Persistent Upgrades Nomenclature VOTING

Hello there. With all these Persistent Upgrades you can get in TranZit and whatnot, no one has any kind of naming convention for them. They are unnamed and mysterious. People call them different things. In fact, it can be quite confusing sometimes. So I have made this thread to decide democratically what to call these things. The name that holds the most swing will be the name to use. You don't HAVE to call it what this thread decides, but I think it would be best for the community to have a standard.

There is one rule: the name cannot be taken. So you can't call these things Perks, because they aren't perks. You can't call these things Power-Ups, because they aren't Power-Ups. They are their own thing. No using already-taken names.

We are currently VOTING

I. This Persistent Upgrade makes all zombies you kill have their heads explode upon death.

A. Head Popper

B. Head-Aid - 1

C. Multi-Head - 2

D. Headshot Perk - 2

E. Deadshot - 3

II. This Persistent Upgrade lets you revive your teammates faster.

A. Fast Revive - 1

B. Instant Revive - 3

C. Revive-Aid

D. Quicky - 4

E. Quicker Revive - 1

III. This Persistent Upgrade allows you to rebuild barricades with steel boards.

A. Barric-Aid

B. Steel Boards

C. Mega-Bars - 4

D. Metal Barriers - 3

IV. This Persistent Upgrade allows you to survive four consecutive hits from a zombie.

A. Armour - 4

B. Newb-Plate - 2

C. Jugganoob - 2

D. Juggernog Pro

E. Jug-Aid

F. Nog-Aid - 1

G. Jugger Plus - 1

H. Super Juggernog - 1

I. Invulnerability - 1

V. This Persistent Upgrade is an add-on to Insta-Kill that lets you kill zombies by contact.

A. Insta-Kill Pro

B. Ebolakill - 2

C. Insta-Kill Explode - 3

D. Red Insta-Kill

E. Super Insta-Kill - 1

F. Red-a-Kill

Please post now guys. I can't do this without you!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1: B, because I believe that is what they were called in patch notes a while back.

2: I say Head Popper, because it pops heads on body shots after earned. Simple and sweet.

3: Fast Revive? Bit too close to QR, but it's all I've got.

4: I can't remember who, but someone named it "Barric-Aid." This is what I've been calling it, so I'll go with it.

5: I'll go with "Armour." I really hope someone has something better.

6: I don't really have anything for this, just "Insta-Kill Pro."

Great idea by the way, MMX.

Thank you Delta. But we are just nominating for now, not voting. I can't let people vote before nomination closes. It skews the voting. Thank you for your input. I hope more follow suit. Let me know if you come up with anything else. Please come back again when voting takes place. And feel free to post in the meantime as well. :)

Hello there. With all these things you can get in TranZit and whatnot, no one has any kind of naming convention for them. They are unnamed and mysterious. People call them different things. In fact, it can be quite confusing sometimes. So I have made this thread to decide democratically what to call these things. The name that holds the most swing will be the name to use. You don't HAVE to call it what this thread decides, but I think it would be best for the community to have a standard.

There is one rule: the name cannot be taken. So you can't call these things Perks, because they aren't perks. You can't call these things Power-Ups, because they aren't Power-Ups. They are their own thing. No using already-taken names.

We are currently in the nominating stage.

What this means is that I would like as many people as possible to post giving optional names they would like to nominate for the various... things. I will start with some names for them. Any more to be added are welcome.

I. This thing can be earned in TranZit by doing something.

A. Earnable

B. Persistant Upgrade

C. Green Flash

D. Abilities

E.

II. This thing makes all zombies you kill have their heads explode upon death.

A. Head Popper

B.

III. This thing lets you revive your teammates faster.

A. Fast Revive

B.

IV. This thing allows you to rebuild barricades with steel boards.

A. Barric-Aid

B.

V. This thing allows you to survive four consecutive hits from a zombie.

A. Armour

B.

VI. This thing is an add-on to Insta-Kill that lets you kill zombies by contact.

A. Insta-Kill Pro

B.

Please post now guys. I can't do this without you!

This thing can be earned in TranZit by doing something ... :lol:

1. ?

2. (A)

3. Instant Revive

4. (A)

5. Newb-plate

6. sounds kinda like a dumb thing, what is it? ... Ebolakill

I know this is nominating, but mine are pretty much the same. Sorry for the double-up.

1. Earnable Abilities

2. Head Popper

3. Fast Revive

4. Barric-Aid (the best name you'll find)

5. Insta-Kill Explode

6. JuggaNOOB (gives players that go down frequently a 'Second Chance'

I haven't played a game in which I've earnt # 5 & 6 yet so I'm unsure of a better name/s

Thanks MMX

Overall Title - 2 words

They are Earnable abilities.

