Midnight Release....

So we have three weeks left, it's getting oh so close and I'm as giddy as a school girl. So my question is, how many here are getting their copy at midnight and playing Zombies as soon as they get home? I know I will. I just don't know if I'm going to play Nuketown Zombies, TraZit, or one of the other game modes first. Urg, so many choices! Let me know what you guys and gals are looking forward to playing first and maybe it'll help make up my mind.

Thanks

-Scotty-

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will get the game at midnight to. I think the first thing I'm going to play is Tranzit, just to feel the new gamemode. I really don't feel to excited about it. After a few minutes (Or hours xD) playing, I'll change to Nuketown. Mainly because I think it's a survival map. Then play survival in each Tranzit section :D

Just 22 days left guys. Keep it up! :lol:

How does one get it at midnight? I just don't understand. GameStop only opens up at 10 AM most days.

Usually Gamestop or other major stores will open temporarily at 11 PM Monday or so for a midnight release for games that have a lot of preorders. Call of Duty has always gotten midnight releases where I am.

And me? I'm gonna get it at midnight, but I'm gonna do campaign first. It's my tradition. ;)

Unfortunately enough, I will be standing in line before midnight for the release :lol:

I generally wouldn't do so, but I have a hefty amount of PTO hours to blow off before the New Years, so I took a couple days off for it.

And if any of you guys do decide to stand in line for the release at a Gamestop, I'd recommend you get there at least before 11pm or even right when they reopen for release. The Gamestop by my house opens at 10pm for releases, and I try to get there right around 10 or 10:15 if I can. You can usually hang out inside til like 11pm too, and then you'll only be standing in line outside for like an hour, and once midnight hits, you're in and out. If you wait til 11:30 to leave, you're gauranteed to stand in line til at least 12:45 if not later. The night are getting colder and colder near Chicago, gotta play it smart. ;)

And as for what I'll be playing, I'm diving head first into the storyline of TranZit.

Unfortunately enough, I will be standing in line before midnight for the release :lol:

I generally wouldn't do so, but I have a hefty amount of PTO hours to blow off before the New Years, so I took a couple days off for it.

And if any of you guys do decide to stand in line for the release at a Gamestop, I'd recommend you get there at least before 11pm or even right when they reopen for release. The Gamestop by my house opens at 10pm for releases, and I try to get there right around 10 or 10:15 if I can. You can usually hang out inside til like 11pm too, and then you'll only be standing in line outside for like an hour, and once midnight hits, you're in and out. If you wait til 11:30 to leave, you're gauranteed to stand in line til at least 12:45 if not later. The night are getting colder and colder near Chicago, gotta play it smart. ;)

And as for what I'll be playing, I'm diving head first into the storyline of TranZit.

same situation for me, im off the whole week, cuz, well i have to take my vacay days sometime before 2013 or i lose them so i figure what the hell lol. now do most gamestops have multiple lines, one for preorders and one for non-preorders? because mine is preordered and already paid-in-full so i literally just have to haev them scan my receipt and im out. ill prob take a short nap then go up to gamestop whenever it opens. its a small store kinda on the edge of town so i seriously doubt there will be a really huge crowd there, but i also dont want to risk having to stand in line for a long time.

anywaay once i do pop that case open and fire up the xbox, ill prob play some combat training first, and familiarize myself with the MP maps. then hit up zombies once my regular crew is available to play as well

I don't get the people that say "YEAH MAN AS SOON AS I GET THE GAME I'M GONNA PLAY ZOMBIES AND ONLY ZOMBIES FOR A WHOLE TWO YEARS UNTIL THE NEXT TREYARCH GAME COMES OUT"

Ok, that's an exaggeration, but still, lol. When I get the game I'm gonna play some campaign on recruit for the first few missions, get a feel for the story.. Then switch over to multiplayer, do some combat training, a few multiplayer matches. Get a feel for the new style of gameplay.

Then, I'll probably do some zombies on TranZit. Once I'm done, I'll try out the survival maps, then maybe I'll do a little grief, and blah blah blah you get the idea.

