Shangri-La Looks Challanging

Like the title says. Shangri-La looks challanging. Fun, but challanging.

I wouldn't take a run at this map with less than 4 players. I love two strategies, camping and running through multiple traps in a continuous loop. This map looks like it will provide both. There doesn't appear to be much open area, but it also looks like a big map, so I am thinking this is a good thing. Also the fact that monkeys return and there appears to be some kind of upgraded spiked claymore tells me this will be a good map. In my opinion the monkeys are the best wundergrenade. I wonder what challenges the eclipse will bring as night turns to day. Just some thoughts/opinions/ideas.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

(Your really posting allot!) :)

Well i really think it is going to be a tight map like Der riese but bigger in general!

As of the Four player thing i think that i would still only play with three or two, i guess i just got that way because it is very hard to kill George with 4 people.

And the Claymore makes me wonder if they are Pack a Punched (Which i think they are) then does that mean we could Pack a Punch monkey bombs or other things?

Yeah, but some CoD kids don't know the word challanging and will just go

"This map sucks! It suck so bad, I'll just have to play it 500 more time, say I want my money back, then troll on the internet!"

You know it's true. ;)

OH! BTW, hit me up on Xbox if you have the time and don't mind playing with a teenager. XBLGT: Pvt Wyatt

I was thinking the same thing, it's gonna be a challenge! They said it was gonna be a tighter map, and they really weren't kidding.

I'm extremely happy they've brought the traps back into the mix though! This is going to help me immensely with running circles around the map with a group. Hit a trap, camp out for a bit, then keep moving. Reminds me of playing Kino with my buddies. And I was kinda bummed they didn't have any in CotD, so I'm glad to see them returning!

I am thinking that the eclipse will bring certain challenges by effecting certain things. Maybe the water won't spill into the wheel and therefore you won't have the waterslide or something.

And YES! My friends didn't play CotD because they thought it was too hard. They got fustrated and would never play with me. I hope this doesn't happen with Shangri-La especially with the Napalm and Shrieker zombies.

(Your really posting allot!) :)

Well i really think it is going to be a tight map like Der riese but bigger in general!

As of the Four player thing i think that i would still only play with three or two, i guess i just got that way because it is very hard to kill George with 4 people.

And the Claymore makes me wonder if they are Pack a Punched (Which i think they are) then does that mean we could Pack a Punch monkey bombs or other things?

Well there are 4 characters so..... I think on all zombie maps, 4 is the magic number. Plus when all 4 people play you hear more hilarious quotes. Everyone loves the quotes! :D

Camping sucks no offense, its a game of survival,

Hiding in a corner is no way to survive, its boring, useless and just plain ruins all thr effort treyarch put into a map because your only in 1 litttle section, hiding and camping arnet surviving, its well its lazy imo

Treyarch did the best move possible in COTD introducing the anti camp zombie in george, and I hope that the napalm and shrieker zombies continue the trend.

This is just my opinion but I find it down right shameful in people camping on a map which a game devoloper took so long to make which such effort.

Im glad treyarch didnt add the m60

Now THIS is the carbon that ran a WAW Zombie Community!

I like the routes, you can find paths to run, instead of running in one little circle (Ascension/COTD) you can run large, elaborate routes. the way that bamboo trap works looks like the map may be designed for that

wohoo, the real carbons back.

now to get rid of the gk case *throws it into the nearest bin*

i guess we can no go an have an epic adventure, searching through the lsots ruins of the temple, finding the oh so glorious focus stone, whihch will the guys go back to there time.

Hiding in a corner is no way to survive, its boring, useless and just plain ruins all thr effort treyarch put into a map because your only in 1 litttle section, hiding and camping arnet surviving, its well its lazy imo

Treyarch did the best move possible in COTD introducing the anti camp zombie in george, and I hope that the napalm and shrieker zombies continue the trend.

This is just my opinion but I find it down right shameful in people camping on a map which a game devoloper took so long to make which such effort.

Im glad treyarch didnt add the m60 <3

Camping is a strategy and is a legit tactic for survival.

