Is the old crew.. DEAD?!

RichieHF

Last night, I was playing Tranzit trying to get the new perks, and I heard Richtofen say something around the lines of: "Vodka, Vodka, Vodka! Did someone say Vodka?... Oh, how I miss that drunk."

But then it came to me from him hearing him say something in Survival or Tranzit (Not Sure) around the lines of: "I think that's a 'Max Ammo', I'm not sure... I can only see EVERYTHING at the same time."

So, why would he miss Nikolai if he can see everything?

This made me think that the old crew is dead?.. Or atleast Nikolai.

Or can anyone give me some sort of mind-blowing explanation for this?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm.... Very interesting indeed. You may have stumbled onto a clue that no one else has picked up on yet. These two statements are at odds with each other aren't they? I have noticed and heard these as well but never really analyzed it.

This could be a situation where the two statements were never meant to be cross referenced OR it could be a clear indication that our old crew is long gone.

Good find man. I hope someone comes up with a good answer cuz i cant explain away this conundrum.

They are alive, but not in the current timeline atthe moment?

Does that ease the pain?

What pain? :roll:

Can you explain your theory?

The pain you seemed to suffer at the thought of the o4 dead.

I cannot lend credence to my idea, I was just throwing out a possible scenario explaining Ric's words, yet leaving the o4 alive.

I have never thought about it, but it is possible that they are dead, specially if trazit takes place 20 years after moon, which I personally don't believe. It is also possible that he killed them using the zombies and moon really was the end all game where you really aren't supposed to survive just go nuts till you die, which would explain no mans land, the pack a punch being at the very start, the reason you get all the perks after the easter egg, and why you can make pack a punch ammo cheaper.

Though, it is also possible that he misses the company of the original four, as even if he could see them no matter where or when, it would not be the same as interacting with them.

I have never thought about it, but it is possible that they are dead, specially if trazit takes place 20 years after moon, which I personally don't believe. It is also possible that he killed them using the zombies and moon really was the end all game where you really aren't supposed to survive just go nuts till you die, which would explain no mans land, the pack a punch being at the very start, the reason you get all the perks after the easter egg, and why you can make pack a punch ammo cheaper.

I disagree on the "just go nuts 'till ya die." idea.. Since, you know.. Richtofen and Maxis have more planned.

Why is he not "with them", when Samantha was with the crew even through time travel?

Well they certainly did not bond with her, until she was physically with them in Richtofen's body.

I mean, if you had a Demonic voice talking to you, you wouldn't grow attached to it. Not like a person who is with you physically.

They could be dead or alive. I'm hoping alive. I feel like Samantha wouldn't go down that easily, not with the knowledge she possesses.

• Administrators

Are they dead? Maybe. Are they alive? Maybe. We don't know the concrete details, but we shouldn't be able to know them so early in the game. Richtofen mentions missing Nikolai because he is...well, the comedic character of the whole group. Who doesn't like the vodka-loving Soviet drunk? Once Richtofen betrayed the crew and switches entities with Samantha, he's never going back to them again. Keep in mind that they can still teleport back to Area 51 via teleporters on Moon. Who's to say that they didn't just escape, or alter the coordinates of the American-made MTD to send them somewhere else?

Are they dead? Maybe. Are they alive? Maybe. We don't know the concrete details, but we shouldn't be able to know them so early in the game. Richtofen mentions missing Nikolai because he is...well, the comedic character of the whole group. Who doesn't like the vodka-loving Soviet drunk? Once Richtofen betrayed the crew and switches entities with Samantha, he's never going back to them again. Keep in mind that they can still teleport back to Area 51 via teleporters on Moon. Who's to say that they didn't just escape, or alter the coordinates of the American-made MTD to send them somewhere else?

Or some "time" else. For all we know, they could have teleported to the year 5000. Or maybe 2015. Or maybe they went back to their original time...1945. But I like where this thread is going. I wonder what Treyarch will do about the old crew...if anything at all.

HOLY CRAP I JUST HAD AN AMAZING THEORY.

In another thread talking about a quote someone made about Die Rise, They said something is down the elevator in the spawn room. Maybe the o4 teleported to a new location via teleporter and they popped up somewhere like Der Riese or Kino or something.

They did it before! so maybe they popped up near Shi No Numa Due to the 115 meteor radiation and the o4 found themselves in Die Rise, after some traveling; But seperated from the new 4.

The guys at Treyarch would be complete fools to kill off the old crew without any explanation at all. I expect we'll at least find out what happened to them, if not fully interact with them.

Wait, wasn't it confirmed when BO2 was first released that the old crew would be back "in some form"? Or am I remembering something else?

the man has a point tho risole we have absolutely no evidence that any of them ARE alive still... only a hope and a dream.

hmm what if the last map of dlc has us going back to the moon where the O4 still are (we assume, because why would they want to come back to earth after they've just destroyed it) and there is a meeting of the groups? :)