I'm gonna play through every part of the game, rather than focus mainly on one thing. I don't get the people who do that. If zombies is pretty much the only reason why you're buying Black Ops II, then why buy it at all? 60 bucks is a lot to spend on what's essentially gonna be just one big map that's cut into pieces for survival and maybe an extra survival map (green run)

You're making some pretty bold assumptions and wild overexaggerations about people whom you do not know based on a single sentence they've said. I'm sure we'll all be playing campaign and MP as well (btw I run a solid 2.30 ratio in TDM if it was me you we're referring to), but Zombies is kinda of prioity for the members here. Remember where you are my friend. ;)

same situation for me, im off the whole week, cuz, well i have to take my vacay days sometime before 2013 or i lose them so i figure what the hell lol. now do most gamestops have multiple lines, one for preorders and one for non-preorders? because mine is preordered and already paid-in-full so i literally just have to haev them scan my receipt and im out. ill prob take a short nap then go up to gamestop whenever it opens. its a small store kinda on the edge of town so i seriously doubt there will be a really huge crowd there, but i also dont want to risk having to stand in line for a long time.

anywaay once i do pop that case open and fire up the xbox, ill prob play some combat training first, and familiarize myself with the MP maps. then hit up zombies once my regular crew is available to play as well

I don't recall there being a seperate line for those that paid in full for MW3. I always pay in full in advance, so I know what you're talking about. But I don't beleive there is one unfortunately.

But yeah man, I'm on that same thing. Gotta use up them days before they go to waste. BO2 seemed like a good enough reason! :)

I'll try to, but I'm not even sure if EB Games does midnight releases (We don't have Gamestops over here, but EB Games is our main game store in Australia, plus they're apart of Gamestop I believe. So essentially they are Gamestop under a different name).

I pre-ordered at an EB Games inside a shopping mall though, so I'm not sure if they'd open it up just so the game store can do a midnight release.

If not, I'll just get it the next morning round 9-10am. :)

Do people do that midnight release so they can be ranked 1st er so they can play it b4 thier friends idk I think it's dumb but hey Wat do I know I like to pretend I'm a potato

Well I might do it, because with my schedule, I am usually up until 12-2 AM anyway. So I might as well go ahead and get the game. I'm not going to show up early and wait in line to get it "first" though.

Do people do that midnight release so they can be ranked 1st er so they can play it b4 thier friends idk I think it's dumb but hey Wat do I know I like to pretend I'm a potato

I personally want to because I wouldn't be able to sleep that night anyway! So excited for the game, and I want to experience as soon as possible. I don't really care for leaderboards.

No, people do the midnight release because they've waited all year to play the freakin game. It's that simple. And for some they'll stay up all night playing the game they've waited patiently over the last year for. It's the whole reason retail shops do midnight releases to begin with, to get the game as soon possible. Personally, if you've got school or work the next day, it's completely pointless has you don't really get time to play it when you get home. But if your schedule's open, why not? I'd be up til 1 or 2 anyways if I don't have to work, do mine as well get some playing time in.

Oh and LOL at people getting all butt hurt over how others spend their time. I hate American Idol, but I'm not gonna go around criticizing anyone that enjoys the show. Get my drift?

No, people do the midnight release because they've waited all year to play the freakin game. It's that simple. And for some they'll stay up all night playing the game they've waited patiently over the last year for. It's the whole reason retail shops do midnight releases to begin with, to get the game as soon possible. Personally, if you've got school or work the next day, it's completely pointless has you don't really get time to play it when you get home. But if your schedule's open, why not? I'd be up til 1 or 2 anyways if I don't have to work, do mine as well get some playing time in.

Oh and LOL at people getting all butt hurt over how others spend their time. I hate American Idol, but I'm not gonna go around criticizing anyone that enjoys the show. Get my drift?

On that note, do you think that codz will have a brief decline on the release of BOII? When the game is initially released, I'd imagine this forum would be deserted as people played and played and played, and then only when the initial surge of adrenaline began to die down would they flock back here.

• Moderators

On that note, do you think that codz will have a brief decline on the release of BOII? When the game is initially released, I'd imagine this forum would be deserted as people played and played and played, and then only when the initial surge of adrenaline began to die down would they flock back here.

If you care about my thought on that:

I don't think so. Since not everybody will get the game at the same time.

So I think that some will still be online before everybody comes online to talk about the game.

Hopefully I will get it on release. :? ^^

God...I haven't been this excited for a game since GTA4. :lol:

Dude, you literally took the thought right out of my head! I pondered the same exact thing, even contemplating my own presense here right after release. Do I make threads as I discover new things, or do I wait until I have all the possible pieces and then try to put the puzzle together. I'm already stretched for time right now as is, so it's hard to imagine the amount of CoDz time BO2 will take up.

There's soooo much to cover this Zombie Season, and not enough hours in the day to cover it all.

Dude, you literally took the thought right out of my head! I pondered the same exact thing, even contemplating my own presense here right after release. Do I make threads as I discover new things, or do I wait until I have all the possible pieces and then try to put the puzzle together. I'm already stretched for time right now as is, so it's hard to imagine the amount of CoDz time BO2 will take up.

There's soooo much to cover this Zombie Season, and not enough hours in the day to cover it all.

I'm with you 100% on that one.