Your greatest personal zombies discoveries

Have you ever found something completely on your own and you were very proud of it?

For me this has happened two times. On the day Buried came out our group figured out a few of the easter egg steps by ourselves(which had never done before). It was really cool, considering the fact that we've done all the easter eggs from Ascension to Origins.

As for my second, it was just a week or two ago playing Origins. My friend was AFK and I had the zombie in the staff room. I was just looking at the statue faces, and I realized that they were Richtofen, Takeo, Dempsey, and Nikolai!(I realize that this was probably found out a long time ago, but I never knew about it so I felt pretty good!)

So do any of you have great discoveries that you found before seeing anything online?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In mob of the dead i created some great strategies for using afterlife to turn on multiple things at once. I also was one of the first to pap on round 1 in buried. Maybe not the first. But i solved the puzzle without looking online or using the infamous timebomb technique people said was needed to accomplish the feat.

When the bank and fridge was introduced on Die Rise, I Hadn't seen or heard anything about it. I was so sure that it had been there the whole time and everybody was just running by it. Then 3 days later I saw a post talking about it and that it had been anticipated. Feels good to think you made a discovery thousands haven't yet, even if you just think it for a couple of days :lol:

My proudest moment when was Buried was released and my friends and I played it. We're all average zombie players so that was alright.

But as Richtofen is generous with quotes in this side quest, I immediately wanted to solve it and I led my team to completion of step after step after step, until I really had no idea what to do anymore. I asked one of my non-ingame friends to search for the next step online, because I'd been looking for clues in the map for like an hour already, but no mattter how hard he searched, he couldn't find anything past our point. Richtofen side of course...

But we were quite ahead of the community so I was feeling hella proud then. We were just planning to start the time bomb step (and do it correctly, too, we somehow figured out the right way, but didn't know that back then) when my friend had to go offline. Bummer but still my proudest moment.

In Origins I was pretty good as well as to discovering EE steps, but the map is so glitchy. I've fallen under it a ton of times resulting in instant death. My teammates get wrecked by the Panzer and I just cry. To this day I still haven't completed the egg because everyone is basically done with Origins.

It's still the last achievement I haven't obtained from the black ops/black ops 2 series... #SadStori

I found the lava pools after Diner and the ones after Town to be crossable without juggernog, by finding the nooks that you could get a extra jump in without burning yourself, granted you kill the denizen before you jump. It was quite some time after I heard people talking about finding it.

Found that you don't have to turn around to kill a denizen with the Knuckles, or the bowie knife, there is a hit box (I assume from it's hand) that you can knife right before he clings to you, basically you can just run or sprint without taking the time to turn around and knife, which usually disoriented me in the beginning, you just have to time it to the screech once you do it a few times, it gets pretty easy to nail if you play the map on a regular basis.

Was the first, to my knowledge to catch the Sketchers reference on the bottom of Stulingers shoe, I think it says Skeetchers or Screechers.

When Kino was the only map out for BO, I accidently learned to keep a claymore in the PaP room in case you bleed out, it restocks your claymores without spending the points. Not sure if it was known or not, it was around the time I became active in the community.

My ex girlfriend, and avid hater of BO zombies (hence the "ex") deciphered the chalk board in Kino (I think it's the same on Der Riese too) as she was a graduate in engineering physics, it didn't make much sense but I gave it to BlackOpsTiger and was pretty cool to see it get used...I can't even remember what it all meant anymore.

I think I was the first person to know who McNamara was :lol:

It's not a "first of", but I remember crying for years about being able to either pick up crawlers, or drag them with you then Buried finally comes out and implemented the feature, I know it's far fetched but I like to think they saw my cries and got the idea from the forums 8-)

• 3 weeks later...

My internet was incapacitated the day before Mob of the Dead was to be released on Xbox. I had two friends coming over for a night of gaming to our mental capacities, and my heart broke when I saw my connection drop before my eyes as a semi barrelled down my street and right through the cord which may as well have been my life. 

Luckily, we managed to download it off a mobile phone hotspot, but we had no connections to the outside world, and when we managed to escape the island the first time and that 75G achievement popped up, my house was full of absolute joy as we pranced around, believing we had just completed the Easter Egg. How damn wrong we were... 

But anyway, obtaining all but 2 achievements within a 24 hour time period with no Internet is pretty respectable.

One of the thing I am most proud of are quite simple things but I felt awesome finding them,

When playing on shangri-la I noticed a few diffrent sets of writing about the place, Illuminate code around the gongs and a strange (and to this day unknowan to me) set of symbols on the side of the Wonder weapon on that map, It seemed like no one else had found them and even though they turned out to be pratically useless, it felt awesome to find them.

• Administrators

Prior to joining CoDZ my discoveries were rather insignificant. On Die Rise I found the mystery box on day one. A small victory yes, for some reason people didn't want to venture down the slide and look up. I watched a lot of youtube so not a lot is left to discover by the time I got to lol. However, after joining/lurking CoDZ around MotD and avoiding all hints and discovering things for myself my findings were endless. I guess my most treasured EE discovery would be finding the the second spoon on the table.

101A, YOUR NUMBER IS UP!