[Q] Obtaining, Keeping and Losing Persistent Upgrades

Tom852

Hi

I'm currently investigating the persistent upgrades a little bit. It's of course nice to know how to get them, but as important to know is how to keep them active. It would be also cool, if we could figure out some more precise instructions than "repair approximately 100-300 barriers". I just write down what I know so far and what I wonder/think, and if you know something else, you could share it ;)

Barriers

[*:11q75n0k]Obtained at 74 barriers repaired.
    [*:11q75n0k]The 74 counter is not reset if you don't repair barriers for a while.
    [*:11q75n0k]In the first rounds (ca. Q: How exactly is the system working in the first rounds? Limit per round? Limit per window and round?
    [*:11q75n0k]I assume, it has nothing to do with points, since I earned the perk already multiple times while I got on more points for barriers.
    [*:11q75n0k]Carpenters have no influence, carpenter barriers do not count as repaired.
    [*:11q75n0k]Q: Are barriers repaired in a previous games taken over to the next game?
    [*:11q75n0k]Lost if no barrier repaired for one full round.
    [*:11q75n0k]If earned in round x, lost in x+1, you can already regain it in x+2.

Headshot

[*:11q75n0k]Q: Is my assumption correct, that HS damage is doubled? Tripled? 1.5?
    [*:11q75n0k]Earned if 2 zombies are headshotted with one bullet.
    [*:11q75n0k]Can be earned with headless zombies made, I think I've seen that once happening to me.
    [*:11q75n0k]Can be earned while insta kill is on.
    [*:11q75n0k]Q: Why is that not working in round 1?
    [*:11q75n0k]If earned and lost in Round x, can't be earned in x again. Not sure about x+1, definitely earnable again in x+2.
    [*:11q75n0k]Lost if 24 zombies are killed without headshots.
    [*:11q75n0k]The 24 counter is reset if some Q: How many? zombies are killed by headshots again.

Revive

Played only solo recently, so no clue.

I mixed facts and assumptions up there, so some stuff can be wrong. I'm pretty sure about the 74 barriers though. Once I started a game having the perk, lost it in 1, repaired nothing until about 18, then it was exactly 74 again. First I thought, the first earn of the perk needs more, but it is obviously something that not all barriers count in earlier rounds - however I can still be wrong. So, what do you know?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Quick Revive happened at 12 (though the screenshot isn't clear & may look like 17, it was definetly 12)

I think I had possibly 4 or 5 revives already, then this player kept going down, so I asked if I could try to get the quick revive. So around 8 revives on the one player & it 'popped' (does it make a difference if it's on the same player?)

(sorry about the rubbish quality)

This shows 13 Revives. I revived once more to make sure it was faster. (note - no one else's scores have changed)

Things to note when it 'popped' in my game -

- I've only had it once & have since lost it

- I had around 4 revives prior to reviving the same person

- It was about 2 weeks after release (unsure if an update may have changed this?)

I've heard others say either 16 or 17, so I was suprised that it 'popped' at 12.

Also the revive upgrade is "more" persistent then the other upgrades, like head popper, and barriers.

I got the revive upgrade shortly after the game came out and didn't lose it even once until the other night. Even though I had 30 revives at the moment I lost it.

The loss trigger appears to be letting a certain number of teammates die. In my case we were all at town on round 22, and everyone kept going down and I kept running wildly around reviving them. Things got too chaotic and one guy died. I had just picked someone else up (revive active) and was picking him up again when I noticed revive was not active anymore.

I am unsure if it is effected if you are in a completely different area than the downed teammate (making reviving impossible). I had many games where I ran the tunnel and let randoms do their own thing and many many times they would die. Revive was never effected.

So either the trigger has a very high threshold, where a large number of teammates need to die. Or it is a smaller threshold where it only counts if you are in "range" to make the revive. I would prefer the latter.

And I may as well point out that I obtained my revive at 17, and they all have to be on the same teammate.

Steel Barriers - You must build at least 1 board EVERY round, or you lose it.

Xtra Headshot Damage - You must get at least 1 headshot EVERY round or you lose it.

Quick Revive - If you attempt to pick someone up but fail, you lose it. That includes you going down while attempting to. If you think you can't get them, don't attempt it.

Those are all facts.

Xtra Headshot Damage - You must get at least 1 headshot EVERY round or you lose it.

Quick Revive - If you attempt to pick someone up but fail, you lose it. That includes you going down while attempting to. If you think you can't get them, don't attempt it.

Those are all facts.

Source!?!

Gameplay. Try it yourself.

Have quick revive. Attempt to pick someone up, but stop and let them die. Next attempt, it's gone.

Get the steel barriers.. Go a whole round without boarding a window.. Listen for the sound, cause it'll play at the end of the round, you lost them.

Same with the head shot damage perk. You'll hear the sound at the end of the round if none are made. I noticed this one by using only galvaknuckles many times on the lower rounds.

Those are all facts.

Quick revive is not quite true, my experience of losing it was getting downed to many time in a game. The most obvious way to try it is, downing your self to give someone else QR perma perk.

Although it COULD be lost some other way, the way I listed IS a fact.

Seriously?

