I don't believe the easter egg is done yet...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been spending days ever since the launch thinking and wondering to myself "this can't just be it,2 small Easter eggs?"

that last quote by maxis seems to be a full on lead/start to a bigger EE along with all the radios and we don't even know who these "test subjects" are yet..

the 4 red lights in the catwalk room were the trailer cutscene is set in is very suspicious.

not to mention the plane from motd is on top of that room 

way too many leads and questions into this map with no answers... Sounds like the treyarch I know!

I could just be going way too deep into a small pre order bonus map and it could be the whole different multiverse stuff but this map feels fishy..

ill keep scratching my head and looking at every lead possible but only TIME will tell for right now. 

NOTE: He said he only saw this change in theater mode, which is a bit odd, but it could be that there's simply a specific order or something. 

The point being: Something activated one of the lights. We think it's the KN44 upgraded and pointed at clocks: 

1 in the labs

1 above the center of the map

1 in the hidden room to the left of the big clock.

1 in another room that IDK about. 

14 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

NOTE: He said he only saw this change in theater mode, which is a bit odd, but it could be that there's simply a specific order or something. 

The point being: Something activated one of the lights. We think it's the KN44 upgraded and pointed at clocks: 

1 in the labs

1 above the center of the map

1 in the hidden room to the left of the big clock.

1 in another room that IDK about. 

If it is only the KN-44 that allows you to do this, wouldn't that be interesting because that is the weapon which appears to be inside the summoning key on that image signed by Dr. Monty. Like... the KN-44 is a part of the key that allows you to progress through the EE?

I was curious as to the PaP'd name and it seems to be the "Anointed Avenger"

Never heard of that name before so I looked it up.

-smear or rub with oil, typically as part of a religious ceremony.
"high priests were anointed with oil"

I thought it was cool that it has a religious reference to it, being we are dealing with what seems to be hell.

Another definition is to be anointed a title, such as king, leader, or savior.

Thought I'd throw that out there....*shrug

:

Does anyone know if that weapon is available in SoE?

I don't think it is, I saw someone asking on a youtube video where to get the gun, as he wanted a new reticle and the uploader said it was on Giant, but the guy said he didn't have the Giant, nobody told him where to find it on SoE so I'm assuming it's not there?

You can get the gun in SoE, yeah. Anointed is yet another word that fits with Apocalypse, Averted, etc... They do seem to like that alliteration. Hmmm!

Glad to see us still wondering about this. Crazy Easter Eggs and such is one of the reasons Zombies is so great.

By the way, I've been noticing some siren-like teleporter noises sometimes in The Giant after they're all linked. Dunno if it is anything to do with it...

7 minutes ago, WCRobinson said:

You can get the gun in SoE, yeah. Anointed is yet another word that fits with Apocalypse, Averted, etc... They do seem to like that alliteration. Hmmm!

Glad to see us still wondering about this. Crazy Easter Eggs and such is one of the reasons Zombies is so great.

By the way, I've been noticing some siren-like teleporter noises sometimes in The Giant after they're all linked. Dunno if it is anything to do with it...

Sirens, as in the noise it makes when you throw a monkey bomb on a teleporter?

I start hearing odd sounds in the upper to mid 30s, I sorta think they are bugs as I've seen my hands and weapon have a glow affect to them too, texture bugs.

I really wish I knew what round this guy made it to that took the green light screen shot.

I saw the tweet from Iowa Gaming showing off that green light "easter egg". He definitely doesn't know how he had activated it, but at the same time, TheJFKGamer had asked him a few times to post the gameplay so that we could all figure it out. Iowa refused because he said he didn't want to reveal it so that the "big guys" could post it. Seems fishy to me, but I guess we won't really know for now.

