Camping spots/Trains

way2g00d

So what's your favorite spot to train or camp?

Here are few of mine that I use occasionally.

Camp spots

1 Juggernog alley: (Favorite spot to camp solo) Got to 45 w/3p and 4p using Pack a punched SVU's, AN94 and ray guns only!

2 Speed cola: Least favorable spot but doable

3 Inside the Church.

4 In the saloon on top hole above Bowie: (Everyone knows this)

5 Pack a punch room: Fun spot but gets tough to hold after 20. No wall gun.

6 Room Next to Mule kick with boat closed. Not a favorable location to camp, unless you want to spray paralyser.

7 In the court room with front door closed: Got to 30+ here with PINNAZ, too easy :)

Trains

By the broken fountain inside the maze: My favorite training spot. Did Rounds 30-35 using Raygun and Mustang and sally and reminds me of No Mans Land. Very tight spot.

Outside saloon with door closed/open: Use them stairs and lead all the zombies by guillotine.

First box location near Jugg: Tough spot to train as zombies tend to go go up the roof.

Inside the church by podium: On the right side of podium, By where 2 window spawn points are. Did 35+ with InfestLithium here once)

For camping you don't need to always use Paralyser. I have gotten to 35+ without even killing or shooting once in solo by staying in Jugg alley. Ray gun and Mustang and sally with PHD do wonders as usual on this map. Keep them monkeys close and claymores next to you. Paralyser makes things too easy on this map.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best camping spot : Courthouse bottom floor in front of the stair case going up. Put a trample steam and claymore upstairs AFTER the broken rail. If you don't stand on the stairs downstairs, zombies will only come from the front way, and ones up top will drop down to come the same way. Put the trample steam and claymores out incase you get backed up the stairs or even have to make a hasty exit out the broken wall.. Keeps zombies spawning up top off of your back.. One person can do this til 40 without usually having to back pedal..

With multiple players, 1-2 per side up top, holding down stair case up and doorway towards the box. Escape route out the wall..

That is one reason I DON'T like camping at jug, without the paralyzer, no escape route.

Best training spot : inside the saloon..

Nice big circle, secondary cut back between tables, with M&S, Voice of Justice, paraylzer or ray gun, you can clear out any zombies that get in your way due to vulture air or shambling.. Easy mid 30s.

I like to train right in front of the Mansion, running around the rock in the centre. It may seem like a very tight loop (and it is) but you can always move out wide to the bushes on the left or right and do a quick figure-8 if you get a sudden influx of zombies. After building up a large enough horde I just run out through the gates, so that I have room to run backwards and shoot them while they form a nice line of death.

What's great about this spot is that when I play co-op games with randoms, they don't tend to hang out near me. Plus I always know if they're about to run into the mansion to activate the ghosts. Also, I always know right at the change of a round whether the mansion lights are on.

Some say the best camping spot is on the roof across from the original box spawn. Don't buy the debris; just fly up with the paralyzer. You only have about 10 feet of space in your line of sight, but the zombies only come from one direction, and if you use the petrified they are often dead by the time they complete the absurd jumping animation. Use green haze for cover if you need to, or just jump off to your right and land next to the box to train or fly back up. Either way buys you time.

Saloon above Bowie Knife is my spot.

Pack a Punched FSIRT with the Grip, Ultra handgun until about round 20, put that back in the locker and Pack a Punch the AN-94 so it has the MMS.

I dont buy Double-Tap until later now, and only ever have four perks total.

If I get caught reloading, I throw a monkey bomb into saloon and jump down and reload and then make my way back inside hallway above Bowie Knife.

When I get close to round 30, I get Head Chopper and Trample Steam to help.

And only pick up Nukes after round 30.

I'm going to try some of the other spots mentioned in here later today.

That is one reason I DON'T like camping at jug, without the paralyzer, no escape route.

An easy escape route out of jug is when you have the pack a punched ray gun, and the PhD Flopper perma perk. No splash damage on you, but it gets rid of zombies easily.

SO far I've stayed at Jugg, but it's almost too easy. Mid twenties I am walking around my room mid round looking for something while the zombies never get close :lol:

I was told the loop at saloon/candy store is good if you leave the debris alone that connects that part to the first fountain area.

I usually go for time bombs early, so if things go bad with a three person game, you can put your back against the wall next to jug, have your two teammates go down, and with traps/turbine they cannot reach you for a good 5 seconds, which is plenty of time to reset the round. Time bombs are probably my favorite addition to the new map, because I loved Prince of Persia sands of time :lol:

I like to train right in front of the Mansion, running around the rock in the centre. It may seem like a very tight loop (and it is) but you can always move out wide to the bushes on the left or right and do a quick figure-8 if you get a sudden influx of zombies. After building up a large enough horde I just run out through the gates, so that I have room to run backwards and shoot them while they form a nice line of death.

