A Walk in Time -- The Bell (8/7 Small Update, WIP)

bagel_

Whaddup guys,

Before I even start, a ton of you older users are going to know that I'm stating old information in the beginning of this thread. I ask you to stay with me -- The Bell is hugely seen in BO2! From explaining the MTDs and the Wunderwaffe DG 2 to the Sliquifier and Xerum 525... it's all been from The Bell. Honestly, I don't know why the subject was ever dropped. Oh yeah, and even though you don't see the words "I think" or "I believe" in front of everything doesn't mean I 100% know this all for fact. About 50% of this thread is research, the other 50% is theory. Anyways, here comes a full history... Extra thanks to PINNAZ for remembering that it's really not gone yet, and pretty much rooting the idea for this thread about two months ago.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Walk in Time -- The Bell

Might as well mention the Vril. They're about 25% of this.

By the end of this post you'll know how misleading this picture is.

Preface:

About four years ago, way back in CoDz history, (before I was even here) the map Der Riese came out for Call of Duty: WaW. Der Riese was full of secrets, but one of the biggest things seen on the map was this thing called The Henge. This stone structure was visible through a zombie window right outside the spawn, and if you shot a hidden switch with an upgraded weapon, it gave you an achievement/trophy and let you play "hide and seek" with Samantha.

Now, at first glance, you may look at that and think, "Hmm. Just another one of Treyarch's sidequests/Easter Eggs." But, you're going to have to look deeper than that.

Der Riese:

The Henge has a major connection to a huge modern conspiracy on this amazing device that can be proven to exist in the Zombies Universe - Die Glocke, or in English, The Bell.

The Bell is a metallic object supposedly in the possession of Nazi General Hans Kammler's super-secret SS "wonder weapons" empire. (Remember, this information is from real sources, not zombies.) It was said to be between 12 to 15 ft tall and about 9 ft in diameter. The Germans called it "The Bell" because, well, it looked like a bell. The Bell appeared to have a purple substance in it, which was later known as Xerum 525. Some scientists think it could be an extremely unstable radioactive isotope of Red Mercury. This chemical was later taken in samples and contained in small cylindrical lead containers, and was a liquid goo of sorts. It's violet color is what made some people think it was somehow related Red Mercury. The Bell was located and worked on in an underground Nazi Facility called Der Riese. The facility was disguised as a gold mine with a strange structure outside of it. In the Zombies Universe, that facility The Bell was located in was the above ground 935 base. That structure outside of the facility was dubbed The Henge.

The Henge seemed to be the testing area for The Bell. The Bell apparently needed a ton of electrical energy to use. When The Bell was in use, it could only go for a minute or two before shutting itself off, and it gave off extremely large amounts of radiation. During its first use, many of the scientists died, and the ones that didn't suffered memory loss, permanent metallic taste in their mouths, and sleep loss. The scientists recognized the danger, and began to test it's effects on plants and animals. It was reported that after it's use, the test subjects decomposed into a blackish-purplish goo on the floor. Also, while The Bell was in use, some objects began to lift off the ground, propelled by some sort of anti-gravity field. A common effect was arc electricity flying in all directions from the Bell, splaying random effects on people. After all its tests, everyone who witness or worked on The Bell was killed by the SS. This is why I imagine there were so many bodies at Der Riese anyway. Some things that The Bell was rumored to do were:

-Antigravity

-Teleportation
    -Time Travel
    -Fission/Fusion
    -The ability to see events back in time (Read in the Dreamland Server)

Keeping in mind that Group 935 had just discovered a huge advance in technology, they must have began to copy and recreate its technology. Some evidence of this is the very well known Wunderwaffe DG 2 made by Dr. Richtofen himself.

The word "Wunderwaffe" means "Wonder Weapon" in German. The DG stands for Die Glocke, and the 2 means two. So what we're looking at is:

Wonder Weapon: The Bell 2

The clues that they were copying the technology is in the flippin' name! Adding element 115 to it makes it the Wonder Weapon: The Bell 3 JZ. (The JZ stands for Jimmy Zielinski :P ) Note that the weapon functions off of electricity, as The Bell does.

-Subsection: Shi No Numa
    In the map Shi No Numa, we saw the first appearance of the Wunderwaffe, and the arc electricity described earlier for teleportation and time travel of Fluffy, the Hellhound, and her puppies.

