Few last minute suggestions for 3arc

Alright Jim, I am bit late to post this. I would like to make few suggestion.

Round caps on leaderboards: Could you please lower the co-op high rounds cap to 50 in BO2 or add a pause function. Majority of us likes high rounds but a normal person in his real ***** mind would never want to to get to 99 with no breaks.

Solo Leaderboards: We need solo leaderboards. Add theater mode to both solo and co-op with a switch to turn on and off the recording for every game played.

Bonus points* : You get bonus points for doing things like double or triple revive, clutching the round. These will automatically give you things like extra perk, extra ammo or a random drop.

Report function: Anyone that's been reported needs to be investigated and Banned from playing Zombies if found guilty on that account.

Quick play: When I start my game, I don't like to go through multiplayer or campaign mode. A quick zombies only mode would be nice, so it can skip straight to zombies next time I start the game :)

New Game Modes:

Theater Mode: Should be an option to record game based on each round, each game, time based, event based, random 1 minute every round.

Wager Mode / Battle Mode: You can gamble your points for your chance to unlock more items from mystery box. 1v1, 2v2, 4v4 against zombies with an option to remove perks/weapons from the list. These battles can also be modified based on most kills, most headshots or such. There should be an option for friendly battle so the points are not involved..

Survival Mode: Survive one zombie train from any round randomly and be awarded points.

Challenge Mode: Do a specific solo or co-op challenge and be rewarded points.

Eg: All perked up challenge: Get all your perks before end of round10, Get to round 30 without using mystery box, clutch a round when you are down 3 players. Revive all players in the team (>2) in the same room at any round past 30.

Time Attack: Beat your time to get to any round on solo/co-op. A leaderboard is needed for this. I think it would be a fun game mode.

More ideas:

MurderMachineX says: A high Round should count even if you're disconnected. As it stands, you have to finish the game for it to count. But if your console turns off or your connection interrupts, the data should be stored on your hard drive to immediately upload to the leaderboards the minute the power is back on. Or something of that nature.

Also, Please don't change AI on zombies. you can create more phaser zombies instead.

Feel free to discuss/improvise/comment.

Avid zombie player,

way2g00

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by "phaser zombies" do you just mean any zombie other than the normal ones? or do you specifically mean the nova crawlers. because the nova crawler zombies were the worst aspect hands down in black ops zombies. but i agree that the basic gameplay has to remain the same. many great suggestions, i don't agree with 100% of them, but most of them are pretty darn cool

Alright Jim, I am bit late to post this. I would like to make few suggestion.

Round caps on leaderboards: Could you please lower the round cap to 50 in BO2. You know we really need a pause function or a normal person in his real ***** mind would never want to to get to 99 with no breaks.

Also, Please DON't change AI on zombies. you can create more phaser zombies instead.

Feel free to discuss/improvise/comment.

Avid zombie player,

way2g00

Whoa man pretty much everything you said except those two. Lowering the round cap to 50 would be mind numbing and easy. For real dude every zombie killer and his brother would be getting that thing in like 6 hours. Leaderboard would lose it's worth. And I would love to see some more changes to zombie AI, because until they start f*cking up my train on purpose, I'm not gonna be challenged really.

Whoa man pretty much everything you said except those two. Lowering the round cap to 50 would be mind numbing and easy. For real dude every zombie killer and his brother would be getting that thing in like 6 hours. Leaderboard would lose it's worth. And I would love to see some more changes to zombie AI, because until they start f*cking up my train on purpose, I'm not gonna be challenged really.

I understand where you are coming from...

How about a Round 60 cap instead? I mean once you get to that point nothing really changes (not even spawn speeds) except the fact that you will have more and more waves. Unless they have new boss zombies every 10 rounds, that would be sweet.

Birdman, KAZ, by phasers I mean George, Astro and other ones including nova gas.. But since Carbonfibah hates George Romero, I doubt if we will see those in future zombies :)

How about a Round 60 cap instead? I mean once you get to that point nothing really changes (not even spawn speeds) except the fact that you will have more and more waves. Unless they have new boss zombies every 10 rounds, that would be sweet.