What's great about this spot is that when I play co-op games with randoms, they don't tend to hang out near me. Plus I always know if they're about to run into the mansion to activate the ghosts. Also, I always know right at the change of a round whether the mansion lights are on.

Very nice spot. I completely forgot about this spot. It indeed is a great spot for co-op. Only problem is buying ammo (for MP5?) sometimes can cause you to go down.

Last night I stood on the ghosts front porch, to the far left if you are facing her house, there is a small space for you to camp, put a head chopper by the break in the porch fence so they can jump up and get you, then they just run straight at you the whole time. Not nearly as good as the jug spot though.

Even with persistent PhD, unloading with mustang and Sally might not even kill an entire horde before you reload if you're in the 40s. So using those as your "escape route" in the jug hallway is not good for later.

One strategy I used in the 30s was running a train near the original box, with a subsurface next to jug and the turbine in my inventory. Once the train was built up I would run down to jug and plop down the turbine, and they would all nearly reach me before being one-hit obliterated by the wubs cannon. That made me lag pretty hard so I advise against it. It also doesn't contribute to your kills count, so watch out. It is however very effective and saves ammo, as you don't actually have to use any at all.

Yes, Jugg spot can be very dangerous after round 35+ is you are resorting to ray gun and mustang and sally for solo. Using other buildables/paralyser is crucial for survival there if you camp there in solo. You can also try SVU pack a punched and escape the spot using paralyser to buy ammo, still not advised to camp there past 40 unless you plan on using a subsurface. You can build it in the room above Jugg/Box and fly there as soon as it's broken. You can build a turbine in speed room, and fly there after flying out of Jugg alley.

I'm surprised no one is talking about the AN in the jug area, I put it right by the jug hall and with a for grip, and overkill upgrade you can last for a really long time.

Ray gun and Mustang and Sally just make a mess and makes it hard for your team to shoot without just spraying and praying. Ray gun M2 seems to be alright but so far I just use the AN forgrip, or millimeter scanner if people are using ray gun or MS&S, lamentation and either a LMG or the Ray gun M2.

I'm surprised no one is talking about the AN in the jug area, I put it right by the jug hall and with a for grip, and overkill upgrade you can last for a really long time.

Ray gun and Mustang and Sally just make a mess and makes it hard for your team to shoot without just spraying and praying. Ray gun M2 seems to be alright but so far I just use the AN forgrip, or millimeter scanner if people are using ray gun or MS&S, lamentation and either a LMG or the Ray gun M2.

I've used AN-94 PAP'ed till 35. It sucks after that tbh. SVU still kicks ass even after 50. Like I said major problem is buying ammo in solo, although in co-op it is manageable. In solo you can fly out using paralyser to get ammo. But yea AN-94 is also a good addition there around Jugg.

I've used AN-94 PAP'ed till 35. It sucks after that tbh. SVU still kicks ass even after 50. Like I said major problem is buying ammo in solo, although in co-op it is manageable. In solo you can fly out using paralyser to get ammo. But yea AN-94 is also a good addition there around Jugg.

I agree with you there, you can feel a little pressure after round 33, if you don't keep up with the overkill upgrade, which is never promised you can't lose it amidst a chaotic round. I really love the time bomb, but on this level, I have started counting monkey bombs as a max ammo for my AN, if I run low I try to turn on a resonator if I still have one, throw a monkey as far to the armory as I can, then get more ammo and pick my turbine back up.

You can camp near the Remington chalk. Don't draw the Remington there when you fall down though. Get the svu/an and draw that there and you have unlimited ammo and an easy escape route down stairs to the saloon.

Never thought about that. SO stay here drop down if shit gets crazy, then fly back up using paralyser. +1 .Very nice.

One good place I've found is on the gunsmith roof. If you jump over from the bank roof, go to the left instead of the right, there is then a sloped roof, and a flat roof past that. They can only jump up at the very end of the flat roof, or on the roof by mule kick. If you put a flinger at the end of the flat roof then they can only come from the other end.

This is also quite a big roof enabling small training and quick escape routes

One good place I've found is on the gunsmith roof. If you jump over from the bank roof, go to the left instead of the right, there is then a sloped roof, and a flat roof past that. They can only jump up at the very end of the flat roof, or on the roof by mule kick. If you put a flinger at the end of the flat roof then they can only come from the other end.

This is also quite a big roof enabling small training and quick escape routes

Wow, so we CAN train on the roof. Great. I can't picture the exact location but if we can throw a wall gun there it would be epic.

Some great suggestions/spots here guys! I really liked the idea about the Remington area, but putting a more useful gun in its place.

Very nice spot. I completely forgot about this spot. It indeed is a great spot for co-op. Only problem is buying ammo (for MP5?) sometimes can cause you to go down.

Buying...Ammo...? What madness is this?!

If I'm playing co-op with randomers, I'm lucky if it goes past round 30, in which case Max Ammos come more than frequently enough when carrying 3 weapons.

