Shangri La Concept Art

Im curious as to what those other artifacts do when fired!

This might have something to do with their purpose...

The Nagas are also divided into a fivefold caste based upon the Hindu caste division or social order. In the east are the white kshatriya or warrior caste, in the south the yellow vaishya or merchant caste, in the west the red Brahmin or priestly caste, in the north the green shudra or laborer caste and at the center the black chandali outcastes or 'untouchables'. This color placement corresponds with the traditional directions of the Five Buddha mandala, with blue-black Akshobya at the center.

Source: http://dharmasculpture.com/naga-kanya-buddhist-goddess-serpent.html

- Mix

The Nagas are also divided into a fivefold caste based upon the Hindu caste division or social order. In the east are the white kshatriya or warrior caste, in the south the yellow vaishya or merchant caste, in the west the red Brahmin or priestly caste, in the north the green shudra or laborer caste and at the center the black chandali outcastes or 'untouchables'. This color placement corresponds with the traditional directions of the Five Buddha mandala, with blue-black Akshobya at the center.

- Mix

Geat stuff Mix! So what do you think? Is the artifact that powers the JGB the combination of all five of these castes or only a specific one (the green shudra or laborer caste)? If it's the latter then it would be quite interesting to see what some of the other castes are capable of.

In the conception, it appears the JGB is only being powered by the green caste.

- Mix

Geat stuff Mix! So what do you think? Is the artifact that powers the JGB the combination of all five of these castes or only a specific one (the green shudra or laborer caste)? If it's the latter then it would be quite interesting to see what some of the other castes are capable of.

Not necessarily. As you can see in the A.1 concept, the JGB appears to be powered by the black artifact.

My guess is that the developers decided against having 4 variations of a "Shrink Ray". Keep it simple

Looking at the evidence that some nazi style holocaust type of stuff went down in the tunnels, I think the green caste for labor might be appropriate.

The Nagas add much historical and cultural value to the map, so picking the naga statue was an easy go-to

Not necessarily. As you can see in the A.1 concept, the JGB appears to be powered by the black artifact.

Looks like the Green artifact to me...

Looking at the evidence that some nazi style holocaust type of stuff went down in the tunnels, I think the green caste for labor might be appropriate.

What evidence is there that the Nazi party was at Shangri La? I know it (and hollow earth) was highly significant to them and that they did search for it, but what shows they actually found it.

I think Shangri-La was more of a testing facility for Richtofen and Group 935. I was always under the impression that the dead bodies in the tunnel were that of the native people there. Hence when all the zombies come back they're all native people. Sorry if I missed something I was gone a few months and I'm still trying to catch up. :|

Anywho, they most likely just choose the green so it looks like a dragon, but after seeing all the various colors and types, it'd be interesting to see what the other castes could do!

• Administrators

What evidence is there that the Nazi party was at Shangri La? I know it (and hollow earth) was highly significant to them and that they did search for it, but what shows they actually found it.

I think Shangri-La was more of a testing facility for Richtofen and Group 935. I was always under the impression that the dead bodies in the tunnel were that of the native people there. Hence when all the zombies come back they're all native people. Sorry if I missed something I was gone a few months and I'm still trying to catch up. :|

Anywho, they most likely just choose the green so it looks like a dragon, but after seeing all the various colors and types, it'd be interesting to see what the other castes could do!

We don't know for certain who all was there, but I assume it was a workplace for 935. Not all the members, Maxis and Richtofen specifically. I agree that the dead bodies are of the native people. As for the stones, I believe it is a green one due to the ancient history behind Naga's and reptiles in general, even with the Mayans and ancient civilization.

Let me rephrase then....

Exchange "nazi style" with "Der Riese style".

I see a lot of things in this map that are like ancient versions of stuff going on at Der Riese, such as burning massive amounts of corpses.

You can't deny that Der Riese is a fictional depiction of the worst of the Nazi's war crimes. Blur the lines between Hitler's Nazis and Group 935 and you should get my point.

Here's a link for you. Notice the nagas in the formation of a swastika on this stone door...

• Administrators

I see a connection for sure, but I believe that it is more of a case that the Nazi's have seen the logo and based the swastika on it, not that they built the door based on the swastika, if that makes sense. If I misunderstood you, I apologize. But the swastika is a very common theme and symbol in the ancient world so it doesn't particularly surprise me that it is there, it is a symbol of ancient civilizations taken by the Nazi's.

I see a connection for sure, but I believe that it is more of a case that the Nazi's have seen the logo and based the swastika on it, not that they built the door based on the swastika, if that makes sense. If I misunderstood you, I apologize. But the swastika is a very common theme and symbol in the ancient world so it doesn't particularly surprise me that it is there, it is a symbol of ancient civilizations taken by the Nazi's.

Maybe I'm beating a dead horse here...

I know the swastika is an ancient symbol adopted by the Nazis. I'll agree, the Nazis or even Group 935 didn't likely built the stone door. But it wasn't just randomly placed in the game either. Seeing ancient depictions of swastika's in Shangri La, fits perfectly within the context of a Nazi Sci-Fi story.

These were on the video, so I just thought they should be included too.

Top image looks so realistic for some reason.

Pretty sure there's a wall behind the Olympia so you can't what's behind it in the finished product.

Mudpit looks more scary.

Bottom image has one major difference. There is no wall in the back. You can clearly see the temple with a path leading up to it.

The sun is shining, but the lighting is different compared to the top, and it looks foggy. Possibly could've been a boss round but that's unlikely.