Though 'Persistant Upgrades' as Delta said "that's what the patch file name is called" might be best as they are exactly that - Persistant. They come & go. You have to maintain them.

I also changed my Jugg title to 'Jugganoob" :lol:

• Administrators

I. This thing can be earned in TranZit by doing something.

I. Perka-Skill

II. This thing makes all zombies you kill have their heads explode upon death.

C. Multi-Head

III. This thing lets you revive your teammates faster.

D. Quicky

IV. This thing allows you to rebuild barricades with steel boards.

C. Mega-Bars

V. This thing allows you to survive four consecutive hits from a zombie.

G. Jugger Plus

VI. This thing is an add-on to Insta-Kill that lets you kill zombies by contact.

F. Red-a-Kill

Well, at least this is what I could put in.

UPDATE: While playing a game of Tranzit, a teammate tossed an EMP at a horde I had on me and received a green burst. None of us had killed any of the zombies. The burst occurred right as the zombies were hit by the EMP. The teammate tried to accomplish it again, but nothing happened. We didn't notice anything different with our characters or zombies afterwards. PINNAZ can vouch for me on this one.

Thanks guys.

Now Delta brought something to my attention. So I looked at the patch notes he had shown me, and sure enough he was right. Treyarch literally says what these things are called. They are called Persistent Upgrades. Since Treyarch has told us what it is called, I'm sorry but I must remove it from the list. The names of the specific Persistent Upgrades will still remain.

Huh. Okay then. I hope you don't mind if I take out the hyphen. It's just unnecessary.

Also, I want to add Super Juggernog to the list.

I'm closing nominations tomorrow. So get them in now. Tomorrow, we'll begin elimination. The reason for this is because of the 20-item poll limit. So we will whittle the choices down. I'll let you know how it'll work when the time comes.

Thank you. They've been added. Nominating is now closed.

We are now on the elimination stage. What this means is that I would like as many people as possible to post 9 choices below, any 9 choices, that they DO NOT want to be used. The 9 that end up with the highest number of votes will be eliminated from the selection.

I'll start. Explanations are not necessary, but I encourage them.

Headshot Perk - It's not really a Perk

Deadshot - Too similar to Deadshot Daiquiri

Instant Revive - It's not instant

Metal Barriers - Just sounds lame

Armour - English/British spelling differences

Newb-Plate - Don't like to include slang

Jugganoob - Don't like to include slang

Ebolakill - Don't even know what this is

Insta-Kill Explode - Explosions are irrelevant

Now your turn. :)

Multi-Head - Multi isn't really related to it, only getting it.

Headshot Perk - It's not a perk.

Deadshot - It's not Deadshot.

Instant Revive - Not Instant.

Quicky - Reminds me of the sexual term lol.

Mega-Bars - Sounds like something you'd eat.

Armour - Just seems weird thing for Zombies.

Newb-Plate - Newb shouldn't be in the name.

Jugganoob - Noob shouldn't be in the name.

eliminating

I. This Persistent Upgrade makes all zombies you kill have their heads explode upon death.

C. Multi-Head

II. This Persistent Upgrade lets you revive your teammates faster.

B. Instant Revive - 1

D. Quicky

III. This Persistent Upgrade allows you to rebuild barricades with steel boards.

C. Mega-Bars

IV. This Persistent Upgrade allows you to survive four consecutive hits from a zombie.

F. Nog-Aid

G. Jugger Plus

H. Super Juggernog

V. This Persistent Upgrade is an add-on to Insta-Kill that lets you kill zombies by contact.

C. Insta-Kill Explode - 1

E. Super Insta-Kill

I lol'd so much at invulnerability and newb-plate :D

1: Instant Revive - as said before, not instant.

2: Armour: Spelling differences, and the fact that it isn't really armor.

3: Quicky - See Rissole's reason.

4: Deadshot - Too close to the perk.

5: Metal Barriers - Just… a bit lame.

6: Insta-Kill Explode - No explosions, except from flaming zombies.

7: Invulnerability - Not really invulnerable to death.

8: Multi-Head - Doesn't really require you to get multiple Multi-headshots.

9: Mega-Bars - Sounds like an energy bar.

• Administrators

1. Head-Aid, makes it sound too much like a headshot upgrade when based on your description, it has nothing to do with actually hitting the head.

2. Fast Revive and Quicker Revive is just... Nah, I don't like it. Too bland it seems like. Instant because its not instant, Quicky because that's a sexual term.

3. Metal Barriers sounds a bit bland, not a fan. Mega-Bars sounds like a food.

4. Armour is bland.

5. Ebolakill since I doubt it actually has anything to do with Ebola.