What I've decided about the Hellhounds is that there are actually only a few of them. Maybe 5 or 6. However, using Die Glocke for teleportation, Sam plucks them from where they are and send them to Shi No Numa. After they die, she plucks them from another time period, pulls them through time, and sends them again. We'll discuss this more with Fergusson in Alcatraz.

We also see a note mentioning the Bell with some illegible handwriting underneath it. Could the Bell have been studied here?

~End Subsection~

Also, we have three teleporters (aka Matter Transference Devices) located around Der Riese. Note that there are three bell shaped MTDs around Der Riese, not one.

All of these also all require massive amounts of electrical energy, and shared many characteristics with The Bell, like the shape, teleportation, and size. However, there was only one Bell, and these MTDs were only capable at their current state for one thing - teleportation. Also, we know that there was only one Bell with internal capabilities that allowed many other things, plus the added Xerum 525 inside of it. Therefore, we can conclude that none of the MTDs were the actual Bell. I think the MTDs were recreated models of The Bell, hence the name MTD, not Die Glocke. I believe the sole purpose of the MTD's were not of teleportation, but to be created so that the Nazis would have more than one Bell.

To add to the technology copied from The Bell is first Pack-A-Punch.

The chamber that holds the PaP is shaped like The Bell. The top of it resembles the Wunderwaffe, as well. We know that the PaP uses 115, but the tubes around the PaP contain a liquid that's not Purple nor Pinkish. So, perhaps the cylindrical chambers in the chamber and on top of it contain a mixture of 115 and Xerum 525. The Xerum 525 is what gives the bullets that pink, laser like effect. It literally melts through the zombies' bodies on contact. Though it sounds like such an out there theory because we've had the PaP for so long, I believe 115 isn't the only element being used.

Almost every piece of technology copied from The Bell only lacked one thing (as of this time.): The Xerum 525. Even the PaP only has a small tube full of it. I believe the main reason they didn't use it is because they had a lack of it, which will have importance later.

It appears as though most of the studies in Der Riese were being inspired by the Bell. Some of these calculations by Dr. Maxis are found on some chalkboards found in the Animal Labs.

A few things to note about this:

What I've highlighted in blue is actually a diagram of a Vril 1 Triebwerk spacecraft worked on by the Nazis. Googling around, I found a matching diagram.

Notice that number 3 on the diagram's list simply says "Glocke". On the actual diagram, the "Glocke" would be put into the center of the ship and would power the antigravity. Also, this lets us know that Die Glocke was more than likely Vril technology. Intersting, huh?

What I've highlighted in red is actually a circuit that would hook up the Bell to the spacecraft to power it. I found an identical circuit on Google as well.

For the above picture, there were many more circuits drawn. I photoshopped it and rotated it so you can see how similar the circuits are.

It appears that Maxis not only wanted the technology of the Bell for copies, but wanted to use the actual thing so he could go flying around in his Vril spaceship. It was rumored the Nazis actually ended up communicating with the Vril aliens -- another thing we'll talk about later.

It was eventually rumored that The Bell was moved to the US as part of a post-war deal by Hans Kammler. Of course the US would want the technology if they had heard about it, but it would have to be done in secret. Two things confirm this occurrence in the Zombies Universe.

This is found on the wall in Der Riese next to the chalk boards with all of the calculations on it.

Translated to English, this means "The Bell is mobile." This means that The Bell was no longer at Der Riese, and was indeed moved somewhere else.

Next is a perfect transition to our next Zombies map.

The Pentagon (Five)

The Nazis weren't going to hand over something as amazing as Die Glocke that easily. So, they hid the Bell and tried to destroy the calculations. However, not all calculations were destroyed, and some were recovered by the U.S. Maxis' chalkboards from Der Riese are found in Five:

Also found in the same room by no clipping:

The tank seen above with the Nazi symbol is full of Nova 6, a gas that was used to create the original Gas Zombie. This must've been included with the other technologies given to the Americans.

The Americans also used the notes and technologies to create their own series of teleporters.

These teleporters are linked all around the Pentagon, and can be used to easily navigate the facility.

Kino der Toten:

Group 935 moved an MTD and many other technologies to a theatre to show off to the Nazi party. Another chalkboard with Maxis' calculations from Der Riese is found here.

(This is actually the end of this short section. It needed to be included, though. BTW I couldn't get pic of the chalkboard. It's in the PaP room :D )

Eagle's Nest (Call of the Dead):

In Siberia, we have another 935 base under the name of Eagle's Nest. It was here that we obtained the Vril Generator, aka the Golden Rod. We see some pretty interesting things on our way to obtain it as well. Like Antigravity... Teleportation... UFOs... Hmm... These are all things the Bell was capable of doing. But where exactly was the Bell during all of this? Let me break it down and give a bit of a theory I have on this. Oh yeah, and this was sort of a turning point in the game for Die Glocke.

