ATTN Treyarch - sledgehammer and the fly

oh and i should clarify... by hoard i dont mean just the zombies u have trained behind you at the moment, i know many of the wonderweapons could take them all out in one shot... i mean every zombie thats going to spawn in for that entire round, because the sliqufier is definitely the only gun that can take them all out in one shot.

I've been to 100, and killed 23,500 zombies in the process. Not once did I take them all out in one shot. Sometimes in the 60s, you might need 2 shots, on very rare occasions. once you get to the mid 80's, you are continually worrying about ammo. As the gun has 50 bullets and you get rats after every 4 rounds that means you get 10 shots per round on average (excluding the 10 in the chamber). Do the math.

Wait are you calling everyone "Noobs" or newbs for agreeing with your post?

No, the people who agree with me actually understand why they are agreeing with me.

They give their own reasons, and state it in such a way to show that they understand why they agree.

As the quote above shows, this guy really knows nothing. It seems to me that everyone who thinks it's overpowered, only thinks it is because they are hearing others say it. No-one is actually giving any real reasons as to why it is overpowered, as they aren't actually using it in a way that makes it overpowered.

That's what annoys me. When someone said earlier that they only use wall weapons was a great example. I'm not saying it's not fun, but they are called wonder weapons for a reason. To not use them out of principle, and to put your point across as if you are better than everyone for playing like that is madness.

My whole point is that it's only a very small percentage of players who can use it in an overpowered way.....they tend to be the ones who agree. The ones who say it was overpowered and it's a good thing that it's patched, well in my opinion they really could never use it in such a way, and it smacks of jealousy towards those that can.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest quality of an OP Wunder Weapon is not killing potential or ammo capacity, but the ability to spam it and save yourself in a corner. There are only two (ish) weapons that could do this: the Thundergun and the Wave Gun and, pre round 40, Sallies with Flopper. These are the only OP weapons in the game. In order to get a high round, you must be able to kill effectively and efficiently. The Sliquifier was, by far, the most effective and efficient killing weapon in Zombies to date. It was not only a one-hit kill (it now creates crawlers past round 100) but it had the potential to kill an immeasurable amount of zombies with one shot. You are lying to yourself if you think you can complete 100 rounds in the China room without having done it before.

I am hereby boycotting Black Ops 2 until they fix the Sliquifier/the next DLC comes out. No Man's Land, here I come...

The biggest quality of an OP Wunder Weapon is not killing potential or ammo capacity, but the ability to spam it and save yourself in a corner. There are only two (ish) weapons that could do this: the Thundergun and the Wave Gun and, pre round 40, Sallies with Flopper. These are the only OP weapons in the game. In order to get a high round, you must be able to kill effectively and efficiently. The Sliquifier was, by far, the most effective and efficient killing weapon in Zombies to date. It was not only a one-hit kill (it now creates crawlers past round 100) but it had the potential to kill an immeasurable amount of zombies with one shot. You are lying to yourself if you think you can complete 100 rounds in the China room without having done it before.

I am hereby boycotting Black Ops 2 until they fix the Sliquifier/the next DLC comes out. No Man's Land, here I come...

I'm upset I have lost the oppurtunity to really try for the 100 doing this. I really only gave it one try so far and made it to 53 with whos who in a less than desirable location. I would have loved to be able to give it a few more gos considering I'm getting more comfortable kiting in the room.

Oh well, guess I missed my oppurtunity, should of played more.

Clan":1sdb7x57]chopper how did they mess up the sliquifier? what do u mean no more chains? is it broken? sorry for all the questions,I'm a ps3 owner

The sliquifier used to have a chaining affect that meant skilled players could use it to kill many zombies in one shot, this effect was nerfed in the update and the gun is now much less effective.

The reason a lot of people are complaining about this is that they believe that there was no need to nerf the gun as it took a lot of skill and knowledge to use the effect that they nerfed and it takes away a lot of awesome and fun strategies people could use on the map. You can still get to high rounds using old strategies form Bo but some people want change.