If I'm playing Solo (or get lucky with the box in co-op) then Vulture-Aid + Paralyzer is practically a constant ammo producing machine. If I find myself low on my other 2 guns then I just switch to killing with the Paralyzer and then picking up the ammo drops for whichever gun I want ammo for (which is generally the Mustang & Sally).

Some great suggestions/spots here guys! I really liked the idea about the Remington area, but putting a more useful gun in its place.

Buying...Ammo...? What madness is this?!

If I'm playing co-op with randomers, I'm lucky if it goes past round 30, in which case Max Ammos come more than frequently enough when carrying 3 weapons.

If I'm playing Solo (or get lucky with the box in co-op) then Vulture-Aid + Paralyzer is practically a constant ammo producing machine. If I find myself low on my other 2 guns then I just switch to killing with the Paralyzer and then picking up the ammo drops for whichever gun I want ammo for (which is generally the Mustang & Sally).

My bad. Yes your setup of guns would work wonders there. I just happen to remember there is a wall gun access around the mansion door and could be useful if AT all you are out of ammo which is rarely the case.

My bad. Yes your setup of guns would work wonders there. I just happen to remember there is a wall gun access around the mansion door and could be useful if AT all you are out of ammo which is rarely the case.

Yup, you absolutely could do that too. After Tranzit though, I'm all MP5 wall-weaponed out. All I ever did on that map was horde near the Diner and buy MP5 ammo!

Good times...*shudders*

• 1 month later...

Camping spot is by far the best in the courthouse upstairs. I have gotten to round 45 up there with 2.

Things you will need:

Trample steam

Head chopper

Turbine

Resonator

Guns solely depend on your preference. I use an upgraded AN94 as I put the chalk outline of it in the courthouse so I never run out of ammo. Don't worry about losing $4500. You will make it all back. I also use the Mark II, and most likely the PDW; All upgraded with monkey bombs. 8-)

Either I missed it or nobody mentioned taking the portal and going back to the spawn room. Using the petrifier to go back up to the catwalk. Sit where you jump for the LSAT. With 2 people you can put one person on the rail and one outside there and shoot all the zombies in a straight line.

When playing by myself with randoms I'll sneakily set up a tramp and chopper on the window and stairs 2nd floor candy shop (non power switch side) and keep that couch closed and kill them in a line. Then I can jump out to revive ppl and then tuck back in there whenever I want. The traps don't hold up in higher rounds and it's a little too intense with more than one person. When others run elsewhere it pulls a lot of the weight off you.

I run hordes on the gunsmith roof all the time. If you put a tramp on the corner of the square roof you can launch over to the saloon to get ammo and then time your jump to get back over to the gunsmith roof before the zombies jump up. Otherwise you have to bail over to the candy roof then through the bank stairs and back over.

The best train in my opinion is a big one. I put a chopper on the window above the Big guys cage, a trampoline to get over to Speed, and a resonator in the barn 2nd floor where you jump over to the bank. Then run with a turbine in inventory. Start at speed and fight them off for as long as you want, then flop. Run your path up above jug and then flop/duck back to speed with tramp/ or go through barn. --I also put the tramp on the gunsmith roof as mentioned above instead of speed and you can pretty much run a big circle around the map without ever touching the ground. The only place is when you flop off the general store by the first box location and go back up the stairs.

-so, start at speed, then flop, go up past your chopper to barn, use resonator if needed, leave turbine and pick it up next lap. Jump over to bank, to gunsmith, hit tramp to saloon, to candy roof, across to general store, flop and repeat.

Keep the momentum going, and you rarely have zombies in front of you.

The best smaller training spot for me like mentioned above though is in front of the ghost house. You know everything that's going on and have a bailout on the right side of the house over the fence if needed.

There's many more but those are my main ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Quit on 64 camping the court house steps (solo). I second that as the best camp spot.

Head chopper above you (kills occasional back attack zombie, plus you hear it). Trample steam in the saloon, the window above and left of the inside steps to keep the steps clear.

When over heated/overrun, go up steps, circle the general store. Zombies will back up from the court house, so go up saloon steps, fall off of roof, head back to court house/repeat.

This doubles as the greatest kiting spot as well (i.m.o.): i was able to use fsirt until around 43, before switching to paralyzer.

• 3 weeks later...

Random spot: I've used this with guns and paralyzer, as long as you have vulture aid, it should be no issue, otherwise this spot can be hard to escape from:

The barn, debris by navcard table parts removed and that door opened. Climb halfway up the steps and aim down. You can stay there for quite a while. I originally set up buildables to watch my back, buy they're not necessary.

Just another spot to hang out in. If you go to the top of the steps or further, you risk being rear attacked. So, if you wish you leave, either toss an mb or stand in the green mist for a few. I usually like to stand in different spots to break up the tedium.

Seriously, i stood in the courthouse from round 2 to 40 the other day...it gets old. Hence why i like to try various spots.