What about origins should stay?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the wonderfizz should return, and I like the challenge box as well as the soul chests. I also like the difficult boss at an early-ish round- added challenge is always fun. Buildable wonder weapons can come back, but I don't like them origins style or like the jet gun- die rise's sliquifier was perfect since all the parts were in the general area. I disliked how once the ammo in the staves ran out, you had to find a new way to get ammo, but that made things interesting honestly and different strategies were developed. I don't think zombies needs multiple wonder weapons per map. Lastly, I know this isn't exclusive to origins, but it'd be really cool to have new pack a punch camos every map, or, God forbid, players can choose their own camos on a packed weapon. :D

Returning features!

-Wunderfizz

-Upgrade system outside of pack a punch

-Something similar to the maxis drone

-Challenge Board

-Weather. I liked the snow and rain! Particularly rain is something i've been craving in zombies since w@w. Its so atmospheric.

-Variety of weapons. The one thing they still didnt add was the MSMC. But origins brought in some of my top choices for BO2 including the ballista and the KSG.

-Box weapon attachments. I think this should be a customizable option in the future. Maybe even from the wall... Choose a simple attachment you like for a weapon. Easy and not that huge but it would mean sooo much to me. 

-!Origins Takeo

Features that should never ever in a million years come back, or ever have been included in the first place.

-Mud

-Panzer Soldat

-Maxis appearance. This once seriously bugs me. He needed to stay unknown in appearance...

-A million of the same wall weapon. Seriously there are like 6 MP40's on the wall. 2 is enough.

-The rest of the !Origins crew. They drive me crazy and make me want to throw my controller when they talk. They are so dull, so lifeless...and they dare to call them by the names of our classic crew. Somehow Takeo became bearable as I mentioned before. Which is weird...now I want to be him for once. 

Returning features!

-Wunderfizz

-Upgrade system outside of pack a punch

-Something similar to the maxis drone

-Challenge Board

-Weather. I liked the snow and rain! Particularly rain is something i've been craving in zombies since w@w. Its so atmospheric.

-Variety of weapons. The one thing they still didnt add was the MSMC. But origins brought in some of my top choices for BO2 including the ballista and the KSG.

-Box weapon attachments. I think this should be a customizable option in the future. Maybe even from the wall... Choose a simple attachment you like for a weapon. Easy and not that huge but it would mean sooo much to me. 

-!Origins Takeo

Features that should never ever in a million years come back, or ever have been included in the first place.

-Mud

-Panzer Soldat

-Maxis appearance. This once seriously bugs me. He needed to stay unknown in appearance...

-A million of the same wall weapon. Seriously there are like 6 MP40's on the wall. 2 is enough.

-The rest of the !Origins crew. They drive me crazy and make me want to throw my controller when they talk. They are so dull, so lifeless...and they dare to call them by the names of our classic crew. Somehow Takeo became bearable as I mentioned before. Which is weird...now I want to be him for once. 

There are 3 MP40s…: 

- Near jug.

-Exiting the workshop

-in the tank station 

They aren't all over the map, just in the main areas. 

Well… 4 if you count the one in the box...

Not really too keen on the wonderfizz.  upgradeable melee should stay.  and multiple wonder weapons should also stay.   Im ok with the way in which the staffs were upgraded as part of an easter egg, but i would really rather see the EE's go back to being a non-essential part of the map experience.  in BO1, you could play shang, cotd, and moon without doing the EE and still be perfectly fine, whereas in BO2 they started really almost forcing the EE's on the player which is not a good thing imo. 

• Administrators

Not really too keen on the wonderfizz.  upgradeable melee should stay.  and multiple wonder weapons should also stay.   Im ok with the way in which the staffs were upgraded as part of an easter egg, but i would really rather see the EE's go back to being a non-essential part of the map experience.  in BO1, you could play shang, cotd, and moon without doing the EE and still be perfectly fine, whereas in BO2 they started really almost forcing the EE's on the player which is not a good thing imo. 

And on top of that, because most of the good stuff could only be accessed while starting the Side Quests, you would get that feeling of "fuck it, might as well do the EE since I'm already half-ways through it". That should be removed entirely. If someone wants to do the Easter Eggs, then fine - just don't start forcing it to a point where that's the only way for obtaining special weapons or accessing certain arsenal.

And on top of that, because most of the good stuff could only be accessed while starting the Side Quests, you would get that feeling of "fuck it, might as well do the EE since I'm already half-ways through it". That should be removed entirely. If someone wants to do the Easter Eggs, then fine - just don't start forcing it to a point where that's the only way for obtaining special weapons or accessing certain arsenal.

precisely 

hope they go back to the BO1 blueprint for EE's

What issue do you have with the wonder fizz? 

