Not so nice

bobane

Imo the new map seems pretty meh, I might be wrong but I know I am at least 300% less stoked for this map than I was with MotD, they seem to have lost the horror side once again, even the zombies look wack with their cowboy hats. I say this based on the minimal footage we've been shown so my opinion might change when it comes out but yeah, and also one more map in the states, the globe concept of the map selection is really wack to me, they should have shown a map of the states and it would pivot somewhere else for Die Rise, since it's the only map that isn't close to the others.

I understand that there were no american prior to BO2 but this is getting lame, when I first popped the game in, I was expecting to see Europe(France or UK) Russian map, maybe even australia or something.

And i'm not making a mad thread, just stating what I think about the map.

So what are your thoughts on this?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off I get really excited for a new zombies map. Buried looks like to would be easy to get around similar to MotD. I glad Purgatory isn't coming back because that ruined my MotD experience. I'm surprised though it isn't in another continent. I was expecting this one to be somewhere other than North America. Hopefuly Treyarch is learning for the map. Can't wait till tuesday!

Btw you said there were no maps in the U.S. before BO2 that is false because Five was in the U.S. Just thought I'd throw that in :D

I have to agree that at the moment I am not as hyped up as I was with MOTD, this seemed to offer so much more (new mechanics, afterlife, music changing etc.). This doesn't seem to offer as much, here is a description:

Players will be challenged to face their deepest fears, trapped inside a long-forgotten subterranean Old West mining town infested with swarms of the undead.

Now to me, the whole 'deepest fears' sounds great! Although it honestly depends on how this is done, is this just for effect (the setting of the map is small and crowded) or is there more behind this that meets the eye...

EDIT- Also remember that this map also offers the 'Ray Gun Mark II', avaliable in all zombies maps on Black Ops II, I think that is pretty cool+

Have to agree with you on the zombie hats... just doesn't seem to suit them TBH ;)

MotD was made by the campaign devs right? so of course they would come up with something twisted like that map bcuz they dont often work with the zombies side (i can only assume) so wen given the chance why wouldnt they create a map not like the rest. but i feel you, im on ps3 and i dont even care i have to wait longer for the map.

i just thought the setting of the map would be much more exciting tho...i still have my hopes for the last dlc

To be honest the fact that the original four haven't shown up really urks me. And with this, it looks like there won't really be a mention of them.

While I suppose it could be interesting, I'm not really all that interested from looking at it as compared to MOTD. There isn't really anything new. Ghost Lady interests me, though. A little more supernatural and creepy.

With all this being said, I've really begun to lose interest in zombies as a whole. They need something new.

I actually love it. The whole setting caught me by surprise, more so than Moon! Especially when expecting Paris or Atlantis. And I applaud 3arc for that.

Now the giant hillbilly prisoner and ghost that looks like Samantha does seem a little farfetched even for Zombies. But I guess that's why we play the map first before examining it. All I can say though, is that the N4 can't/shouldn't be killed off because of stupid fan service. I will lose all hope in Zombies if they do, and blame David Vonderhaar for bringing up the idea.

I'm actually excited for the map, in all honesty. Just because it doesn't matter what's in the map, it's how you experience it and think about it. Because I get shunned all the time for saying the Die Rise is more fun the Mob Of The Dead for the sole reason of that I feel Mob is more linear in terms of strategy. Die Rise you have options. But that's me. All i'm saying is wait until you get a handle of the controller before you claim that it doesn't compare to Mob. P.S. There HAS to be a mention of the O4. 3arch wouldn't displease the fans THAT much.

Imo its time to unravel questions , the intriguing part is Jimmy Z's shout out to the players

BE CAREFUL

The time is drawing near they have been waiting for this for a long time , longer than we've been waiting that's for sure. Don't forget this twit pic from treyarch a hodge podge or thinking board for all of zombies

Tell me you don't see what they are doing .... There is a lot more than we know there ,

Vengeance #Buried will definitely give us something more than MOTD did , concerning our present strife .

I'm actually excited for the map, in all honesty. Just because it doesn't matter what's in the map, it's how you experience it and think about it. Because I get shunned all the time for saying the Die Rise is more fun the Mob Of The Dead for the sole reason of that I feel Mob is more linear in terms of strategy. Die Rise you have options. But that's me. All i'm saying is wait until you get a handle of the controller before you claim that it doesn't compare to Mob. P.S. There HAS to be a mention of the O4. 3arch wouldn't displease the fans THAT much.

THANK YOU!!!!! Someone who finally thinks Die Rise is better than MotD, I get crap for that all the time too lol. I don't even like MotD, it has de-hyped me from zombies for now, don't like it one bit.

Die Rise > Farm > TranZit > Town > Nuketown > Bus Depot > Mob of the Dead

oooohhhhh jimmys tweet, i didnt see that til right now.

im thinkin, how the EE has always had 2 sides...they may have actually put the fate of the N4 in our hands :o

See, i was thinking this as well. Maybe whichever one gets chose the most will be the one they continue forward with? Like if more people kill the N4 they will end their storyline or something?

Imo its time to unravel questions , the intriguing part is Jimmy Z's shout out to the players

BE CAREFUL

The time is drawing near they have been waiting for this for a long time , longer than we've been waiting that's for sure. Don't forget this twit pic from treyarch a hodge podge or thinking board for all of zombies

Tell me you don't see what they are doing .... There is a lot more than we know there ,

Vengeance #Buried will definitely give us something more than MOTD did , concerning our present strife .

Has anyone realized that the map names all contain the letter "R" and is always on the second syllable. Green Run, Die Rise, BuRied, ??R???Y