How is it fact if it is indeed lost in some other way? I'll give you this, I do believe I partially revived the guy who I lost it on. But this is far from confirmed or fact as you put it.

I have had it for so long that I could of partially revived numerous people before losing it. It could still be a low threshold in revive distance which I outlined above, or something completely different.

Although it COULD be lost some other way, the way I listed IS a fact.

Seriously?

How is it fact if it is indeed lost in some other way? I'll give you this, I do believe I partially revived the guy who I lost it on. But this is far from confirmed or fact as you put it.

I have had it for so long that I could of partially revived numerous people before losing it. It could still be a low threshold in revive distance which I outlined above, or something completely different.

ABSOLUTELY good sir,

Who is ANYONE that isn't a Treyarch Developer to say ANYTHING regarded to EE, whether it be Perma-Perks, Maxis/Richtofen ToB, NDU's true purpose, the Nav card reader, the Church, etc etc, is a FACT?

Ooh ooh, pick me, I know the answer! No one. NO ONE is an authority on these matters other than Devs.

I've personally lost the Quick Revive in the middle of a round, without any players going down, or dying, or failing to revive. I revived someone the previous round, without failing, then two rounds later, it was gone, without ANY of the above claimed "facts."

A fact is something which is indisputable due to having been proven.

Proof was developed by Ancient Greeks to ensure than any mathematical theory they thought to be true, could never be disputed. Hence, proven theorum.

You have not offered enough evidence for your claims to be facts.

I really dislike 'facts' being banded about when they aren't actually facts, especially in the somewhat condescending way you are doing it.

I am not disputing that what you are saying is true or false.

Unless you have looked at the coding or performed multiple tests you can't claim it.

Try it out.. You can see for yourselves. How much more of a fact do you want? There may be other ways to lose it, but if you attempt to revive and fail, you lose it. Try it. You don't need to dictate to me your 'greek' philosophy on what a fact is. I have a science degree, I'm quite aware of what a 'fact' is. Jerk. (that's a fact too) :)

Anyways,

Who says we cant have more then one condition for a persistent perk to be lost? Over and over I see posts saying 17 revives for quick revive, I myself have never gotten it before or after 17.

If anyone has a screen shot of something over then 17 revives for the green puff please post it.

I am willing to down myself for both persistent perks and testing out the death theory in multiple games and multiple situations. After this easier scenario has been tested and retested with proven gameplays and screen shots we will move onto the more difficult ones (i.e. not reviving in proximity and long time span testing.

Xbox gt: KeredNomrah69

I recorded the game on my cap card where it took 12 revives, so I'll take another screenshot with higher resolution & reupload that.

Things to note when it 'popped' in my game -

- it was about 2 weeks after release (unsure if an update may have changed this?)

- I've only had it once & have since lost it

- I had around 4 revives prior to reviving the same person

I've only heard people say they got it after 16 or 17 revives (mainly boosting it on 1 player though)

I'm unsure about how you loose it?

• Administrators

You lose the quick revive skill when you fail to revive teammate who goes down several times while you're in the same vicinity as them. I remember losing mine at the Diner, where the random went down about 13 times and I couldn't revive them because I was running trains with a PaP'ed DSR and there were two others running around as well. Actually, I revived the guy about 6 times prior to the 13 streak, and once it hit approximately 22 downs for him, I lost my skill (I realized it when I went to revive him and it went back to normal reviving speed).

Basically, you have to be a team player or else you are punished by losing your skill.

Great Input Infest!

On consoles, you can make dummy accounts, is that correct? If someone wants to test the stuff a bit, that would be cool.

First, I think its nice if all know the sound and stuff of gaining/losing:

Gain

Green Orb.

A short background sound is played.

Character Quote:

Misty: Hmm, now that sounds like it might be important!

Marlton: Odd... I never heard that before!

Samuel: I knew that was there all along!

Russman: Well, would you listen to that!

Loss

Negatively pitched sound is played.

So what I would be interested in, is:

- Same vicinity, is that true? - How to test: Get perk, go away from your dummy by teleporting and see if you loose it. Do that 10 times in a row, never revive him, always be far away.

- If another teammate is already reviving, does that still count as 'you failed to revive' and lead to a upgrade loss? How to test: Let your dummy account die over and over, while your friend revives and revives again, while you have the perk. See if ya loose the upgrade. Best in round 1 or so.

- How many failed revives are necessary? 3? Is that counter reset if you succeed reviving a few times? - How to test, fail to revive and count. Obtain perk again, fail to revive again but when you would loose the perk, you revive successfully once, twice, three times and see if the following fail revive is taking the perk away.

the boards i have never had carry over from one game to the next, exscept during thefirst 2 weeks.

i also got my persistent revive, the fiorst time after 8 revives of the same character. i also got it after 12, 14, and 17.

i lost it everytime i failed to revive a teamamte, and also in a gme where 2 epople bled out 3 and 5 times. because of proximity.

i currently do not have it.

the headshot is interesting, it is the only one that has carried over, in that i start a beginning round with it. i knife and headshiots, i shoot their knee and kill them, their head pops off.

with each gun i use, i notice at least 4 green poofs. and then the power of the gun damage is increased. my current heaqdshot average per game is well over 3/4 headshots to kills.