Birdman, KAZ, by phasers I mean George, Astro and other ones including nova gas.. But since Carbonfibah hates George Romero, I doubt if we will see those in future zombies :)

@way2goo thats what I thought you meant by that... and @LJ I understand what you meant as far as not being challenged, but that's part of the intrigue of the zombies is that for the most part, they are rather predictable. But the challenge is the execution. how pissed would everyone be if they were training, and all of a sudden the zombies made a plan to cut off your path and box you in and kill you? that doesnt sound like much fun. zombies for great players is always going to be easy to a degree, but it still requires execution of your strategy to succeed. they could perhaps make the strategies a little more complex, such as making it more difficult to obtain perks/wonderweapons/etc.. but changing the zombie AI i dont think is the answer to making zombies more fun AND more challenging

• Administrators

In your suggested report feature, we are assuming that they will be able to go back and view all of our matches via theater mode just like in multiplayer, correct?

And I like the wager matches and challenge ideas. I think that a good one for wager match would be a sharpshooter variant, where every round you are given a random weapon that you must use for the entire round, and you have no power-ups, mystery box, or grenades. That would be epic to me, and I think it's possible since they said they are bringing the wager match nuances into Zombies.

Lots of great ideas in the OP, I especially like the idea of character leveling and gaining xp for things like clutching a round, triple revives, and so on. I think I'm against lowering the level cap on co-op but it wouldn't be that big of an issue for me either way.

I have recently been entertaining an idea in my head on character customization and I'm still unsure if it would be good or bad. Maybe somebody here can help. Now it's hard to believe with zombies popping up everywhere that civilians have not come in contact with these outbreaks throughout the years. What if you could create a brand new zombie character and customize them to your hearts content. It's certainly reasonable that they may have stumbled upon an outbreak.

I'm talking gender/age/race/facial features/clothing/everything. Even allow you to choose the quotes your character will use (from notable voice actors of course). Leveling your character unlocks more variety for your character, or gives you money to buy these unlocks.

Possibly even include a character bio accessible by everyone where you can include a back story and displays your zombie stats such as: Total kills, total games played, kills per game, average round per game, highest round, highest kills, total revives, total downs, even a revive to downs ratio (move over k/d :lol:).

Now this part sounds good and all but what causes some apprehension is that this could kill the story development (although it doesn't have to if done right). Also we would lose our beloved cast. You could have an option to use classic cast possibly?

On top of this we will have to deal with the masses of teenage boys whose characters are girls in skimpy outfits.

Could the released image of the woman holding the zombie head, mean that something like this is already being developed? Probably not but you never know.

Personally my character would be a 3 foot bald man. The zombies would all swing over my head. Although the crawlers would be my worst enemy.

Those are some good ideas Tac. And you are right about Reporting feature's functionality. Although they can take action against someone for rage quitting repeatedly and abusing other players in public lobbies. Not just in game.

Edward Richtofen , that 3 foot bald man character customization would be hilarious but I don't want zombies to end up like other game where it is all about customization of character. On the other hand choosing 1 among 10 characters would be great with few customizations. I'd like to see scarlett Johannsen with a katana instead of Sarah Michelle Gellar. Kate upton is even better. Okay excuse me I have to take a break now :mrgreen: Jay, don't come back here saying you need Lady gaga's character now. She has her own social media website coming up on internet, that's good for her.

I like most of these ideas except the box one. I just would rather have the box screw me over for 20 rounds, and then i get the ppsh/ray gun makes me immediately smile because it gives off a good feeling to finally get good guns that I enjoy (And it gives me a good feeling if I survive the whole time because it tells me that I have adapted in a bad situation). I dont know, thats just my 2 cents. I just reread the thing but I might've read it wrong?

There shouldn't be a level cap on the leaderboards. Treyarch should just remove the cheaters from now on. That's the only way the leaderboards would acually mean something instead of "Look at me I used a lag switch to get out of the map!"

Well of course a cap like that would be fine for a number of us, but what about the hardcore zombie players who love making/breaking world records? As far as that goes round 99 is the highest in multi and people do work their asses off for it. We should know especially, because look at this forum, how many players have earned themselves that level of prestige for things like round 99 co-op, round 100+ solo, over 300 kills NML. Heck they even have their triple crown club and the amount of people in there I can count on one hand. We hold them in that respect because there is no limit and they've worked their asses off to show skill and determination. But anyway, I just personally believe hardcore zombie fans would be disappointed if they suddenly had this new limit on how much they could show off, you see where I'm going?