Melee will undoubtedly return, even if it's in bowie/galvaknuckle form. 

The issue with Origins is that the easter egg was practically 50% Upgrading the staffs. By the time you upgrade that, you search for the only way to upgrade again: Elemental fists. That REALLY forces the easter egg. 

Every map on BO2 really pushed the EE (If it had one). 

-Tranzit--- Voices

-Die rise---Voices

-MOTD--- Didn't actually provoke it, but considering you're 90% done after just reaching PAP 3 times… It's hardly even an easter egg. 

-Buried--- Voices

Origins-- ENTIRE MAP SET UP MENT FOR YOU TO DO THE EASTER EGGS….

What issue do you have with the wonder fizz? 

Melee will undoubtedly return, even if it's in bowie/galvaknuckle form. 

The issue with Origins is that the easter egg was practically 50% Upgrading the staffs. By the time you upgrade that, you search for the only way to upgrade again: Elemental fists. That REALLY forces the easter egg. 

Every map on BO2 really pushed the EE (If it had one). 

-Tranzit--- Voices

-Die rise---Voices

-MOTD--- Didn't actually provoke it, but considering you're 90% done after just reaching PAP 3 times… It's hardly even an easter egg. 

-Buried--- Voices

Origins-- ENTIRE MAP SET UP MENT FOR YOU TO DO THE EASTER EGGS….

Its less that I have an issue with it, and more that i just dont think it adds much.  id prefer just having all the perk machines scattered throughout the map like normal.  but to each their own

Its less that I have an issue with it, and more that i just dont think it adds much.  id prefer just having all the perk machines scattered throughout the map like normal.  but to each their own

It added a whole extra 4 perks to Origins If I do recall…. 

This is the only means of acquiring special perks IMO, like electric cherry: It's a perk forged in hell, the only way to get it, is to either be in hell or get it from the wonder fizz. 

I mean there are quite a few things that point to EC NOT being an ordinary perk: 

-It's the only perk in MOTD that isn't flashing

-It's never been seen outside of MOTD

-It has no perk jingle, the ONLY perk to not have one. 

-It can be inferred from the satanic scenery, the boss being brutus, the 3 headed dog, the recording stating the 4 mobsters had died, the entrance scene suddenly changing from a peaceful to hellish landscape, the fact the 4 can't die, the ability to use an electric chair to teleport, the name of the Tomahawk, and… You know what that's enough evidence there. MOTD is close enough to hell. And one can also infer that MOTD is the home of Electric cherry. Therefore, cleanliness is close to garliness. Or something...

If they bring back Survival/Grief/No Man's Land on small, enclosed areas of a larger map. I'd love to see no perk machines at all, instead only the Wunderfizz machine. More randomness, less repetitiveness.

Other than that, they should only bring back the Wunderfizz in huge maps the size of Tranzit/Origins. 

If they bring back Survival/Grief/No Man's Land on small, enclosed areas of a larger map. I'd love to see no perk machines at all, instead only the Wunderfizz machine. More randomness, less repetitiveness.

Other than that, they should only bring back the Wunderfizz in huge maps the size of Tranzit/Origins. 

The wonder fizz would make tranzit 40X as enjoyable, No more retreating to town every time one got down!

And come next game, I 100% want to see a survival/greif map where the only perk available is the wonder fizz. That would be epic. 

But it could also work on smaller maps, like die rise: Put it in the box spawn room, the hallway behind the ak-74u, and spawn it's self. No one ever goes to these areas once set up, as they are BAD for training and things can get out of hand quickly. 

Buried: One in prospecting: under the catwalk, one hidden in the maze of tunnels above the town, and one in the mansion. 

Nuketown: Would spawn randomly… So… Yeah can't say anything about that one. 

MOTD: Is big enough to put 4 in general locations: Roof, area in front of the tomahawk spawn, against the tower trap at the docks, and in the generator room. 

It added a whole extra 4 perks to Origins If I do recall…. 

This is the only means of acquiring special perks IMO, like electric cherry: It's a perk forged in hell, the only way to get it, is to either be in hell or get it from the wonder fizz. 

if they included the electric cherry machine in a new map next time around and it was with the O4, absolutely nobody would bat an eye.  the whole game is all magic and shit, so they can do anything. the story doesnt matter and it should all be about gameplay and what is fun. 

I liked Origins's way of getting the Pack-A-Punch machine up and running. Something that compliments teamwork; as it's easier to power up the generators with 2 or more players, but can also be done on your own just fine without too much unnecessary tediousness.