In the Easter Egg, there is a UFO in the sky beeping morse code. It is a common belief that this UFO is the pyramid we see in orbit around the Moon on Moon's loading screen.

(See under the caption that says "Meanwhile...")

After we do a series of things around the map, we end up with that thing in the sky beeping Morse Code and make a submerged submarine to come out of the water and shoot a green light at the lighthouse.

After we manage to resurrect a zombie, send him to the green light, and kill him before he is lifted to the top, he is sucked into a teleporter. In turn, the teleporter lets down the Vril Generator.

After we retrieve this and give it to Richtofen, the escape in an MTD. Which, by the way, did I mention the MTD was created off of the Bell's technology?

With everything that has just happened in mind, we need to slow down and ask a few questions. Why did the submarine shoot a green, antigravity beam? Why is there a spaceship beeping us morse code? Well, my answers are theory based, and unconfirmed. I believe that the flashing light is not the pyramid at all, but an entirely different Vril spacecraft. The Nazis had already began communications with the Vril via Morse Code. When we activate the radios sending up our Morse Code, we ask for a Vril Generator. The spacecraft beeps down, asking for a trade. The submarine's beam is what is used to make these trades. The Vril ask for a resurrected zombie to be murdered than given to them. In turn, they will give us the generator. When the body goes into the green light, it hits an antigravity field made by the submarine. At the top, it is teleported to the spacecraft. If the demands are met, the spacecraft sends down the Vril Generator. And of course, this was technology all from Die Glocke, and all the equipment was technically invented by the Vril.

Now, one thing we must keep in mind with this is that there is another antigravity thing going on right now. There's a freaking Vril alien spaceship in the sky for Samantha's sakes! This is the perfect transition to bring us to

Shangri La

It's very strange that directly after we have all this talk about the Vril that our characters are sent right smack down in the middle of a mythological city where the Vril society lived. Another name for Shangri La is Shamballah, which is actually the capital city of one of the biggest Nazi conspiracies: Agartha.

It was here where Richtofen was worshipped like a god by the elite people and Vril living there, mainly because they thought he was god. This city was a prime and fantastic example of how the Vril had actually invented things like UFOs and Die Glocke. One thing they had specifically was a time travel device set up in one of the temples. This is the device our O4 characters used to go back in time and help Brock and Gary. Also, the entire city was a teleporter! It moved from place to place, as seen in the Shangri La loading screen, and in the picture above of Agartha.

This is more than likely the city where Die Glocke was created. Perhaps the Focusing Crystals were a source of Xerum 525.

Moon:

The Vril and the city of Agartha had at one point been on the Moon. There are many Vril artifacts located there, and oxygen filled chambers were found underground there. One of the biggest pieces of Vril technology was the MPD.

This device was actually a simple teleporter. When someone entered it, the doors of the MPD shut, and the host's soul was extracted from their bodies and transported to the Aether, another dimension that is described as the Upper Skies. Some compare it to heaven,

some compare it to hell,

and some say it's simply another planet.

While on this planet, the soul in the MPD could control a vital energy flowing through all things. However, the technology was not secure, and the power over things was fragile. So, while the soul is there, they can control the zombies reanimated by element 115. However, they cannot control normal living things just yet. That was what the point of powering the towers in BO2 was.

The soul in the MPD has control over much of the Vril technology, and one of the biggest tools that will be used by that soul is the Bell.

Oh yeah, also at the Moon: A large MTD linked to Area 51.

~Nuketown is more detailed then you think. It will be the last topic I go into.~

Great Leap Forward

Neither the Bell nor Vril technology was really seen in Green Run, which to me is a shame. That is, until our characters are teleported to Great Leap Forward. Richtofen used the Bell to do this.

Here we find the International Zombie Center. Inside, we build a makeshift purple goo shooting gun that somehow makes zombies melt into a gooey substance on the floor that is "contagious" for a few meters.

Hmm, where have we heard of this before? If you can't remember, I'll quote myself:

The Bell appeared to have a purple substance in it, which was later known as Xerum 525. Some scientists think it could be an extremely unstable radioactive isotope of Red Mercury. This chemical was later taken in samples and contained in small cylindrical lead containers, and was a liquid goo of sorts. It's violet color is what made some people think it was somehow related Red Mercury.

