New zombie characters

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like them to an extent. The reason people probably don't like them is because, well, we know not one damn thing about them. Where are the bio's? The Original Four had depth in character, we knew who they were and where they hailed from. We're just o the surface with these guys.It's just too much mystery and suspense, which I think is stale, but interesting at the same time as the story progresses.

• Moderators

I hate them because I don't think that they are funny and because they are not interesting at all.

And there is actually a good amount of people who like them by the way.

Aaaaand: Welcome to the site! :P

i'd say that the current characters are about as developed after 2 maps together as our original 4 were after 2 maps (der reise)

I don't mind them at all, but the dynamic between Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Edward is sooo funny because they are from different nationalities and are so stereotypical and butt heads with one another because of it. That dynamic had time to develop though, and I think these guys will too, i'm just not sure if the new crew is quite as capable of developing like the first group

I don't dislike them, but I feel they haven't got the same, almost stereotypical like ability as the O4. I mean who doesn't like a mad- German, an honourable Japanese man, an angry American and a drunk Russian. It's almost like we were brought up around these characters. And I seem to circle around madness so Richtofen has always been a favourite ;)

Okay so I feel like i'm the only one who actually likes the new characters from Tranzit and die rise. I see all these people saying how much they hate them and I just don't get it. I mean I know they are a change from what people are probably used to but I don't think that's a reason to hate them.

Well A: Theyve proven to not be as strong as the O4 as most of their coments (mainly from marlington and Samule) are whimpers and fear can be heard in them...

Where as the O4, the mobsters, the five crew, and the Cotd actors all have a sense of "hell yeah! I'm lovin this!"

And B: It's not that we don't like then new guys, it's that we REALLY like the O4 and to be honest, I'm a bit concerned at this point: We haven't heard from them at all other then them being mentioned in quotes... I hope they're Ok...

hate them because I don't think that they are funny and because they are not interesting at all.

And there is actually a good amount of people who like them by the way.

Aaaaand: Welcome to the site!

i agree with this, but i wudent say "hate" them, just find them kind of boring :/ the new characters in mob of the dead im liking alot tho xD

I like them to an extent. The reason people probably don't like them is because, well, we know not one damn thing about them. Where are the bio's? The Original Four had depth in character, we knew who they were and where they hailed from. We're just o the surface with these guys.It's just too much mystery and suspense, which I think is stale, but interesting at the same time as the story progresses.

yeeeea im with him, we know NOTHING about the N4, how they all met up, why they ended up in Green Run, why dont they know anymore about Russman besides his name is Russman, were they actually in Nuketown Zombies because the quotes Marlton say in the bunker ARE in fact from TranZit....its alot of mystery shrouded behind the N4

yeeeea im with him, we know NOTHING about the N4, how they all met up, why they ended up in Green Run, why dont they know anymore about Russman besides his name is Russman, were they actually in Nuketown Zombies because the quotes Marlton say in the bunker ARE in fact from TranZit....its alot of mystery shrouded behind the N4

Yeah, last week I was listening to Darlington's quotes from Nuketown, and it seems like he's communicating with other people. What the hell was that about, laziness? or purpose??

I don't mind them, for now. They get annoying, so sometimes I turn off the volume when I play. But people hate them because, honestly, they're just not the Original 4. That, and we know nothing about them, and that's for a reason though. We're not supposed to know anything about them.

Don't get confused on what I'm going to say, at least I hope you won't. But the New 4 characters, are like the maps themselves. They're a mystery, and we have to put the pieces together to understand their personalities. So far, Die Rise gave us an interesting twist with Samuel, it gave him some depth. Nuketown is Marlton, there should be a reason why he is there. And I'm guessing the next two maps should do the same for Misty and Russman.

So far, they aren't terrible characters. I trust the Zombie team, they created the O4, and the maps we've known to love. And created such a complex story line, that it has it's own website for the fans to explore, and we STILL don't have all the answers we need.

Don't worry, I love them.

The problem is, we have literally only had them for two maps, whilst we've had the O4 for 6 maps (plus BO Nacht and Verruckt, and we hear them in CotD). Basically, they are not developed as much as the O4. Give another couple of maps, and maybe people will turn around. I know the first time I heard the O4, I honestly thought they were stupid and didn't like them. I like them now, but I do think they are grossly overrated (like Elena. dont get me wrong, I'm probs her biggest fan, but give Clark a break. 2 songs compared to 7 is unfair). Gets a bit stale and one-sided having the same characters, and I look forward to their character development with Samantha.

Another problem I think is that they tried to piggy back their personalities a little. Misty is like Tank, Samuel like Edward, Russman like Nikolai, and Marlton like Takeo. Treyarch need to give them their OWN personalities to stand out on their own, not be reminiscent of past characters.

But I honestly can't wait to hear more of the N4's back story, as well as their enevitable meeting with the O4.

Don't worry, I love them.

