TranZit: Your first impressions & experience

bbobs2

You've put the game into the player... you've downloaded the update & put in your preferences, now you press the zombie button, local, I load TranZit. I put things on a table, open the door, hop on the bus. Game on, I shoot zombies attacking the bus, a nuke drops, I open up the bus doors and jump out, I run towards the nuke. The explosion happens, I then hear screeching... the person says something, I ignore and run towards the lava light, I by a colt M three round burst (something like that :D). I've now lost the bus... I hear beeping but can't see anything, I run towards the sound of the bus, screeching returns, something flies towards the screen, a prompt says press R3... this must have been one of the most scariest experiences I've ever had... dang it made me jump...probably those blasted denizens (or something else that I now hate :evil: )... I've turned it off & put my first experience of TranZit on here, I quit at round 5 but I will get further. I've now learned NEVER LEAVE THE BUS! 'course not but until I get it all sussed I think I'll stay. I'll be going on for some more when I have time.

So what is your first experience of TranZit, I'm yet to play anything else but I'm really excited :D

PS what is that writing on the coins? I've put the code on the back of the manual in but the coins code is 13 characters long... any idea what this does?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

INSANE, reminds me so much of the walking dead. Me and my bro got stuck cuz someone took the bus, so we ventured through the fog and its intense and crazy, so much craze! Also on the bus, this electric guy lept on the bus and we had no idea what to do so we just lit up the guy and the driver, we died haha.

So I really wanted the WW to be in the box, though buildables add something new.

The map: like Moon easier with teamwork. Feels tough again, full of secrets. Bowie knife rules. Round 14 or so was my highest, stiff learning curve but once you start moving around and learn to ditch the bus and use lateral movement it's yours for the taking.

I've only played it twice. First time around we built the turbine in the beginning room and it kicked two of us out for no reason at all. The other two were just fine but two of us got kicked out with no error message and unable to rejoin.

The 2nd time I played it we got a bit further to the stop immediately after the first area.

All in all its good but eh, I'll wait for final judgement once I see the whole map.

Well lets just say walking in the fog and missing the bus was not such a good idea. Those things pretty much overwhelmed me as i didnt know how to get them off but now i know. Plus getting to the power is really challenging. Overall I love it, it's eerie, creepy and filled with suspense. I'm not complaining about the survival maps, although people saying their small, dull, and same I don't agree with that view, sorry. I think the fog also makes it more scary than maps in black ops 1, you can barely see where your going. The whole atmosphere is good. So thank you Treyarch. Well done.

New people to zombies are not going to stand a chance. They need the training of World at War and Black Ops to prepare for this, and even than it's just hard.

Do you realize how hard it is to turn the power on, than reach Jug? You literally can't do anything unless you can do that, and even than it's hard, even harder with more people who don't know what they're doing.

However, I do love how confusing and new it is. It's exciting, but it's way to foggy.

I didn't know what to expect with the denzien, but the moment I stepped into the fog I heard it laugh and was like "screw that" so I just turned right around. Later when I actually braved the fog I nearly crapped my pants.

I keep running trains by the diner until the Mid teen rounds, but then i keep getting downed in the power room due to an unfortunate combination of circumstances (no ammo no points etc.) even so, I like the map and plan to conquer it soon.

Also, when critiquing a new map or game I notice people have the wrong mindset. Sure, "the idea" of that being in the game sounds bad, but actually it makes the game more fun. "the idea" of a perk that lets you keep all of your list works sounds OP, but you use it and like it very much because of its usefulness. You may not like "the idea" of a monster that latches onto you getting you thoroughly effed up, but it's existence leads to endless kicks and giggles.

Anyway, my point is that you shouldn't play the game from the perspective of a critic. Whether it not a game is good is based on the experiences you have playing it, NOT what aspects "don't seem like a good idea." I mean, there might actually be legitimately bad aspects of the map that the community unanimously dislikes, but all of the issues that have been brought up have been two-sided, so for now I think the map is great, and I doubt anyone will change my mind.

Btw I'm not blaming anyone of this at all, but I do seem to notice it outside of CoDz a lot, and it is relevant to my point.

It's hard for the wrong reasons. not at all novice friendly and takes too long to do anything.

Tranzit fucking sucks, and that comes from someone who has been to 50 solo and 40 coop on it.

And that makes it automatically true for everyone?

It's just your opinion, plus, not everything's been found out yet about the map.

I'm pretty sure there's something big hidden somewhere.(:

And that makes it automatically true for everyone?

It's just your opinion, plus, not everything's been found out yet about the map.

I'm pretty sure there's something big hidden somewhere.(:

Forgive me, I thought this thread was for people to give their opinions on Tranzit.

Those are my opinions. The whole game is messed up, leaderboards aren't saving correctly.

I got to 40 coop earlier on bus depot survival. We suicide and the boards didn't update. The game is avaiable in it's entirety on theater mode, which sucks. People can just take my strategies and use them, before I release them.

A friend got to 58 town survival. Most people who know me will know who this is, and his score didn't save.

All sucks.

My impression of Tranzit; it seems like the team working on it had this great concept and really ambitious ideas... but either ran out of time to really get it right or just plain failed.

What I like;

The size of the map.

The fact that the EE saves progress.

Having a vehicle to get you around the map.

The buildables (in concept).

Tombstone (almost... not quite. More on that later.)

Being able to store guns and points for later games (if it actually works that way... it didn't work for me).

What I hate;

The fog. God, the fog is horrid.

The fact that most buildables are useless (especially in solo, as you need to use them in pairs often).

The absolutely useless "Wonder" weapon (go through a bunch of crap running all over the entire map to get it, use it a few seconds, it breaks... what?!?! Who the F*** thought of this?!).

The fact that all these great new perks were introduced in the Black Ops map packs... and were totally abandoned. Mule Kick is even in Nacht, for crying out loud! Where's my Flopper?!

The fact that the Easter Eggs are AGAIN 4 player only after much of the community PLEADED with them to stop doing that.

The absolutely godawful secret song. Where's Elena?! Who is this emo guy?!

The fact that Tombstone only works; 1. If you die (so now I'm better off dying than getting revived? Now I have to rage at my teammates for picking me up? Yeah... brilliant) and 2. Is multiplayer only. So we get a whole one new perk to replace the many we lost... and I can't use it when my friends aren't online. Again... brilliant.

That if you miss the bus or decide you want to hang out in an area and farm points early in the game, you end up standing around forever with a runner waiting for that stupid bus to come back. I don't want to play a "waiting for a bus" simulator.

I need a Raygun before I can Pack a Punch? What??

The map is huge, but most of it empty and covered in that horrible fog. So you really end up with just a few crappy little maps. And don't even get me started on the "Survival" versions of those maps.... they come off as a complete afterthought and are an absolute bore to play in that mode. All of them.

And finally... one more thing I'm really annoyed by that isn't directly related to Tranzit;

The fact that I preordered the "Hardened" edition 6 months before the game came out and paid $80 for it ONLY for the "exclusive" Zombies map.... just to find out the day after release that it's going out to everyone next month?! WTF?? Sure, the WaW maps in BO were made available eventually, but it was after nearly a year had gone by and those that got the special edition of BO got an entire map pack for free. What do I get? Shafted.

So yeah... I want to like this game, I really do. And I have found myself often having fun with the game despite my grievances... but I highly doubt I'll be buying any of the overpriced map packs or any Call of Duty games in the future. They've just disappointed me too many times and shown they are either unable or unwilling to listen to the people that pay their salaries.... us.