Reznov IS Frank Woods | Proof From 3ARC!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how many of you are subbed to the FrankWoods Youtube channel, but this will blow your mind. As he says, this changes everything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt5CajmhIrs&feature=g-u-u

Sorry for it only being a URL. The code at the end of this is really hard to put in the Youtube BB Code. Perhaps a mod could change it?

Yeah most people knew (at least here) that Woods was the Reznov picking Mason up.

But I like this new youtube channel! Its awesome that 3arc is doing this stuff, because some people didn't pay attention to the little details in the story.

That more or less confirms Reznov's inclusion in Blops 2, unless mason's head has been sorted out by that stage.

I think in the 80's flashbacks, we'll see Reznov (Woods, lol) riding on the horse next to us. I think that Woods is in Black Ops 2 to explain to us his opinions of Mason acting the way he did towards him.

This is like so much information to take in now. Gotta go back and replay the game now!

I only just noticed this now, but the numbers are playing when Woods and Kravchenko jump out. Perhaps Mason hallucinated that as well? Or it at least didn't go down the way he actually saw it go down.

Oh wow, he is such a badass. If you're reading this man, I would be honored to be gifted with a mullet as glorious, a beard so rugged, and a sense of badassary similar to the one that you and Woods share.

This changes a lot, and I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner. I assumed Woods would think Mason dying and left him. Now I want to play through black ops all over again.

He's not telling us all the information. Obviously that, or somethings not right.

James C. Burns says, and I quote:

"Look at the t-shirt. Look at the sweat stain down the middle. Who had that on just a few moments before? Woods. Yeah. So, you have Reznov's imaginary head on Woods' body. Put 2 and 2 together."

The thing is, ALL of them were prisoners. Mason, Woods, Bowman and even Reznov. Reznov, Bowman, and all of your other allies are wearing the exact same clothes as Woods, down to the same exact sweat stain!

So Reznov is still wearing the same clothes he was wearing before Woods 'died'. So techically, he hasn't change clothes at all. But since James C. Burns confirmed it, we just have to roll with that now, no matter how confusing it is. Hopefully we'll get some explanation. :)

================================

Okay so my next issue is this, James says that from that point on, Mason sees Woods as Reznov. The only time we see Reznov after that is Rebirth.

But the Reznov on Rebirth Island I'm pretty sure is NOT Woods, and was still just a figment of Mason's imagination. Otherwise, Woods killed Steiner, but Hudson and Weaver still only saw Mason. Woods would not have ditched Mason halfway through it either.

Not to mention that you can shoot Reznov like all the times before he has appeared as a figment.

Saying that, I think he is referring to Black Ops 2. The evidence doesn't support Woods being at Rebirth Island. But's it likely now, that if (I should say 'when') Reznov appears in BO2, and we just happen to be playing as Mason, it's probably going to be Woods.

================================

Okay last. This isn't an issue, but more an observation. A strange one I might add.

1Ge4xCEP6Yo

Now, when Kravchenko says "Not this time American", that indicates that he recognises him, and is probably referring to the end of Crash Site, where Mason grabs his pistol to shoot the Soviets carrying Bowman, but it's empty.

Now after he finishes kicking him, he says "You again. I should've killed you in Vorkuta". Now that sounds like he is just recognizing Mason right than and there, as if he didn't recognize him before the kicking.

That is not all. The numbers play seconds before Woods stabs Kravchenko. This to me, along with how wavy the screen is, seems like Mason is hallucinating. Like I said before, it is very possible that the events that happen right after the numbers begin might not have actually happened that way. This could include Kravchenko's 'You again' quote (which would explain it's oddness), Woods stabbing Kravchenko, Kravchenko arming the grenades, and Woods diving out the window with Kravchenko. Not to forget obviously Reznov appearing right after.

Lastly, right before Kravchenko talks again, and before the numbers, you can hear a scream. It's not Mason, clearly not Kravchenko, and it wouldn't be Woods or else Kravchenko would've heard. I'm going to say that is when Mason started hallucinating, because there is no-one else who it could be. But who would Mason be thinking it is?

Great to see some really good thought and investigation gone into this. I agree with us not having all the facts yet. I think it might be a bit too hard to determine what sections of the story are real, and what are Mason's hallucinations. This leads to something that has gone pretty much untouched, what is real, and what is not. For all we know, large chunks of the story could be Mason hallucinating again.

And Rissole, your point about Reznov's appearances after Wood's "death", that Reznov was in fact Mason's hallucinations of himself, and not of Woods, that is something to consider also. Might be another hint to add to the pile, that Reznov will be returning in Black Ops II.

Also, Reznov has interaction in the next couple of missions, which could indicate that Woods was with Mason for the entire rest of the game. Again, it is "Reznov" that kills Steiner, and while looking at Steiner, Steiner says to either Woods, Mason, or Reznov, whichever it may be, "I remember you..." so if he was talking to Woods, could it be that Woods could have been classified as somewhat insane, also could it have been him that killed Steiner? For doing the experiments, if it was him, to him?

I always assumed this was just common CODZ knowledge that Reznov never existed but was actually Woods the entire time.

I even put that exact clip in my Black Ops II trailer to point out that Woods survived and he says "you can't kill me" earlier in the mission as a story foreshadow.

_MTM0a2Ea3c

And that mission ends by revealing that Woods is actually Reznov, but we didn't know that until we thought Woods was dead. It's complicated until you see that it's really simple. I thought most people knew this, but I guess now. I guess now most people will be ready for Black Ops II. I'm kind of interested in seeing how Woods reacts to Mason if he ever tells him that he thought he was Renozov.

God I can't wait until November now. Thanks again Treyarch if any of you are reading this, we would have preferred a nice viral but this is nice too :lol:

-BlackOpsTiger / Jared

I'm curious to know if any of you think we'll see an appearance of the ACTUAL Reznov. Not just another one of Mason's hallucinations but a literal physical Reznov. Since we know from the Maverick code that he is indeed alive, it would make sense that he would be involved in the Black Ops 2 storyline no?

Since the story takes place partially in the 80's maybe Reznov will have some involvement in the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan? Just a thought. I just REFUSE to believe this is the last we will see of the real Viktor Reznov! :evil: