Navcard

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we wouldn't get it from a zombie. no other navcard was received from killing a zombie.

It is likely that there is NO navcard or table within MotD, if we are to go by what Benn (Boooooooo) said in his video.

I am also of the impression that the final Navcard we require for the Tranzit table, will not just be found lying around on the final DLC map, but instead, be obtained through completion of the final EE, then, when obtained, we can return to Green Run, and insert it in that card reader, possibly triggering a new EE on Tranzit?

It would make sense, seeing as, if we could just find it lying around on the final map, what is stopping us just going straight to Green Run, and using it, while bypassing the final maps EE.

That is just a theory though. Still... as HE said, there is a possibility that we do NOT have a Navacard or Table on MotD.

Time will tell though... not long now. :D

I doubt the existance of a NavCard in this map. From what we saw in Tranzit and Die Rise, the NavCard Tables are directly underneath the towers, meaning that they are connected in some way.

I really don't think that the EE in MotD is to lit up a fuc*ing tower, AGAIN.

Also, if we find a NavCard -which are usally accepted in the next map- how could we have it in the next location if the characters are different?

Just a thought. :D

• 2 weeks later...

If it helps any at all, my friends were playing the other night and claim that they got a book beside their point values similar to the Navcards, and it just randomly appeared as they played. Sadly, I do not have video to back up this claim, so take it with all the salt you want.

• Administrators

If it helps any at all, my friends were playing the other night and claim that they got a book beside their point values similar to the Navcards, and it just randomly appeared as they played. Sadly, I do not have video to back up this claim, so take it with all the salt you want.

I'll take that with a whole pitcher of salt then. Why I'd love for there to be some kind of object that would help us later in the DLC maps, there are no other obtainables up to this point in time.

Well now we know the entire map is all some sort of prison (both literally and metaphorically) that will constantly spin through cycles of breaking out, crashing, and waking up again and again...

Noticeably, the entire bridge gets electrocuted when your in the chairs... It's possible the very existance of Arlington or the other three balances the electrisity and forces the power of the golden gate's structure into a spire that will activate 100(ish) years later... Killing arlington is said to continue the cycle, keeping it on track, presumably with a lower supply of energy... This seems to be a theme with richtofen: He relys on the normal power to power the town and then emps the lamps, which we all know, scatters eletric waves, and weakens electricity, in die rise, we avoided using the sphere-conduit things, and simply went the blood sacrafice rought...

As for maxis, he wants to over load the system entirely: Turbines, connected lamps, an Avogadro, LOTSof power in tranzit, and in die rise he used the spheres that seem to bring more power then just a normal blood sacrifice...

So if I'm guessing correctly... There IS a tower in MOTD... Just not an obvious one... In the POP goes the Weasle acheivement, if you kill Arlington and keep things on track your likely choosing richtofen's side... Where as if Arlington kills the other three.. Your power balance is thrown compleatly in the opposet dirrection... Overpowering the spire and in century's time, will help maxis... The nav card table does not apear on this map, as you can't link a tower that rest in hell based on the tower 100 years ago... As that would require backwards time travel which to this date is only seen by perk machines!...

Well now we know the entire map is all some sort of prison (both literally and metaphorically) that will constantly spin through cycles of breaking out, crashing, and waking up again and again...

Noticeably, the entire bridge gets electrocuted when your in the chairs... It's possible the very existance of Arlington or the other three balances the electrisity and forces the power of the golden gate's structure into a spire that will activate 100(ish) years later... Killing arlington is said to continue the cycle, keeping it on track, presumably with a lower supply of energy... This seems to be a theme with richtofen: He relys on the normal power to power the town and then emps the lamps, which we all know, scatters eletric waves, and weakens electricity, in die rise, we avoided using the sphere-conduit things, and simply went the blood sacrafice rought...

As for maxis, he wants to over load the system entirely: Turbines, connected lamps, an Avogadro, LOTSof power in tranzit, and in die rise he used the spheres that seem to bring more power then just a normal blood sacrifice...

So if I'm guessing correctly... There IS a tower in MOTD... Just not an obvious one... In the POP goes the Weasle acheivement, if you kill Arlington and keep things on track your likely choosing richtofen's side... Where as if Arlington kills the other three.. Your power balance is thrown compleatly in the opposet dirrection... Overpowering the spire and in century's time, will help maxis... The nav card table does not apear on this map, as you can't link a tower that rest in hell based on the tower 100 years ago... As that would require backwards time travel which to this date is only seen by perk machines!...

Richtofin doesn't necessarily use less power, 115 is an extremely powerful energy source and if you remember right in ToB you accidentally overload the tower by killing to much underneath it and that's why you have to EMP it, not because he wants less but simply because we've used too much energy. The Avogadro as far as we know so far is composed of electricity and just has more concentrated power than the turbines, but how do we know how his energy compares to that of 115?

Well in Die Rise Richtofin again uses 115/ blood sacrifice to power what he needs and this time Maxis relies on the Energy of the Lost Souls. So is Maxis using life energy? whether it is or not 115 seems to be equally as powerful whereas in ToB regular electricity was less potent than the 115.

It is kind of interesting that the Die Rise navcard shows up next to your points in MotD when MotD is basically a "Survival" map with no persistent upgrades and completely different characters.

Actually... even more interesting possibly; I just checked a couple clips I uploaded last night from the same game (to make sure the card does show up and I wasn't imagining things again), and in one of them I have the card, but in the other I don't.

Round 11 it's there;

P-qrXJiFDsM

Round 19, same game... it's gone!;

0eP7I2gZ5Cs

It's probably nothing, or just a glitch of Theater Mode perhaps? I dunno... I'll have to go back and review that game to see exactly when I lost it. Or if I even had it when the game started. Definitely interesting regardless.

^^I was wondering the same thing, but Lithium gave a good explanation.

I think the team just used the same coding for the HUD, but changed the appearance.

So the HUD originally had the data to display NavCards.

And it just kinda carried over.

I just think they should be ignored honestly. Makes no sense for them to have those cards, and its probably just linked to our profiles holding them.

^^I was wondering the same thing, but Lithium gave a good explanation.

I think the team just used the same coding for the HUD, but changed the appearance.

So the HUD originally had the data to display NavCards.

And it just kinda carried over.

I just think they should be ignored honestly. Makes no sense for them to have those cards, and its probably just linked to our profiles holding them.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking too. I seriously doubt there's anything to it. Still may be worth looking into, even if it probably won't result in anything substantial. I mean, they don't show up in the TranZit survival maps or Nuketown... but I don't claim to know how the programming and everything works either.