The reason people are happy about this is that it was possible to abuse the chaining effect in areas with only one spawn point to get to very high round with little effort or skill.

A better solution would be to fix the problem with the spawns instead of nerfing the gun.

That is my current understanding and IMO it was a mistake to nerf the gun, other than the exploits I do not see any advantages to it but that is just my opinion and since i am not one of the few that used the gun much before the patch i can only speak with the knowlage given to me by others

There are still 2 spots where you can do exactly what everyone was doing in BO, making a single hoard, killing and then starting again.

The Buddha room and the upside down room with a hole.

The liquid gun was like a step forward from this. I can't believe that the developers didn't realise that it could be used as it has been being used. The way the chain works, moving from zombie to zombie, in a map with walkers just can't have not been realised.

So it is still more than possible to get to a high round, but it's the same old rinse and repeat crap from BO. The guys going really high were spending literally 100+ hours on a game. This can still be done after the patch. What's the point though?

These guys who were spending that long simply couldn't do the same thing pre patch with the liquid gun as it was so difficult.

Yote did a video were it took him like 6 hours or something to get to mid 60s. That's around 1/3 of the way to 100. So it would have taken him at least 18 hours to get to 100, which in reality would be much more as he would have to recycle the gun a lot. The fact is he wasn't good enough to do it in the china room to 100, which can be done in as little as 7 hours. There are really very few players who can do it. So basically after taking an apparent step forward, they have taken a massive step backwards. That's why I'm so annoyed, it was so unnecessary when they could have just patched the glitch locations.

Clan":2t6usluk]yeah man i was so excited for chaining too!wat is wrong with treyarch?btw chopper im a sub and i love your randomness and verruckt video,the skill level wel running that train was very very good,i dont know exactly how 1+ or brains works but basically 1+ on that vid man,good job :D :!:

Brains aren't here anymore. We've been saying they'll be coming back for about a year and alas, nothing.

You can argue that it takes skill to stay alive while the Sliquifier takes out a few every so often... when they die, they come back (from all different directions) and it’s the golden opportunity for the zombies to take you out… And that happens throughout the entire match.

Why nerf something that you wanted to be strong?

Also, I want PHD in the map. Not for the explosive resistance or the fact that I might dump down the elevator shaft… But for surviving the numerous glitches on Each of the slides. I’ve gone down on each slide. I went through the map and teleported to the AN94 room dead. I have gone down at the end of the slide at the box. Maybe PHD could prevent us from going down on the slides?

I know that’s why they have the who’s who perk. They probably won’t fix the slide glitches... Just like they couldn’t fix the Ascension Picture when you select it.

I feel as if we have to play whatever Treyarch makes us play and how they want us to play it... They only fix invincible glitches; sometimes and on occasion, the fun overpowered weapons. They really can’t sell us a complete game.

The game is always sold to the public, Broken. But we're in luck!! We can fix it!! But it costs an extra 50-60 bucks and 9 months...

Makes Sense Right?!

NOPE! A Billion Dollars isn’t enough?

Rant. Time.

World At war Zombies was a great building block for the survival-based zombie video games. Before World at War, I didn't give a crap about zombies at all. It just never crossed my mind. Then I played Der Reise at my friend’s house... I then went to game stop and bought the game and Microsoft Points to buy every DLC.

Black Ops 1 was better because of the effort Treyarch put into it. We had 3 playable maps: Kino Der Toten, Five and Dead Ops arcade before there was any talk of DLC. Each of these maps was a step-up from WaW in their own way. I was happy to buy each DLC. AND people who paid for the Hardened Edition received the entire World at War maps, remastered. Those were the lucky ones. That was back then... When Priority Mattered.

Black Ops 2 so far, has been a huge disappointment. Yes, we have Bigger and more intricate maps. But we have surprisingly less to do in the maps. The only new differences we have are: The modes of transportation, weak perma-perks, Buildable items, different boss waves, tombstone and Who’s Who? They even took things out such as popular perks, Death Machine, Bon Fire/Fire sales (Nuketown sucks. Let the people who paid for the hardened edition play the entire Nuketown Map. Including, the fenced off areas that are highlighted when selecting Nuketown and a Playable Easter Egg) And a Storyline that isn’t in a spoon, fed to us. I like things that are hidden in sub text or on the walls, or put on the loading screen... Make me think. Not make me think, "Why?" DIE RISEs loading screen has nothing in it that puzzles anyone. There’s nothing to think about.