I think the idea of having unlocks is a bad idea. Everything you unlock should be in-game, not in a menu like in Multiplayer. Zombies is great. If they make it like Multiplayer, it'll turn a lot of people away. The idea is that everyone at the beginning of a game is on equal footing. It's all up to your skill how far you'll survive in the map. But give people special bonuses and advantages for having played a lot? Imagine being a new kid to the game, where no one will play with you because as a new kid you have no friends yet and randoms won't play with you because they don't want to waste their time trying to survive on a map with anyone who isn't at least presitge fifty two.

EDIT: Btw, something you should add. A high Round should count even if you're disconnected. As it stands, you have to finish the game for it to count. But if your console turns off or your connection interrupts, the data should be stored on your hard drive to immediately upload to the leaderboards the minute the power is back on. Or something of that nature.

"The idea is that everyone at the beginning of a game is on equal footing. It's all up to your skill how far you'll survive in the map."

Great point there MMX. Agree with everything you said. Even the unlocks part makes great deal of sense but you need to remember unlocking something is based on completing a challenge or something game related Eg: clutching a high round co-op game or multiple revives. So these unlocks may be too small and does not change the game too much, lets say something like extra ammo or extra perk not guns :) .

Your idea about counting the round at Connection Time outs was great, I completely forgot to add that and that was one of the most important things.

In the past I also requested a check point process where you can save the progress of the game and resume later, however if you die you lose all the check points. But I think it's too much to ask for. But for round caps, how many people think that after round 50 or whatever you name it we need a pause button. I know there are not lots of people here that aim for high rounds but if you would what round would like a pause button or would you like it to be round independent.

Original post updated again, thanks MMX.

I'm not sure about minimal changes persay. But if the bonuses were purely aesthetic, than maybe. Like maybe you could unlock a new characters to play as or get cool camos for your guns or something like that.

I think a pause button should be implemented regardless of Round. What if I'm on Round 13 but we had a super-great, lucky, point-getting start?

And no problem. Glad to help :D

• 1 month later...

I'd like to add the following to original list.

1. Ranking system

After end every game players in public lobby are asked to vote other players on rate of 1-10.

2. Host migration

3. Ability to choose which player wants to be more attracted to zombies once the game starts. i.e choose colors.

4. Anti cheat and reporting system in game.

1. Online Character selection

- I hate to compare zombies to L4D, but I think a lot of people would agree that first come, first serve in the pre-game lobby for zombies for who you get to play as. L4D had this option when playing online campaign or versus. And especially if we are going to have 4v4, and basically, 8 different characters, I wanna be able to choose and experiment instead of being stuck as Tank when I'm the host or something.

2. Unlockable PaP camo (MP)

- Okay, so it's not an original idea, nor is it directly related to zombies, but gold camo is so CoD 4... I want Blops 2 to stand out more and have the "ultimate camo" be the PaP skin for your weapons that you purchase at prestige 13 for 50k. Gives me a hell of a lot more motivation to try and prestige so much. Because I honestly just do it for boredom after about the 5th time or so. XD

3. Build-A-Trap

4.Environmental upgrades

Meh, I believe I commented in that thread, but I don't think they should devote an entire perk just to the knife and have to waste one slot, IMO. Personally, I think they should just increase the knife damage since it's basically useless after like Round 3 anyways and allow for "assassination" type kills where you can plunge it though their backs or rip of their heads with the knifes as a "insta-kill" type thing, however it would take longer to do, so it would be more risky, but still fun, nevertheless.

I want challenges for individual guns, similar to Multiplayer. It would give us zombies players something to work for. Especially if each individual gun had unlocks, some aesthetic (different PaP camos, emblems/clan tags on guns, etc.) and some gameplay related: maybe, you could unlock (after MANY kills with the gun) the ability to Pack-a-Punch the gun twice. Like, after 5000 kills with the MP5k, you can PaP the MP5k twice?

Also, pro perks: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=19423