The problem is, we have literally only had them for two maps, whilst we've had the O4 for 6 maps (plus BO Nacht and Verruckt, and we hear them in CotD). Basically, they are not developed as much as the O4. Give another couple of maps, and maybe people will turn around. I know the first time I heard the O4, I honestly thought they were stupid and didn't like them. I like them now, but I do think they are grossly overrated (like Elena. dont get me wrong, I'm probs her biggest fan, but give Clark a break. 2 songs compared to 7 is unfair). Gets a bit stale and one-sided having the same characters, and I look forward to their character development with Samantha.

Another problem I think is that they tried to piggy back their personalities a little. Misty is like Tank, Samuel like Edward, Russman like Nikolai, and Marlton like Takeo. Treyarch need to give them their OWN personalities to stand out on their own, not be reminiscent of past characters.

But I honestly can't wait to hear more of the N4's back story, as well as their enevitable meeting with the O4.

I too think Russman and Nikolai are the same lol Russman and the Russian. And I don't know why people give Clark a hard time, he's been great so far.

• Administrators

The N4 are great. Like Riss said, they just aren't fleshed out enough. Once we learn where they come from and why they are here doing what they are doing, then we'll all have an "OHHHHH" moment. For the most part, the big complaint most people have about them is "how they aren't as funny as the O4". Give it time - I've heard some pretty funny quotes from each of them. :)

On a side note: I love Clark. I love Elena because she is extremely talented with her vocals and knows how to set the mood in every song as a unique expression. With just the two songs that Clark has set for us, I can tell that we're on a good path. He has great potential; people are just using old references to amplify their opinions.

I just don't see any Reno to like them yet. As several others have pointed out, they aren't funny, and they aren't all gung-ho about killing zombies either. To that point, Samuel and Marlton just seem like cowards. I don't want it fight zombies with a character who is about to shit himself. I want to fight zombies with a character who is ready to jump out of the back of the van, guns blazing. Y'know, kinda like Tank Dempsey or Richtofen.

The mobster on the other hand are AMAZING. Maybe a bit excessive on the language, but hey, they're mobsters.

One quote that gets me every time is "Magic bullets? Sure I'll take yer magic bullets." :mrgreen:

Pretty sure that's Finn when you pick up a max ammo

Now wait a minute. They may not be as funny as the O4, but they do have their moment's. I'm pretty sure we have laughed and enjoyed their comments. I like their personalities, but If one died I wouldn't care. It's all because I don't know their struggle, they haven't made me feel for them, or let me know why I should feel for them.

*edit* i think it first should be mentioned that the tweet at the very bottom from Vahn in the parenthesis it reads after "Had an unorthodox idea (

and 100% unsanctioned)"

so before we go crazy taking this as fact lol

Slightly related, Vonderhaar was tweeting this out last night.

yeah I was about to mention that.... although Vahn has little authority in the actual direction of the zombies story, the community response to his question/suggestion seemingly can't be ignored...

although let the record show those who read this forum, that the best thing ever would be a finale involving first completeing the EE from every map and then navcard/navcard tables somehow enabling a super finale epic map with the O4 and N4 all competing against the zombies in an 8 player map.

hahaha i can dream can't I?

I just don't see any Reno to like them yet. As several others have pointed out, they aren't funny, and they aren't all gung-ho about killing zombies either. To that point, Samuel and Marlton just seem like cowards. I don't want it fight zombies with a character who is about to shit himself. I want to fight zombies with a character who is ready to jump out of the back of the van, guns blazing. Y'know, kinda like Tank Dempsey or Richtofen.

The mobster on the other hand are AMAZING. Maybe a bit excessive on the language, but hey, they're mobsters.

One quote that gets me every time is "Magic bullets? Sure I'll take yer magic bullets." :mrgreen:

Pretty sure that's Finn when you pick up a max ammo

Yeah I guess they are not as enthusiastic about killing zombies as the old crew but that's what I like about them... You can in a way relate to the new characters because they are like normal people put into a difficult situation and they are kind of like what a lot of us would be like if we were them. The new characters are just more human to me they act like real people unlike the old crew (I adore the old crew btw)

• 1 year later...

The N4 were screwed from the start. After the cliffhanger of all cliffhangers that was Moon, our first map in the new game does NOTHING to try and continue that storyline and instead casts us off with four new weird characters. What's worst, they don't even try to develop them at all. The side quests turn into "DO VAGUE STUFF FOR ME AND NOT HIM". Die Rise is just a continuation of this. There's no sort of character development to them nor any updates on the O4's situation, making it worse. MOTD while good pretty much was a waste in the big picture. Buried comes and then FINALLY we get some sort of character development to make them likeable. Even then, it left us with even more unanswered questions. DLC 4 gives us the return of the good ol' O4, although they are bland compared to their old selves. And nope, we get zero mention of N4. It's like a vicious cycle.

I liked Marlton, Abigail, Russman, and Samuel, but they got screwed over throughout the entire DLCs. We'd be lucky if Black Ops 3 even mentions them.