Treyarch even said that there was a separate Story Mode/"Campaign" for us to play. Said there was like 8 different game modes and My Mind Was Going to Be "Blown." Yeah, My Brain Hurts Alright. I’m, so far, very confused and pissed.

So by saying, “You’re minds are going to be blown” they released the Hardened and Care Package Editions for extra money… Making a good portion of the public want to spend the extra money to buy it and get extra zombies Map(s). I was hoping to get the Black Ops1 maps, Remastered; since there was no information on what was going to be in the Hardened Edition. Nuketown is what we got. For Twenty Dollars Extra. ONE map. ONE Month before those who got it for free? I Definitely could have waited if I only knew what I was buying... But the 3 Gamestops in my city didn't have any Intel on what was being offered.

I Don’t Like Treyarch and its zombies anymore... I Especially don’t like them after the sneakiness of their Hardened and Season Pass fiasco. There was no need for the greediness. The job market and economy in America is already bad, why not rob everyone for an extra 40-60 bucks? I tell you, if I had the opportunity to make fake promises and screw the gaming community of their hard-earned money, I WOULDN’T DO IT. I would however, remind the public of all the good things we have done on previous games and make it better. I would take DIE RISE and make it an unlock able map once the campaign was completed on any difficulty. I would also give away Nuketown Zombies along with Nuketown 2025 to anyone who Preordered My Game. I would work to do this as special thanks to all my loyal devoted gamers who love playing my game. If by doing this, more and more people started playing zombies for the first time, I would make previous DLC for WaW and BO1 cheaper. That's how it's done. You spend money to make money, You'll have a lot more people giving credit where credit is due.

Not what Treyarch and Activision did at all. They made the Hardened Owners feel foolish and made a fun game boring and more on the side of a rip off. I don’t feel lucky at all for getting Nuketown Zombies for the money I spent. I still haven’t bought the Season pass. My friend did. I’ll just go over to his house and play. At least, Treyarch won’t get any more of my money... and probably never will.

I feel like this is Halloween, and with time, I'm slowly not giving a crap anymore.

Was It worth It?

I for 1 am a little happier that other people are pissed and expressing it. Doesn't matter if you look at it as "complaining" It's the truth and it needs to be thrown out there. This should NEVER happen again. Plain and Simple. Like I know when the term "Buyer Beware" is thrown out there, it is when you probably shouldn't trust the seller. THAT! is how I'm going to behave when purchasing video games and its DLC from both of these companies. Let people you know buy it and then play it on their account first. If Treyarch made a good Map or game, then buy it. You'll See DLC changes real quick once they see sales are down for a crappy product.

Also, we should call the Purple liquid goo, "Slag." It's from Borderlands 2. Slagged enemies take more damage from anything else.

Actually, I'm pretty sure who ever came up with this gun, definitely played a lot of borderlands in the office. Haha! treyarch took ideas from a better multi player game and passed it off as one of their own.

Here you have a community full of ideas, (go on, check out the Future Zombies forum) on what wunder weapons should be in the game. And they went with Borderlands haha.

What's next? TURNED! "For the First time ever, you'll be able to play as a zombie." The Ego on that statement!!

UHHHHHH, They made games devoted to that idea. You didn't come up with it first.

I'm curious to see what else they haven't came up with lol

Let me quickly add my thoughts to this thread.

I agree with Chopper's points for the most part. Treyarch seems to be following a pattern in BO2 Zombies of starting off with each map fresh, interesting and new. Then after they see people doing stuff and having fun (whether it's glitches or not) they feel a need to patch it, and take that fun stuff away and make the game as hard as they can.

