DLC 2 First Look Coming Thursday, March 31st

Tac

• Administrators

Call of Duty fans, rejoice! Coming on Thursday, March 31st (only two days from now!!), is the first look into Black Ops 3's DLC 2.  Many were expecting a Zombies trailer similar to Nikolai's Memories (read a breakdown here) to appear today, but alas it has not happened yet.  Perhaps as compensation (or purely coincidental), the Call of Duty twitter account sent out a tweet letting us know that the wait is almost over.  Note that while the franchise says this is our "first look" at DLC 2, it really isn't.  Remember that just a couple weeks ago, an image of the Zombies map was leaked and spread like wildfire (by leaked, we mean the team at Activision messed up).  For a breakdown of that as well, I recommend going to this thread and continuing the discussion.

So, what do you guys think?  What do you expect the community will get to see?

Update 1: Treyarch has confirmed that they will be streaming, discussing the multiplayer maps as well as having NoahJ456 on to talk Zombies with Jason Blundell!

Update 2: The stream will begin at 11AM Pacific Time, and the tweet specifically says "There will be zombies." Eeek! Here's a new image to go along with it:

Ce0gMQJVIAEdaPO.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't much point to having another post for this. In fact, it kind of feels like you are taking it from under the rug of the person who first posted it. That is where the discussion should be really.

• Administrators

Yup exactly, there's no "taking it from under the rug."  The point of news articles is to offer more in-depth discussion about an idea and make it more prevalent.  Just because there's a topic on it in the site doesn't mean there shouldn't be a news article about it.

EDIT: @Nightmare Voyager, perhaps the confusion is coming because I forgot to add this to the news section as well, so it just appeared as a regular post. My apologies then if that's where this is coming from.

No, there is no confusion. This post: 

already existed and did a perfect enough job of being the place for discussing the DLC. The guy posted it here first, so the discussion should be had on that post. Having a news post is fine, but you tried to start a discussion about it here as well which can both take away from his post and cause confusion to people because there will be two posts talking about one subject.

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

No, there is no confusion. This post: 

already existed and did a perfect enough job of being the place for discussing the DLC. The guy posted it here first, so the discussion should be had on that post. Having a news post is fine, but you tried to start a discussion about it here as well which can both take away from his post and cause confusion to people because there will be two posts talking about one subject.

At the time of posting the article, I wasn't aware there was another topic on it. When I found the topic, I merely commented that I made an article and anyone can look if they wanted to (considering mine had more content and in my eyes, the other did not do a "perfect enough job"). No need to then take out the discussion portion out of my own post, but I understand where you're coming from. Thanks for the feedback.

2 minutes ago, Tac said:

@RequixEclipse Yeah, I was just trying to avoid posting it in case people didn't want to see it :p

@Stop Mocking Me0 That's a good question, but I'm curious if there even will be a big surprise. My feeling right now is no, but I'm curious on your thoughts about this.

He seemed REALLY happy about it. So I doubt it's something we wont' be getting later on like an easter egg, but rather something IMMEDIATELY apparent in the map like a weapon, the characters, a boss. Something along those lines. 

Like I said, I think it's Marlton and Co. but it could just as well be the raygun M2. Maybe both, after all the last place we saw either of those is in buried. 

• Administrators

Pushing the idea repeatedly doesn't mean it's going to happen. So far there has been nothing whatsoever to even remotely imply that those four will be reappearing. Especially since they were just minions from the original universe. Conversely, it seems far more evident that most folks' new Origins 4 will return. Besides, do you know how many people would be downright disgusted to see those four again? Bringing them back is a surefire way to upset mass amounts of fans all at once at an already volatile time.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

He seemed REALLY happy about it. So I doubt it's something we wont' be getting later on like an easter egg, but rather something IMMEDIATELY apparent in the map like a weapon, the characters, a boss. Something along those lines. 

Like I said, I think it's Marlton and Co. but it could just as well be the raygun M2. Maybe both, after all the last place we saw either of those is in buried. 

Are you referring to Blundell saying pre-launch that there would be something we would never figure out?  Are you relating that to this Thursday?  I'm sorry, I am confused.

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

No I'm saying Noah J456 said there will be a big surprise, and judging by his reaction to it, it's going to be a major map feature. 

Oh okay, I'm on the same page as you now.  I can't even begin to speculate what the surprise will be haha, there are just so many options.

5 hours ago, Tac said:

Call of Duty fans, rejoice! Coming on Thursday, March 31st (only two days from now!!), is the first look into Black Ops 3's DLC 2.  Many were expecting a Zombies trailer similar to Nikolai's Memories (read a breakdown here) to appear today, but alas it has not happened yet.  Perhaps as compensation (or purely coincidental), the Call of Duty twitter account sent out a tweet letting us know that the wait is almost over.  Note that while the franchise says this is our "first look" at DLC 2, it really isn't.  Remember that just a couple weeks ago, an image of the Zombies map was leaked and spread like wildfire (by leaked, we mean the team at Activision messed up).  For a breakdown of that as well, I recommend going to this thread and continuing the discussion.

So, what do you guys think?  What do you expect the community will get to see?

Update: Treyarch has confirmed that they will be streaming, discussing the multiplayer maps as well as having NoahJ456 on to talk Zombies with Jason Blundell!

WARNING SPOILER!

image.jpeg.ab1a98f45da17d29a669da21bc58b

Updated my original comment and the picture I believe you were referencing is now in Spoiler. @TacKeep up the good work my friend! sorry ufor the head ache just trying to engage and start being more active again. 

Dude you have posted this on like 3 posts, this is exactly what I meant about multiple posts for something that only needed one XD

So Takeo looks like he is actually the Captain on what I assume to be a boat (Weird, I thought he was a military captain but maybe he is a naval officer?) and that he has younger Takeo's katana, ready to cut his stomach open. Since I think the chances of losing younger Takeo is low, I am assuming zombies overrun the boat and they get split up blah blah blah narrative blah blah katana fight.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Dude you have posted this on like 3 posts, this is exactly what I meant about multiple posts for something that only needed one XD

So Takeo looks like he is actually the Captain on what I assume to be a boat (Weird, I thought he was a military captain but maybe he is a naval officer?) and that he has younger Takeo's katana, ready to cut his stomach open. Since I think the chances of losing younger Takeo is low, I am assuming zombies overrun the boat and they get split up blah blah blah narrative blah blah katana fight.

What would you rather me do, post it solely on mine and have others miss it? Post it solely on the others even though there's discussion on mine? There are multiple posts on it, so either the posts get shut down or conversation will continue.

What makes you think he's the Captain of a boat as opposed to another branch of the military? We've known a boat would be involved since the DLC 1 poster and one of the ciphers, so how come now?

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

So Takeo looks like he is actually the Captain on what I assume to be a boat (Weird, I thought he was a military captain but maybe he is a naval officer?)

Why do you think its Takeo? The old Takeo had more such cap like the other Japanese soldiers have, instead of a officers cap. Maybe its the leader of Division 9

1 hour ago, anonymous said:

Why do you think its Takeo? The old Takeo had more such cap like the other Japanese soldiers have, instead of a officers cap. Maybe its the leader of Division 9

Nevermind, my friend later pointed out that guy is definitely not Takeo.