upgrade the fire and i cant.... really 3 arc? or am i missing something

:edit: nevermind i am an idiot. didnt do the rings under the pack-a-punch before i tried putting the staff in in the crazy place harhakf;sadfakg;kjnfr;kahng

I would really appreciate it if you added the correct notes to play on the piano as well as numbers. It is a lot more convenient for people who know the actual keyboard (like the keys), and it saves much time as you don't have to count.

The correct Keys are:

A,C,E

E,G,B

F,A,D

It really does help to have them.

Here is a video of the lightninh

Also, further up the page I made a post you should read. There is a mistake in the EE guide.