Im glad treyarch didnt add the m60

true but your already in a confined area, why limit yourself to an even smaller area? im pretty sure theres a saying about traps and rats that is an apt description

Im glad treyarch didnt add the m60 <3

true but your already in a confined area, why limit yourself to an even smaller area? im pretty sure theres a saying about traps and rats that is an apt description

Pretty sure some of the highest rounds I have achieved on zombies was by camping. I use running strats too, but just sayin.

Not to say that camping wasn't without it's cons. If you got over-run, there would be no way out. That was the reason I liked Der Riese. It really weeded out the weak players. Weak ones would balcony came. Stronger ones could work as a team to navigate the map together for ammo, and could then lock down an area to set up a base for fire. Two men at the door, two men at the windows, that was the way to do it! SSN, Der Riese, NDT, two men at the door, two men at the window.

Camping was also a poor strat on maps like verruckt, where if the entire map was open you could run a train, but of you stopped moving you'd be dead.

The point is, I can't wait to show newbies how we killed zombies back in my day!

Not to say that camping wasn't without it's cons. If you got over-run, there would be no way out. That was the reason I liked Der Riese. It really weeded out the weak players. Weak ones would balcony came. Stronger ones could work as a team to navigate the map together for ammo, and could then lock down an area to set up a base for fire. Two men at the door, two men at the windows, that was the way to do it! SSN, Der Riese, NDT, two men at the door, two men at the window.

Camping was also a poor strat on maps like verruckt, where if the entire map was open you could run a train, but of you stopped moving you'd be dead.

The point is, I can't wait to show newbies how we killed zombies back in my day!

i always played der riese split screen because nobody else i knew had WaW, so for that scenario balc camping was the most effective strategy. we got to 36 a few times and 35 a couple so while yes, there was no way out if sh*t hit the fan, it was still a very effective strategy. i kinda hope this map has more campable areas in it, simply because my thumbs are tired of constantly running circles around small areas for hours on end lol

How is camping, a boring tactic? Yet, running around in a circle and repeatedly buying ammo isn't?

Don't get me wrong, i use both tactics based on team skill and the best tactic for that map. But if you watch any zombie movie, they holdout/camp they aren't running around grabbing ammo and circling back. Think "Night of the living dead" they camped a house out for 90% of the movie and when their tactic wore then they ran!

Both strategies have their uses, but sometimes it's best to do both.

I.E.: In Call of the Dead, me and a friend of mine would usually start our rounds out (after about round 5 or so) on the top of the boat, near the power room, and hold out as long as we can. When shit got too heavy, we'd either hit the zipline and head for Revive Island or drop down to the Flopper and head for the Lighthouse.

The best "strategies" really differ depending on the map you're playing on. Even on Ascension, me and my friends would ALWAYS hold out by either the PhD Flopper or Speed Cola (depending on how many of us there are) with a lander right there, so if things got heavy, we could make an escape and start running to a different area.

Pretty sure some of the highest rounds I have achieved on zombies was by camping. I use running strats too, but just sayin.

I remember when you, Grix, Covy and i were playing Der Riese on WaW and we were at 32 on the catwalk and got overran so we had to start doing your running strat and everything went to hell :D

Camping = a little more irritating, but def the way to go if you're trying to get up on the leaderboards.

I look forward to Shangri-La because of how tricky it looks. It took me a few times to get into Call Of The Dead properly. It took a while to get a proper bearing of the map. It's a tricky one. As is Shi No Numa. And that's my favourite Zombie map. If you can't get past round 30 after a month, you know it's a good map :)

The way I see it. You camp an area until you can't hold it any longer, and then you commence the running strategies.

Absolutely. Exactly what i do. I hope this map isnt too hard for solo, because i only play solo. I wish i could play with others

The way I see it. You camp an area until you can't hold it any longer, and then you commence the running strategies.

Absolutely. Exactly what i do. I hope this map isnt too hard for solo, because i only play solo. I wish i could play with others

I wouldn't play this solo.