What that may have looked like:

The Sliquifier is more than likely full of Xerum 525. The reason you cannot PaP it is because it is already full of Xerum 525 and element 115!

~Alcatraz will be discussed after Resolution 1295. This is where things get interesting.~

Resolution 1295

The naming of Resolution 1295 was explained by GRILL a while ago and how it relates to Angola in Africa. I recommend reading it by clicking here. Basically, we can use this social event to prove Resolution 1295 is in Angola. Even more proof is found on the map selection screen.

You can relatively see where the map takes place, crudely shown by me in the second picture. Here's Angola on a map:

And that to me is a pretty close location to the icon on the map selection screen. But I'm getting off topic. The only reason the location matters is because of where the actual fault line is.

The bottom of it appears to just touch Angola. And that is actually very important.

Depicted in the picture I had shown in Shangri La, you can see many manmade attempts and ways to get into Agartha. I'll bring it up again so you know what I'm talking about.

If you look in the top right corner, you'll notice that one of the entrances is at the Pyramids of Giza. In the Solo cutscene for Buried, our characters are literally about a mile from there and say that they are about 1 days walk away from the Rift, down in Angola. Now, how could they possibly be that close? Well, in a world that looks like this

Not everything is going to be the way things are now. We see a major example of that at our destination in Resolution 1295. There's a giant hole in the ground called the "Rift".

Most people think this is just lava from the tectonic plate shift. But I have a separate idea. What if we were actually looking at the torn open secret passage to Agartha near the Pyramids of Giza? It seems far fetched, but hang with me.

Down inside the ghost town, we find one "human" inhabitant. People call him the big guy, Leroy, Huckleberry, whatever. But this guy isn't normal. He's freaking huge!

This picture I found on Google gives the connection I'm looking for.

Before I try to explain myself, let's look at descriptions of the people living in Agartha:

"It is said that the Nazis escaped the war by venturing into Agartha, a beautiful land under the Earth's crust, with a bright central sun, where the Elite of mankind live... ...one concept explains that the Elite have evolved with the Vril into Giantism, and only few have been selected to join their ranks. Hitler believed he was one of them."
    (I can't find where I got that quote from. I saved it for this thread and couldn't refind the website where I found it :P )

Ok, so the inhabitants of Agartha were supposedly evolved quicker then normal man because of their coexistence with the Vril. Wouldn't that make sense if the Big Guy was actually a former citizen of Agartha? Though he is a more simple creature, I think he may only be a child who wandered away from Agartha, and was scared by the zombies. It's not the first time we've seen a giant made by the Vril.

Remember George Romero? In the cutscene for CotD, he's normal size.

Then he gets decked by a zombie into the water. While in the water, we see a zap of lightning come out of the sky, the signature of the Die Glocke being used. Next thing you know, this guy is giant and almost immortal.

I'd assume this is just the effect the Vril used on the humans in Agartha.

Anyway, as we spawn in, Maxis tells us that this place is very important, and that we must venture underground to help him. After we do his Easter Egg steps, he somehow gains the power to control the vital energy in the zombies, and screams "I WILL FINALLY REACH AGARTHA!" When we do Richtofen's, he somehow gains the energy to control the vital energy in all things entirely. He proves this by taking control of Samuel.

That's all I really have to say about Resolution 1295.

Alcatraz:

What happened in Alcatraz was pretty... Interesting. Our mobsters are stuck on January 1st, somewhere around midnight. They keep trying to escape Alcatraz, but every time they do, they keep hitting the same patch of wind and get knocked into the Golden Gate Bridge. The reason they keep hitting it is because Lucifer keeps resetting time on them. He keeps them trapped in the middle of the night. While at the Golden Gate Bridge, Lucifer teleports them 4 electric chairs for them use. When they die, he plucks them from their own timeline, and send them back to Alcatraz, but alive. He allows Weasel to retain his memory as punishment, but wipes the memories of the others.

One other thing he does is uses Die Glocke to teleport in a juggernaut form of Fergusson. He sometimes plucked out two copies of Fergusson, and crossed his own timeline! We were hinted Lucifer used Die Glocke for this by the Bell sound we hear when we kill Fergusson.

When we kill 6 Fergussons at once, we here a strange sound from the Bell. I'm not yet sure what it means, but I'm going to look into it soon.

