What I Expect from Nuketown Zombies!

I know Treyarch staff visits this forum, so I think I should post this here.

I would like to see Nuketown zombies perks increase as new perks are out.

For example, when Revolution was released, the perk Who's Who should have also been allowed to appear on Nuketown zombies.

I thought that's what would make the map special when it was first released, but I was sort of let down.

Would anyone also enjoy this from the map as well?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's fine with just the 4 original perks (though Double Tap's been improved) and the Pack-a-Punch. Besides, having more perks on the map means potentially having to wait even longer before Juggernog appears.

True and I'd say that's a challenge, but hardly, because I can still survive until round 25 without Juggernog..

Who's who would be a ridiculous addition if it's two player. Player 1 goes down. Player 2 distracts the horde as player 1 picks himself up, goes to buy another who's who neglecting another perk of choice so that 4 can be retained=games would never ever end.

Not gonna happen. Maybe tombstone. But not who's who.

Unfortunately you have to remember the rules. The actual existence of the perks are determined by the group that had the technology. Nuke town is limited to its resources as everyone else is, meaning if who's who was present some type of espionage/trading must have been done with the Chinese government.

The classics are there because group 935 were sloppy with there tech (I would be as well while running from zombies). We also know that spies had infiltrated the group previously and that the scientist were a mix from several different nationalities. This is why we are able to have multiple different countries with the new introduction of perks in a fun storyline way from there own research branching from that.

I think this is a great idea! There's so many Perk locations in Nuketown Zombies. They should have all the Perks. They certainly have the room for it. So you might have to wait a bit longer to get Juggernog. Honestly, big whoop! I'd take variety any day. I'd also love to combine Tombstone Soda with Who's Who.

I think this is a great idea! There's so many Perk locations in Nuketown Zombies. They should have all the Perks. They certainly have the room for it. So you might have to wait a bit longer to get Juggernog. Honestly, big whoop! I'd take variety any day. I'd also love to combine Tombstone Soda with Who's Who.

The many possible perk locations is why I expected this in the first place.

• Administrators

I would say leave Nuketown Zombies as it is. People want modifications to pre-existing maps, thinking that it will make it better. While it may have been acceptable with Black Ops installing Mule Kick to every map (because it didn't necessarily improve your playing skills), trying to add extras other than that similar concept downgrades the survival aspect of the map. The point is to survive with what you're given.

I would say leave Nuketown Zombies as it is. People want modifications to pre-existing maps, thinking that it will make it better. While it may have been acceptable with Black Ops installing Mule Kick to every map (because it didn't necessarily improve your playing skills), trying to add extras other than that similar concept downgrades the survival aspect of the map. The point is to survive with what you're given.

The point is not to modify an existing map. The point is that the layout of the map itself lended itself to the notion of periodic updates, which turned out to be false.

• Administrators

The point is not to modify an existing map. The point is that the layout of the map itself lended itself to the notion of periodic updates, which turned out to be false.

Perhaps so; hence, all the potential spots that perk machines can drop in. But the way I see Nuketown Zombies, it's made to be a small[er] map. It feels as though adding a few more perk machines would...well, make it a tad to easy. Mule Kick would be fine to some extent, but I personally love how difficult it is with only four perk machines plus the Pack-a-Punch machine.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were to be a new perk installed into Nuketown without us knowing.

Well that's simply solved:

By either

A: A way to buy a perk spawn for a high price of course

Or

B: Seperating the perks so that when the clock hits Zero a WAW perk drops, but when the population hits zero, a black ops perk spawns, and when you run out of either one, the next perk to spawn in will be a black ops 2 perk!

That way the perks are separated!

So you would need 401 kills to spawn all phd, stamin up, deadshot, and mule kick,

But only need to survive, eh, 16 rounds is it?, To get all speedcola, doubletap, quick revive, juggernog, and pack a punch!

Then you would only need to either get an additional 100+ kills or few rounds to gain access to either tombstone (or who's who, not both sense they do nearly the exact same thing and won't work well together in a map) as well as any more perks they have in store for us!

So there! You have your juggernog before round 20, as well as doubletap speedcola and quick revive as well as pack a punch! Then you can have they opertunities to get the other perks. Infact if they bring back tombstone they could easily get all perks! Running around with PHD, mulekick, jug, double tap, deadshot, speed cola, stamin up, quick revive, and then some with three upgraded weapons while your partner does the same on the opposing side of the map....

I look back at this and realize it may be a bit overpowered to have all perks... They should use who's who instead...

Totally agree. And it doesn't even change anything. You are still limited to 4 perks because of no RPB.

The perks tend to land in the backyards the most, with the middle mostly empty and the houses them self empty majority of the time.

There's 10 spawns, 5 of which are taken by the core perks and PaP.

We are left with:

PhD Flopper

Stamin-Up

Deadshot Daiquiri

Mule Kick

Tombstone Soda

Who's Who

Not to forget future perks. But of those 6, which do you guys see being added?

I imagine PhD and Deadshot would be a no go.

Tombstone and Who's Who couldn't be together I imagine. Seems like Who's Who would cancel it out anyway. Who's Who gives you more reviving opportunities, but Tombstone can get you more than 4 perks, as well as keeping them if you manage to grab Tombstone and the drop whenever respawning. But it's a Co-Op only perk.

Forgetting those, I can see Mule Kick being added in, possibly Stamin-Up as well.

But I'll wait till future perks come out before deciding.

As for problems with Jug coming late, they could keep it same as it is now, with the 4 core perks and PaP coming first everytime, than after that, the additional perks added.