I've been playing the giant pretty frequently and one thing that caught me off guard is one of the things Nikolai says When he pack a punched the KRM-262 ( It wasn't of my choice but I was trying TONS of things out) and a quote was said that I'm pretty sure I haven't heard before from Nikolai pack a punching ( other than a regular russian zombie killer nikolai quote) 

First time Pack a punching he said 

"A weapon to match the importance of our mission" 

Now hearing this caught me off guard as it was liTerally just a off the wall shotgun and he could be saying thIs about ANY gun but its the 2nd time I pack a punched is when I knew soMething was up 

Nikolai had said after I pack a punchEd the KRM-262 Twice which had gotten the Blast Furnace Power up 

"Perhaps such firepower may allow us to live long enough to trigger beacon light.... wait.. what did I say?" 

Now this quote could be triggered about ANY gun and unfortunately I haven't had the time to try the KRM a 2nd time with nikolai nor what any of the other characters say but the quote seems towards something about high rounds 

And I've heard MULTIPLE rumors about stuff changing in high rounds wether it will be texture glitches or anything else AND if the Green light is faked or not I knew there was something with the 4 red lights I just KNEW it 

I still have the feeling of doubt because he could just be talking about the Fly trap Easter Egg with a pack a punch weapon but still something seems fishy, Hopefully I am not crazy and these quotes always happen after you pack a punch.

EDIT: I have pack a punched twice again with the KRM-262 with Richtofen and he says "Yes... Perhaps Now I can ensure the release of the beacon.. Maxis can find me!" Once again this could be pointing just towards the easter egg we already have but still Why have them AFTER you pack a punch a weapon twice? 

If anyone can confirm this only happens with the KRM-262 OR any other suspicious weapon please debunk my theory so I don't feel crazy!

Edited by MrGibbs

I don't know if the green light is real or fake, but I couldn't replicate the results.

I shot each clock multiple times with the KN, the PaP'd KN (Anointed Avenger), did it again than activated the teleporter and shot the main clock, than all of that with the DG-2, than DG-3. I even checked Theatre Mode after, and nothing.

7 hours ago, AsG xTiMiDx said:

I saw the tweet from Iowa Gaming showing off that green light "easter egg". He definitely doesn't know how he had activated it, but at the same time, TheJFKGamer had asked him a few times to post the gameplay so that we could all figure it out. Iowa refused because he said he didn't want to reveal it so that the "big guys" could post it. Seems fishy to me, but I guess we won't really know for now.

That is just selfish. I understand if your the first to discover it, I get it. But we are a community that works together. It is sad that it has devolved into which Youtuber can do it first for the views. And if it's fake, that's even worse. The fact it only happened in Theatre but not normal gameplay is just fishy to me.

EDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/3tw432/the_green_light_easter_egg_in_the_giant_was_faked/

Looks like it was fake.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, AsG xTiMiDx said:

9 minutes ago, Rissole25 said:

That is just selfish. I understand if your the first to discover it, I get it. But we are a community that works together. It is sad that it has devolved into which Youtuber can do it first for the views. And if it's fake, that's even worse. The fact it only happened in Theatre but not normal gameplay is just fishy to me.

EDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/3tw432/the_green_light_easter_egg_in_the_giant_was_faked/

Looks like it was fake.

I had heard someone on Reddit say that IowaGamingHD had agreed to release footage tomorrow.  Though that may have been a lie, it especially now seems like no such footage will be coming out.

9 hours ago, Tattoo247 said:

Sirens, as in the noise it makes when you throw a monkey bomb on a teleporter?

I start hearing odd sounds in the upper to mid 30s, I sorta think they are bugs as I've seen my hands and weapon have a glow affect to them too, texture bugs.

I really wish I knew what round this guy made it to that took the green light screen shot.

This is from memory, but I think it is a similar sound. I think it happened past round 10/15 or something (with teleporters linked).

I always seem to not have the time to play, but tonight I am gonna try and have a good playthrough (40+) and play around with some of the stuff mentioned here. Everything points to more of an Easter Egg here!

31 minutes ago, Tac said:

I had heard someone on Reddit say that IowaGamingHD had agreed to release footage tomorrow.  Though that may have been a lie, it especially now seems like no such footage will be coming out.

Enough time to edit the footage? I'd be on guard, it's so easy to be fooled by pictures and such, I'd rather try it for myself to see if I can get repeatable results.