Nuketown:

At last, you've reached the final portion of this read. The following is almost 100% theory based and extremely far fetched, so stick with me. Frankly, I'm hoping this section doesn't ruin the post because of how far fetched it is.

Let's look at the Nuketown Loading Screen.

What we're seeing is a giant machine attached to the bottom of what seems to be a UFO digging into the ground with a laser. On the pilot's visor, we see a mushroom cloud. Perhaps this machine is disguising itself with the mushroom cloud, but really, it was digging for Agratha? I say this because, well, what else would it be digging for?

Now going past that, in the actual map, we have a clock that is somehow linked to the population counter. When the counter gets to 0, we hear a Bell noise, and the clock ticks backward. Next, the population counter goes back to 99, and the entire thing is reset. What if we are watching time actually reset? Perhaps it had a link to the workers in Nuketown, and if all of them died, some Vril technology in the area would literally pluck them from their old timeline and bring them back to life, just in case there was a disaster?

Or maybe it's a broken clock.

8/7 UPDATE: Future Zombies

Today we were revealed a cool trailer by 3arc about DLC 4.

VB_9esQucmw

In it, we see this giant metal man.

The description for Der Riese is "The giant is rising." and that was 40 years after we see this footage from 1916. I'm guessing that Die Glocke will be included somehow, considering how it was huge in Der Riese and now Der Riese was named after this giant robot :lol: Stay tuned!

Conclusion:

Wow. I gotta say, if you read this far, thank you. This thread was a lot of work, and took me about 3 weeks to finish my research on everything. I just find it fascinating that everything that rooted zombies was from Vril Technology, and Die Glocke. If you disagreed with any of my theories or had some of your own, please let me know! I hope you guys enjoyed this!

bagel_, out.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

One of the best theories I've read on here. I especially like the idea that Shangri-La was Argatha, and we have BEEN THERE.. I have been thinking the next map would culminate in Argatha, as BO1 culminated on the moon, but now you have thrown some doubt on that thought, and that's great. So much to consider now. :D

@Stupid_Treyarch, Infected115, MMX, and TBSZ: Thanks for the kind words! Just having responses like those makes my day :D

@Marko Thanks man! I'm pretty sure I saw something in the Asylum about Lake Vostok. Another one of GRILL's threads. I'll have to read this and update my OP if necessary. At first glance, it definitely already looks like a connection. Thanks!

@Ourboros Thanks a lot! I was wondering why that connection hadn't already been made, but it is a confusing subject. Shangri La could've been in Agartha or even could've been near Area 51. Figuratively we've been to Agartha with that, but technically, we may not have. Buried, however, I think we went halfway to Agartha in. You know that slide you go down in the spawn to get to the Quick Revive room? I think that's one of those slide like things you see on the picture of Agartha.

Some notes I made:

In Zombies, one man did live long enough to say that Die Rise housed a device that was like a mirror and could look into the past. (I don't have the exact quite on me at the moment, but that's the gist of it.) Just wanted to bring it up. Also, in-game, it's called the Fly Trap. Just saying. Also, MTD stands for Matter Transference Device. MPD is Multidimensional Pyramid Device. It's MTD, not MDT.

Anyway, I'll stop there. A lot of this seems to be theory, theory I don't particularly agree with. So, I can't give you the in-depth reply I said I would. Sorry.

Next to each of the three MTDs on Der Riese is a sign. One says "ENG" (England) one says "GER" (Germany) and one says "FRA" (France.) I think their purpose was to remotely deploy soldiers as part of their invasion / occupation. Imagine being able to send your soldiers directly behind enemy lines with no detection. Originally group 935 wasn't receiving funding from the SS, so that may not have been part of their initial purpose, but I think they did plan to use it as part of their invasion plans.

@MMX Oh crap, I must have had a typo. The mirror like device capable of seeing into the last was on top of Die Glocke, not Die Rise :lol: That was found somewhere in the terminal in BO1, I'm pretty sure in the Dreamland server. Also, thank you for the correction, I must've gotten mixed up. Criticism is always constructive for me.

@EJ True, that could most definitely been one use for them. In the OP I was referring to pre-construction of the devices, as in the original reason they attempted to mimic the technology. Once they had the devices made, they would use it for that purpose. Thank you for the extra info!

• Administrators

Wonderful read. It's great to see another person step up in the theorists ranks. This took a great deal of time, and I love how the connections with Agartha and Shangri-la and Resolution 1295. I'm always a sucker for relations between older maps and newers ones with a similar concept.

Well done, friendo. +1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...