Instead of just waiting, I would rather have all perks available from game start, but only one is accessible at a time. Like the mystery box re-spawns, the perk machines could also. Say 2 purchases and the machine disappears(unless on Solo), then in a different location a different machine spawns and again, two purchases make it disappear and re-appear.

This would actually ADD strategy to the game and make it more difficult. Instead of having to wait for a perk, you have to buy the perk and then get more points to buy again. You get QR to start? 2 players gotta get 1500 to re-roll the perk. Next is DT? 2 players gotta get 2000 to re-roll the perk.

The strategy comes in when you have more than 2 players, who gets what perk at what time? Do 2 players just keep re-rolling the perks until they have them all and then let the other 2 players acquire? Do you alternate who purchases at what time? The options are what keeps the strategies interesting and add to re-playability. This trend that 3arc has about waiting for things is not my favorite...

Nuketown is WAY too small to be needing more perks, yet alone have all of them available from the start. It would be too easy. For me, Nuketown Zombies is the closest thing to the classic feel Blops 2 has to offer, a NDU 2.0 IMO, and still my favorite of the three available so far. If anything, I wouldn't mind if they randomly added one of the new perks in to replace one of the 4 original perks, just for and extra challenge, but I think it should stay at four, if not just keep it the way it is. The way they spawn and everything already evens it out perfectly since you don't know what you'll get or when.

Purhaps it should just be a whole new map entirely, where perks still spawn in but by different means...

Like say, we play in "The statue" (not going into reasons why I chose the statue, it just is), just after the doomsday explosion.

There is but one area around the statue of liberty and the inside of the statue. Around the base there will be tons of debris and five perk-spawn locations. The one door to buy will be 1250 and it will lead you to an elevator to the statue's head. There you will have access to two more perk machines, and in the head will be 3 more perk machines, and the box spawn. The last door will cost 3000 and bring you up to the torch where you can buy claymores, Semtex, the last perk, Bowie, and galvaknuckles.

Perks include:

Juggernog, speed cola, doubletap, quick revive, PHD Flopper, mule kick, who's who, and pack a punch,

Some perk drops won't be needed. Also you can fall off the torch to your death (or to epicness if you have phd).

Perks BTW don't spawn as they normally would... Every so often, a fighter jet will fly over (or lightning, whichever is cooler), and will blast open a crate somewhere on the map, the stone will have a perk or pack a punch inside it!

Also as a bonus, there is an area on the map where you can hear russman talking.

The map will end and the final cutscene will show the island being hit with a purple light... Fallowed by richtofen's laughter...

Purhaps it should just be a whole new map entirely, where perks still spawn in but by different means...

Like say, we play in "The statue" (not going into reasons why I chose the statue, it just is), just after the doomsday explosion.

There is but one area around the statue of liberty and the inside of the statue. Around the base there will be tons of debris and five perk-spawn locations. The one door to buy will be 1250 and it will lead you to an elevator to the statue's head. There you will have access to two more perk machines, and in the head will be 3 more perk machines, and the box spawn. The last door will cost 3000 and bring you up to the torch where you can buy claymores, Semtex, the last perk, Bowie, and galvaknuckles.

Perks include:

Juggernog, speed cola, doubletap, quick revive, PHD Flopper, mule kick, who's who, and pack a punch,

Some perk drops won't be needed. Also you can fall off the torch to your death (or to epicness if you have phd).

Perks BTW don't spawn as they normally would... Every so often, a fighter jet will fly over (or lightning, whichever is cooler), and will blast open a crate somewhere on the map, the stone will have a perk or pack a punch inside it!

Also as a bonus, there is an area on the map where you can hear russman talking.

The map will end and the final cutscene will show the island being hit with a purple light... Fallowed by richtofen's laughter...

That would be tight !

Another idea is that somewhere on the map there would be one door buyable for 10,000 and inside was a single perk drop, that way a player can get 5 perks once per map...

Or purhaps a perk bottle that would always give you a perk you cant get anywhere else: Extra slot: A perk that can be used ONCE to buy all perks on the map (indevidually) BUT, you can not get it a second time, so if you go down, your SOL if you don't have who's who... I'd like a perk bottle like that...

Name: Bargain Barista

Cost: 10,000

Reward: As long as player remains up, player receives new random perk at the beginning of each round until all perks within map are accumulated.

*If player purchases any perk while BB is active, BB reamins active, but won't reward the purchased perk.

**Player may purchase BB after all perks are received and will restart process of obtaining one perk at the start of each round as soon as they are downed and revived.

Name: Bargain Barista

Cost: 10,000

Reward: As long as player remains up, player receives new random perk at the beginning of each round until all perks within map are accumulated.

*If player purchases any perk while BB is active, BB reamins active, but won't reward the purchased perk.

**Player may purchase BB after all perks are received and will restart process of obtaining one perk at the start of each round as soon as they are downed and revived.

That is WAY overpowered!

Try 100,000 points... Then maybe!

You're crazy, that's not overpowered. You spend the 10k up front, get a symbol that indicates you bought it, but no perk until the next round starts. If you go down once before you get all your perks, guess what...You get nothing, but the BB keeps the 10k.

Imagine you don't get Jugg the first time. You already must be at fairly decent rounds to have the 10k, so now you're almost into double digits, if not already. Takes quite a lot to go into double digit rounds without Jugg and no downs. So this perk would challenge you.

BTW, the Barista is supposed to be a nod to a Barista (coffee shop attendant) continuously serving you perks (refilling your coffee cup) for 10k up front.