PS4 gets dlc first?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumors say it although there is no Basis. 

Playstation likes to stamp their name on everything. Just look at Destiny. Every commercial for destiny treats it like it was a PS4 exclusive even though both consoles are the same with no differences.

PS4 has exclusive content for 1 year in the base game and every DLC for Destiny.

Rumors say it although there is no Basis. 

Playstation likes to stamp their name on everything. Just look at Destiny. Every commercial for destiny treats it like it was a PS4 exclusive even though both consoles are the same with no differences.

Hey, there's a difference: PlayStation players got a crappy strike and 3 useless armor sets! :P

Both companies need to stop. Microsoft has bought out COD for too long, and the way they made Tomb Raider an Xbox Exclusive was disgusting. Same goes for PlayStation and their Destiny advertising campaign. I want nothing more than all content to come out at the same for every platform, but there's too much money in it for them to stop... Dividing the gaming community and feeding the "console war" is obviously worth a few extra sales to them... 

I imagine if they do make the switch it is completely to sell more dlc. There is likely no numbers available to us, but I imagine the dlc being first on xbox, means it sells way more dlc on xbox. 

Or at least it used to, when xbox had an advantage over playstation. Now with the roles reversed, well more than reversed really, they don't want the risk of alienating the much larger fan base. 

It makes perfect sense, if that is the case. Every time I play zombies on ps3, less than 10% of people are playing a dlc map. No idea what the ratio is on 360, but it is likely way better than that. 

Let's be fair, Activision will be willing to get in bed with anyone for cash. I was surprised to see the first teaser on the PS Youtube channel though, and I think it was on that channel first? Not sure, if someone could confirm that would be great.

The only way Activision would release first on PS4 is if that got them more profits. It's highly possible that, because both Ghosts and AW were cross-generational releases, and beacuse the number of Xbox 360 and Xbox One's were probably greater than the number of PS3's and PS4's, it was more profitable to release on Microsoft first. But since this looks to be the first pure next-gen game, it's possible that they could have changed allegiances because there's more PS4's than Xbox Ones, making it more profitable to release on PS4 first. Looking at it this way, if Sony and Microsoft were to both offer an exclusivity deal at the same price, the Sony deal would likely be more profitable.

And before anyone says that Activision has been in bed with Microsoft for however long, bear in mind that didn't stop them from jumping into Sony's bed with Destiny.

Of course, there's no evidence that a new deal has been made. For all we know, Activision is still bound by the previous deal, or there could be other implications. We don't know, and I doubt that we'll ever get to know what sort of deals go on behind closed doors. All we can do is wish for a world where everyone gets the DLC at the same time.

I personally would get very ticked If I have to wait an extra month for DLC. That's the whole reason I have an XBox. I could have gotten a PS4 and gotten all the extra stuff with Arkham Knight and the PT playable.....

​That is how we feel every CoD -_-

Best case is no exclusivity. X1, PS4 and PC should get it the same time.

• Rumors of PlayStation getting the exclusivity started before any of the trailers were released.
  • In each and every trailer for Call of Duty the Xbox has been slapped somewhere. For example in Advanced Warfare reveal it was stated that game play was from Xbox One. In the BO III reveal Xbox was not mentioned.
  • In the callofduty.com pre-order page the game cover displayed is from the PlayStation 4. To me this is the most convincing thing there to say at least that the Xbox doesn't have exclusivity. In all the previous games the cover art has been for Xbox.

You guys can argue all you want but there is no proof until they literally announce whether Xbox has it, PS4 has it or its equal. Their are rumors like this every year with all kinds of different "proof" when in reality the only proof is an actual announcement.

If the game is current gen only, I could see the bidding price being huge for the marketing rights, and that might be the reason MS lost the rights, if they did. 

Let's face it, 3arc is the biggest name in COD, and COD is the biggest game this side of GTA. The console that gets COD map packs  month early on the first current gen only COD is going to set records in sales. 

If it happened to be a contract year for the marketing rights, it would be a perfect storm for Activision to make a lot more money. 

MS might be too close to their budget to match what Sony was willing to spend to get the rights.

If the game is current gen only, I could see the bidding price being huge for the marketing rights, and that might be the reason MS lost the rights, if they did. 

Let's face it, 3arc is the biggest name in COD, and COD is the biggest game this side of GTA. The console that gets COD map packs  month early on the first current gen only COD is going to set records in sales. 

If it happened to be a contract year for the marketing rights, it would be a perfect storm for Activision to make a lot more money. 

MS might be too close to their budget to match what Sony was willing to spend to get the rights.

​THAT is NOT true, although you do have a point in the fact that because of zombies, BO3 will be constantly bought for the next few years, where as COD 2016 will stop selling in 2017... 

Not to mention, if this WAS a major deal issue, wouldn't microsoft pay just as much, if not more to keep it's title? Loyalty benefits and whatnot? 

Not to mention MS produces FAR more then sony, including software, computers, consoles, and contracts worldwide. The limit for PS is TINY compared to MS's ESPECIALLY in a major game like cod. Plus, as stated before a LOT more games this year have been advertised to be part of PS, (destiny, arkham Knight, etc.) will they have enough in THEIR budget for BO3? 

You're thinking of MS as a company. MS has a ton of money, but Xbox does not. The division has done nothing but lose money for most of its existence. 

Add that to the shrinking market share of the XB1, and a next gen only CoD could simply be too much for the XBox division to afford. That's if it's happened of course. 

This may be true, but from what I have seen, Sony as a whole is really hurting on the bottom line.  PS4 has been a bright spot in an otherwise miserable time for them.  Microsoft could easily outbid Sony if they wanted to, but whether or not they want to remains to be seen

This may be true, but from what I have seen, Sony as a whole is really hurting on the bottom line.  PS4 has been a bright spot in an otherwise miserable time for them.  Microsoft could easily outbid Sony if they wanted to, but whether or not they want to remains to be seen