I don't think we needed to have the zombies swing faster. That may just be me, but I don't think it was was necessary. It's not the end of the world for me that I get downed more often since I can get hit from behind now while running, and get instantly killed by a zombie if they get within reach and I don't have Juggernog, but I don't think the change was necessary.

But it irritates me more that they had to change the Jet Gun (yeah, I know people say it wasn't meant to be used quickly, that's fine, but it still was that way for more than a few months! Why change it now of all times?!), and the Sliquifier. The Sliquifier was 100% fine the way it was when the map was released. It was such a well balanced weapon, I loved it. Now, I still think it's good but I don't enjoy it anywhere near as much.

I'm scared to enter the shaft of the Escher building now, because I know there's a 10-25% chance that I could have my game ruined for using the path that Treyarch made for us due to that stupid glitch which has killed me several times. So I have to Trample Steam everywhere. This is retarded, and should be what Treyarch patches, not the things that people are actually having a good time enjoying.

I like it that Treyarch wants to fix problems in their games, I really do. A lot of companies don't even bother. But as one of the people actually playing that game, what I'd like to see changed and fixed are the things that need to be fixed... like barrier glitches and death slides... not the weapons of the map, or the things that people like about it. I feel like it's important to leave the good things alone.

As far as NTZ, I also spent my money for the Hardened version of the game just so I could get that map. I was a bit offended to find I'd been cheated. Please right this wrong to us, Treyarch. Like, give us a free download of the next map pack or something. That would be the right thing to do.

Long and short of it - Fix what needs to be fixed, and leave well enough alone.

The Sliquifier was, by far, the most effective and efficient killing weapon in Zombies to date. It was not only a one-hit kill (it now creates crawlers past round 100) but it had the potential to kill an immeasurable amount of zombies with one shot.

It can create crawlers now? Can I see your source for this? If this is true, that's just messed up.

As far as NTZ, I also spent my money for the Hardened version of the game just so I could get that map. I was a bit offended to find I'd been cheated. Please right this wrong to us, Treyarch. Like, give us a free download of the next map pack or something. That would be the right thing to do.

I agree 100% with you. Hardened Edition owners should either get the next DLC Free or A DLC of our Choosing. It would be the right thing to do. It's not that hard to distinguish those who typed in a code on day one from those who downloaded it when it was available to SPH. We should get a message sent to us via console with an apology and a code for the next DLC, Free.

The Sliquifier was' date=' by far, the most effective [i']and efficient killing weapon in Zombies to date. It was not only a one-hit kill (it now creates crawlers past round 100) but it had the potential to kill an immeasurable amount of zombies with one shot.

It can create crawlers now? Can I see your source for this? If this is true, that's just messed up.

Sure.

The Sliquifier was' date=' by far, the most effective [i']and efficient killing weapon in Zombies to date. It was not only a one-hit kill (it now creates crawlers past round 100) but it had the potential to kill an immeasurable amount of zombies with one shot.

Sure.

Seeing this angers me more than the liquid trails everywhere. Really, Treyarch?!?! Really?!?!

Guys. I want an honest answer. Which is better: the Wave Gun? the 31-79 JGb215? or the Sliquifier?

Thing new patched Sliquifier makes judgement a bit difficult. It has finite damage now, as you can see by crawlers. However, it is the largest finite damage ever seen. I mean, it CAN get you to Round 100 with seemingly infinite damage. What do you guys think?

• Moderators

Guys. I want an honest answer. Which is better: the Wave Gun? the 31-79 JGb215? or the Sliquifier?

Thing new patched Sliquifier makes judgement a bit difficult. It has finite damage now, as you can see by crawlers. However, it is the largest finite damage ever seen. I mean, it CAN get you to Round 100 with seemingly infinite damage. What do you guys think?

31-79 JGb215

JGB has the most killing power now, because chaining is next to impossible unless you're a spawn-abusing scrambob. So, yeah, JGB hands down.

Nice thread, nice responses. Read through first page and a half.

I'd like to say this:Why base an achievement off of the ability to kill many zombies with a single shot, and then take that same ability away from us because we were using the gun wrong?

I mean, it's still a wonderful weapon, but it definitely lost some potential.